Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam]SeeDReborn v4.1 Multi-Language [NEW! More Options!] (5/22/19)  (Read 556948 times)

Sk-F

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn - FF8 Menu Overhaul (v3.2)
« Reply #50 on: 2014-07-31 18:56:26 »
JeMaCheHi, you'd be surprised... There's a LEGION of FF7-8 fans in Spain. And the number keeps growing and growing... ;)

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #51 on: 2014-07-31 20:28:19 »
Yeah, in Spain, but not in this forum Anyway, Spanish version always sucked. When I bought the Steam version I thought the game would be multiregion, I'd really like to switch version, I don't care to play it in English...

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #52 on: 2014-07-31 20:42:09 »
Yeah, in Spain, but not in this forum Anyway, Spanish version always sucked. When I bought the Steam version I thought the game would be multiregion, I'd really like to switch version, I don't care to play it in English...

LoL... don't say that... I'm spending all this time on making the Spanish version...   :?

necross

• Power ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2014-07-31 21:45:15 »
LoL... don't say that... I'm spending all this time on making the Spanish version...   :?

U are the best!, i'm from Chile btw and yeah, there are plenty of people waiting the spanish version. Thanks for everything!

Sk-F

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2014-07-31 21:52:34 »

YAY!  :D

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #55 on: 2014-07-31 23:22:17 »

I think you guys are misunderstanding me u.u

Anyway, a lot of people are waiting that, even if they doesn't post over here I'm certain that a lot of people are keeping an eye on that update :D You know we all love you man, I'm waiting the mod to playing the game again  ::)

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #56 on: 2014-08-01 23:31:37 »
Here is a preview of the French version:

It was the first step towards completion - being the texture with the least amount of changes.

This is the template I'm using for the other languages, so they should be easy!

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2014-08-02 00:20:08 »
Now I need to go buy the Steam version. Can I request some things to be changed for the French version? As you see there are still English names in there, and it would be nice to have it all in French. I can provide words that fit in the same space as they do right now.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2014-08-02 01:05:49 »
Now I need to go buy the Steam version. Can I request some things to be changed for the French version? As you see there are still English names in there, and it would be nice to have it all in French. I can provide words that fit in the same space as they do right now.

All menu headers never got translated in french (but they did in Final Fantasy IX). The french words are not that different: Name=Nom, Time=Temps, Choice=Choix, Num.=Qte. (abbreviation for "Quantité"), Item=Item/Objet, Magic=Magie, Status=Statut (badly translated to "Situation" in the main menu), Help=Aide, Target=Cible, Attack=Attaque, Ability=Compétence, Wait=Attente, Elemental=Elementale, Bullet= Balle(s), Cards=Cartes, Price=Prix.

Squall's limit "Trigger" and "Hit" got translated but "Perfect" was left in english wich is quite inconsistent; personally I'm okay with the english words.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #59 on: 2014-08-02 04:26:36 »
All menu headers never got translated in french (but they did in Final Fantasy IX). The french words are not that different: Name=Nom, Time=Temps, Choice=Choix, Num.=Qte. (abbreviation for "Quantité"), Item=Item/Objet, Magic=Magie, Status=Statut (badly translated to "Situation" in the main menu), Help=Aide, Target=Cible, Attack=Attaque, Ability=Compétence, Wait=Attente, Elemental=Elementale, Bullet= Balle(s), Cards=Cartes, Price=Prix.

Squall's limit "Trigger" and "Hit" got translated but "Perfect" was left in english wich is quite inconsistent; personally I'm okay with the english words.

Are these universal french? or canadian french? or?  I want to make sure that these are what would be used in a real square translation.  If this is what they use in FF9, then that's a huge bonus.  It's a lot more work, but the top field really shouldn't be that difficult.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2014-08-02 04:46:10 »
@5way: I'm aware, and I probably worded that poorly. I meant I would love to see this mod change the fact the English names pertained.

Either way I might just buy the Steam version. My wallet's not gonna like it, I've bought too many games recently. But oh well.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #61 on: 2014-08-03 01:53:26 »
Can someone please tell me what those words in the end mean?

