Author Topic: Very Good News (Final Fantasy 7 XP Patch!!!)  (Read 30966 times)

J*** H*******

Very Good News (Final Fantasy 7 XP Patch!!!)
« Reply #50 on: 2002-09-23 09:38:17 »
Smurgen

• View Profile
    • Http://smurgen.kj-soft.com
« Reply #51 on: 2002-09-23 14:27:39 »
Ok no more mirror from me. People complain about it too much. Sorry for trying to help

lichocpu

About FF7 and XP
« Reply #52 on: 2002-09-23 14:30:28 »
This is just weird. I was able to run FF7 on my brothers machine without hitch (he has a clean WinXP pro install, runing intel integrated audio, riva TNT and a Celeron 600) the thing is that when I get to the world map, transitions get VEEEEEEEERY slow, and I haven't been able to fix that.
So I tried installing FF7 on my PC (WinXP update from Win2K, GF3Ti200 an SB Live! 5.1, Athlon 1200) and after aplying the TNT Patch, the game refuses to start (... Memory Error 0x000000005 or something like that).
Also on my comp, the game refuses to run with soundfont support (In Win98SE it ran, now, no avail  :evil: )
So how do I fix my comp. ALso, can somebody send me a savefile to test the game for the chocobo races (I Tried dl'ding from gamewinners.com and the like, but the game gives me "Invalid Save" when I try  to use them)
I didn't install the 1.3 patch posted here on my bro's pc, but did in mine and still couldn't make ff7 work  -_-

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2002-09-23 16:15:23 »
The fix is simple. Dont run FFVII under Windows XP. Even if you fix one problem another one pops up...

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
« Reply #54 on: 2002-09-24 23:41:12 »
Welcome to the Site Lichocpu.  I assume you are male.  Contradict me if I am wrong.

Kendrilian :wicked:

Syndicate

FFVII XP Patch problems..
« Reply #55 on: 2002-10-05 01:00:58 »
If anyone is still following this, the problems i've encountered after installing that XP patch, was that my sound in the game had changed drastically...  and not for the better.
Also, when loading the game in the beginning, I can't see the Eidos movie, or the chocobo movie.. but that's nothing compared to the IN GAME movies also not working any longer.  I can hear them, but I can no longer see them. :evil:   Before I did some tweaking, I couldn't get the game to progress past a movie playing point.  Now, it just plays the sounds, but am able to continue with the game.

Is there anyone who knows how to fix these two issues?  (since that "patch" didn't come with an uninstall option  -_- )

bositman

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2002-10-05 07:47:17 »
Well i installed it at my WinXP and got nothing...just the colours look nicer and nothing else  :P

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #57 on: 2002-10-05 18:48:39 »
You could just uninstall and reinstall FF7 altogether.  Then apply our Chocobo patch and get the FF7Config.exe from version 1.02, and you should be set to play,

Syndicate

« Reply #58 on: 2002-10-06 01:59:43 »
I've uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times now, even tried removing any registry entries to see if that might have an effect.  No go.  I've tried getting new synthesizers as well.... nothing has worked.  Sooo.. I'm still up a creek with no paddle I guess!   :lol:  :isee:

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2002-10-06 03:11:54 »
I suppose this is why I'm not about to load the patch... because we have no idea what the heck it does, pretty much.  Looks like it might even make permanent alterations to your system.  Bleh.

Syndicate

« Reply #60 on: 2002-10-06 03:14:53 »
I *did* figure out a way to get the movies going again, and that was to install the Eidos upside down movie patch, since all that does is install a codec you need....  now those work, but the sound is still all cartoony and crappy.  So for anyone who wants some messed up midi/synths, and wants some random files altered, install that patch.
Anyone who is the wiser, don't.  I'm just retarded and decided to try it :D

But as for the music problem if anyone has any ideas.. still open for suggestions.

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2002-10-06 03:18:30 »
Ok.

1. What OS are you running?

2. What MIDI device do you have selected in FF7Config?  Have you tried different options?  Seems to me that if you're using hardware synth, or soundfonts, the XP patch shouldn't have done anything to the music... you might also try setting the MIDI to the "XG MIDI."

