Author Topic: [FF7PC] APZ Cloud (Re-Release FINAL)  (Read 83422 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [REL] !!!!APZ Cloud!!!! ~*]--(RE--RELEASE!!!)--[*~
« Reply #25 on: 2012-08-22 06:10:54 »
You're doing another Cloud? I haven't read the OPs in a while, so what exactly is that one for?

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012-08-22 07:34:24 »
Read the first post in the "APZ New Canon Cloud" Thread: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11083.0

It's going to be a completely different and new Cloud made by me with the knowledge and skills I have accrued at Art School studying Media Arts and Animation. When I made APZ Cloud... that was the first character model I EVER made... And NOW I'm twelve times the digital artist I was back then.

So... Whoever locked it must have thought I meant the thread to be about the re-release of APZ Cloud... Nope... It was an after-thought to hold people until I get around to making "New Canon Cloud" (Which hopefully won't be too long, we'll see)

But I'd like to store my progress in that thread, otherwise it's kind of a huge waste of a thread, that's interesting, but only there to prematurely announce my after-thought of repainting the texture for APZ Cloud. I didn't "remake" APZ Cloud... He exists exactly the way he was in the download I set up in 2008, only with minor fixes to him and the same texture with a face I painted from scratch...

So... If a mod would be so kind as to unlock that thread I'm not done with it yet  :D Pretty please? And if not, for whatever reason... I'll just go ahead and make a new one I suppose...?

<Another note>

I POSTED THE FINAL RELEASE

That's it... I will NOT work on APZ Cloud anymore...

Well Squall8Cloud7... I couldn't get your edit to work without each battle starting with red letters saying "ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T09" over the battle dialogue... So sorry man  :| I didn't include that fix of your in the final release. But if you make a thread detailing what to do... I think that would benefit anyone wanting to use other weapon packs with my model!  ;) So it's not all bad buddy. But thanks for trying.

But I DID fix the thing that bothered me about the pelvis piece  :D That's it folks!

Look forward to New Canon Cloud  ;D I'm almost positive that he'll be less popular and definitely less infamous... But it's alright. I WANT to do it... And he'll look amazing! Look to the future, not at the past...

"To infinity... and BEYOND!"

</Another note>
« Last Edit: 2012-08-22 09:13:33 by apz freak »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012-08-22 08:12:37 »
APZ Cloud Re-Release FINAL

---- Download Mirror 1
---- Download Mirror 2

--Message to mods: Don't lock this thread yet! At least wait until it's been dead for a while. And if possible... UNlock the New Canon Cloud thread... Because it's not finished yet... It's barely started project-wise--
« Last Edit: 2012-08-22 10:23:49 by apz freak »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: [REL] APZ Cloud (Re-Release FINAL)
« Reply #28 on: 2012-08-22 11:00:53 »
Such a wonderful "wake up" with updates! I've been monitoring your Canon Cloud since a long time... go for it! I think the missing texture thing is normal...
« Last Edit: 2012-08-22 11:12:48 by Leonhart7413 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: 2012-08-22 16:03:45 »
Hey APZ, I am wondering....

With your focus now on the New Canon Cloud, do you think you will ever do a New Canon Tifa/Barret/Aeris/Yuffie/Cait/Red/Vincent/Cid ? No single artist/team has ever worked on all the Main Characters before, and it would be neat and innovative to see a project like that. Currently, mods for main characters don't match in art style between the different artists who do them individually.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #30 on: 2012-08-22 18:12:01 »
That would be wonderful!!!

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012-08-22 21:53:47 »
I'll leave that one for you guys  :) There's only so much I can do. And I have college to graduate from, a portfolio to fill, and a career to start. I don't have time to do the other characters even though I want to.

