Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 704248 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Wall Market, FFVII KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #325 on: 2009-02-19 20:11:45 »
Code: [Select]
Self.MainScriptOverride = True
Self.Flag(200) = True   [&4029]
Self.Flag(100) = True   [&4028]
Self.Flag(400) = True   [&402A]

I'm not sure what these flags so...I guess I'm slightly stuck. I may just have to leave these in assembler (Which is easiest for me, but I know it's not good for everyone).

These flags are the immune flags. Immune to physical, magical and statuses. I'm not positive on the 0x402A (statuses) though, just an educated guess.

And it is possible to make multiple attacks with the same IDs in different scenes and have different effects on those attacks. I did that over and over when creating my mod. The game reads from one scene at a time not every scene each battle. It's quite logical if you think about it. There actually are no IDs for an enemy, just their battle model.

warbaque

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2009-03-22 10:55:10 »
Any news on progress?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #327 on: 2009-03-22 20:20:01 »
Any news on progress?

It has been over a month now, hasn't it?

Well, here's the deal. I'm currently trying to find out the best way to allow editing of Character AI. All other parts are functioning to my satisfaction. What the hold-up is is all the addresses for different memory addresses. Like 4198h being size multiplier and such. Since a lot of these are unknown it wouldn't make sense to hard-code them into the program. So I think it'll be easier to make a WallMarket.dat file for the prog to pull known values from so people can edit that. But then, I also want to allow for DTEs like Sephiroth 1311 mentioned a few posts ago. Again, not a complicated task, but it would require a significant re-write.

Also, work and school have picked up a bit and I won't have a lot of, shall we say, domestic time to work on it until Summer (specifically July).

It WILL happen. I promise. Unless something unfortunate happens and I lose everything. It's all backed up in various places so there's not much danger.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2009-03-22 21:26:37 »
So, does this mean you have the stat curves sorted out? I remember them causing a few problems.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #329 on: 2009-03-22 23:49:36 »
So, does this mean you have the stat curves sorted out? I remember them causing a few problems.

There never was a "problem" per se. The only issue was that my HP/MP Max Values were higher than TFergusson's values. A while ago I decided to just say "to heck with it" and claim that they're only estimations. Seeing as the odds of getting the lowest possible value and the highest possible value are infinitesimal, it's really not worth clamoring to get the completely accurate numbers.

EDIT: In keeping with the post above, I have made a basic dat file at http://files.filefront.com/StatGrowthdat/;13518937;/fileinfo.html for WallMarket to potentially use as a database for the text characters and the memory addresses. I'd ask that people look at it and try to identify the many still-unknowns or clarify some of the existing ones. Perhaps this list should be on the wiki somewhere on a page linking from either the Battle Scenes or Battle Script pages.
« Last Edit: 2009-04-16 19:30:29 by NFITC1 »

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2009-03-27 18:03:17 »
I could be a moron (it's been a long time sense I've played ff7 and installed mods for it.) But when ever I try running WallMarket I get "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #331 on: 2009-03-27 18:38:08 »
I could be a moron (it's been a long time sense I've played ff7 and installed mods for it.) But when ever I try running WallMarket I get "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?
Install .NET Framework.

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2009-03-27 19:59:42 »
Install .NET Framework.

Thank you.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #333 on: 2009-03-28 15:07:19 »
'Nother update:

Char AI editing continues to elude me. I have no idea what the best method for doing this is. I don't want to release even a mostly-working version until this is resolved. I keep getting errors all over the place. If anyone has VB.NET programming experience with DataGridViews please let me know. I'm getting massive headaches from this. :(

As you may have suspected, I've been considering integrating this AI editing into Heidegger. I don't see how this could be any different than integrating what I've got into WallMarket, but like I said it's not ready yet.

Also, for those who haven't been keeping up with this topic I suggest you check it out. Interest seems to have died or at least bottomed-out for the time being. Either way, I was successful in creating a simple LZS program and will upload it to my filefront page soon (mostly so people stop emailing me for it. I haven't been ignoring you, just haven't had the time to do anything about it).

