Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Project Eden - dramatically improved backgrounds (v1.0)  (Read 318040 times)

rufoos

• View Profile

BaconCatBug

• View Profile
So, I do not think Project Eden is working for me while other tonberry mods are. Am I missing a hash csv? There only seem to be textures in the zip.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
So, I do not think Project Eden is working for me while other tonberry mods are. Am I missing a hash csv? There only seem to be textures in the zip.

You can find the hashmap for Project Eden on the first page of the Tonberry 2.04 thread. At least, that's the easiest method.

RichterB

• View Profile
Do I need any hashmap file if I use Tonberry 1.5?

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Do I need any hashmap file if I use Tonberry 1.5?

Been awhile since I've used v1.5. You'll still need them depending on which mods you're going to use. But, at the same time, v1.5 is slower and can crash depending on certain scenarios. A majority of these problems have been resolved on the newest version. And in this version hash1map already has the codes for Project Eden, SeeD Reborn, and TT I believe?

skatrrklamp

• View Profile
Not sure what I did wrong since the instructions are very simple to follow, but this mod doesn't seem to be working for me. I downloaded and copied the into my textures folder, but  when I load the game all the textures look exactly the same as if I hadn't changed anything at all.

I'm using Tonberry 1.6 and I'm not getting any errors or crashes whatsoever. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it, last mod I wanted, all the rest are working great! Let me know if you need anymore info.

skatrrklamp

• View Profile
Not sure what I did wrong since the instructions are very simple to follow, but this mod doesn't seem to be working for me. I downloaded and copied the into my textures folder, but  when I load the game all the textures look exactly the same as if I hadn't changed anything at all.

I'm using Tonberry 1.6 and I'm not getting any errors or crashes whatsoever. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it, last mod I wanted, all the rest are working great! Let me know if you need anymore info.

I figured it out, apparently I was missing the hashmap file, found it this morning after reading more of the forum posts and got it working. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do to make our favorite games look great!   :-D

Thirteen1355

• View Profile
Hey, Ozmy!
Are also going to make this kind of mod for the upcoming Steam release of Final Fantasy 9?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Hey, Ozmy!
Are also going to make this kind of mod for the upcoming Steam release of Final Fantasy 9?

It would certainly be nice, but the modding process involves making the tools first to help extract/unpack game files to be modded. I don't think we have those tools yet, so we'll first have to do some waiting after the game release.

krizz02

• View Profile
Not sure if this is the right spot for this one...

I'm running into an unknown exception error in the same spot, when Squall Selphie and Zell are boarding the ship to leave the Dollet mission.  I have RaW, Tonberry 2.04, Apocalypse, Horizon, LunarCry, Project Eden, SeeDReborn and Tripod installed.  From the Biggs/Wedge fight up to here I didn't run into any other errors.  Has anyone ran into this before?

SpoonyOrbit

• View Profile
I believe this would go here. As I've been playing the game with this mod as well as other mods installed I am noticing that a lot of the backgrounds have discolored and pixelated square textures that are showing. An instance of this is seen at the dollet communications tower. I notice it as squall and his party come down from the tower and exit as the spider machine thing is up top before it jumps down. When I look at the background in parts of the sky and the tower there are square pixelated discolored textures. I noticed these types of square textures in various backgrounds throughout the game especially where there is a light source from a lamp fixture.

Another thing that I saw as I was playing the game, when squall is carrying Rinoa on her back to Esthar on the train tracks in fisherman's horizon as squall is walking towards the light posts and walks past the light posts the light posts cover him in the background meaning you can't see him as he's walking through/past the light post. I am not sure if this is a project Eden issue or another mod issue but I think it has to do with this mod. I have everything installed correctly I believe.

I have the hash1map, hash2map, and collision in the main tonberry folder as well as the hashmap for this mod and other mods in the hashmap folder and one objmap file for another mod, lunar cry.  Are these texture glitches known or am I forgetting something?  And is there a fix?

I am using the latest version of Tonberry 2.04 and I believe I have the most current hashmap files from Mcindus.

I can upload (I think) images of my file directories to see if anyone thinks there is something wrong but I'm not sure how to do that.  I'm not the most computer savvy.

« Last Edit: 2016-02-26 04:14:39 by spoonyrogdrumps »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I believe this would go here. As I've been playing the game with this mod as well as other mods installed I am noticing that a lot of the backgrounds have discolored and pixelated square textures that are showing. An instance of this is seen at the dollet communications tower. I notice it as squall and his party come down from the tower and exit as the spider machine thing is up top before it jumps down. When I look at the background in parts of the sky and the tower there are square pixelated discolored textures. I noticed these types of square textures in various backgrounds throughout the game especially where there is a light source from a lamp fixture.

Another thing that I saw as I was playing the game, when squall is carrying Rinoa on her back to Esthar on the train tracks in fisherman's horizon as squall is walking towards the light posts and walks past the light posts the light posts cover him in the background meaning you can't see him as he's walking through/past the light post. I am not sure if this is a project Eden issue or another mod issue but I think it has to do with this mod. I have everything installed correctly I believe.

I have the hash1map, hash2map, and collision in the main tonberry folder as well as the hashmap for this mod and other mods in the hashmap folder and one objmap file for another mod, lunar cry.  Are these texture glitches known or am I forgetting something?  And is there a fix?

