Author Topic: [FF7PC] ice_cold513 Sephiroth Patch (Beta)  (Read 149151 times)

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
Re: [Release] ice_cold513 Sephiroth Patch (Beta)
« Reply #225 on: 2008-04-15 09:18:51 »
this project is still alive and kicking, maybe weakly but is kicking :D Viashino. there is also another patch however..

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2008-06-16 22:37:20 »
I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong. I have done a clean install 4x and I keep getting this ff7.exe is uncompatible and chocobo.lgp error. I have not edited anything with these files besides upgrading it to Version 1.02 and installing the chocobo patch :( I am about ready to lose it :?

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2008-06-16 22:53:40 »
Try installing to an entirely new directory ("/bananas!/Final Fantasy Seven" instead of "/SquareSoft Inc./Final Fantasy 7").

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2008-06-16 22:59:51 »
should I install the chocobo patch before or after copying and pasting hte version 1.02 patch files to the directory?

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2008-06-16 23:13:14 »
Don't copy and paste anything. Uninstall the game an reinstall into an entirely new directory. Do everything fresh.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2008-06-17 17:10:40 »
You DO have to copy and paste the 1.02 patch files into your directory though. ;-)

But anyways, I would advise you to install the Chocobo patch, afterwards.

Apocesis

« Reply #231 on: 2008-07-19 19:49:52 »
 I downloaded the Sephiroth patch and followed all the instructions and the New Game/Continue screen, avatar, and the character running around are Sephiroth but in battle I am Cloud, any suggestions?

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2008-07-19 20:07:39 »
Any suggestions?

.... Read the last post on the first page.

Fermy

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2008-08-02 11:24:25 »
Code: [Select]
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=819eb71415679b8219747bd91027d4dd2f007e24b9b9c693
New link, just incase

chaingang64

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2008-11-20 08:34:57 »
Hey if your still posting here I just wanted to ask a question

Im sort of confused about the instructions you set which was given in the Sephiroth patch installer, At one point you say this:

3) Run NPC RP v0.6.exe
4) Run The Sephiroth Patch.exe

When you say "RUN" do you mean just keep clicking next in the sephiroth patch exe? Im not sure what im supposed to do. One more thing iv'e never come across the Lgptools program so iv'e got absolutely no experience with that program, could you explain to me how I Create a new char.lgp useing lgptools and delete the char folder. That was also a step in the instructions doc.
This must make me sound like an idiot, but I dont have the my ff7 yet, but my friend is getting it for me, i'd just like to know before-hand. Thanks. ^_^
« Last Edit: 2008-11-20 09:27:55 by chaingang64 »

EmoSephy

« Reply #235 on: 2008-12-17 09:22:06 »
When i go to install the Sephiroth patch it keeps saying

This program cannot update the installed version of because of the following reason:

C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\fft.exe: unknown version.

And i've even installed the npc rc patch a few times and after the game starts and the train stops the screen goes black but when i open the menu then close it everything works fine but none of the graphics appear any different than before. I'm pretty sure i've installed the patch right.

not exactly sure what i'm supposed to do now to get the patch to work, if anyone has any suggestions i'd be more than happy to try them. Thank you.

« Last Edit: 2008-12-17 12:44:07 by EmoSephy »

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #236 on: 2008-12-17 16:40:43 »
If you've pirated the game, Thats probably why, and remember that this forum doesnt support "FF7 Ultima edition" or any other pirated version. however, im sure this isnt teh case, and if it isnt, i would reccomend renaming "fft.exe" to "ff7.exe"
if this doesnt solve the problem, try downloading the Latest, patached version of the exe as well as the config program located on the wiki, im sure.

other than that, i cant help ya:/

sandstone_cowboy

« Reply #237 on: 2009-01-05 22:36:30 »
hey ice. i was wondering if you would mind (re-?) posting a link to the newest version of the patch. thanks.

dark angel

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009-01-07 21:49:41 »
hey ice can u make a mod when cloud beets sephiroth and turns good

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2009-06-05 08:25:02 »
Sorry to disturb , but the link is not working

One Winged Dragon

« Reply #240 on: 2009-06-09 18:00:47 »
Excuse me, I was wondering are the sounds supposed to be buggy? I was going through the higher floors of the shinra building on disc one and instead of the sort of evil dread theme you get playing when Jenova breaks out (I know because I have this on PS1 as well as PC) it starts playing the chocobo theme, also during the boss fight on the elevator it plays no music but the victory fanfare keeps playing all through Rufus's battle and then only when you step back into the President's office afterwards does the boss theme begin playing.

I'm kind of new to using it on PC since I got it because my friends showed me the kinds of mods you can get for it such as this one and I don't know if I've done anything wrong I just followed the instructions. =/

Love the mod btw apart from the sound mix ups.

