Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837498 times)

el_pitu

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7850 on: 2019-05-23 00:00:36 »
Hi, amazing mod I have been loving it so far but now I have a problem, my game gets stuck in the middle of the fight after the monster sneeze(?) in the last fight of the train when you are with Cid trying to stop the train about to crash in North Corel, I have the last version installed(May 19th) and no other intrusive mods besides backgrounds and battle models for the main characters.

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: 2019-05-23 00:07:03 »
Really enjoying the mod so far. It's great! My only critique is some of the bosses seem to have very set ways of
defeating them. This can make them more a puzzle but leaves little room for error and as I progress through the game it's common that I lose immidietely
then have to min-max my party to just about scrape by on a reload. This makes it challenging but feels that I am sometimes cheesing it.

BUG

Not sure if this has been reported yet but..

Aeris' field model with working can appear after leaving Holzoff's cabin.

How to replicate.

Enter Holzoff's cabin for the first time. Talk to him as you do. When you leave all the party should be
outside preparing to climb the mountain. Aeris is not visible at this point. Speaking to a party member and saying
'Yes' to change party member then cancelling it makes Aeris appear.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: 2019-05-23 00:07:08 »
Since updating to 1.5, I'm having an issue with Cloud where he's permanently considered rank 1/8, so he's just indefinitely ranking up. All his stats are nearly maxed now.

https://i.imgur.com/W23nQZL.png

I'll sort that out just now.

Hi, amazing mod I have been loving it so far but now I have a problem, my game gets stuck in the middle of the fight after the monster sneeze(?) in the last fight of the train when you are with Cid trying to stop the train about to crash in North Corel, I have the last version installed(May 19th) and no other intrusive mods besides backgrounds and battle models for the main characters.

The last fight of the corel train should be a shinra soldier with a gun-arm (based on Dyne). You said monster, is a different enemy showing up?

Really enjoying the mod so far. It's great! My only critique is some of the bosses seem to have very set ways of
defeating them. This can make them more a puzzle but leaves little room for error and as I progress through the game it's common that I lose immidietely
then have to min-max my party to just about scrape by on a reload. This makes it challenging but feels that I am sometimes cheesing it.

BUG

Not sure if this has been reported yet but..

Aeris' field model with working can appear after leaving Holzoff's cabin.

How to replicate.

Enter Holzoff's cabin for the first time. Talk to him as you do. When you leave all the party should be
outside preparing to climb the mountain. Aeris is not visible at this point. Speaking to a party member and saying
'Yes' to change party member then cancelling it makes Aeris appear.

I'll check Aeris' scripts there.

As for bosses, are you getting the right amount of sources for your characters? There was an issue where the .exe wasn't getting patched to give a 1:5 ratio on sources, leaving players with characters that were 1/5 of the stats they were supposed to have. Could you tell me what Cloud's stats currently are and what rank he's at?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-23 00:34:08 by Sega Chief »

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: 2019-05-23 00:30:14 »
Could you tell me what Cloud's stats currently are and what rank he's at?

I cheated some stats with Black Chocobo once the game got a bit hard so I don't want to give you false info..

Would it be possible to see if my EXE is broke by looking seeing how many sources Mr. Smiley gives in the item menu?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: 2019-05-23 00:33:38 »
I cheated some stats with Black Chocobo once the game got a bit hard so I don't want to give you false info..

Would it be possible to see if my EXE is broke by looking seeing how many sources Mr. Smiley gives in the item menu?

Best way to check is take note of stats, use 1 source, and then check if stat went up by 1 or by 5.

Edit:
New installer/IRO is up. Fixed the rank problem with Cloud (debug line I left in), and Aeris shouldn't show up at holzoff house if mortally impaired.

Biggest thing though, IRO now contains a hext function which should make the manual copying of .exes into FF7 folder no longer necessary. Just use the base ones FF7 7H provides.

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: 2019-05-23 00:42:39 »
Biggest thing though, IRO now contains a hext function which should make the manual copying of .exes into FF7 folder no longer necessary. Just use the base ones FF7 7H provides.

