Author Topic: Random Links  (Read 107972 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Random Links
« Reply #225 on: 2015-12-31 04:34:31 »
"When I was 12, I used to sit in my dad's garden the air full of the smell of orange blossoms watching the sky, dreaming of faraway places. Back then, I think I believed in just about everything, but now, I don't know. I do think there are some things we don't understand. If we went back in time 1000 years and tried to explain this place to people they could only accept it in terms of magic."

"Then perhaps it is magic. The magic of the human heart. Focused and made manifest by technology. Every day you here create greater miracles than the burning bush."

"But God was there first and he didn't need solar batteries and a fusion reactor to do it."

"Perhaps. Perhaps not. It is within that ambiguity that my brothers and I exist. We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons, and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ. And we know many things."

"Such as?"

"The true secrets. The important things. Fourteen words to make someone fall in love with you forever. Seven words to make them go without pain. How to say goodbye to a friend who is dying. How to be poor. How to be rich. How to rediscover dreams when the world has stolen them from you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjToVZTqCbw
« Last Edit: 2015-12-31 04:38:14 by DLPB »

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2016-01-03 12:40:10 »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2016-01-04 01:39:22 »
Found this in a comment in the reddit /final fantasy.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/915/882/a38.png

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2016-01-04 11:11:47 »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2016-01-04 15:54:31 »
Unlike the liberal West, they're not as dumb as a bunch of rocks.

It's not that they are dumb, they know exactly what they are doing. Some people are just clueless followers sure, but others are deliberately or subconciously malicious.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-04 16:37:12 by olearyf2525 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2016-01-04 19:16:24 »
It's not that they are dumb, they know exactly what they are doing. Some people are just clueless followers sure, but others are deliberately or subconciously malicious.

I agree.  I do think there are a LOT of naive fools in government - and the voters... well, they're useless.  But there are also some higher ups who are either doing it on purpose, or simply don't care because none of their insanity will impact on them. Merkel, for example, is either completely insane, exceptionally stupid, or an extremely evil woman. Or a combination.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-04 19:18:04 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2016-01-04 20:17:25 »
Merkel, for example, is either completely insane, exceptionally stupid, or an extremely evil woman. Or a combination.

Well now you metioned it she seems to be a true German.  :evil:
And I didn't liked her from the start ...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2016-01-04 20:41:32 »
She has done Europe a favour, inadvertently.  Her disastrous open border policy and plea for millions of "Syrians" to come join Europe has completely ended the European project. The EU is dead, and about time too.  The downside is the lasting effects this will have on ordinary people - already 130 people slaughtered in Paris (at least one of them was carrying fake Syrian passport.  And the multicultural policy is also the EU), rape epidemics that go unreported, and increase in crime from the new arrivals.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-04 20:43:51 by DLPB »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2016-01-05 03:43:25 »
I agree.  I do think there are a LOT of naive fools in government - and the voters... well, they're useless.  But there are also some higher ups who are either doing it on purpose, or simply don't care because none of their insanity will impact on them. Merkel, for example, is either completely insane, exceptionally stupid, or an extremely evil woman. Or a combination.

She's a childless "former" communist hag. You are right.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2016-01-05 16:14:50 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2016-01-06 00:50:13 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35239503

That's what happens.  And Obama wants to import it to America too.  Demented leftist that he is.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-06 09:29:53 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2016-01-06 01:46:25 »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2016-01-09 19:34:05 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35239503

That's what happens.  And Obama wants to import it to America too.  Demented leftist that he is.

A little girl in France was raped by them a few months back, same with a girl in a park in Germany, they've also been raping the few women in their own camps. Of course Sweeden now is the rape capital of the world, having more rapes than even any African countries. Of course they only make it to the local news, you can only find this stuff out via the internet.The press tries to cover up this stuff along with the government. Then there was a massive amount of them who went to a park and started fondling the passerby's. I try to stop following the news, it just makes you angry and depressed that the world is comprised of idiots and the people who support them, but sometimes when I find this stuff out, there's only one conclusion you can come to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idsxgLjGXGI
« Last Edit: 2016-01-09 21:55:40 by olearyf2525 »

