Author Topic: [FF8PC-2013 + Remastered-2019] HorizonPack: Remastered - World Texture Overhaul  (Read 278525 times)

oizirbaffo

• View Profile
hi! seems that the hashmap link for tonberry 1.6 doesn't work...

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
hi! seems that the hashmap link for tonberry 1.6 doesn't work...

Wow, thanks for letting me know! Link fixed!  You can also always find it in the Tonberry 1.6 thread below the main post

oizirbaffo

• View Profile
Wow, thanks for letting me know! Link fixed!  You can also always find it in the Tonberry 1.6 thread below the main post

thanks to you for your work! i recently learned about this forum and the gorgeous work you all guys are doing for this beautiful game, and now i restarted the story with your mods! i hope to see in future a texture upgrade for characters and maybe, just maybe, to play with the complete voiceover project XD

Riketz Karlom

• View Profile
Just created an account to let you know that the ad.fly links on all of your stuff are giving a "link deleted" message. Found this site through your YouTube channel, and am hoping to play FF8 as enhanced as possible. Your work is amazing.

Edit : Realized it was the fault of an anti-linkbucks plugin for Chrome. Disabled all kinds of stuff, as this is obviously something I want to support.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-19 02:47:17 by Riketz Karlom »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Just created an account to let you know that the ad.fly links on all of your stuff are giving a "link deleted" message. Found this site through your YouTube channel, and am hoping to play FF8 as enhanced as possible. Your work is amazing.

Edit : Realized it was the fault of an anti-linkbucks plugin for Chrome. Disabled all kinds of stuff, as this is obviously something I want to support.

Thank you very much!  I'm sorry it wasn't working for you. I thought it was a redirecting problem on my side, so I've fixed that :)  Thanks for your support!

rufoos

• View Profile
sky in world
wm_worldsky_13,9223372036446845695
https://yadi.sk/d/IwvM4HdgfSGz2
before

after

DarkMatta

• View Profile
I don't know if anyone else is has this issue but some of the textures are playing up. I'm not sure if this is an issue where I've gone wrong somewhere or otherwise. I've screenshot them for you.

The textures on the hexagons are either missing or out of place.

These two, the textures dont appear to be aligned.

Rufus

• View Profile
is it my understanding that you have retextured the whole map but all the towns and areas look the same except for balamb?

just trying to understand your wording that you had in the start of the thread.

what about things like flying gardens, trains etc.

i'd love to see more screenshots of all these things.

I think you have done a great job so far.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
is it my understanding that you have retextured the whole map but all the towns and areas look the same except for balamb?

just trying to understand your wording that you had in the start of the thread.

what about things like flying gardens, trains etc.

i'd love to see more screenshots of all these things.

I think you have done a great job so far.

I retextured Balamb - the entire first continent, but NOT Balamb Garden or Balamb Town.  The rest of the map has been given a 4x upscale (pretty much like Omzy's Project Eden).   Crestian and I were working on a Balamb Garden, and he has a version of Ragnarok that's pretty sweet.   I'd actually love to retexture the rest of the world at some point, but currently, I'm working hard on my own textures for a project that demands most of my time.

Rufus

• View Profile
oh right I see, but don't the other continents use the same grass and mountains anyway?

well, anyway the custom textures made a huge difference, do you have a screenshot of the other continents which just got an upscale, as you know ff8 had that wierd overworld map problem where you could see deviders all the time, maybe you mod would fix that, I don't know.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Actually all of the continents have different textures,  which makes them feel 'unique'.  I don't have time for screen shots today but if anyone else out there has some,  pls share!  :)

Sammy_Kneen

• View Profile
I don't know if anyone else is has this issue but some of the textures are playing up. I'm not sure if this is an issue where I've gone wrong somewhere or otherwise. I've screenshot them for you.

Hey, I have this problem too, with what appears to be white 'seam's where the textures join, did you manage to find a fix?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora

Hey, I have this problem too, with what appears to be white 'seam's where the textures join, did you manage to find a fix?

Hm.  I think I can fix that yellow/white line artifact, but the hexagons of Balamb being crappy is actually an issue with the original PC game walkmesh.  They don't look like that at -all- in the textures, but when they get placed on the towns, they have strange seams.  Actually, I think the UV is off for the entire game.

I'll release an update with the 'line' fix asap.

Athelias

• View Profile
Any way to use the upscaled Balamb continent instead of the one you created? I rather have it all original and upscaled instead of having only one continent done. It would also be good to know in case of other glitches.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-21 03:36:59 by Athelias »

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
*bump* is there any progress on this fix?

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
I like it, but it feels a bit laggy sometimes.

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile

For future reference, this is a UV mapping issue... not an issue with Mcindus' work. Luckily there is a fix here!

Anywho, I'm having an issue with the railroad tracks by Balamb (haven't checked the other continents yet). It seems the "straight" pieces of track still have the old texture. It's strange because the "junction" piece works perfect... even the "straight" peices that connect the "junction" to the "train station" in Balamb are the new texture. Is this a hashing issue? I know the texture is there, I even double checked the tile sheet (wm_texpg2_13). I've tried even resetting my computer if this was just a fluke.

« Last Edit: 2015-10-18 03:10:04 by Cities.Burn.Quick »

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I believe the tracks were started on, but aren't finished as of yet.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I believe the tracks were started on, but aren't finished as of yet.

Exactly. I wasn't going to work on them until a UV patch - and now that it's out, I have a couple of small fixes to make to keep things seamless and can finally finish the roads/tracks

Sefirosu

• Finding out just how far down the rabbit hole goes
    • View Profile
As messaged to MCINDUS:

The yellow seam (on land) and the tree seem were indeed UV issues, if you patch properly they will disappear. HOWEVER, they will be replaced with this on every land mass.

HAPPY HUNTING MCINDUS :P

Aktulu

• View Profile
Why am I unable to download the HorizonPack v2.1? I click on the link and and it brings me to the adfy site then redirects me to 13tomidnight, but the site never loads and stays blank. Am i missing something here? Is there another place to download this from?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel

Aktulu

• View Profile
Your answer is here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16790.0

Darn, okay thanks for the heads up. I'll be waiting for Mcindus to reup them.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Links are alive again!!  Sorry about the wait!

JediSquall

• View Profile
Hi McIndus !

I am a great fan of your work on FF8.
I was wondering if you were planning to release an upscaled version of the Balamb area : as much as I like the new textures, I would like to have the original upscaled ones and the possibility to make a choice, but I am not skilled enough to do it by myself (^^).

I also read some months ago that you were planning on releasing the Esthar area ? I have to admit that I am a bit lost between all these projects.

With many thanks,