I am confused. I've updated to the May 23rd IRO (just now). It comes with a few EXEs. I don't ever recall overwriting the game EXE. NT mod seems to work without it. Should I(/have) overwritten the game EXE?

EDIT: ^ nevermind i should have, serves me right for glancing over the ../documentation/readme
EDIT2: Looking at the source points allocated on black chocobo cloud (lv 51) has had 13 sources used on him and his total strength is 64 (55+12-3=64).

Also if I understand correctly the new patch notes say sources now provide 1 stat point instead of 5?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-23 00:58:48 by nordita »

marcsafrin

• View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: 2019-05-23 01:13:02 »
If it's still giving x5 per use, then your exe files need to be changed out. Check the IRO folder for the new ones, but the regular installer should have overwritten them with the new ones. Which install method did you use?

thanks for the quick reply sega!

I used the regular installer,even with the new links still the same.tried replacing the exe somehow it became even worse.crashed when battle starts and materia stats were crazy  ::) haha

Reidlos

• View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: 2019-05-23 04:36:24 »
Does this work with "The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul? if so what order?  I am testing right now and not getting the new game notice that explains clouds unique stuff but the menu is better. going to swap and see but wanted to put this out here

Also useing Remako 1.0 which just came out, not sure where those will fall too

trueshaggy2

• View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: 2019-05-23 06:09:54 »
[/img][/img]
Doesn't sound right, also the weapon formula isn't applied to the limits they typically use a physical formula. Could you post your stats cause I suspect you've had less sources than intended.

Cloud:
str 178
dex 86
vit 126
mag 52
spr 60
Luck 94

Atk 228
Atk% 100
Def 171
Def% 28
Mag Atk 52
Mag Def 66
Mag Def% 2

Level 99

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7859 on: 2019-05-23 08:15:50 »
Does this work with "The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul? if so what order?  I am testing right now and not getting the new game notice that explains clouds unique stuff but the menu is better. going to swap and see but wanted to put this out here

Works with MO, but not Beacause.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7860 on: 2019-05-23 08:17:26 »
I am confused. I've updated to the May 23rd IRO (just now). It comes with a few EXEs. I don't ever recall overwriting the game EXE. NT mod seems to work without it. Should I(/have) overwritten the game EXE?

EDIT: ^ nevermind i should have, serves me right for glancing over the ../documentation/readme
EDIT2: Looking at the source points allocated on black chocobo cloud (lv 51) has had 13 sources used on him and his total strength is 64 (55+12-3=64).

Also if I understand correctly the new patch notes say sources now provide 1 stat point instead of 5?

Sources now give the old 'one use, one point' formula as relying on a 1:5 hack in the .EXE has proven very problematic if the .exe patch fails. So instead of being given 1, 2, or 3 sources you'll get 5, 10, and 15 respectively. Means having to mash confirm a bit more to get them all used up, but it's better than having a player miss out on their intended stats and run into serious trouble later on. Problem is that the mod works fine either with a default .exe or the NT-adjusted one which has made it tougher for a player to spot when it's not patched (compared to other files where a default one sneaking in would likely break the mod).

Based on stats you've posted, your characters have been getting +1 from sources instead of +5. To fix, simply multiply the Source value in each character's stats using black chocobo and you'll be good to go.

thanks for the quick reply sega!

I used the regular installer,even with the new links still the same.tried replacing the exe somehow it became even worse.crashed when battle starts and materia stats were crazy  ::) haha

The new IRO has a hext function so you should try using the default .exes that 7H provides.

I think NT can be used with menu overhaul so long as you use the ff7_bc.exe. Beacause itself (the translation) is currently incompatible; NT does have a text write-up/clean-up but it's not a re-translation.

[/img][/img]
Cloud:
str 178
dex 86
vit 126
mag 52
spr 60
Luck 94

Atk 228
Atk% 100
Def 171
Def% 28
Mag Atk 52
Mag Def 66
Mag Def% 2

Level 99

Your stats are definitely correct. I'll check Omnislash over when I get home from work, but it seems unusual to be hitting 1-3 damage per hit.

CelzYosef

• View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: 2019-05-23 11:36:53 »
That is not The Reunion mod. I assume you think it is because Trooper posted a comment in the video saying it was. Trooper is wrong.

