Author Topic: First battle scene failure  (Read 3706 times)

xallius

• View Profile
First battle scene failure
« on: 2013-03-22 05:05:33 »
The game loads fine and everything except when the 2 guards rush after me. At the swirl the game freezes. I have the ultimate Bootleg0039 package that was about 20gig all installed. I'm running a quad 2.2ghz, 4gig ram, and a Intel HD graphics on a dell inspiron laptop. I'm 95% every essential program is up to date. This is my app.log.

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0
INFO: GDI software renderer detected
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Subtractive blending not supported
INFO: No swap_control extension, cannot control framerate
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 1024x1024
INFO: Number of texture units: 1
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_a_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_b_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_c_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_d_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_e_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_f_00.png
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: texture dimensions exceed max texture size, will not be able to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/menu/buster_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/menu/buster_00.png
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: First battle scene failure
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-22 17:01:32 »
What type of GPU do you have installed?
The game is using a software renderer.

You need to force the game to use the GPU.

Q:I'm experiencing black screens, tearing, stuttering and out of memory errors.
A:Bootleg is not compatible with Intel graphics cards.  If you are using a laptop with a Radeon/NVidia card and an Intel CPU, the Intel GPU is most likely the default video card.
  The game uses the default video card which is most likely the Intel GPU.
  Check in the app.log to identify which GPU FF7 is using.
  To force FF7 to run on the Radeon/NVidia GPU, go into the graphics settings and "add" the file/app, "FF7.exe," to run on the improved performance processor.

xallius

• View Profile
Re: First battle scene failure
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-24 23:29:58 »
Actually, I got everything running now but the only problem I'm having now is after the Motor Bike battle and you enter in to the main map, as soon as I walk out to the map, I get a black screen and the game get's stuck.