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2009-03-28 15:23:11 »
May I suggest uploading files somewhere else? FileFront is closing in a few days.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #335 on: 2009-03-30 14:45:49 »
May I suggest uploading files somewhere else? FileFront is closing in a few days.

Already on it. I'm going to move them all over to mediafire and repost links later today.

ct_bolt

« Reply #336 on: 2009-04-01 14:46:10 »
 8-) I just downloaded everything. Thank you NFITC1 for all the wonderful work you do.

GREAT WORK!  :-o :lol: 8-)
« Last Edit: 2009-04-01 16:53:22 by ct_bolt »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #337 on: 2009-04-01 17:04:13 »
So let me take this opportunity to say I planned on playing an April Fool's day joke on the users of WallMarket by either disallowing downloads or bringing up some pop-up claiming that the user had "fell for it" and they are now infected with a virus. Needless to say, I dismissed this idea shortly after I had it as being something rude and even annoying to pull off. That said, it does NOT surprise me that FileFront's "we're going down" JOKE (yes it was a joke as they are still working just fine) was false. It appears that the users that post on the forums also thought it wasn't funny. I had theorized from the first time I read it that it was a joke since Filefront is run by Ziff Davis Media who also runs PCMag, 1Up, and EGM magazines and are in no danger of going under either (unless Filefront really DID go down). Regardless, as a result of this uncouth prank (and because I'm stubborn) I'm not hosting my files on filefront anymore and they will remain on Mediafire. All future updates will go there. I moved all my files to Mediafire not because I fell for the prank, but as a precaution in the rare event that it wasn't. Now I'm not going back.

PS - The password issue on the LZSCDec has been resolved. As always, if there's any problems with it, notify me immediately via PM.

PPS - You know what I DID think was funny? Youtube displaying everything on the page of your first video upside down, including the text. Now THAT'S funny. :D You know what might also be funny? Spell checkers that randomly tell you that correctly spelled words are incorrect and tries to correct them with common misspellings.
You know the origin of April Fools' Day? Christmas used to be held on April 1st. After it was switched, the people that still celebrated it on April 1st were called "April Fools". At least, that's how I hear it.
« Last Edit: 2009-04-01 17:10:03 by NFITC1 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2009-04-01 17:11:47 »
An April Fools joke, eh?  :evil: The thought did cross my mind, but I assumed that an April Fools joke would have had them closing down on 1st April; 30th March was a strange choice.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #339 on: 2009-04-01 19:04:46 »
An April Fools joke, eh?  :evil: The thought did cross my mind, but I assumed that an April Fools joke would have had them closing down on 1st April; 30th March was a strange choice.

But, see? That's what makes the jokes so convincing. My wife worked at a store once where the manager pulled this nasty April Fools' prank on her and her fellow cashiers that started back on March 1st. He told them that one of them (of about 4 or 5) had been stealing money from the register and the one doing it would be caught. When it was revealed it was a joke there was a lot of confessed assumptions and hurt friendships afterward.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2009-04-01 19:54:57 »
Hmmm, assuming that manager told everyone it was just a prank on 1st April, that might count as an April Fool's joke (albeit a cheeky one), but the FileFront joke was over and done with on 31st March; I'd say that's pushing it a little.

warbaque

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2009-04-03 18:35:02 »
Announcement - FileFront has been acquired by the original founders of the site and will NOT be suspended as previously announced. This is NOT an April Fool's Joke.
FileFront has been acquired by the original founders of the site and will NOT be suspended as previously announced. This is NOT an April Fool's Joke.

After learning about Ziff Davis Media's plan to suspend FileFront at the end of March, the original founders of FileFront made the decision to buy it back from Ziff Davis Media.

We're happy to announce to the gaming community that as of today, April 1st, 2009, FileFront is a completely independent company again and is no longer part of Ziff Davis Media. All previously suspended services should be active and working again. We thank Ziff Davis Media for their cooperation and willingness to keep the site and community alive.

