Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008114 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
[00000905] ERROR: COULD NOT CHANGE TO DIRECTORY BATTLE
[00000905] ERROR: could not open file camdat0.bin

We've seen this before.  Obesebear can't remember how he fixed it.

Probably related to where you have FF7 installed or not having admin rights.

Possibly the installer failed to install the files for Steam version:
\data\battle  should exist and hold a lot of files after install - including camdat0.bin

Suggest you rerun installer with admin rights.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-03 02:38:15 by DLPB »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
I've seen this issue multiple times too.
Anytime I have fixed it it's because the player was using the SE 2000 release and it didn't come with that file for some reason. I would send them mine to place inside FF7/data/battle and it fixed it 100% of the time.

So either that version doesn't have it, or it's hidden somewhere else

Timber

• View Profile
Congratulations on getting R06 out DLPB, been looking forward to it.

Question for everyone, as of now are there any difficulty mods compatible with this? Anything at all? Just want the game to be a bit more difficult when I play through this.

Khrone

• View Profile
Congratulations on getting R06 out DLPB, been looking forward to it.

Question for everyone, as of now are there any difficulty mods compatible with this? Anything at all? Just want the game to be a bit more difficult when I play through this.

I believe there's a difficulty mod, Weapon, that's already a WIP part of Reunion planned for future releases.

obesebear

• View Profile
Mine is the original version. Everything works fine until reunion installs.  Putting it in C: ultimately helped but it didn't work immediately. I opened up regedit, changed the values. Then changed them back to the original values and it decided to work. No real idea on what fixed it

e2zippo

• View Profile
Just had crash right after the battle in the elevator in Shinra HQ.

0. Checked but couldn't find this particular bug.
1. Game crashed right after i defeated the boss in the elevator in Shinra HQ
2. Replayed again and the game didn't crash.
3,4,5: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xxjAvir-imBbgbqHi9iohcEKhvl1xcKH/view?usp=sharing
6. Intel I5-4670K
7. Nvidia Geforce GTX-1060 3GB
8. Windows 10 1809.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
What I need to do is get the crash dump working properly...  there's nothing I can use there tbh.  But I do suggest putting test = y on under FIXES  to see if these type of crashes continue.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_j7CbAinNj6dMoGZ7AgKv-2ruLiiFhxQ/view?usp=sharing

True Odin's fix for the pcm audio issue in fmvs.  Please add to \The_Reunion\Program_Files

And let me know if the issue is resolved.

Mabinog

• View Profile
Got another crash.

1. Using the Odin materia has caused the game to crash after Zantetsuken landed. The first time it crashed, I was fighting Guillofellgho in the Shinra Mansion, and Zantetsuken caused his model (minus his chain) to disappear rather than kill him. I could still attack him, but he wouldn't attack back. The music also cut out when this happened. After I killed him, the game crashed. The second time, I was fighting mobs outside of Niblheim, and the game crashed as soon as Zantetsuken hit.
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once? Yes, I have been able to recreate the crash several times.
3. App.log https://pastebin.com/XdiT2CDm
4. Reunion.log https://pastebin.com/y34Q6TE1
5. Your save file from just before the crash or hang (Slot 1) https://www.sendspace.com/file/smvwa1
6. Your CPU spec Ryzen 5 3600
7. Your graphic card spec GTX 1660 Ti
8. Your operating system Windows 10 Pro

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Mabinog

I've located the problem.
This is another fix I made which appears to now break a different part lmao. I'll sort it ;) 

In this case, Odin should not be able to use Zantetsuken v this enemy - he's immune to death.

gentlemagic

• View Profile
I use Remako upscale videos and no sound , only video show

Mabinog

• View Profile
I believe the problem may not be exclusive to the enemy in the mansion, as I've gotten the crash in every battle I've used Odin in. I've tested it on mobs outside of Niblheim and Rocket Village, and I crash no matter who I face.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@DLPB
Just spotted that some world map file are from my upscale pack (dfx_00.png for exemple as the same exact crc between my mod and your mod)

You can freely use any part from my works, just credit it somewhere ^^

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@gentlemagic  Read the first post and the Reunion Database - and the post that's directly above> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg270284#msg270284

@Mabinog:  Yup, don't worry.  Under control ;)

@Satsuki: I was under the impression FeliX had done everything.  I'll add your credit  :).  Which parts did you do?

Granfalloon

• View Profile
Skimming over the Reunion Database for kicks and I noticed this name:
悪竜王 ヴァルヴァドス   Evil Dragon King Valvados   [Possibly from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_God_%28Cthulhu_Mythos%29#Vorvadoss ]   Evil Dragon King Varvadoss
I stared at that original translation "Valvados" and thought that the V's and L's are probably supposed to be B's and R's, it's just like that in certain languages with the V's like spanish and swedish and the L's I know is a japanese thing, and the name "Barbados" came up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_(disambiguation)
As well as it being the name of a Caribbean nation I'm sure I've seen it come up a ton in fiction before and even some jrpgs, I got two hits looking up "Barbados Tales of" and "Barbados Trails of Cold Steel", both times as names of characters. Curious if it's been considered before.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The problem there is that there is a "ba" sound in kana and they didn't use it - so it's not the same as swapping out sounds. But I'll let Luksy / Charlie Beer review it.  It's unlikely.

