Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam]SeeDReborn v4.1 Multi-Language [NEW! More Options!] (5/22/19)  (Read 556901 times)

necross

• Power ranger
    • View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn - FF8 Menu Overhaul (v3.2)
« Reply #75 on: 2014-08-04 04:38:56 »
Heheh, ok - I'll keep T. Jue and T. Res.  Anything else?

Vibration = Vibracion.
 The "trigger! (aprieta!)" what is the context? it sounds a little weird

Wursttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2014-08-04 04:40:38 »
german version "WAHL" to "AUSWAHL",  "FAHIGKEIT" to "FÄHIGKEIT", "FEHL" to "VERFEHLT" if it's to long "MISS", "BESONDERE" to "SPEZIAL", "TREFFEN" to "TREFFER"  ;)
thank you for dealing with a german version of SeeD !!!

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #77 on: 2014-08-04 04:49:26 »
Vibration = Vibracion.
 The "trigger! (aprieta!)" what is the context? it sounds a little weird

Oh yes... Vibracion ... along with si and no.  Derp.  I will fix that right away.

"Aprieta!" is only on screen when you trigger squall's Renzokuken and have to hit the 'trigger' button several times in order to score the limit break's "Perfecto!"
The idea of it being a real "trigger" is that squall has a gunblade - and on PSX, you hit the 'trigger' button R2 (or R1, its been a long time.)

german version "WAHL" to "AUSWAHL",  "FAHIGKEIT" to "FÄHIGKEIT", "FEHL" to "VERFEHLT" if it's to long "MISS", "BESONDERE" to "SPEZIAL", "TREFFEN" to "TREFFER"  ;)
thank you for dealing with a german version of SeeD !!!

@Wursttiger THANK YOU!!! I have been doing this via Google translate and a few other reference websites to put this together.  I'm glad I made so few mistakes! LOL
You are welcome! People around the world deserve to have SeeD Reborn in their lives ;)
Also - was it my imagination or did Square really misspell Ausloser as Ausloer? Was that intentional?  I corrected it, but I wasn't sure I should have  8-)

I will work on this right away!
[EDIT **** DONE - Tell me what you think!!!!]

If you guys want to know a way to thank me -- you could always buy my album on iTunes  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 05:10:27 by Mcindus »

kabooz

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2014-08-04 05:15:50 »
]
~Snip

@Wursttiger THANK YOU!!! I have been doing this via Google translate and a few other reference websites to put this together.  I'm glad I made so few mistakes! LOL
You are welcome! People around the world deserve to have SeeD Reborn in their lives ;)

I will work on this right away :)

If you guys want to know a way to thank me -- you could always buy my album on iTunes ;)

also "Nv." is also "Lv." in German, "notice" or "Bescheid"(not used outside of a sentence with the exception being legally...) is more likely "notiz" or "erkennen" I don't recall how it's used in the game but I think it was either as help or when you scan an enemy the first means "note" and the second "to notice"

I also do not remember how "Num." or "Menge" is used... if it's Number as in this is number five it would be also Num. in German if it's a number for the amount though it would be "Menge"

"HP" is also called "HP" in the German version of the game but TP should be fine since it's a transliteration "LP" as in "Life Points" would also be acceptable incidentally the same in German "Lebens Punkte"

I don't know when "bullet" or "Kugel" is used but kugel is correct but means the same as "ball" (same word in German btw.) as in a spherical object... so maybe "Munition" the german word for "ammunition".

we call items in games also "Item" as in an item you can use like a potion not for example items on a list. so I'd change "Objekt" actually back to "Item"

Fast and Slow and many others like bullet are actually in English in my dumped files (got the german disc version) make of that what you will^^
PS: the "Ausloer" was seemingly done for concern of space in the file -.- like much stuff if you get it to work "Auslöser" would be correct, though I think trigger is meant to be imperative.... which would be more like "Lös Aus!" transl. "trigger it!"

also I'd like to remark I'm royally greatful and will do my darndest to support your project so tell me if you need anything

« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 05:21:52 by kabooz »

Wursttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2014-08-04 05:25:33 »
i have made a mistake  ;D "FAHIGKEIT" to "FÄHIGKEITEN" or to "ABILTITY" ("ABILITY" is in the original german version)

necross

• Power ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2014-08-04 05:27:19 »
Oh yes... Vibracion ... along with si and no.  Derp.  I will fix that right away.