I am using the latest version of Tonberry 2.04 and I believe I have the most current hashmap files from Mcindus.

I can upload (I think) images of my file directories to see if anyone thinks there is something wrong but I'm not sure how to do that.  I'm not the most computer savvy.

You should remove hash1map - it is no longer needed.  hash2map is very important and deals with collisions, and that should be in your /tonberry/ folder, not the hashmap folder (which it seems like you've done already).  Make sure collisions.csv is also in the /tonberry/ folder.

lucidusatra

• View Profile
Hey. I'm experiencing some of the graphical glitches reported by nRage on page 2 of this thread. I'm wondering though, in the initial post, this screenshot was shown.

https://1f4047f4b2ba7f2a0addca2365f349169e62e13a.googledrive.com/host/0ByMkI_Nb8OmJRlZfaVdfWU92aUU/gggate1_01.png

My gggate1_01 looks like the screenshot nRage captured:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/ethan_wilson1991/ff8%20project%20eden/gggate1_zps6750476f.jpg?112

I'm wondering, since this glitch has already been reported, and since there is a screenshot of the background working properly on page 1, does that mean that there's a release somewhere which fixes it? Something I'm missing? Maybe it's my hashmap file? I'm using Tonberry 2.04, and I'm using the Project Eden hashmap from page 1 of the Tonberry 2.04 thread. And no, I don't have hash1map.csv in my Tonberry folder.

I thought it might be one of those texture collisions I've been reading about (though that's just a wild guess -- I've been scanning these forums for information and that seems to be a commonly reported problem), so I tried sticking all of my mods' hashmap files except the Project Eden one into the disabled folder. No dice, the field is still glitched.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone!

« Last Edit: 2016-03-10 23:06:53 by lucidusatra »

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
I know this is already documented, but bghall4a is causing a glitch with the elevators. I'm pretty sure the textures were swizzled incorrectly, or at least that's what it looks like.

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
Does anybody have a mirror for this?
I think this is the only mod that still uses the defunct download site, and after wiping my hard drive I really want to experience it again.
EDIT: Sorry for being an idiot.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-22 19:20:35 by Jotaro »

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
It's on Google Drive or there's a torrent, both links work just fine.

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
Really?
There's the two links in the OP, and the one torrent link in one of McIndus' posts.
I've tried all of them, and they all go to 13tomidnight.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Really?
There's the two links in the OP, and the one torrent link in one of McIndus' posts.
I've tried all of them, and they all go to 13tomidnight.

The first download link in the OP is a google drive link...  give it another shot?
I'm not the author of this mod, so I can't change the OP.

Risaoko

• View Profile
U've made a great work. I'm proud of u :)

firion

• View Profile
Not sure if this is still something being worked on, but my game is crashing when I walk into the Timber Maniacs building in Timber.  Had to disable all the mods one at a time to figure out which one was causing the crash, haha.

Bendy

• View Profile
Hello, thought id make a post on this forum as it seems more relevant.

I've got all the other mods i want working (Tripod, SeeD reborn, rebirth flame, etc) but i cant seem to get Eden to work.

I have copied all of the textures folder from the eden download to my ff8 textures folder, put the hash file in the hashmaps folder yet nothing changes when i load the game, i get odd black lines around the fountain in east balamb garden area but no actual graphical up-scaling happening.

unsure what I'm doing wrong.
This is my textures folder, hashmap folder and a screenshot of in game.
http://imgur.com/a/mTuNQ

Thanks in advance to any help/suggestions!

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
It's working.
If you were to put the hashmap for Project Eden in the disabled folder, you'd notice that the backgrounds become insanely pixellated, so unless someone makes new renders for every background (which is extremely unlikely), we just have to upscale the backgrounds, which make them look like that.

Yukisenpi30

• View Profile
 Ok having issues , I have all my other mods installed and working great. I downlod this and copy its contents into my Textures Folder....and nothing. Was a Hashmap file suppose to be included in this download because it doesn't give one :(   ( I am somewhat new to this lol  )

Thank you all for your amazing work!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Ok having issues , I have all my other mods installed and working great. I downlod this and copy its contents into my Textures Folder....and nothing. Was a Hashmap file suppose to be included in this download because it doesn't give one :(   ( I am somewhat new to this lol  )

Thank you all for your amazing work!

You are absolutely correct.  Follow this link for the hashmap:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15945.msg223951#msg223951

Rancor

• View Profile
Hi Forum,

first of all i want to thank everybody here for the great support and mods. It is really awesome work !!

I have a questrion regarding the Project Eden Mod.

I am running the german Version of the FF8 Steam Version. The Mods are workig fine so far, but somehow some of the Backrounds are not replaced with the new ones and sometimes only parts of the backgrounds are filtered, while other parts stay unfiltered.

Has anyone an idea why?

Is it normal that some areas are not improved?
I know that for other these areas are improved like the training hall.

See images:

I use the german version of Final Fantasy 8 if that matters.
I use other mods too but i disabled all except Project Eden and the german version of Seed Reborn.

Thats exactly how it looks to me.

And sorry for my bad english^^ I am not a native speaker

« Last Edit: 2017-01-10 20:30:06 by Rancor »