3. You can also select the system's default MIDI device in the "Multimedia" or "Sound and Multimedia" or "Sounds and Audio Devices" control panel (depending on your OS).

Syndicate

« Reply #62 on: 2002-10-06 08:45:20 »
I'm running Win2k, which may have been my first mistake (installing an XP patch), however, they run off the same kernel.. and overall are the same OS.. just XP should be called "Windows for Idiots".

ANYways..

Quote from: Aaron
Ok.

1. What OS are you running?

2. What MIDI device do you have selected in FF7Config?  Have you tried different options?  Seems to me that if you're using hardware synth, or soundfonts, the XP patch shouldn't have done anything to the music... you might also try setting the MIDI to the "XG MIDI."

3. You can also select the system's default MIDI device in the "Multimedia" or "Sound and Multimedia" or "Sounds and Audio Devices" control panel (depending on your OS).

I tried the XG Midi thing, and I tried tweaking my settings in the Multimedia (Sounds and Audio Devices) area, *still* no effect.  I'd like to know if anyone knows where to find the original GM.DLS file that goes in "C:\WinNT\system32\drivers\".
I was not able to find it on my Win2k CD, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places?

Thanks to all who've helped so far, and thanks in advance..

J*** H*******

« Reply #63 on: 2002-10-06 09:18:11 »
Syndicate

« Reply #64 on: 2002-10-29 23:08:22 »
Well replacing the gm.dls file worked, my midis are back to normal and everything, so if anyone else has this problem I guess they'll know what to do now!

Thanks everyone for your help.    :D

Barawulf

I just wanted to say -
« Reply #65 on: 2002-10-31 01:38:55 »
I have a Celeron 550, 320 meg of RAM, a GeForce 2 MX 200, and (important to FF7) a Soundblaster AWE 64 - ISA styled. Yeah, I know, old system, but it still kicks. Running XP Professional, with SP1 (which doesn't make a difference, I think)

When I tried it the first time, it made my colors all glitchy - it'd run, but the in-game backgrounds were bad news. Upgraded to nVidia's latest beta XP drivers and... it's perfect. Everything works as I remember it back in my 98 install - down to the last MIDI. Better, even, cause I turn on 2x FSAA. :) - and I'm not using my old Voodoo 2 card like I used to.

What's funny is I kept my 98 install around for FF7 in particular. Now I question the need for it's existence.

Whoever created this patch did good work. Yay. Arigato.

Nori

• View Profile
^^
« Reply #66 on: 2002-10-31 02:22:30 »
Whoever created this patch did good work. Yay. Arigato.

1.  Arigatou (long-sound!)  *NOD NOD*
2.  Patch - Copy & Paste... *TSK TSK TSK*

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #67 on: 2002-10-31 10:22:47 »
Oi, that's entirely up to the romaji variant used. Granted, you should usually show the vowel length somehow, though. Arigatou, Arigatoo, Arigatô, etc.

Nori

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2002-10-31 13:46:45 »
Romaji *Bleee* as long as I have
Japanese/Korean keyboard *Thank U God* =3  

yae yae yae gu`roku`nyo =^.^=
Qhimm-si goma`wo`a~ ~

Drake

« Reply #69 on: 2002-11-14 21:45:45 »
Does anyone know a working mirror for this patch?  Looking to download it in hopes that it will stop the crashes at the submarine battle for huge materia.

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2002-11-14 22:20:37 »
Thought that we decided this patch doesn't do anything useful?

It applies our Chocobo fix and messes up Windows XP's MS Synth by replacing the gm.dls file with a crappy one.  Bleh.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2002-11-15 00:07:28 »
...I still want to know how to replace my own GM.DLS without windows instantly replacing it.

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2002-11-15 03:11:23 »
Hrm.  If it were me, I'd try it from Safe Mode.  Or if you're on a FAT32, from a DOS prompt.

Or maybe you could find a registry key that points to the gm.dls and change it to a different file.

Nori

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2002-12-14 22:51:58 »
Well we already debated that XP version of patch wasn't good idea...
What should I do?  Apply 1.2 version of FFVII patch last, apply Qhimm's Chocobo patch or???