"Aprieta!" is only on screen when you trigger squall's Renzokuken and have to hit the 'trigger' button several times in order to score the limit break's "Perfecto!"
The idea of it being a real "trigger" is that squall has a gunblade - and on PSX, you hit the 'trigger' button R2 (or R1, its been a long time.)

Oh yeah, i remember now (was R1 hahaha). Then the "aprieta" it's ok. I like more "Presiona" (like press), but is well anyways. Great work!

kabooz

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2014-08-04 05:30:14 »
i have made a mistake  ;D "FAHIGKEIT" to "FÄHIGKEITEN" or to "ABILTITY" ("ABILITY" is in the original german version)

isn't "Fähigkeit" fine? it's not plural in english...

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2014-08-04 05:32:43 »

also "Nv." is also "Lv." in German, "notice" or "Bescheid"(not used outside of a sentence with the exception being legally...) is more likely "notiz" or "erkennen" I don't recall how it's used in the game but I think it was either as help or when you scan an enemy the first means "note" and the second "to notice"

I also do not remember how "Num." or "Menge" is used... if it's Number as in this is number five it would be also Num. in German if it's a number for the amount though it would be "Menge"

"HP" is also called "HP" in the German version of the game but TP should be fine since it's a transliteration "LP" as in "Life Points" would also be acceptable incidentally the same in German "Lebens Punkte"

I don't know when "bullet" or "Kugel" is used but kugel is correct but means the same as "ball" (same word in German btw.) as in a spherical object... so maybe "Munition" the german word for "ammunition".

Fast and Slow and many others like bullet are actually in English in my dumped files (got the german disc version) make of that what you will^^
PS: the "Ausloer" was seemingly done for concern of space in the file -.- like much stuff if you get it to work "Auslöser" would be correct

also I'd like to remark I'm royally greatful and will do my darndest to support your project so tell me if you need anything

Bitte hilf ihm! Ich habe kaum Zeit mich um Final Fantasy 8 zu kümmern.

By the way we could stay with 'Trigger' for 'Auslöser'. It has become slowly a German word. (It's a wrong translation because we are talking about the trigger of a gun and this would be an 'Abzug'.)

isn't "Fähigkeit" fine? it's not plural in english...

There stands Fahigkeit.

kabooz

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2014-08-04 05:38:13 »

By the way we could stay with 'Trigger' for 'Auslöser'. It has become slowly a German word. (It's a wrong translation because we are talking about the trigger of a gun and this would be an 'Abzug'.)

There stands Fahigkeit.

didn't think of it as "press the trigger of the gun now!" but I love it "Abzug" would totally work
and yeah "Fahigkeit" was in the original files^^ it's still wrong and we were talking about the changed version of McIndus which is "Fähigkeit" which is correct IMO

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #84 on: 2014-08-04 05:44:38 »

we call items in games also "Item" as in an item you can use like a potion not for example items on a list. so I'd change "Objekt" actually back to "Item"

PS: the "Ausloer" was seemingly done for concern of space in the file -.- like much stuff if you get it to work "Auslöser" would be correct, though I think trigger is meant to be imperative.... which would be more like "Lös Aus!" transl. "trigger it!"

This was extremely helpful, thank you kabooz!  I have implemented most of the changes - Menge is actually a quantity listing, so it seems right... "Auslöser" is a direct translation, but they all seem to be.  Square was really driving home the idea that you pushed a trigger on your controller to make squall shoot his gunblade... lol.  So I think I would like to make it Abzug if that's ok with you guys? Unless Trigger is more appropriate?
But there was one thing I wanted to clarify -- TP in this case is meant as Trefferpunkte... or "Hit Points" and from what I was looking up online, it seemed more accurate.  Should I just use HP?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 05:46:30 by Mcindus »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2014-08-04 05:47:00 »
HP.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #86 on: 2014-08-04 05:49:15 »
HP.
You've got it :)

