Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079209 times)

Kashmir

• View Profile
gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #50 on: 2007-08-19 07:51:46 »
Everyone likes to play their own way but the way i view it if its hardcore there shoudln't be any unlimited sources to make all characters exact carbon copies.
Thats why i said leave it till disk 3, on disk 3 you start off in the cave & most people just go straight down... that way you would have the choice for those who want to go searching the world for more source's, for those people not to have to waste so much time doing it. But i dont think its possible anyway, i dont think there is any disk 3 exclusive monsters to fight out on the world map.

edit:
I restarted the game from the start (because i deleted my save game by accident :( ). The balance is much better, and i noticed that there seemed to be alot more use of status effects which was excellent.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-20 06:29:38 by Kashmir »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #51 on: 2007-08-20 08:50:02 »
Everyone likes to play their own way but the way i view it if its hardcore there shoudln't be any unlimited sources to make all characters exact carbon copies.
Thats why i said leave it till disk 3, on disk 3 you start off in the cave & most people just go straight down... that way you would have the choice for those who want to go searching the world for more source's, for those people not to have to waste so much time doing it. But i dont think its possible anyway, i dont think there is any disk 3 exclusive monsters to fight out on the world map.

It isn't possible to make the game read from different scenes only on disc 3. To make this wish come true you'd have to make that possible, which means alter the game engine (I believe  :-P). The only possible option here would be to add source drops to those monsters in the final cave. Does that sound appealing?

I restarted the game from the start (because i deleted my save game by accident :( ). The balance is much better, and i noticed that there seemed to be alot more use of status effects which was excellent.

Why thank you  :-D. v0.7.1 is just re-edited to the end of 1st continent+boat. currently I'm done editing 'til the end of the Pagoda tower. Oh look at the time. Gotta go  :-D :-D

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007-08-20 10:41:26 »
Does that sound appealing?
Yeah. Try it... IMO i think its okay.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #53 on: 2007-08-20 17:58:14 »
I like the idea of some "impossible" encounters at low levels (Sense may get some uses), but without "normal" encounter it would be incredibly hard to level up ^_^'

There are places which are easy to level up without too much effort. :-P

Can you tell me where are located the AIs for monsters? I read Terence's Enemy Mechanics FAQ, and most of the AI codes there seemed quite simple. It was probably a simplified pseudo-code, but the original code should be very similar... or not? As long as there is a way to make it human-readable (not hex or binary or whatever) I may look into it.

The AI for each monsters are in the scene files separately I believe. My guess is after the attack section (which is --if I remember correctly-- 24x28 bytes). I dunno how long the AI is, 'cause I haven't even checked yet. :-P

If you, or anyone, could give me some info on it, it would be cool. But I don't think I would edit it too much if possible. Perhaps just some bosses.

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007-08-21 07:04:59 »
The four slots armor adds +18 strength, that shouldn't do that. The player isn't informed that it happens, i only figured it out by accident... if you want it to add to strength, make it add to attack instead. or remove it completely as the four slots is for mage's not fighters.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #55 on: 2007-08-21 14:24:37 »
The four slots armor adds +18 strength, that shouldn't do that. The player isn't informed that it happens, i only figured it out by accident... if you want it to add to strength, make it add to attack instead. or remove it completely as the four slots is for mage's not fighters.

And fixed!!  :-D :-D :-D

Thanks for letting me know!!

Btw Str adds to Attack in case you didn't know.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-21 14:26:16 by gjoerulv »

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007-08-21 14:49:39 »
Btw Str adds to Attack in case you didn't know.
Thats why i said if it was intentional then to add it to the attack instead, because that way the player would be able to see its effect before equipping the item.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #57 on: 2007-08-21 19:06:05 »
It's impossible to add attack to an armour. Not in the kernel at least. But the + to str was a mistake. Thank you for noticing!!  :-D And, as you may know, every armour adds to Spirit as it would to MDef. Thats because of the MDef bug in the game. In the normal version the shown MDef bonus on the equipment wouldn't add any MDef. But now it does. Not by adding MDef, but by adding Spirit. Which is the same as MDef. Think I mentioned this in the 1st post.

Again, any feedback is good feedback!!  :-D

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007-08-28 22:08:11 »
Sorry if this has been said already, but I am busy, and don't have the time to read the entire thread.

When using this, the saves cannot be edited with JENOVA.

I haven't tried any other save editors.

Sorry.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #59 on: 2007-08-29 11:08:12 »
Hmmmm... Jenova works for me... Are you sure it's this mod that causes it? Do you have the newest official patch, v1.02? What is the exact problem? You know the older version of Jenova had a stat problem...