It's the only thing left to complete my first font table.

« Last Edit: 2014-08-03 02:02:28 by LeonhartGR »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #62 on: 2014-08-03 03:35:59 »
French SeeD Update!

Let's see if this is more like what you guys are looking for:

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2014-08-03 04:38:26 »
@LeonhartGR
I think some of them are in the Chocobo World menu (when seslecting Chocobo World next to the memory cards slots).

@Mcindus
Some of the menu headers text strokes looks darker than others (G.F., Notice, Triple, Double...)
"Command" = "Commande"
The accent mark for "Défense", "Elémentale", "Spécial" and "Durée" or remove them all (I'd prefer that way)
The "A" junction icon still; maybe using the font from the menu headers ?
"Fast/Slow" translation = "Rapide/Lent"

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #64 on: 2014-08-03 05:28:37 »
The darkness/lightness isn't something to worry about.  I'll be fixing all inconsistencies later.  On that note, I will keep out all accent marks from words in caps. Thanks for the extra words! I'll put them in next.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-03 05:47:21 by Mcindus »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2014-08-03 11:02:59 »
What is "Estado" though? Is that more than one word? Because it's definitely not a French word :P

Also I had never noticed the Elemental and Status defense icons were shields

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #67 on: 2014-08-03 13:52:53 »
Hey Mcindus I need your help asap! When you have time of course. Thanks!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #68 on: 2014-08-03 18:15:12 »
What is "Estado" though? Is that more than one word? Because it's definitely not a French word :P

Also I had never noticed the Elemental and Status defense icons were shields

Estado is Spanish lol.  Some sprites are called up only in certain languages (like the japanese on the left - which was more of a consistency experiment than anything).

Some of those icons were really hard to make out before ;)

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2014-08-03 18:40:26 »
Ah, I see. Also you get to see where I got my nick from (being French and all, first FF I ever played was VIII, and it was in French).

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #70 on: 2014-08-03 19:30:10 »
French Update!

This looks like it might be done:

Spanish Version Progress:

I made a few changes to the translation here.... JeMaCheHi - any suggestions on re-translating?  The T. jue and T. Res seem kind of lame to me... should I make T. Jue into Duracion? and what about Time Remaining? Does any single word work or does it have to be a phrase?  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

German Version Progress:

I'm a German noob, so can someone please help me with these translations? I wanted to be more thorough than the original game, but I may have botched it.  How does this look?? Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 03:32:39 by Mcindus »

necross

• Power ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2014-08-04 00:48:31 »

I made a few changes to the translation here.... JeMaCheHi - any suggestions on re-translating?  The T. jue and T. Res seem kind of lame to me... should I make T. Jue into Duracion? and what about Time Remaining? Does any single word work or does it have to be a phrase?  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

T. Juego = "Tiempo de juego", maybe just "Tiempo" (Time).

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #72 on: 2014-08-04 02:20:10 »
T. Juego = "Tiempo de juego", maybe just "Tiempo" (Time).
But what about the "Time" at the end of the line that means "Time Remaining"?  Could I use Juego for "Play" like they do in the English version? (or "Game" like in the German version?) Then T. Res could be Tiempo.

Does that make sense in Spanish? Or just the English translation?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 03:35:24 by Mcindus »

necross

• Power ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2014-08-04 04:00:44 »
But what about the "Time" at the end of the line that means "Time Remaining"?  Could I use Juego for "Play" like they do in the English version? (or "Game" like in the German version?) Then T. Res could be Tiempo.

Does that make sense in Spanish? Or just the English translation?

"T. Juego" could be "Tiempo" and "T. Res" just "Restante", btw T. Juego and T. Res they are not that bad haha

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #74 on: 2014-08-04 04:26:42 »
"T. Juego" could be "Tiempo" and "T. Res" just "Restante", btw T. Juego and T. Res they are not that bad haha

Heheh, ok - I'll keep T. Jue and T. Res.  Anything else?