Author Topic: Very Good News (Final Fantasy 7 XP Patch!!!)  (Read 31008 times)

Nori

• View Profile
Very Good News (Final Fantasy 7 XP Patch!!!)
« on: 2002-07-10 04:34:20 »
Well you don't have to apply for 2 or 3+ patches for Final Fantasy 7 (under XP OS)... WOOOOOAAA here is the link ENJOY!!!
http://animevamp.deep-ice.com/ff7.htm
Sick of Final Fantasy crashing when using XP?
Want to be able to use 4X Antialiasing on your new GeForce4 MX?
Enhances the music not only of Final Fantasy VII, but also Divi-Dead and Fatal Relations!
Then this is the solution to all your problems, Final Fantasy 7 XP!

"I hope it works for your computer... " FF7 ROCKS baby~~

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2002-07-10 05:01:03 »
Um, slightly interesting.  I'd like to see more technical details before I tried it... and um, I hope they didn't rip off Jedwin's patch.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #2 on: 2002-07-10 14:43:10 »
I will have to test this patch once I get back home... (note I said test, not try)

Well it's certainly big. That's about all I can say from here ^_^

Agent0042

« Reply #3 on: 2002-07-12 17:30:13 »
It works! Before I loaded it, having Cloud perform Omnislash would crash my game in the same manner as has been reporting on other message boards. Now that I've loaded the patch, there's no crash and he performs Omnislash exactly as he's supposed to. Now I can finally proceed with the ending of the game and continue to use Omnislash in the future.

Great patch, start spreading the word!

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2002-07-12 19:09:00 »
Strange...
All the "features" mentioned are actually possible with my standard copy of FFVII if I configure things right.

Nevertheless I'll try this 9mb file later.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #5 on: 2002-07-12 19:27:47 »
I'm still waiting for word from more reliable sources on this, can anyone confirm any new functionality from this patch? It's not that I don't trust new users with heavy opinions, I just don't trust new users with heavy opinions  :wink:

Zophixan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2002-07-13 08:37:30 »
I downloaded it and it does....... nothing. I even extracted the files to find nothing  :evil:

Agent0042

« Reply #7 on: 2002-07-14 00:59:48 »
Yeah, I can understand why you wouldn't trust me. Still, all I can say is that before I downloaded the patch, Omnislash would crash my game in the same manner as described in the post here. After I downloaded the patch, I had no further problems with Omnislash. Performed beautifully and the graphics look better too.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #8 on: 2002-07-14 10:19:35 »
Alright, so it obviously does something. At 9MB it must contain something other than that home-made looking installation program. A complete FF7.exe is a good guess, but it must contain something more, FF7.exe is only 5.5MB uncompressed. But the "official" page says nothing specific about the technicalities of the "patch" (can hardly be titled as a patch when it's as large as a complete distribution). I'd prefer if the originator of this release explained what the huge file contains and roughly what it does, or which FF7.exe he's distributing. With a size of 9MB, it can contain tons of stuff to sneak onto my system without my direct knowledge. So until I know what it does, I'm apprehensive to install this thing onto my computer. Hell, it could even be malicious (judging from the l33tn3ss of the homepage).  :-?

Doesn't someone know of a way to deconstruct SEAU (Self-Extracting Archive Utility) installations?

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2002-07-14 16:22:35 »
First off, allow me to say that the homepage is definitely NOT L337. Something, like, say, Icrontic, with it's Gh3tt0 L337 "Ghetto computer" articles certainly is. </plug>
Qhimm, I think all you need to find is whatever compression thingy it uses then use a program to unzip it. Like if it's RAR or gzh or CAB or anything.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #10 on: 2002-07-14 17:46:51 »
It can't be decompressed neither by WinRAR nor by WinZip ... hm ...

- Alhexx

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #11 on: 2002-07-14 19:27:31 »
Let me be blatantly obvious, then. There's a difference between "judging from it being so l33t" and "judging from its l33tn3ss". I wasn't stating it was l33t, I was merely noting that it's so horribly unl33t (commenting on its l33tn3ss). I was being diplomatic too, since it works for people who associate l33t with something bad, too (the site would be very l33t in that case, also judging from its l33tn3ss).  :wink:

[EDIT: Mental note: implement a [l33t] BBCode tag. ]

ancientblade

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2002-07-15 15:50:02 »
Why don't we just contact the author of the patch and ask him? Maybe he will reply ...

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2002-07-15 21:26:38 »
hmm mines is 9meg extracted, with a tifa icon...
although i didnt replace my original exe...

tekwiz99

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2002-07-16 06:42:09 »
quick, tell us what happened?

Nori

• View Profile
let see... press here and there...
« Reply #15 on: 2002-07-16 15:14:38 »
Well, it's virus free also AD(s) as well... from my point of view this patch contains Official Patch v1.2, ff7.exe, and ???? <--- yes, I really don't know~ 9.02mb?!?!
But hey it works and I didn't find any problems yet (For my computer and the game)... Fineee, I will e-mail this guy and see:

tekwiz99

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2002-07-16 16:44:42 »
no way... if that's official patch v. 1.2 then how did the author of this patch got to work within XP? look at all the AA... (maybe aniso too) its gorgeous  8)

Alhexx

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2002-07-16 16:59:05 »
I'll have a look at it in a resource hacker, probably in a disassembler.
I'll post a reply when I find something useful...

- Alhexx

tekwiz99

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2002-07-17 02:20:05 »
well, you can save the trouble by not enableing aniso filter (hehe, realized that you don't need it for most of situations [except world map] :p)
if possible, modify the lighting process into pixel or vertex shading...hmm it might saves up lots of CPU usages.
er, better yet... have a new configuation GUI to incorporate today's graphic standard  8)

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2002-07-17 22:18:47 »
the anistrpic filtering is nice to see in battles.
as i have shown before.
that AA is possible with 1.2v of ff7,
but the anistropic filtering does make a bigger diff

Alhexx

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2002-07-18 09:13:58 »
I've taken a look at it in a resource hacker, however, I couldn't find anything ...

- Alhexx

tekwiz99

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2002-07-21 17:45:09 »
after played with the patch applied for a while... i could say "FF7 is alive" (in XP)
although, enabling aniso filter causes scenes appear to have lines everywhere. but the engine of game was never designed to be AA or aniso friendly  8)

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2002-07-23 21:28:52 »
That's funny, I don't need a patch and it runs with 4x just fine.

Nori

• View Profile
KojiroTakenashi-san
« Reply #23 on: 2002-07-24 03:52:50 »
KojiroTakenashi-san how odd you must have good, perhaps you have a very decent AGP 3D card... But for my self I'm quite happy with this patch v1.3 too bad I'm not a big gamer, neee I can tell the differences from PC and PSX~  As favor of PC - much nicer graphics even speed of performances under my new computer, but poor sound quality..., besides that I think this patch is worthy to use...

FF7 Win XP Patch 1.3a
« Reply #24 on: 2002-07-26 16:07:54 »
It's all so very enticing this XP patch, but I can't seem to find the link to it; I've tried the one that was given on the site by 'nayoung' but the link's dead, all I could get was an older version of the patch (1.0). Could someone PLEASE post a working link of the 1.3a patch or later?

*Begs all pathetic like*

- PS: The 1.0 patch for XP doesn't fix the error when you're playing the Snowboarding mini-game (I don't know about the Chocobo Race mini-game yet).

- PS #2: I've tried to find the latest XP patch on KaZaA and WinMX; no luck...
:(