Try creating a new game, save, and then try it. If it really is this mod that causes it then I don't know why. You could try mailing me your saves so i can check them on my computer...

On a sidenote. This HUUUUGE project is finally done (v1.0). I'm yet to test it through, but I don't expect any bugs. It's available for dl as we speak.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-29 11:10:32 by gjoerulv »

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007-08-29 12:15:36 »
Sounds good, im currently at that fort with the huge bird on it.

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007-08-30 06:28:00 »
So i'm wondering if the normal enimies got their attack properties edited or is it just bosses now.   

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007-08-30 08:21:53 »
So i'm wondering if the normal enimies got their attack properties edited or is it just bosses now.   
Everything is modified from what i have seen.

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007-08-30 08:37:57 »
So more normal enimies are causing confusions, blind, poison, beserk, petrify, blind parylize and so on?   I'm not talking the stats of enimes.   Cause thats the easy part.

Edit: Well i must say,   your hacks got some impressive stuff now that i got to mess with it alittle.   But the scene files are messed up in the ancient temple area and onward it seems.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-30 09:19:41 by ARMs »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #64 on: 2007-08-30 09:34:23 »
Damn really?! It was fine in the final cave. Sigh, bug hunting again I guess....

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007-08-30 09:37:27 »
yeah but maybe its because i was doing it on the psx emulator.   Maybe it works fine for the PC version.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #66 on: 2007-08-30 11:53:13 »
No it was a bug! Thank you for finding out! But it fixed now! It's that damn pagoda tower that screw things up. I had to remove everything I edited in hex in Nibelheim, wutai mouintain + pagoda tower. It really wasn't that much, but it sure as hell annoys me. I've had plenty of problems with the pagoda.

So everyone who downloded the v1.0 download it again. The bug is fixed!

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007-08-30 14:01:22 »
heh i hope your ready for yet another bug cause jenova life freezes the game.   and its not my game its dfeinately a bug in your editing.

Edit: and i'll add that uhhh wellll the underwater reactor area is messed up as well.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-30 14:16:25 by ARMs »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #68 on: 2007-08-30 14:44:50 »
lol seriously.... Guess I have my hands full then lol... Sigh...

The ancient forrest is also a mess...

EDIT:
heh i hope your ready for yet another bug cause jenova life freezes the game.   and its not my game its dfeinately a bug in your editing.

All the jenova fights works fine on my computer. I have the 1.02 patch +many other from this forum. I don't know if it's that which causes it or if it's the emulator or something else. You did mean the Jenova where Aeris dies right? Thats J Life.

But there are bugs in the UW reactor and the Ancient forrest. I've checked the whole game pretty much, and thats the only ones I can find.

oh... And there is a bug in the sunken Gelnika plane too.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-30 18:59:37 by gjoerulv »

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007-08-30 19:29:31 »
Hmm,  i guess it is the difference in pc and psx version then.   Cause when ever jenova attacks with her blue light the game woudl continue normally and then she attacks with blue light again the game just freezes.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #70 on: 2007-08-30 20:19:56 »
The bugs are fixed!!

@Arms: I believe I know whats cuausing it. I've added the "dual" status effect to that attck. It works fine on PC but I have no clue on PSX. I'll upload a scene 1 sec...

Try This:
http://www.speedyshare.com/278118849.html
« Last Edit: 2007-08-30 20:30:22 by gjoerulv »

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007-08-30 20:49:35 »
yep it seems that that was the problem.  There no need to make another scene i'm just testing it and searching for bugs and seeing what interesting things other modders can come up with.  Its a shame that the dual status doesn't work on the psx its a good effect.   

you cast regen while dual is in effect?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #72 on: 2007-08-30 20:56:34 »
Regen + Dual = Nothing happens!  :-D

Lag.Com

• Nyan-te na!
    • View Profile
    • Lag.Website
« Reply #73 on: 2007-09-01 21:14:26 »
I started playing through with this mod when I reinstalled. Guard Scorpion was hilariously difficult, but with enough levelling (and items gathered) I got past. Airbuster was a piece of cake in comparison. I'm currently at the Shinra HQ, and nothing between Airbuster and now has been any challenge at all, except the Sahagin which I decided were utterly pointless to even attempt to fight. Hedgehog Pies confusing and poisoning Aeris was kind of funny, though.

twipley

• View Profile
    • custom user page on wikipedia
« Reply #74 on: 2007-09-03 16:30:28 »
This one for sure is looking nice. :)
But, how does it compare with Hay's Reasonable Mod ?

I found Hay's Scorpion Guard to be just the great difficulty for me.
Though, it would be nice to compare both of these mods together.

P.S.:
More on the subject of Hardcore Modes:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6810.0