EDIT: Also the game crashes when you go down to the underground basement of the Shinra mansion during Cloud/Sephiroth's past and also the dialogue switches Sephiroth's replacement cloud's name quite alot between Sephiroth and Cloud.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-09 19:04:48 by One Winged Dragon »

sephy_forever19

« Reply #241 on: 2009-06-13 10:08:31 »
ok ppl, im literally right about to pull my head off, i need some truly in-depth instructions. I'm trying to install that seph patch (needless to say, ive been wanting to play as sephy for years like everyone and their g-ma), BUUUUTT Everytime I enstall the NPC RP patch, i always get this EXACT same error: ACFE.AKI CANNOT BE READ and I noticed two people have stated this issue with NO ONE posting up how to fix this. And before you tell me to uninstall and everything else, i should let you know that i have been trying to do this for 3 SOLID DAYS. if ANYONE can help solve this stupid error PLEASE for the love of God, help me with it. I'm practically begging!!

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #242 on: 2009-06-13 10:17:40 »
there are some threads that are named like that or something... something about the ACFE.AKI or something... u should do a search on that file name and u should get some results or somethin im sure

sephy_forever19

« Reply #243 on: 2009-06-13 10:25:40 »
i did but it came up with only one legit site that explained how to use lgp file fixers, but thats not the problem...the problem is when you nake your new char.lgp as the original, the error message occurs, but when i switched the char names back, it worked fine, minus the graphics change

sephy_forever19

« Reply #244 on: 2009-06-13 10:31:43 »
And i am PRETTY sure im doing something wrong while doing the first extracting and creating with the tool thingy (im terrible with remembering names of stuff) and thats why i need a completely detailed, laid-out instruction for retards on how to do it,  :-(

EDIT: THANK YOU to great sephiroth, now all my problems are fixed :D Let me know when the next version comes out!!!!
« Last Edit: 2009-06-13 21:16:17 by sephy_forever19 »

sladevi

« Reply #245 on: 2009-08-10 04:24:43 »
First off, much thanks to ice cold and all, the NPC patches and this sephiroth patch are amazing stuff!

It looks like this has taken a back seat because ice cold is busy with the NPC patch, which is cool, but I had a couple things to add.

First, for what it's worth, I am using this sephiroth patch with the high res patch and it appears to be working fine.  It isn't super simple though as it stands.  In case others are curious how:  I installed ff7 full, updated to v1.02, installed high res patch, installed YAMP, installed high quality cloud mod, installed NPC RP.  Then I reverted to 1.02 ff7.exe in order to install ice cold's sephiroth patch.  Then I used a binary diff tool to see all the changes the sephiroth patch made to the ff7.exe and made the same changes to the fully modified ff7.exe -- there aren't too many changes to make.  It appears to be working fine.

So in the end it is possible though not easy.

Second, I managed to fix some of sephiroth's missing animations, using a hex editor, this handy guide: http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Battle/Battle_Animation_(PC), and Kimera to verify.  If/when Kimera is updated to be able to copy an entire animation into an empty or filled animation slot, it will be much easier.  As it is though, I now have an sada file that fixes the following animations:

1. wounded - I copied over anim0, normal battle stance so he just stands upright as normal (sephy's too strong to show he's wounded :-))
6. death - I removed the existing animation (which was the casting animation for some reason...) so now he looks like he's on the ground (same thing as wounded animation in the normal patch).  It doesn't look quite right but at least he's on the ground.
8. cover - stole a frame from the miss animation to make quite a nice cover animation.  The position isn't quite right though since the original was designed for him to be standing in his normal spot, not in front of someone -- but it still works well.
15. get hit - copied the animation from when an enemy misses seph (he no longer looks invincible like he does with the normal patch)

screenshots: http://bin.mypage.sk/FILES/seph_anim.JPG

I think those are all the low hanging fruit.  Beyond that it will require actually editing the animations and creating new ones.  The two main ones I wanted to fix but wasn't able to were slash-all and use item.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-10 05:05:08 by sladevi »

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2009-08-10 08:04:03 »
hey sladevi  i was working to make something like that but i didnt have good result, could you send me by email or by a link your animation file for sephy
Good work with that, but i wonder how did you add a  animation

hope you will send your link, i will be happy with that

thanks in advance,

Great Sephiroth

ps: maybe if  someone is interested i have edit the original Sephiroth into the one from the final battle(hi res) ask me if you want it  8-) , of course if it does not break any rules
« Last Edit: 2009-08-10 08:11:30 by Great Sephiroth »

sladevi

« Reply #247 on: 2009-08-10 18:09:10 »
Ok, I guess I can put the sada file on the same server I put the screenshots on, after work tonight -- I'm not really sure what the rules are regarding distributing modified game files like that, but seems like it should be ok.

I think I'll post more details about how I did it on the Kimera thread in case it helps there.

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2009-08-10 18:12:15 »
ok ill go look in the kimera thread if you can tell me how you did that ill be happy :P

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009-08-11 02:00:05 »
Just tried the download but, File is Missing??