Thank you! You are right, I assumed it because of that Trooper guy. Do you know what the mod is actually called? It looks gorgeous.

el_pitu

• View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: 2019-05-23 13:20:37 »
The last fight of the corel train should be a shinra soldier with a gun-arm (based on Dyne). You said monster, is a different enemy showing up?
Ok nevermind! problem solved, apparently I had some battle model in my direct folder conflicting with it, instead of the dyne-soldier I had a Shinra dog, now I just need to find what model was causing the issues and delete it, thanks for your time and for this amazing mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: 2019-05-23 16:02:06 »
The Dyne soldier's filenames are SNAA-SNDA, the first non-default name (Chaos is the last model of the default battle.lgp, and has filenames of SMAA-SMDA) and if I recall correctly the first new enemy in Gjoerulv's hardcore mod is a dog which probably has filenames of SNAA-SNDA as well; check for those in your direct folder.

el_pitu

• View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: 2019-05-23 16:24:16 »
The Dyne soldier's filenames are SNAA-SNDA, the first non-default name (Chaos is the last model of the default battle.lgp, and has filenames of SMAA-SMDA) and if I recall correctly the first new enemy in Gjoerulv's hardcore mod is a dog which probably has filenames of SNAA-SNDA as well; check for those in your direct folder.
yup my SNAA was a damn yellow dog for some reason, fixed now!   :-D

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: 2019-05-23 17:02:28 »
Bug

...very minor

Problem: Cait Sith dialogue appears below the highwind scene during the Junon escape even if he isn't in the party

Replicate: After Barret and Cait Sith leave the press room and head to the save point on the road with reporter yuffie. You can use the
save point to PHS Cait Sith out of the party. When you arrive on the scene below the highwind (before the
Spoiler: show
robo scorpion fight
) - Cait Sith's dialogue plays as if he is still in the party.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: 2019-05-23 18:51:46 »
I'm starting to hate myself for this u.u I really feel bad since it's such a little issue since it affects nothing to the gameplay and mechanics changes, nor does it affect the other models of this boss. I really don't wanna come out as a nitpicking brat, just wanting to inform you, Chief: the first battle against Guardian Scorpion has the vanilla colors of the boss, I checked and it seems to be the only boss battle affected

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: 2019-05-23 20:18:46 »
Bug?

Just got the highwind. Flew to the temple of the ancients for the hell of it. There's a random cait sith on the far right of the pit.  :o

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: 2019-05-23 20:41:55 »
Bug

...very minor

Problem: Cait Sith dialogue appears below the highwind scene during the Junon escape even if he isn't in the party

Replicate: After Barret and Cait Sith leave the press room and head to the save point on the road with reporter yuffie. You can use the
save point to PHS Cait Sith out of the party. When you arrive on the scene below the highwind (before the
Spoiler: show
robo scorpion fight
) - Cait Sith's dialogue plays as if he is still in the party.

Ah, that PHS is dangerous. It was supposed to be removed because it can break the scene if you reload from the save point on the way to the airport. Those scenes are intended to play with Cait, Barret, and Yuffie being the active characters and no swap possible (which is why it plays the dialogue statically instead of dynamically based on who is in party).

I'm starting to hate myself for this u.u I really feel bad since it's such a little issue since it affects nothing to the gameplay and mechanics changes, nor does it affect the other models of this boss. I really don't wanna come out as a nitpicking brat, just wanting to inform you, Chief: the first battle against Guardian Scorpion has the vanilla colors of the boss, I checked and it seems to be the only boss battle affected

I forgot my precious Guard Scorpion s:

Bug?

Just got the highwind. Flew to the temple of the ancients for the hell of it. There's a random cait sith on the far right of the pit.  :o

You can trigger that early? There was no scene or anything? That place is where Cait gets an item from a boss to make his ultimate weapon with (no Lv.4 Limit like the other characters would get, as he doesn't have one). It's intended to be Disc 3 only.

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: 2019-05-23 21:13:57 »
You can trigger that early? There was no scene or anything?