If I do another character it'll be Sephiroth.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 2012-08-22 22:25:30 »
You are doing the right thing with college and your career. I remember the days when I had no free time due to my studies, so I understand. Good luck to you sir  :)

magochocobo

• View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #33 on: 2012-08-22 23:08:50 »
Thanks for this new model!!!
:)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #34 on: 2012-08-22 23:20:59 »
alright ill do a quick step by step process. btw apz i apologize if i was disrespectful and rude on your threads or by pm. i tried with my changes no error. my guess is you copy and pasted the files in with yours after you fixed the belt thing with your model.

by default a character battle model only allows the use of 2 textures. 2 textures is very limiting with the wide variety of weapons and models available. the max is 10. even if youre only going to use 5 textures set it to 10 because there are no negatives in doing so. in kimera you will get error messages if you dont have a texture file in each spot but they wont mean anything.  itll say it cant load a certain texture file but if you arent using a texture in that spot its perfectly fine. paraphrase. "i cant find the thing your not using"

Code: [Select]
open pcreator
click options
click battle model
click file
click open battle hrc
go into the folder where the model is saved and open the hrc in this case there are two hrcs because cloud uses two battle models in the game. the hrc files are RTAA and SIAA
a window will pop up that says "set the number of battle textures please enter a positive integer" type 10
click ok
repeat the last couple steps for the second hrc
your done you can close pcreator

CHANGING TEX ID FOR THIS NEXT PART TO WORK YOU HAVE TO DO THE STEPS ABOVE OR IT WONT LOAD THE TEXTURE
the buster model as it is now is not compatible with millenias weapons. if you try to use them together apz's buster or the rest of millenias will fail. the reason why is they have the same texture id, tex id1 or rtad. so when used they both look for their texture in the same place. if you use apz's cloud and buster when you install millenias weapons (except for millenias buster)  millenias texture will overwrite apz's texture for his sword. so now when apz's sword loads its texture itll be using millenias texture file and look all funky. the only way to fix this is to change the tex id of the weapons. its faster and easier to change it on a single sword than 16 swords. step by step how to change tex id. i recommend using tex id 5. heres a link to my playlist going through the whole process. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB12DCEA5B3EAC475&feature=plcp

Code: [Select]
open biturn
find your files
convert rtck to a .3ds
convert rtad to a .bmp
close biturn
in your file browser copy and paste rtad (the original file not the .bmp)to make an extra.
rename the extra from "rtad" to "rtah" rtah is the file for tex id5
you need these 3 files. rtck.3ds, rtad.bmp, and rtah. sometimes biturn wont name the file correctly but its easier to keep track of if you make sure name matches or make sure you know what these 2 fies are called

open pcreator
open rtck.3ds in pcreator
at the top last option on the right is a dropdown list click it
click rtck - 0
click options
click battle model
click view
click uv coords
click the box for flip y
exit the window
click file
click open bitmap
open rtad.bmp
click edit
click texture id
window pops us. type 5
click ok
save the model as rtck
close pcreator
copy the rtck you just saved and rtah into the folder with apz's model. over write any files.
open kimera
open apz's cloud model.
his buster sword will be huge this is normal. it should also be textured.
double click the huge sword
window pops up. resize x, y, and z type 10 for all three. rotate on z axis type 180
click apply changes.
click save model.
save it as rtaa.
save again this time as siaa.
if done correctly the sword will use texture id5 and use rtah instead of rtad. the files you changed would be rtck and rtah. also sick and siah.

apz with your permission. ill upload the the sword with the tex id changed. the files included would be rtck,rtah, sick and siah. then you can include the link in your OP. theres not point in people having to do this lengthy process

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012-08-22 23:31:27 »
Again thanks guys  :) And Squall8Cloud7 don't worry I'm not offended. I just don't think it'd be a good idea to release my work if it's trying to open other weapon mods that aren't in the download package I provided them. If they use my mod, and no others, that message would show up.

I suggest posting this little tutorial you just wrote on a new thread. But if you please not upload the entire package, just the sword with ID changed for your tutorial  :) I think people would appreciate that.

