Author Topic: Doh! - Minor problem I'm probably the only one who cares about.  (Read 6305 times)

Tsetra

• View Profile
Well after talking to Synergy Blades via email about Meteor, it appears he's simply too busy with too many things to work with Meteor for the foreseeable future. Right now the only problem this causes is I can't restore the option Cloud would have in CARGOIN (where he jumps into the train after escaping the guards at the beginning) after Jessie thanked him. This would have led into a couple more dummied lines. Nothing huge but, I'm pretty bummed about it.
Worst case scenario, a vital field file somewhere in the future won't open. In all of Midgar, CARGOIN was my only problem, so that's good at least. On that note, almost all of the first four scenes in the game itself has been revised to match the script I sent out. I still need to finalize the Honey Bee Inn and I'll send out that script, and then it's just a matter of trying to reconstruct the cutscenes missing entirely. After working awhile, I've been able to get the NPCs on the field to run around, so after I figure out how the scripts work together I should be able to post some nice YouTube videos  :-)
« Last Edit: 2008-09-22 13:32:41 by Tsetra »

Graycascade

A Youtube video would be fantastic since I don't actually have the game for PC and can't see the demo I received via email.

Tsetra

• View Profile
I apologize about that. I believe Mesden just sent everyone on the team an email with a link to the demo. My computer wasn't picking it up in hypercam or FRAPS for some reason, but I got around that now. You're not the only person who can't run FF7 so I'll keep that in mind.

Calavera

I used Camstudio to capture. Unfortunately it could not capture audio simultaneously, so I just recorded the audio simultaneously in another program and overlaid the two.

Graycascade

I apologize about that. I believe Mesden just sent everyone on the team an email with a link to the demo. My computer wasn't picking it up in hypercam or FRAPS for some reason, but I got around that now. You're not the only person who can't run FF7 so I'll keep that in mind.

No worries :-D.  I don't know what I'm gonna do when the game is finished...it would suck to pay $40+ for a used 10 year old game I've already beaten.  I'll probably just try find someone I know who has it and borrow it.

Tsetra

• View Profile
It's definitely worth your money to get, especially if you haven't beaten it in awhile. The mods can make it totally worth it if you add them in carefully.
I haven't had the time to mess with the FF7 script in awhile, so I'm really not too much further than I was before. I restored the bit where Jessie elaborates on the train operation while looking at the video on the train, and made a few more adjustments to Honey Bee Inn. But other than this, I've been caught up in real life too much. Maybe when dziugo releases his program I'll get off my ass and get motivated to focus what free time I've got on FF7 again.

Graycascade

It's definitely worth your money to get, especially if you haven't beaten it in awhile. The mods can make it totally worth it if you add them in carefully.

Is it too early to say yet if this mod will be stackable with other mods on this site and elsewhere?

Tsetra

• View Profile
As it stands right now there won't be a compatibility issue with anything else at all, so you can stack away. I ran the original program (no longer being used) with the high-res patch, 9999 limit breaking, chocobo patch, transparent dialog windows, NPC-RP/PRP, even FF7Music and had no problems whatsoever. Given, the final release program will be completely different, but I still can't see there being a problem.

The only thing that could possibly cause a problem is something that alters the dialog on the levels. So if you use modified spell names and weapons, that's cool.