Author Topic: PSX/PSP Sephiroth and Shinra MOD  (Read 91263 times)

ocete9

• View Profile
Re: PSX/PSP Sephiroth and Shinra MOD
« Reply #100 on: 2014-04-28 18:28:26 »
I write in spanish:

Soy un usuario español de este foro yo estoy jugando al hack en la version usa y algunas escenas se congelan aora mismo me paso cuando hay que luchar contra reno y secuestran a aerith y tambien me a pasado en el flasback de cloud me ayudado del black chocobo para poder seguir jugando pero haciendo otra vez el proceso del mod esas dos escenas no me van aora mismo solo esas dos si me pasara en alguna mas lo notificare pero Jeet usted no puede hacerlo en pmf para que sea para todos mas facil de aplicar y otra cosa no podria arreglar el pelo de sephitoth , Red Xiii ya vi que estaba modificado pero no podria sustituir a caithsith por palmer fuera de la batalla estaria mejor y aver si podria poner en el mapa a elena en vez de a tifa y una cosa no podria sustitutuir en los enemigos sephiroth por cloud,rufus por cid y etc, asin los buenos serian malos y los malos buenos asin el mod estaria mejor es solo una idea y mi otra pregunta e probado el mod en el juegos en español pero no funciona asin que me gustaria preguntar si podrian decirme las herramientas que hayan usado y explicarme un poco y asin yo crear un mod para la version española

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2014-04-30 00:21:58 »
@Meesbaker

I will post the list and the locations of the animations , when i will have time for it since i really dont remember well, i think i noted this somewhere, i ll make u know in the week.

PS: thx for the dark nation skin , thats good , but i already created a skin for him after i made the video, ( i just recolored red 13 in black and grey) but if ur skin is more than a recolor then i will include it in my mod , can u send me a screen shot of it? thks.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2014-04-30 00:59:13 »
Nah its just a recolor as well. If you found all  main rgbs and gave them slightly different black/grey tones including the yellow rings on his legs your recolor is just as good as mine. I also didnt invest more than 2 minutes in it as recoloring bcxs is very simple.

I just thought you didnt know that yet as your video did not include a colored nanaki yet, but now you cleared things up. ;)

The animation data is interesting but currently I don't need it THAT much anymore. No hurry, just do it when you're bored or so. As I wanted to get omnislash and all other Limit Breaks of Cloud working perfectly with Sephiroth for my patch, I tried putting Sephs body parts onto Clouds skeleton just like we did for the field models and I succeeded.

Sephiroth now uses all of Clouds animations and weapons perfectly, first time I saw a proper Seph- omnislash. I swapped Buster Sword for Masamune and created a similar model with Clouds parts on Sephs skeleton and that worked as well.
I left one half of Sephs cape on Clouds leg and colored it dark blue which looks a bit AC-styled and totally great. Ill do some screenies tomorrow so you know what Im talkin about. Im also nearly done replacing the villain by Cloud in the Fields to have a full role swap.

P.S. Why no Palmer in the Fields? Cant you just place his parts on Caith Siths skeleton getting a bcx model that works with CS animations? If you have problems I can try helping out on that.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-30 01:03:28 by meesbaker »

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2014-04-30 16:44:07 »
Here's what Im talking about

« Last Edit: 2014-04-30 16:49:55 by meesbaker »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2014-05-01 04:54:53 »
Hey Cloud look cool like this ,  like the AC version

I wanted to modify cloud field model too, and even swap the turks field model for  the avalanche team, but it was too much work, since the field model of the turks and sephiroth are included in the BSX and not in the BCS, it mean u have to modify them in every BSX files of the game ( and there is a lot of them)

For palmer, i couldnt do it cuz cait sith skeleton is very odd, dont fit for an human body, u can give it a try, but if u sucess it make me know, its the only character who dont have a field model and i must admit its kinda frustrating lol.

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2014-05-01 10:18:38 »
Great job meesbaker, Sephirot short hair is cool, i have a question, is possible added new model with the size is larger than te original file?
Thanks, if you need help let me know.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2014-05-01 11:36:25 »
Yeah this can be done as long as it fits in the sector. If it doesnt you must change the lba pointer in battle.x and put your file elsewhere.

Ill try Palmer today.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #107 on: 2014-06-08 08:13:13 »
Hey, how would you be able to get this mod working on the PSP with just an eboot file?

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2014-06-13 17:59:52 »
You must extract the ISO from your eboot, then patch it and repack it to an eboot.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2014-10-04 02:06:54 »
The new version is UP

There is many changes and the mod have been totally reworked

New characters and features

Its now an automatic installation, very easy to use

Everything is explained in the first page

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14507.0

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2014-10-04 02:15:53 »
Hey, great work my friend :)
Glad to see you switched to ppfs as well and on the model I guess you fulfilled your plan and took out the broken animations? So you also have the hair now don't you ? Great stuff mate!