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2016-01-09 21:35:16 »
A little girl in France was raped by them a few months back, same with a girl in a park in Germany, they've also been raping the few women in their own camps. off course Sweeden now is the rape capital of the world, having more rapes than even any African countires. off course they only make it to the local news, you can only find this stuff out via the internet.The press tries to cover up this stuff along with the government. Then there was a massive amount of them who went to a park and started fondling the passerby's. I try to stop following the news, it just makes you angry and depressed that the world is comprised of idiots and the people who support them, but sometimes when I find this stuff out, there's only one conclusion you can come to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idsxgLjGXGI

+1, this is so sad. Even after all they see, there are still people holding "welcome refugees" signs. That makes me so angry.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2016-01-09 23:57:45 »
Yeah, I know all about Sweden, sadly.  Ex girlfriend (still good friends with her) is from Sweden, and they're so brainwashed it's incredible.  An awful lot of them literally have no idea what they've done by continually voting with heart over brain. They're all ultra feminist - ultra leftist and VERY naive.  In fact, when I recently presented the Paris massacre and German rape spree to her, and asked her why it was a good thing to allow uncontrolled migration, she stated that it's our duty to help people "fleeing war" [which most of them are not, since we now know most aren't even from Syria].

In other words, as long as she and her fellow sympathizers feel good about themselves, the mass rape and murder is an acceptable trade-off.  I told her that her view is dangerous and ridiculous.  But I guess until it's her or her mates being chased down the street, their conditioning will hold strong.

The conditioning for some is so strong that they won't even watch any videos or read any articles that you link to. They just don't want to confront it.  Like the governments, they're dooming us all.  It's 1930s all over again.  Zero hour with a little appeasing idiot running around with a white piece of paper telling us that the shark doesn't really want to eat us. 

I don't know which is scarier - the fact Islam has been killing and conquering for 1400 years or the fact the West hasn't learned a damn thing from appeasing Hitler and is doing it all over again. I guess it really boils down to the same thing - the human race isn't as fantastic as we've been told. It's continually at the mercy of the under-educated, which make up the majority.

If you want to see why Star Trek's liberalism doesn't work in the long run - look at Sweden.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-10 00:06:58 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2016-01-10 00:29:16 »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12090388/Europe-in-crisis-over-sex-attacks-by-migrants-amid-calls-for-emergency-EU-meeting.html

As I said, though.  Evil Merkel has ended the EU - so that's a positive.

Belgium’s immigration minister tried to calm popular fears over the sex attacks by ordering new migrants to face mandatory “respect for women” courses.

Come on, laugh with me. It wouldn't be out of place in a political comedy.

You'll have to ignore the Telegraph's subtle pro-Europe bias, though.  You can feel it in the article.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-10 00:33:03 by DLPB »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2016-01-10 19:07:54 »
+1, this is so sad. Even after all they see, there are still people holding "welcome refugees" signs. That makes me so angry.
You know that saying things have to get worse before they can get better? That's the truth, the problem is we live in such a time where if things get worse they could get really bad, because of so many people dependent on the government in one way or another, really they are setting up the world for either World War 3 or a world of Communist/Capitalist slavery and slums and mindless consumers kinda like how Brazil is. They want one globalist world that's easy to control, one people without religion or race, or family, or any bonds which could bind them together and pose a threat to this "new world order". I know a lot of people say this but it's something right out of 1984. That's what it feels like. It's not a conspiracy theory either, the conspiracy has been here, you can only say something is a conspiracy theory when there is no proof or when the opposite side is denying it, the people at the top haven't even been trying to hide their agenda for two decades at least.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-10 19:30:26 by olearyf2525 »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2016-01-10 19:17:25 »
I don't know which is scarier - the fact Islam has been killing and conquering for 1400 years or the fact the West hasn't learned a damn thing from appeasing Hitler and is doing it all over again. I guess it really boils down to the same thing - the human race isn't as fantastic as we've been told. It's continually at the mercy of the under-educated, which make up the majority.

If you want to see why Star Trek's liberalism doesn't work in the long run - look at Sweden.

Edit: I keep typing off course, and it changes it to "off" automatically after i hit save. No idea why.

