Author Topic: Access to kernel.bin denied..?  (Read 2008 times)

2ply

Access to kernel.bin denied..?
« on: 2011-12-16 02:40:39 »
 This is driving me batty.

Whenever I goto create kernel.bin with Wallmarket, I get an error message saying:
 "blablahblah.. Access to the path C:\X\X\Desktop\Kernel.bin" is denied".

I've tried litterally everything I can think of reguarding security access/premission to the kernel.bin file, and nothing seems to allow me to alter it or the permissions in it's properties.

Using Win7 with the UAC completely off, and the kernel file is from the PSX version of FF7 too.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: Access to kernel.bin denied..?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-12-16 03:18:19 »
Move the kernel files to somewhere like C:\TEMP\Data\Kernel
Run WallMarket with Administrator Access.

2ply

Re: Access to kernel.bin denied..?
« Reply #2 on: 2011-12-16 03:39:55 »
Move the kernel files to somewhere like C:\TEMP\Data\Kernel
Run WallMarket with Administrator Access.

I read that while searching, (someone else had this same problem) but it didn't make any difference and no further solutions were given.

I really don't get it, I should have full access to everything on here but this file is incredibly stubborn for some reason.

(Edit: I'm not sure it will even matter soon lol :x, having a lot of issues with the tools used to mod FF7 so far, but one thing at a time I guess)

Well I guess this doesn't matter anymore, I gave up on trying to mod the discs lol  8-)

For what I plan on doing (playing on the PSP), it seems like just making custom cheat codes is the way to go. There is less potential for crashing that way and can apparently pull off the same basic things too.

You obviously know how to use the edit button. Please refrain from double posting in threads that are still fresh. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2011-12-16 21:07:18 by Covarr »