Author Topic: (PSX FF7) Cloud in Shinra MP uniform, Battle + Field, proof of concept  (Read 6156 times)

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
After a considerable amount of reverse-engineering and mapping out relevant battle models (and having already done so with field models), I've completed a proof-of-concept (though, fully functional) replacement model for Cloud in both battle and field modules. As mentioned in the video descriptions, this probably gives away a little too much of my intentions for the FF7 prequel mod, Adamant, but it's worth it if it keeps people interested and illustrates what one can do with the type of information I've mapped out in previous threads :)

Field: VIDEO

Battle: VIDEO

You can grab the modified files to use in your own mods (or just play around with), in my duplicate thread at GameHacking.org: HERE
« Last Edit: 2012-08-31 16:02:28 by Lazy Bastard »

vayneruel

• View Profile
LOOOl this amazing, congratulations

Lazy Bastard

• View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
Heh, thanks. I've replaced the battle model video with a somewhat better one, without Cloud's dead companions to clutter the view.

vayneruel

• View Profile
Do all the animations correctly?

Lazy Bastard

• View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
My testing so far has met with excellent results, yes. I can now move forward to the final hurdle, world map models.

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-08-29 20:19:10 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 09:56:41 by Jenova's Witness »

vayneruel

• View Profile
I am very interested in your job, you will create a patch or tutorial?
If you are interested you could look ENEMY301.LZS file, this contains the Soldier first class model.
His uniform has to fit well Cloud.

Lazy Bastard

• View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
I'll be creating a prequel mod - essentially a new game, using the existing engine - in the form of a short story.

I'll also release all my work, with notes, with the release of the prequel mod, for those interested in the inner workings. It slipped my mind to link to a copy of the modified field and battle models, but I'll do so later today if time permits (I'll create an attachment on my forums, and link to the thread there). If anyone wants to use them, feel free, but please give credit where it's due (including credit to Akari for mapping out much of this data in the first place).

vayneruel

• View Profile
Ok, luck in your work

Lazy Bastard

• View Profile
    • GameHacking.org

vayneruel

• View Profile
Yeah this is great, thanks for the file

Lazy Bastard

• View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
Jenova's Witness: I somehow didn't notice your post. Worry not; that will be dealt with in the prequel :)