You know real life kinda mirrors Final Fantasy 7 in some ways now that I think about it, a mega corporation dominates the policies of the world in the game, like how the Federal Reserve and the International Member banks dominate our world, the traditionalist society of Wutai which tried to fight back got taken out even though they fought valiantly and nearly won using inferior technology. The planet is being severely damaged, and threatened with possible annihilation in the form of nuclear "weapons". I wonder if whoever wrote the script intended these parallels. Maybe they saw the decay of Japanese society into soulless capitalism which can only lead to the even worse Communist societies we are now transitioning into. I hate Marx as a person and as a political thinker but I think he was right that Capitalism creates the necessary conditions to bring about Communism. Capitalism would work in a perfect world where people followed the golden rule and were kind to eachother or with some controls but it's the corporations who control the government and the people who are afraid of the government when it should be the other way around, the government should control corporations and the government should be afraid of the people it governs!
« Last Edit: 2016-01-10 21:42:01 by olearyf2525 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2016-01-11 03:07:33 »
Well, the elite will lose in the end.  The only way they could be successful in turning so many humans into slaves is to poke around with genetics.  And I'm not even sure how viable that would be.  We're already seeing in Germany and France that the population is pushing back.  Sooner or later a flashpoint will occur, and Merkel et al will be at the end of a noose or fleeing for the lives. Nope nope nope. ~Vgr
« Last Edit: 2016-01-11 11:14:35 by Vgr »

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2016-01-11 11:12:50 »
<snip>

What the actual fern
« Last Edit: 2016-01-11 11:16:02 by -Ric- »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2016-01-11 11:42:41 »
Unfortunately, the powers that be on this forum (actually one moderator in particular, I'd wager) think that wishing someone was dead is illegal - it most certainly is not.  It is illegal to incite murder, or say you yourself are going to commit a crime, but not to say you'll be happy if something does happen to a person (in this case, a particular politician).  How many posts around the net expressed a wish that Saddam or Bin Laden would die?  I bet I can find you a post from this very site. We've descended around these parts into telling people what to think and moderating based on a flimsy understanding of law. If you want that to be the case, at least place it in the rules.  The edited piece from above was not illegal in the slightest, and editing it is just stupid.

@vgr, editing and moderating for the sake of boredom is not the job description.  If the mods around here want to conjure up some special rules, I'll be fine obeying them.  But nothing I wrote above was against rules or illegal.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-11 11:48:34 by DLPB »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2016-01-11 11:52:21 »
If you wish to discuss my decisions, please do so in a PM to the admins. I will have no problem admitting my errors if the admins state I made one. Right now it's my opinion against yours, and neither is worth more than the other.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2016-01-11 11:55:30 »
Well, that's all fine and dandy but you've already left

Nope nope nope. ~Vgr

Which then gives the impression I have said something totally illegal. I'd much prefer it if the part was removed and then just notify the reason on the forum, so others can know.  But it's a bit too late for debates about whether it was fine or not because what I said has now been removed.

I don't want to debate this any further.  If something is removed, at least put up a reason.  But maybe you should discuss decisions with the other mods before removing someone's post? Having one person just deciding if someone's opinion is okay isn't the best way to go unless you're the admin.  But if this carries on, I'll just stop bothering because, let's face it, this is a game forum.

If you want opinions, have them.  If you don't - remove this entire section.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-11 11:58:09 by DLPB »

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2016-01-11 11:57:20 »
Unfortunately, the powers that be on this forum (actually one moderator in particular, I'd wager) think that wishing someone was dead is illegal - it most certainly is not.  It is illegal to incite murder, or say you yourself are going to commit a crime, but not to say you'll be happy if something does happen to a person (in this case, a particular politician).  How many posts around the net expressed a wish that Saddam or Bin Laden would die?  I bet I can find you a post from this very site. We've descended around these parts into telling people what to think and moderating based on a flimsy understanding of law. If you want that to be the case, at least place it in the rules.  The edited piece from above was not illegal in the slightest, and editing it is just stupid.

@vgr, editing and moderating for the sake of boredom is not the job description.  If the mods around here want to conjure up some special rules, I'll be fine obeying them.  But nothing I wrote above was against rules or illegal.

How about common sense? It's not about being legal or illegal, it's more about the fact that this surely isn't the appropriate place for such pathetic hate comments. People come here for fun, to look for gaming mods and to discuss Final Fantasy games (and other stuff in general). You spill whatever diarrhea your brain can come out with regardless if it offends or bothers anyone else here, you show no respect towards anyone or anything that doesn't match your own views and you are shocked that a moderator would delete a phrase where you wish death upon someone. You're a sad, grumpy and toxic being.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2016-01-11 11:58:39 »
How about common sense? It's not about being legal or illegal,

So it's really about whether you agree with it or not.  Ok.  Gotcha.