Author Topic: Upscale Pack  (Read 5028 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Upscale Pack
« on: 2018-10-05 21:49:11 »
I took some time and upscaled all the battle backgrounds with letsenhance. Here it is

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-QUzZtNNZa5aHZSd1pabl9qSWs

Consider this a v1 as i have not tested all these files so i will wait for the bugs to pour in

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Re: Upscale Pack
« Reply #1 on: 2018-10-20 12:26:29 »
The resize itself isn't bad, on some scenes it's great, but the transparency is bad.
On most fields the transparency is not cut out.
In FF7 only pure back is transparent, so all the 'almost black' pixel are shown.
Also FF7 don't use half-transparent pixels, they're shown as full opaque pixel.
The only way to realy have correct tranparency is to:
1)extract .tex from lpg
2)convert .tex to png
3)select transparency in png and fill it with full black (#000000)
4)uspscale
5)in upscaled pictures cut out the pixel witch need to be transparents

parts 3 and 5 can be automated with imagemagik and some scripting (or programming), i've done it this way when i upscaled the game textures with waifu

thanks for your works

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-10-20 15:27:33 »
FF7 can infact have semi transparency. I have personally imported a model of the Brotherhood from FFX, with transparent blade. The method to do it was a bit annoying. Have to set transparency in gimp and in blender before converting the files back to p. then play around in kimera a bit and youll eventually get a decent result. The same can be done for battles, which I will be doing once I get around to fixing/enhancing my current work.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-10-20 15:29:52 »
FF7 can infact have semi transparency. I have personally imported a model of the Brotherhood from FFX, with transparent blade. The method to do it was a bit annoying. Have to set transparency in gimp and in blender before converting the files back to p. then play around in kimera a bit and youll eventually get a decent result. The same can be done for battles, which I will be doing once I get around to fixing/enhancing my current work.

I am looking forward to the completion of your excellent work, UpRisen!

What you have done so far is astounding and I wish you continued success!

Cheers!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-10-20 16:24:39 »
FF7 can in fact have semi transparency. I have personally imported a model of the Brotherhood from FFX, with transparent blade. The method to do it was a bit annoying. Have to set transparency in gimp and in blender before converting the files back to p. then play around in kimera a bit and youll eventually get a decent result. The same can be done for battles, which I will be doing once I get around to fixing/enhancing my current work.

That doesn't count for the backgrounds. There are layers which simply have no transparency and only opaque or not opaque are possible. The effect layers can be transparent, BUT only if they have no changing in the transparency - the game actually reduce the brightness of a pallet, else it can't be displayed due to the bigger pallet of the upscaled texture. Though, Aali's driver has generally a problem to replace these textures correctly, even if you replace them with the default resolution.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-10-21 02:19:40 »
Its possible that the upscaler didnt account for transparency properly. I will look into it when i am back