Author Topic: FF7 PSX Motorcycle game 3d models  (Read 5322 times)

meesbaker

• View Profile
FF7 PSX Motorcycle game 3d models
« on: 2014-10-20 14:48:39 »
UPDATE:
I found Cloud's model used during the bike minigame. It is contained in field file 103, that's blackbgb. The model is only used in that field though, a copy used for the minigame is contained in H_Kawai.BIN at 0x1b58-0x2d2f
« Last Edit: 2014-10-21 21:49:45 by meesbaker »

Jeet

• View Profile
Re: FF7 PSX Motorcycle game 3d models
« Reply #1 on: 2014-10-21 13:09:18 »
Thats intersting, did you tried to swap the parts with standar field parts? I know the quality of the cloud is very poor in this minigame, would be nice to change it to his chibi standar field model

Do you think the 3D model of snowboard game is located in a field too? this one look very similar to cloud's field model, i scanned the mini games files with the value of cloud's field model and never found anything so he must be on a field file too.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-10-21 13:21:30 »
I have it, the model for the bike minigame is contained in H_Kawai.BIN!!!

Yeahhhh I made a new discovery, it starts at 1b58 :) :)

Soon Seph patches will have Seph on the bike ;)

@Jeet No, the model from blackbgb can only be used to track it down as I did. I suppose the snowboard model will have similiar RGBs so I'll find that soon as well ;)
« Last Edit: 2014-10-21 15:33:21 by meesbaker »

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-10-21 15:35:25 »
First progress, the head is hard to replace:

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-10-22 18:42:20 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:38:56 by dkma841 »

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-10-23 00:28:40 »
I'm workin on it but it's harder than I expected. By now all I can do is recolor because those models are so super low detail that putting a single bcx part exceeds its size by a mile. The good thing is that the format is the same so it is definately possible.

I just have to find the offsets related to this model in that file and fix the other offsets that are affected by making this model larger. If this causes memory issues I must also increase other pointers just like in Field. I succeeded in field so it will work here as well sooner or later. I still could not locate the Snowboard model though, I start to believe that's on the backside of the disc :D

Until then, all I could provide is a Cloud with black shirt n silver hair on the bike. Better than nothing but I hope it gets better. Funny is that despite being super low quality these models have an insane amount of RGBs. For Cloud's field model his whole body is 614977 but this bike model has like 30 different violet tones which is super annoying.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-10-23 12:17:50 »
The motorcycle models look like fort condor's, very low quality compared to field's, but i think recoloring cloud could be a good first step, then the only model missing will be the snowboard, i remember that the very first sephiroth patch ( for pc) wasnt able to located the snowboard field model too, thats sad because i think thats the best mini game in GS

Have u tried to swap cloud's model with the shinra's soldier from the minigame? and recolored the armor in black and silver, i think that could be more realistic than a recolored cloud, so we wont see cloud's haircut

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-10-23 14:24:19 »
They don't have it on PC? Sheesh, it DOES come out of nowhere. That Shinra swap btw is a superb idea, I'll try that ;)

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-10-24 13:05:13 »
I dunno if PC modders success it now, but the last time i tried scorpicus sephiroth patch on PC ( many years ago now) he said he couldnt locate the snowboard field model, same for lazy bastard told me that the snowboard was a real problem for a lot of people :/  , its really weird because the model look exactly like cloud's field model

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-10-24 15:24:44 »
May be hardwired I also still got nothing.