Due to the very unfortunate timing of this event and related announcements on March 24th and April 1st (April Fool's Day), we'd like to make it perfectly clear that:

1) The March 24th announcement about FileFront suspending its operation was NOT an early April Fool's joke.

2) This announcement about the original founders buying back FileFront from Ziff Davis Media is also NOT an April Fool's joke.

3) We're making this announcement on April 1st because the deal was completed today and we want to bring all services back online immediately.

4) We would NEVER suspend FileFront as an April Fool's joke.

5) We are happy to be back!

FileFront has existed in one form or another (originally as FileLeech and Voodoo Extreme's downloads) since 1997. In the last 12 years, FileFront has become the gaming community's most comprehensive and trafficked library hosting millions of files for thousands of games while requiring no registration and providing uncapped download speeds. We look forward to improving FileFront and serving the gaming community for years to come.

Welcome home. Game On!

Email us, [email protected]

To me this explanation seems quite believable.

Anyway, it's always nice to hear what is current status, what has been fixed/changed/added if anything. WM and Heidegger are both great tools and definitely faster than hex-editing.

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2009-04-03 20:20:06 »

zlib1.dll already in same folder with WallMarket.exe

zlib1.dll also in System32 Folder

.NET Framework already installed prior to having a program(a dsbuff final ver.) before that also required .NET Framework(In march)
proves that .NET Framework already installed.

yet this happen..

couldn t get to work.

any ideas?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #343 on: 2009-04-03 21:00:45 »

zlib1.dll already in same folder with WallMarket.exe

zlib1.dll also in System32 Folder

.NET Framework already installed prior to having a program(a dsbuff final ver.) before that also required .NET Framework(In march)
proves that .NET Framework already installed.

yet this happen..

couldn t get to work.

any ideas?

You need .NET 3.5; zlib1.dll not appearing will throw a different kind of error.

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2009-04-03 22:40:14 »
it downloaded from here the .NET framework 3.5 sp 1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&displayLang=en

then it ask to either repair or uninstall when i open  the dotnetfx35 exe

and so i did

but still its not working.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #345 on: 2009-04-04 04:43:27 »
Uninstall the 2.0, then install the 3.5. Repair is for repairing a 3.5 that is no longer working.

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2009-04-04 16:06:18 »
I must be one heck of a problem for you guys. :mrgreen:

uh...it doesnt work.

now its turning into a .NET framework troubleshooting thread..sorry...

okay more info:

in my add/remove control panel it say 3.5 already installed

in my start up thingy it says 2.0

or i interpret that wrong?

I'm aware of being a nuisance...
but uh okay one last shot at this.then if its still not working...

.... i'll continue to bug you guys..(No .j/k)

I'll just give up.(instead ill ask someone to edit the kernel for me...i just want buster sword with 8 materia slot and as powerful as ultima weapon)

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #347 on: 2009-04-04 19:14:42 »
1. Uninstall the 3.5 and then reinstall it.

2. If you continue to have problems, create a topic in the Tech support board.

3. The old version of WM (0.9.29) still exists and doesn't require the .NET framework (though it is slower and doesn't have as many features).

EDIT: Well shut my mouth. Filefront was NOT playing an April Fools joke on us. The timing was just such an almost unbelievable coincidence. This has, at least, restored some faith in them although we only have their word that it was not after the fact that everyone said that it was a bad joke... For now, I'm willing to accept this explanation as all the copyright Ziff Davis Media footers have been removed from the site. According to Jeff Mills, he and several others lost their jobs because of this. I never took the files away from filefront and now I feel bad about the things I said about them. I called it an "uncouth prank" and I apologize to anyone affected by its actual (albeit very temporary) closing. After moving things to Mediafire I knew I wouldn't like it as much as filefront and I'll probably re-update the links later.