I assume allot of people that download it aren't a part of this forum and don't know most of this stuff. I'd rather make a simpler product that doesn't confuse the casual downloader.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-22 23:33:05 by apz freak »

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012-08-23 00:04:40 »
here you go. .zip contains a readme, texture, and model with new tex id.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13492.0
« Last Edit: 2012-08-23 11:24:26 by squall8cloud7 »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012-08-23 05:54:34 »
here you go. .zip contains a readme, texture, and model with new tex id.

I appreciate it bro ;) But I'll be honest... I myself may never use it. If you would be so kind as to not have that link in this thread and create your own post for it please.

On another note APZ Cloud has been downloaded almost 200 times since I released him 2 days ago
« Last Edit: 2012-08-23 08:56:19 by apz freak »

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012-08-23 11:13:20 »
the field model i converted has been downloaded 60 times. in the next day or 2 ill change the hips to the new ones and update the link. ill remove the link as well and put it in the same thread as above

KuroiNeko94

« Reply #39 on: 2012-08-24 14:41:13 »
This is an epic work of art.  Like you apz freak I'm an art student and your work on the apz cloud models for a game such as this is really quite inspiring.  And I'd like to thank your for such a great model and wish you the best with your future studies and career! 
I'm new at this (modding) soooo, I'm not quite sure if this is possible or not but would it be possible to make a patch file for all of Cloud's Weapons using your Buster Sword?  This way your great design/concept of the Buster Sword won't go to waste as soon as you get a better weapon for him :| 

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012-08-24 14:49:37 »
its being worked on to make an installer for clouds weapons. Iu bootleg definately. Idk about standalone or umi. Endgoal is mix and match diffent weapons from each set.

KuroiNeko94

« Reply #41 on: 2012-08-24 16:35:15 »
Whoa, wait sorry I just got confused for a second there, please don't mind any stupidity from me as I'm completely unaware of this whole modding scene.  So what you just told me is that if I bootleg configure my FF7 install I'm able to use apz freak's Buster Sword image as the image for all of Cloud's weapons?

freshness82

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012-08-24 19:00:17 »
I likewise wouldn't mind use the apz buster sword texture in place of every cloud sword in the game, and it would probably be as easy as copying the apz buster sword file and renaming it to individually replace all the other sword files. There might be a bit more work than that, make sure they are all pulling the right textures, but I think it would give the intended effect.

Does anyone know all the file names for the different swords? I assume they are in the battleLGP? That would be a tremendous help to anyone who just wants to do this kind of mod for themselves.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012-08-24 20:21:41 »
i misunderstood your question. No bootleg doesnt do that. To use the apz buster sword for all models there are 2 methods. The buster sword is rtck. Copy and paste it so u have 16 total. Rename them from rtck to rtcz.. Dump ur battle lgp, add them,then encode the lgp. The model decides the texture and because they would all b the same model they pull their texture from the same place. method 2 is with wall market. Load ur kernel. Go to the weapons tab. Tell all the weapons to use the first model.

Kuraudo-Sutoraifu

• Not interested..
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012-08-31 07:19:50 »
Hi Mr. Apz. I'm a noob on this stuff.. Just asking, does this mod includes the sword? I think it looks like from Millenia+Mike cloud sword.

Thanks for this anyway.  :)

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012-08-31 08:03:43 »
:) This download comes with the sword I made for it. It's in the screenshots on the first post of this thread  :D

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012-09-02 05:01:48 »
where are you found this tifa model i want it:O:P lol

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #47 on: 2012-09-02 14:40:55 »

Desktop Background 2560X1440

It has become my wallpaper too ;)

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2012-09-03 22:05:37 »
what are the differences for this model and your previous? i know face texture is different but are the uvs and actual model the same

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2012-09-03 23:29:22 »
It is absolutely the exact same files that I released originally. Only this time I updated the entire texture to a 24bit bitmap and repainted the face. Also I fixed an issue with mirrored UVs on the pelvis piece, but that's it.