Author Topic: Updated Character Models  (Read 5993 times)

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Updated Character Models
« on: 2017-08-13 07:12:48 »
So about 75% of the time i do not make models myself. I have friends that do but the process of getting them into FF7 i can do.

Many like Chibi models, many like updated HD ones.
I figure heck i'll share what i can do. Plus opinions are always good.

I can't guarantee i'll be able to make a full pack, but i'll try anyway.

Tifa + AC

I'll update as much as i can, but work is slow

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: Updated Character Models
« Reply #1 on: 2017-08-14 16:12:47 »
Are your friends modeling and textures these themselves, or are they doing models similar to MoogleOutfitters on Deviant Art? Their models come out pretty well, but aren't eligible for release here since they use assets from many other game models. The textures for the face and body don't match, with a very noticeable UV seam along the neck. If I had to guess these textures aren't from a single source.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #2 on: 2017-08-14 16:22:11 »
The model itself has been made using "Iclone 6" and "Make Human"
The textures for the vanilla outfit are from Moogle Outfitters (They are one of the friends i spoke of). The textures for the AC outfit were given to me by someone in my team. Not entirely sure where they came from.

I'm fine with removing it if needed.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-08-14 16:49:11 »
iClone and Make Human are great resources for quickly making character models, so that would be fine, but accessories and clothing cant come from ripped material. Otherwise it's taking credit for copyrighted material. A good workflow for something like this would be pairing iClone and Make Human for the models, and using Marvelous Designer for their clothing and accessories. You could likely complete a whole character within a few hours that way.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #4 on: 2017-08-14 21:49:15 »
Marvelous designer? I've never heard of this before. Gonna check it out.
Got any programs to make textures myself? Then i could make everything entirely myself, that'd be awesome

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-08-14 22:27:44 »
Marvelous Designer is an application for creating 3d clothing. It actually works the same way as sewing, as you lay out clothing patterns, and stitch them together. You just do it in 3d in this case. It's a great application that's able to get results comparable to sculpting in zBrush, but it works very different than any other 3d application.

For textures, I'd start with Photoshop. That's the best way to learn to work with UV's and layout your textures in 2d space. From there I like working with zBrush and Substance Painter. Both are on the shortlist for any game developers desired skills. They actually work pretty similarly, in a way at least. The textures baked in zBrush and Substance Painter will require a bit extra work though for FF7, since they'll greatly depend on normal, specular, and ambient occlusion maps. For FF7 alone, Photoshop is your friend. 

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #6 on: 2017-08-15 00:30:06 »
That sounds awesome actually. I have wanted to learn how to make textures from scratch. Just could never understand how. I'll look up some tutorials in the meantime

ammudava

• my name is Dava Ammu. i am indian girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-08-15 09:56:58 »
nice mod, good job. want to try it now :)