UPDATE: Who'd like to try out the new version of WM before it modifies CharacterAI, but DOES modify all the other data in the kernel.bin2 section?
RE-UPDATE: I had planned on releasing 1.1.8 today, but I don't have all the files on one machine to do that with. Sorry. :( So, I'll do my best to be able to get it all together tomorrow morning. This new version will let you edit Character Growth, curves, scene order, random numbers, and magic order. Pretty much everything on this list with the exception of addresses 0x61C - 0xE1B. This is Character AI, which I'm still working on because the interface is still quite buggy. In fact, It's possible that I overlooked a bug in the new functions that I had come across, but I have now forgotten what it was. :( If you happen across this bug (should it exist) let me know and I'll thank you in the about box with all the other thanked people and give you a cookie (cookie may or may not have been eaten by the time the bug is reported). I DO know that it can read and write all other pieces of that KERNEL.BIN section now. I was able to read it correctly and dynamically spew it back out in the exact same order (dynamic meaning I reconstructed it, not just read and spit it back out byte-for-byte). So look forward to tomorrow when characters can be given real classes! :D I'm already planning some myself.
PS - If someone would be so kind as to bump this once 1.1.8 is released, I'd also appreciate it. ;)
« Last Edit: 2009-04-13 21:20:05 by NFITC1 »

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2009-04-14 16:39:35 »
1. Uninstall the 3.5 and then reinstall it.

2. If you continue to have problems, create a topic in the Tech support board.

3. The old version of WM (0.9.29) still exists and doesn't require the .NET framework (though it is slower and doesn't have as many features).

EDIT: Well shut my mouth. Filefront was NOT playing an April Fools joke on us. The timing was just such an almost unbelievable coincidence. This has, at least, restored some faith in them although we only have their word that it was not after the fact that everyone said that it was a bad joke... For now, I'm willing to accept this explanation as all the copyright Ziff Davis Media footers have been removed from the site. According to Jeff Mills, he and several others lost their jobs because of this. I never took the files away from filefront and now I feel bad about the things I said about them. I called it an "uncouth prank" and I apologize to anyone affected by its actual (albeit very temporary) closing. After moving things to Mediafire I knew I wouldn't like it as much as filefront and I'll probably re-update the links later.

UPDATE: Who'd like to try out the new version of WM before it modifies CharacterAI, but DOES modify all the other data in the kernel.bin2 section?
RE-UPDATE: I had planned on releasing 1.1.8 today, but I don't have all the files on one machine to do that with. Sorry. :( So, I'll do my best to be able to get it all together tomorrow morning. This new version will let you edit Character Growth, curves, scene order, random numbers, and magic order. Pretty much everything on this list with the exception of addresses 0x61C - 0xE1B. This is Character AI, which I'm still working on because the interface is still quite buggy. In fact, It's possible that I overlooked a bug in the new functions that I had come across, but I have now forgotten what it was. :( If you happen across this bug (should it exist) let me know and I'll thank you in the about box with all the other thanked people and give you a cookie (cookie may or may not have been eaten by the time the bug is reported). I DO know that it can read and write all other pieces of that KERNEL.BIN section now. I was able to read it correctly and dynamically spew it back out in the exact same order (dynamic meaning I reconstructed it, not just read and spit it back out byte-for-byte). So look forward to tomorrow when characters can be given real classes! :D I'm already planning some myself.
PS - If someone would be so kind as to bump this once 1.1.8 is released, I'd also appreciate it. ;)

I can't wait to test this and see what we can do with character classes :D

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #349 on: 2009-04-17 15:24:01 »
Well, phooey on all of you. I found two bugs including the one I forgot about.

1) Weapon "Model ID" wasn't being saved correctly at all. It was reversing the byte order. This has probably existed since version 1.0.0 and no one ever said anything about it.

2) The graph doesn't look at the initial stats like I wanted it to.

I'm fixing these right now as I type (sorta, I can't type two things at once :) ) and 1.1.8.1 will be out soon.