Author Topic: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud  (Read 228712 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud
« Reply #125 on: 2011-07-12 14:12:19 »
Nobody really knows until it is tried. I remember hearing something about the engine handling 32000 ish polys per object. I believe an object is for example a leg. I would imagine aali could give a better answer then I can though.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2011-07-12 16:38:37 »
65535 vertices per group is the hard limit, a single .p file can have *alot* of groups though so if whichever tool you use is smart enough to create more groups when you go over the limit that wont be a problem.

Performance all depends on where and how your model is used. Reasonably high-poly models would use up alot of CPU time in worldmap and field, while in battle it would be no problem at all, for example. Semi-transparency is also really expensive in some cases and could easily slow the game to a crawl if the model is too complex.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2011-07-12 18:07:27 »
I have no plans to release the high poly version. Once I finish him I'll combine the sculpting detail and ornamental polygon detail into normal maps for one combined and slightly retopo'd mesh (ex: The suspender straps will be just a raised portion of the chest mesh) I'm shooting for a final that'll be roughly less than 4000 polys, or 7 to 8 thousand tri polys.

@Nightmarish check the various posts I've made, I have several shots of the working of the face. I'll add them to the WIP links on the first post of this thread

zoostation

• All glory to the Hypnotoad
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2011-07-12 20:05:29 »
If it isn't any trouble, you should release the hi-poly and lo-poly versions, so people who want hi-poly can get it but people who can't use it (or aren't interested for some reason) have an option too. If you make both of them, why not release them?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2011-07-12 20:06:14 »
He's an awesomesauce hoarder :P

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2011-07-12 20:31:21 »
If it isn't any trouble, you should release the hi-poly and lo-poly versions, so people who want hi-poly can get it but people who can't use it (or aren't interested for some reason) have an option too. If you make both of them, why not release them?

Because it wouldn't really look THAT much different honestly! The camera doesn't get close enough for those tiny details to really pop out. And Trust in me  ;) I model smart to get as much detail with as little polys. Takes less time to render.

And as far as I'm concerned the "high poly" is only a stand-in/mid-step to my full render model to use in one of my projects. And that and converting it to the games files would be more trouble than it's worth, and the different only slightly noticeable. As an smart animator, you only model out the finite details you'll see up close.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2011-07-13 04:46:52 »
Here's what I've used as my background for the last couple of months, thought you guys might like it as well:

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2011-07-22 21:37:57 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-29 17:19:30 by dkma841 »

aznkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2011-07-28 18:28:36 »
just wondering how to i insert that image ^^ into my start screen?

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2011-07-28 21:19:21 »
just wondering how to i insert that image ^^ into my start screen?

Install Aali's OpenGL driver.
Open the ff7_opengl.cfg file using notepad.
Go to the line that says "mod_path =" and set it to "mod_path = avalanche".
Download the image and rename it to buster_00 and place it in mods\avalanche\menu.
     32-bit: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\mods\avalanche\menu
     64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\mods\avalanche\menu

aznkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2011-07-28 23:20:51 »
Install Aali's OpenGL driver.
Open the ff7_opengl.cfg file using notepad.
Go to the line that says "mod_path =" and set it to "mod_path = avalanche".
Download the image and rename it to buster_00 and place it in mods\avalanche\menu.
     32-bit: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\mods\avalanche\menu
     64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\mods\avalanche\menu

THANKYOU xD

Stan The FF7 Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2011-08-13 01:40:33 »
Wow. The sword looks incredible, can't wait for a release, or is there a way to use the image? :)

Vegadawg2

• Admitted Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2011-08-13 02:51:30 »
Wow. The sword looks incredible, can't wait for a release, or is there a way to use the image? :)

Please read the post above yours Stan.  Download the image and convert to a .png file then rename the pic and place it in the correct folder.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2011-08-13 09:09:02 »
Sorry guys :) school's beating me to a pulp! I got Production Team where a team of 7 students make an animated short film in 3 months... and I'm the art lead and most of my team isn't very skilled... So I'm kind of teaching everyone what we've already learned for the last year (Sigh inducing disappointment)... It'll be great though! Me and the Production Team leader are decent enough and I'm sure that with enough grinding we'll make something cool! Also Advanced Rigging (which is more like advanced round about way of making things more complicated for animators  ;) but seriously I'm learning a TON) and lastly I got Animation Studio V Which is a 3 month long project dedicated to the area of cg that I'm most interested in (Character Concept/Creation/and Animation) the whole purpose is that I make something polished to put on my demo reel.

I'll include my version of the opening screen (made to look more like the original but with the new sword of course) when I finally get around to releasing Cloud.

Have faith guys  :) I'm sorry, it'll be worth it! I won't let you down

burkey0307

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2011-08-14 02:12:00 »
No worries. School is important.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2011-08-17 00:59:58 »
No worries. School is important.

School is very unimportant :P people learn more on their own than most schools could ever hope to teach.

pacito-ex

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2011-08-17 01:06:05 »
I agree, I went to a self paced charter school and finished 2 years in 2 months :P. I had to wait one more month so that the teachers had enough time to finish grading my papers lol.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2011-08-17 02:23:11 »
School is very unimportant :P people learn more on their own than most schools could ever hope to teach.

True story.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2011-08-17 12:27:47 »
when is the apz new cloud going to be released?

Nice to see you actually read the thread...

AshamanZack

« Reply #144 on: 2011-08-19 19:51:13 »
I can't wait to see this cloud when he's finished. With all the practice your school is putting you through, its going to be amazing. I know it.

fantasycloud

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2011-08-23 11:12:28 »
can't wait to see this in action

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2011-08-23 15:24:02 »
when is the apz new cloud going to be released?

Well that's the question isn't it?  :) Right now I'm suffering through severe financial crunch in my life and school's beating the crap outta my every free moment. I barely sleep as it is, and I need to get another job just to climb out of this predicament. I'm not asking for any sympathy, as frustrating as my position may be I still count myself a lucky man.

But in the mean by that means that I need to focus all my energy into keeping my head above water. And as much as I'd like to tear into Cloud and get him done tomorrow... I have priorities that demand my immediate and constant attention.

The only promise I can make is that I haven't forgotten, and I haven't abandoned this yet. I have no intention of dropping this project. I just have to wait until I haven enough freetime/motivation to achieve it.

So bear with me  ;) Have a little patience and faith. I really don't want to let you guys down
« Last Edit: 2011-08-23 15:28:22 by apz freak »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2011-08-23 15:28:17 »
I'm not asking for any sympathy

Well, in any ways, you've got mine. I hope you'll get better anytime soon.

Vegadawg2

• Admitted Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2011-08-23 17:23:08 »
Sounds like a struggle APZ...  You don't need to worry cause we'll be very patient.  Take care of the top priorities first and we'll be here waiting when you make your triumphant return.  Take care and keep that chin above water!  :-)

fantasycloud

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2011-08-25 00:59:18 »
Just settle your top priorities first,,, and we will be waiting for the return of the new hero....cloud strife.