No cut scene. Just a cait sith halfway down the pit on the right side. No interactions at all. I got the highwind and then went to play the video tape in the icicle town labratory just before that. Probably can replicate it just after getting the highwind.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-23 21:34:53 by nordita »

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: 2019-05-23 23:24:33 »
I have a question to the damage formular. I am certain you changed it. Its not more like in vanilla. It looks likes the level of the attacker / caster is not important in New Threat and the defense and mag defence stats gained a buff in the calculation since it seems they decrease the damage more as they should. Could you explain the new damage formular?

By the way i can confirm,  the mod now works with the standard .exe and now i can finally use the 9999 break mod from Reunion R03e Mod :) Well done. I just need to enable Menu Overhaul on top, otherwise the displayed life numbers looks weird (and use the ff7_mo.exe instead the normal one). But after testing it with Black Chocobo Edit, i found out even with 255 atk / mag and with ultimate weapon and bahamut Zero you dont reach 9999+. You need Criticals or Limits or another something special.

« Last Edit: 2019-05-23 23:31:45 by LeOsTyLe »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: 2019-05-24 00:28:32 »
By the way i can confirm,  the mod now works with the standard .exe and now i can finally use the 9999 break mod from Reunion R03e Mod :) Well done. I just need to enable Menu Overhaul on top, otherwise the displayed life numbers looks weird (and use the ff7_mo.exe instead the normal one). But after testing it with Black Chocobo Edit, i found out even with 255 atk / mag and with ultimate weapon and bahamut Zero you dont reach 9999+. You need Criticals or Limits or another something special.

Don't use mo_.exe at all, it has wrong equip effects applied to the .exe regarding materia. Use bc_.exe instead.

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: 2019-05-24 01:15:32 »
Was Time Flare reverted back to Dragon Force?
I've been trying to get it from the Gaea Dragon but it only counter attack limits with Dragon Force. I'm on the latest version.

Edit: Sega chief already answered on discord, and yes it was changed. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2019-05-24 07:37:15 by kamekaz3 »

trueshaggy2

• View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: 2019-05-24 05:36:25 »
Your stats are definitely correct. I'll check Omnislash over when I get home from work, but it seems unusual to be hitting 1-3 damage per hit.
[/quote]

Is there any chance that there's nothing wrong and I am misunderstanding something? Because Omnislash works fine against normal enemies, even the Golden Tonberries. It just does almost no damage against Absolute Jenova, Bizarro, even the behemoths toward the bottom of the Northern Cave. I assumed you did that intentionally, but apparently not lol. I'm most confused that Omnislash did 1 damager per hit with the Ragnarock, and then with Ultima Weapon it does 3 damage per hit. Very bizarre :D hope you're well, Sega!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: 2019-05-24 08:26:05 »
No cut scene. Just a cait sith halfway down the pit on the right side. No interactions at all. I got the highwind and then went to play the video tape in the icicle town labratory just before that. Probably can replicate it just after getting the highwind.

I'll check the script, seems odd that it can be triggered that way. Old testing routine maybe?

I have a question to the damage formular. I am certain you changed it. Its not more like in vanilla. It looks likes the level of the attacker / caster is not important in New Threat and the defense and mag defence stats gained a buff in the calculation since it seems they decrease the damage more as they should. Could you explain the new damage formular?

In the character AI, defence stats get doubled and Level is checked for whether it is above or equal to 44; if it is, then the character's level gets adjusted to help hold back physical damage. There's a tipping point where physical damage begins to exponentially grow as your level gets higher, leaving Magic behind.

Is there any chance that there's nothing wrong and I am misunderstanding something? Because Omnislash works fine against normal enemies, even the Golden Tonberries. It just does almost no damage against Absolute Jenova, Bizarro, even the behemoths toward the bottom of the Northern Cave. I assumed you did that intentionally, but apparently not lol. I'm most confused that Omnislash did 1 damager per hit with the Ragnarock, and then with Ultima Weapon it does 3 damage per hit. Very bizarre :D hope you're well, Sega!

I'll check the base power when I get back from work. Sounds like it's too low. Some of the other Lv.4 Limits ignore defence so maybe that would be something to put on it.