*** EDIT ***
Check the new version and let me know if there's anything more that should be adjusted!

Also - anyone out there who is using the german version - I still need a few palettes to finish the translation, so if you are willing, PM me and we can get through Omzy's debug process together.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 06:01:30 by Mcindus »

kabooz

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2014-08-04 06:09:25 »
Also - anyone out there who is using the german version - I still need a few palettes to finish the translation, so if you are willing, PM me and we can get through Omzy's debug process together.
I'll see if I can get my hands on a steam version, if so you'll get one

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2014-08-04 06:18:06 »
I'm not sure in which conection Fast and Slow are, but the translation for the spells are 'Hast' and 'Gemach'.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #89 on: 2014-08-04 06:22:12 »
I'm not sure in which conection Fast and Slow are, but the translation for the spells are 'Hast' and 'Gemach'.

I'm not sure what context they are in either... I think they are status effects from the spells... so not the spell (noun) but the effect of the spell.  Would the current translation work for that?  Or would it be better just to leave it "Fast" and "Slow"?

kabooz

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2014-08-04 06:24:05 »
I'm not sure what context they are in either... I think they are status effects from the spells... so not the spell (noun) but the effect of the spell.  Would the current translation work for that?  Or would it be better just to leave it "Fast" and "Slow"?

they are likely in the settings buttons for text speed but don't really know

Wursttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2014-08-04 06:38:36 »
they are likely in the settings buttons for text speed but don't really know
you're right Kabooz.

PS: Mcindus i like your music  8-)

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #92 on: 2014-08-04 06:49:49 »
you're right Kabooz.

PS: Mcindus i like your music  8-)

Awesome - I think I translated it properly then?  Or did I?

THANKS Wursttiger! I'm glad you like it!   :mrgreen:

Ok... so French version... DONE... Spanish version... DONE... German version... DONE?  Hm. All in a day's work. LoL.  Time for Elder Scrolls Online.

Sk-F

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2014-08-04 12:29:18 »
Thank you so much Mcindus! Are the non-english versions included in the main download yet? Also, does it include a rework on the low-res menu background? If not, how can we change it?

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #94 on: 2014-08-04 15:58:38 »
OMFG, this thread is burning. Sorry about my absence, it's been hard days...

For me, this is a pretty amazing work, Mcindus. Really, I can't stop looking at the texture xD. I have to do some comments about. "Golpes" should not use exclamation marks (¡!), because is the result of renzokuken's hits (you know, when you finish and it say "4 hits" for example. "golpes" is "hit") If you don't quit that ¡! marks the message will be "4 ¡Golpes!" which will look very weird. Actually, it's a mistranslation, because hits means "success" in that context but it's translated as "smash"

I also would change "Espere" for "Espera". In the original it wasn't translated, but "Espere" is like more a formalism, and "Espera" it's more coloquial.

Finally, "¡Completo!" could be changed for "Adquirida", which was the original, but this is IMO the less important of that three things.

About what necross said (substituting "aprieta" for "presiona", or changing T.Juego for Tiempo) and the mistranslation with "Golpes". I think is better to stick to the original texts, not "retranslating" the menus.

And... I think that's all, thanks again for your hard work Mcindus, I envy your skills...

EDIT: Wait a minute... what are "Rapido" and "Lento"? I didn't notice that this existed. In the original tex file they are a "+" and "-"

EDIT2: I'm stupid, I perfectly know what that symbols are u.u They are used in the preferences section, when you choose the battle speed and all that stuff. For english I think it work well the "Fast" and "Slow" words because they are little, but for Spanish, "Rapido" is a long word and I fear it will overlap with the border of the screen, and "Lento" could overlap with the text on the left
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 16:06:26 by JeMaCheHi »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #95 on: 2014-08-04 15:59:19 »
I've sent you several messages for the Greek version. Thanks both to you and 5way (Aavock if that's the same person) for the support. You guys rock! Please tell me when you get my messages.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-05 06:22:52 by LeonhartGR »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #96 on: 2014-08-05 21:29:57 »
OMFG, this thread is burning. Sorry about my absence, it's been hard days...