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2014-10-04 02:20:54 »
Thx :)

Yes i thought ppf was complicated to use but in fact its very easy, that changes everything

I just put the real sephiroth model, thats why he have his hair, i changed every dat file so they fit with sephiroth's bones and part, and changed certain animation in the BSX, thats was a lot of works but i really wanted a decent model for sephiroth he look really much cooler like this, there was many other changed that was needed too ( specially the freezes that happened in battle randomly, it took me many days to solve this)

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2014-10-04 02:27:14 »
I just finished watching your video it is real cool! I hope you didnt edit each .dat by hand you asked me for the bsx files but for the .dat you would only have needed sed because you just search 00160f and change it to 151810(or 001810 if you switched the faces in field.tdb)

I did this as well for the 16 parts patch and the part working the .dat files was just a single sed command fixing all 770 files at once I hope you didnt do that with a hex editor :D :D

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2014-10-04 02:34:46 »
 :/ Unfortunally i did it manually, i have thought about asking your automatic modifier, but i finally renonced because 80% of the DAT contain cloud's original animations, so i didnt just modified the number of bones and parts, but changed cloud's animation too ( if i modified only the number of bones and part sephiroth would display cloud's field animation and many glitches)

Thats why it took me so much time now i can finally breath lol

EDIT: thats why the "glitch" on makou reactor was really annoying, if makou reactor could work for PSX, i could just modify every animation with the program, save it ( so no need to re insert everything) and then use your automatic program because the only thing left to modify in the dat would be the number of bones and parts

I forgot to mention for my manual method, about comparing an original DAT with a modified one with makou reactor, i didnt changed EVERY difference, otherwise the game would crashes too, i just modified the animations script section differences, all the rest is "bad "differences
« Last Edit: 2014-10-04 02:37:48 by Jeet »

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2014-10-04 02:43:04 »
Okay, great work again ;)

For the next time try this in cmd: FOR %f IN (myfolder/*) DO sed -b s/x00\x16\x0f\/x15\x18\x10/g %f > %f.NEW

:D

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2014-10-04 02:54:20 »
Thx you meesbaker  ;D but i think this will be my very last mod, it was really too much time consuming and i think i succeed everything i wanted exept the same thing that you are looking for : controlling the HD sephiroth/cloud from the final battle, i ll wait for your solo patch release the game could be interesting alone anyway

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2014-10-04 02:56:07 »
Yeah, thx. Im working hard to finish in a proper time! ;) By now I got most of midgar covered working pretty well.

GARDIN

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2015-01-04 14:04:47 »
Hello jeet There are problems in mod When applied to the two copies us I can not play gives me a black screen but

when you replace KERNEL.bin I can enter but give me another problem in the disappearance of players fighting So I

hope you give me a link to download the files but used manually Such as FF7 All Stars Mod To know where is the problem Sorry for the inconvenience  ;D

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2015-01-05 10:37:11 »
Hi, thats strange the patch have been tested many times and works,but ur the second person who have this problem now, verify you have a clean ISO of the us version, delete your saves and start a new one, and do  not use hack/editor.

Verify your pff apply, use the one from my link in the video.

If thats still doesnt works i cant give u the file one by one, since i modified something like 900 files in the game, thats why i created a patch for it. In that case u can try another emulator ( i tested this on PSP and emulator and have it works) of just use the old  all stars mod.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2015-01-06 21:25:19 »
Okay so how did you get supernova to work is it with Safer only?  We've been looking for a way to get it to work for awhile now on the pc for the Sephiroth swap mods as well.  We were thinking it was on the background or is this another one where it is really different between the two?

GARDIN

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2015-01-07 13:00:44 »
Hello I've put everything he has said on the original copy not Be did not work so I tried to copy fra end eng But the same problem with a copy us Please give me your copy with the name I carry For example (SCUS94163) Thank you for your effort jeet Returns psx Best.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2015-01-08 19:27:54 »
genesis> the supernova from the mod is the japanese version, usable in any background, for the "long" version it works only in spiral background , it can works everywhere if u modify the background to be spiral-like(only one value to change), but the look is awful

gardin> sorry i dont understand this patch work on my game and its the US version, its a simple application so i dont understand why its not working for you

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2015-01-08 21:19:34 »
Ah so how did you obtain the Jap version is it easy to come by or do you need to some how get your hands on it?

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2015-01-09 10:55:41 »
for the psx version the spell is located in the magic folder, its called something like " lastboss1 , lastboss2 lastboss3" ( not sure, its been long time) one of them is stigma (this one is hackable via wallmarket) the other one is the japanese supernova, not hackable on wallmarket so u need to manually swap this file with another, for example, i swaped supernova with pandorabox, in the magic folder, note that unlike the longer version of supernova its located into all 3 disc in magic folder , so its usable for all disc

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2015-01-12 18:27:07 »
Hey Jeet

when someone uses the sephiorth level 1 limit break

heartless angel on your mod, it locks up the game

is it spose to do that

thanks