Author Topic: Site Browser Cache Issue  (Read 1519 times)

saftle

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
Site Browser Cache Issue
« on: 2013-08-12 18:36:21 »
I couldn't login for weeks thinking that my IP was mistakenly banned because I couldn't see anything on the site other than the following error message: "Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum! This ban is not set to expire".

After almost giving up, I tried IE and realized that it was only when using my Firefox browser.

After clearing the cache, I can visit the site again. I hope I was the only one having this issue because I'm sure a lot of people would just assume that the site either doesn't work or they have been banned.

As a quick fix, I would maybe edit the error message to say something like "If you believe this to be an error, please clear your browser cache".
« Last Edit: 2013-08-12 18:41:09 by saftle »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • The Great Redarr.
    • View Profile
Re: Site Browser Cache Issue
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-12 22:17:15 »
You wouldn't happen to know what your IP address was at the time, would you? We may have IP-banned a dynamic IP belonging to an ISP that rotates them between its users. If this is the case, everyone with that ISP is basically playing Russian Roulette with being banned. I will definitely look into this.

edit: Upon further inspection, it might be an issue with CloudFlare. I'll bring this up with folk who have a bit more ability to fix it than I do.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-12 22:29:05 by Covarr the Proud Fanboy »

Rundas

• Freak
  • What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Re: Site Browser Cache Issue
« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-13 00:57:31 »
Must have been scary :o