For me, this is a pretty amazing work, Mcindus. Really, I can't stop looking at the texture xD. I have to do some comments about. "Golpes" should not use exclamation marks (¡!), because is the result of renzokuken's hits (you know, when you finish and it say "4 hits" for example. "golpes" is "hit") If you don't quit that ¡! marks the message will be "4 ¡Golpes!" which will look very weird. Actually, it's a mistranslation, because hits means "success" in that context but it's translated as "smash"

I also would change "Espere" for "Espera". In the original it wasn't translated, but "Espere" is like more a formalism, and "Espera" it's more coloquial.

Finally, "¡Completo!" could be changed for "Adquirida", which was the original, but this is IMO the less important of that three things.

About what necross said (substituting "aprieta" for "presiona", or changing T.Juego for Tiempo) and the mistranslation with "Golpes". I think is better to stick to the original texts, not "retranslating" the menus.

And... I think that's all, thanks again for your hard work Mcindus, I envy your skills...

EDIT: Wait a minute... what are "Rapido" and "Lento"? I didn't notice that this existed. In the original tex file they are a "+" and "-"

EDIT2: I'm stupid, I perfectly know what that symbols are u.u They are used in the preferences section, when you choose the battle speed and all that stuff. For english I think it work well the "Fast" and "Slow" words because they are little, but for Spanish, "Rapido" is a long word and I fear it will overlap with the border of the screen, and "Lento" could overlap with the text on the left

What would Golpes be then?  4 what?  4 successes? lol.  4 strikes!  maybe?  I'll drop the ! marks, but I'd like to have a better word there.

The reason I used "completo" is because in the english (and other versions) of the game, this means 'fulfilled!' meaning you've met the requirement for the ability.  Is Adquirida "acquired"?  It works, but it seems kind of loose.

I would like to fix some of the issues, but not everything.  I like Aprieta because it literally means 'press the gun trigger' correct?  I'll leave T. Jue and T. Res because it seems to be the best fit for size reasons.  Also - if 'rapido' and 'lento' don't fit, I will probably change the words to '+' and '-' again, but I like being as close as possible.  I think the reason they didn't use longer words than "fast" and "slow" is more because of the pixel/text ratio rather than the length of the word... it should have enough space unless i'm off in my grid in photoshop ;)  I very well could be, so we will find out.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #97 on: 2014-08-06 02:14:15 »
This is for LeonhartGR:

Greek Translation!

This will probably just write over your English SeeD files
« Last Edit: 2014-08-06 02:16:10 by Mcindus »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #98 on: 2014-08-06 03:18:18 »
Thank you and this is an awesome work! It needs to be cut now right? I owe you some digital swag now guys ;) Also I need to edit the start screen but everytime I'm using the editor the mngrp.bin is being corrupted. Even with a tiny edit like New to Neo...
« Last Edit: 2014-08-06 03:26:50 by LeonhartGR »

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #99 on: 2014-08-06 08:57:19 »
What would Golpes be then?  4 what?  4 successes? lol.  4 strikes!  maybe?  I'll drop the ! marks, but I'd like to have a better word there.

The reason I used "completo" is because in the english (and other versions) of the game, this means 'fulfilled!' meaning you've met the requirement for the ability.  Is Adquirida "acquired"?  It works, but it seems kind of loose.

I would like to fix some of the issues, but not everything.  I like Aprieta because it literally means 'press the gun trigger' correct?  I'll leave T. Jue and T. Res because it seems to be the best fit for size reasons.  Also - if 'rapido' and 'lento' don't fit, I will probably change the words to '+' and '-' again, but I like being as close as possible.  I think the reason they didn't use longer words than "fast" and "slow" is more because of the pixel/text ratio rather than the length of the word... it should have enough space unless i'm off in my grid in photoshop ;)  I very well could be, so we will find out.

Man you actually know Spanish? I'm a little surprised with your explanations!

Golpes is ok, it's only you should remove ¡! marks. It can be seen as "successful hits" "golpes con éxito" so golpes is fine.

About Adquirida/Completo, do what you feel is better. I'm a nostalgic and I think it should be better like it was in the original. The both should work fine.

And don't forget to change "Espere" for "Espera"! :D

By the way... Why did you use the word "Estado" in all the translations? Is an error?