Author Topic: Having trouble getting FF7 bootleg mod to work - FMV/background  (Read 2978 times)

msp_411

• View Profile
Hi all,

I have just done a install of FF7 + Bootleg and managed to get things working turned off anti virus shutdown all browsers etc, I have also tried running via safe mode through bootleg to see if it makes a difference but the issue is still the same. I am running a 3.8ghzamd quad core machine with a gtx650 gpu. Have also tried to add FF7 to the nvidia control panel under 3d settings but it won't work.

The problems I am having are;

(Only tested these areas so I figure it will occur through the game).

1)Once at the bottom of the northern cave and you have talked to your party and they give you the items they found on the way down you pick the 3 who you will use to fight Jenova as soon as I leave this screen and get on the first screen with the hovering rocks you jump across to make your way to Jenova the background begins to play the bombing mission FMV's rather than load up the apt background that should be in place. Once I enter the screen where you confront Jenova the same issue happens where it loads another FMV rather than what should be there after a few seconds the second screen shows the right background.

2)The other issue I noticed is when I use Vincent and run Chaos limit break he will transform then not use his limit spells instead he just operates like a normal character where I can use anything he has materia wise/attack etc.

Does anyone have any idea how on earth I can fix these issues?

msp_411

• View Profile
Ok realised its something to do with the CD's being used I used the krammer mod to warp to disc 3 end of game and things went weird mounted disc 3 and it solved the issues however is there a way I can have my game run w/o having to mount my discs since its just a pain in the ass?

Any help is appreciated.

Scrat

• Don't eat yellow snow... even if it might be beer!
    • View Profile
Personally? I would support Square a little more (especially with remake announcement) and by FF7 on steam.

Then I would use 7th heaven. Its kept more up to date, unless BL2.0 is closer than I think.

That's right I am a 7th heaven convert

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
It sounds like the FMV and disc 3 problem is happening because you didn't choose a full installation of the game, therefore you're reading FMVs from the disc rather than the hard drive. I don't really know 100% though because I've never experienced that issue before. If you've installed Bootleg more than once in the past, then be sure you always clean your registry keys as well before you begin the new installation.