バレット

barrett, for one.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-09 14:48:52 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Mabinog  that bug is annoying.

It's the only thing that I can see that wouldn't work with my fix - because whether Odin uses Zantetsuken or not is not based on if the enemy is immune to Death.  Which is stupid.

Internally, it does check first that death is defended against (a part I bypassed to fix another bug) but it then sets the MISS flag - and it's the miss flag that is eventually used to decide it.  I've located main code branch for Zantetsuken v Gungnir and I think only way for me to fix is to add a check there.

Additionally, the game is brain dead and cheats.  It uses the nullify elemental code to set that miss flag.  Elemental  nullify code is initiated when elemental damage is nullified OR the attack strength is 0 (as Odin's is) - something that's just a hacky crappy work around.   They basically made a really sloppy way of deciding Odin's choice of attack - and of setting HP damage to 0 when attack strength is 0. All of these factors came together to destroy my fix.

Only Odin breaks the game because only Odin's Zentetsuken has its own hard coded effect on an enemy.

So - if Zantetsuken gets used on an enemy protected against death, the enemy will be affected by Odin's special death animations - but the enemy still won't die, because they are still defending against the death status.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-09 16:03:23 by DLPB »

GoldenCove

• View Profile
Hey!
So is 6.0b out already? Is it the last bug fix update before Reunion Patch 7.0 hits? When will 7.0 approximately hit? The final iteration? Like in Spring 2020?
Sorry for the questions but I need to know, because I want to start a new playthrough of FF7, ideally with this awesome patch! 60fps battles and translation fixes is what I look forward to the most!

One question/wish: Is it possible to change the new menus in a way to remove the zeros before the values in stat screens?
Like having 15->112 instead of 015->112?

Mabinog

• View Profile
Sounds rough.

But the database says it's fixed so I assume everything's good now?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Indeed

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@DLPB
Here's the file list with the same CRC of my world map v4:

aad_00.png   
aahc_00.png   
aahe_00.png   
aid_00.png   
auc_00.png   
aud_00.png   
aue_00.png   
augen_00.png
bdb_00.png   
bdc_00.png   
bdd_00.png   
cfa_00.png   
cga_00.png   
cgb_00.png   
cme_00.png   
cpa_00.png   
cqa_00.png   
dfx_00.png   
dja_00.png   
dka_00.png   
dmd_00.png   
dme_00.png   
dna_00.png   
midg_00.png
nivl_top_00.png

I assume FeliX as used my works as a base for some files he doesn't want to redo from scratch.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-10 07:54:55 by satsuki »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I thought it was the other way around.  Felix Leonhart was here a long time ago and created a main world map mod - a lot of these files are definitely his.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11542.0

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I've done all my upscale from original textures extracted from lgp (minimaps appart of course)
I've checked my v2, v3 and v4 world map (windiff for crc the files) and the list i gived you are from the v4 worldmap i've done again from scratch and released the 2019-09-02 (appart some file from my v3 but not the ones i listed)

So the only 2 options are:
-Felix as used some of my files
-Felix and I have used the same exact processing for those files, same softwares, same settings, same compression of the png....

So the main question is, when have dl the worldmap archive from felix works ? before or after the 2019-09-02 ?

[/edit]
I downloaded the link you post and none of my files are in this archive, maybe some file was missing from the original felix works and someone add mine to coplete the works ?
Sure thing is that my files are not in felix works but are in reunion
[/edit]

[edit2]
MY BAD, i've done a 100% fresh install of steam FF7 + R06 and none of my file are present, i have done a bad copy somewhere, SORRY for that
[edit]
« Last Edit: 2019-12-10 08:03:21 by satsuki »

Dmitrii

• View Profile
Steam version requires an updated ddraw.dll to work correctly on windows 10. Heres a repost of the link to the updated file replace the file of the same name in the root of ff7 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HX6AyTe4HZWq1d9cQ7wMNXutyEbBb9VX/view

Hello. I'm using the steam version and by applying this hotfix I lost access to cloud saves and achievements and for some reason my input mappings were all changed. Is this the intended behavior or did I mess something up?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Intended behaviour.

In other news... I have finally cracked the problem with my debugger.  It took an enormous amount of time to track the issue down.

And now, with True Odin's replacement for aali's version - we get a log like this >

00018922] TRACE: *** Exception 0xc0000094 occured ***
[00018922] TRACE:    at field_layer2_pick_tiles in c:\users\administrator.dlpb-pc\desktop\ff7related\ff7_opengl - new\ff7_opengl-master\ff7\field.c: line: 115: address: 0x623F6AD0
[00018922] TRACE:    at field_layer2_pick_tiles, address 0x623F6AD0.
[00018922] TRACE: in J:\FF7\ff7.exe
[00018922] TRACE:    at BaseThreadInitThunk, address 0x76623378.
[00018922] TRACE: in C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
[00018922] TRACE:    at RtlInitializeExceptionChain, address 0x77A1A1DF.
[00018922] TRACE: in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
[00018922] TRACE:    at RtlInitializeExceptionChain, address 0x77A1A1DF.
[00018922] TRACE: in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
[00018922] ERROR: Unhandled Exception. See dumped information above.

- Note, this was a deliberate division by 0 and as you can see, it shows you the function name and line (115).