Author Topic: [REL] Timu Sumisu & Millenia's HQ Barret Field with HQ AM Canon  (Read 67104 times)

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
hmm.. I worked on a barret battle model before, I think I know what's causing this.. barret's battle files consists of many sets, sb**, sc**,  sd**.. one of this is used for when barret equips melee weapons, so if I'm guessing right he only edited the files on the set where barret uses a melee weapon, I'll try checking the files if I can do a simple fix on it but I wont promise anything..LoL
« Last Edit: 2012-10-11 01:42:46 by whitERaven »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
White if you do this you're my hero :D

whitERaven

• View Profile
LoL, a hero might be too much I'll try..

I'm assuming problems lies on the HQ barret with the face retex by asmodean.

checked on the file, if your download consist only of SB** files, then to use the textures on all barret model and not the melee alone do the following:

1. copy the sbac ( make three other copies)
2. rename this files to scac, sdac, & seac
3. Copy this files to your battle files to replace your barret battle textures.

Should work if your only missing the textures, If you need the whole model.. it will require more work.
you should have the original barret made by timu and millenia for this to work.
warning: don't do steps on the sbaa file, it'll mess up the animations

Do please tell me if it worked for you. It worked for me so if all conditions are right it should work
« Last Edit: 2012-10-11 04:32:12 by whitERaven »

Recko

• View Profile
yea not just the textures its the whole model.

original barret made by timu and millenia download link is down (megaupload) need i say more lol.

If you have the original could you post a download link for it with yours because i do like your changes.
(I PM Timu and he doesnt have it on hand so if you do would be grateful)

whitERaven

• View Profile
I can do that but I don't have files with me right now it'll have to wait till tomorrow,

or you can use UMI or avalanche hi-res mod, both have the HQ barret included

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
I'll check this out later and see, I have the original model by Timu.

Kyo13

• View Profile
No, the true graphic artists are Timu and Millenia. The work of Kyo13 with this AM Canon is great too of course. I've only done a few simple fixes to the model with the help of 3ds max and kimera.

No new concerning your update of my mod ? I was really appreciate changes you made. Anyway I like my models and use them... because I made them, but like I said previously, if model can be improved I agree ! And it was improved.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
It shall be cool to redo all the weapons of barret ^^

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
LoL, a hero might be too much I'll try..

I'm assuming problems lies on the HQ barret with the face retex by asmodean.

checked on the file, if your download consist only of SB** files, then to use the textures on all barret model and not the melee alone do the following:

1. copy the sbac ( make three other copies)
2. rename this files to scac, sdac, & seac
3. Copy this files to your battle files to replace your barret battle textures.

Should work if your only missing the textures, If you need the whole model.. it will require more work.
you should have the original barret made by timu and millenia for this to work.
warning: don't do steps on the sbaa file, it'll mess up the animations

Do please tell me if it worked for you. It worked for me so if all conditions are right it should work

Well, it worked for me done after bootleg 40 install. Additional files Kaldarasha advised me to add were 3 animation files included with his Unshaded Models project. They are: scda sdda seda 

I believe this will make the model function in battle correctly as long as the unshaded battle model has not been installed first, as it is more complete. Something like that, meh...

Anyway, there is still a problem with this model. I would like to know if it is feasible to solve. Status effects are displayed through the weapon instead of the model. Perhaps this has something to do with some of the missing files which are included with the Unshaded Barret? If I can square away this issue I'd like to release this model as a fixed and final Timu/Millenia/Kleyon/Asmodean HQ AM Canon Battle (yikes!) version.

Edit: Seems like adding the file sbar1 from the unshaded model solved it! The weapon still displays the status effect (poison say) but now his body does, too. That seems slightly odd, but then again, Baret's weapon is his arm technically, and when you add the fact that poison's green animation is a lil hard to see on such a dark model, it's the animation on the weapon that really makes it pop. Anyway, guess that's a wrap on this one. I'll upload it if anyone cares enough to post a request. Otherwise people can just follow the thread to fix it themselves.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-07 07:09:04 by Template »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
I believe this will make the model function in battle correctly as long as the unshaded battle model has not been installed first, as it is more complete. Something like that, meh...

It doesn't matter if my or any other model is installed before.

Edit: Seems like adding the file sbar1 from the unshaded model solved it!
:o
Really? It's a unused part of my battle model (and it should be unused by any other model, too). My plan was to restore the tattoo on his arm with this, but it doesn't work as I want.

Template

• View Profile
« Last Edit: 2013-08-14 11:53:34 by Template »

Kyo13

• View Profile
I must say I don't really understand bugs people are talking about since I don't have any using my model... Well it wasn't perfect I know it, legs could be improved... but I don't see anything else.

Anyway like I said before, and no it didn't change, you can feel free to use this model as far as you credits original authors (Timu, Millenia and eventually me for converting it to field model). Concerning Canon credits goes yo Millenia (for textures) and to me for 3D model.

That's all ! This is a modding community, sharing work must be base of it. Cause we can improve many things like this. To conclude, thanks to all of you that were interested by my model, I admit that really surprised me as it was my very first model (conversion to be exact).

Template

• View Profile
Wow, hiya Kyo!
Your field model doesn't have any bugs really, as far as I know, I think maybe he doesn't blink if that counts?

The problems were with the battle model that was refaced by Asmodean, which ended up being the only free-standing T+M Barret package people could find for a while. The animation files were not all included with it, so duplicating the files created a bug.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
Think there can be an update to your Field model download link? It seems Mediafire took it down. And I would like to get the barret files for the field.