Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079087 times)

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #300 on: 2008-10-05 19:05:17 »
Well I don't want to say its impossible but it seems as if you are not given much of a chance.  For example fighting the green dragon....with the enemies already having a ton of extra HP and then a ton extra because of the battle arena, and then the handicaps and having only one person, I can rarely win it seems.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #301 on: 2008-10-05 23:39:39 »
I must admit I never liked the battle arena. Well, it's fun once or twice but going on it forever is a pain. It's indeed a challenge in my mod if you're up for it, but if you want omnislash, w-magic and final attack without too much pain I suggest you just use the normal scene. Or cheat with jenova.  :evil:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2008-10-09 13:44:39 »
Inspired by some of the new bosses that have been created on this mod, I have pimped my Midgar Zolom:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gsH2lLrJ3Tk

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ1PfveXzgw

Questions and (constructive) comments welcome.

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2008-10-13 03:02:55 »
Good times...I just got done fighting emerald and ruby.  I didn't find emerald to be too bad but I may have been built up a bit too much.  As for ruby the fight was long and decent.  Final Attack/Revive, Counter/Mime, and Coin helped the most.  I think I could have sped up the battle by having a mastered cover materia on someone with counter/mime.  Towards the end I was worried because he used whirlsand on my mime(Tifa) but He was really close to death and didn't last much more.  I saw people talking about having to use Pandora's Box like 200 times or something but thats more like the old Ruby.  This one has less magic defense so Ultima and Star Dust did good damage.  On to Sephiroth!!!

EDIT:  To LKM....I checked out the Zolom and it looked pretty beefy.  I don't know if he needs to be that powerful but for fun its not too bad.

EDIT2:

you are right , KOTR sucks , 255 magic and they can't even deal 6k damage. Double cut is better , lol
  With MP Turbo I got mine to do a little over 9k per hit :D
« Last Edit: 2008-10-13 03:08:32 by Auraplatonic »

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2008-10-13 05:27:25 »
Something interesting happened.   When fighting safer sephiroth, he used shield.  I then used coin for 30k damage and then he instantly died.(the first hit!)  I checked in the scene file to see he was supposed to have 1mil hp but ingame that didn't seem to be the case.  Bizarro did have decent hp but I don't think it was anywhere near the 800k the scene says either.  Anyway could this be something on my end?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2008-10-13 13:36:19 »
Yeah, my Midgardsorm is supposed to be an optional boss that the player can fight on disc three. I liked the idea of having a few enemies which are too hard to fight first time around that the player can go back to and beat later in the game. I haven't beaten him yet, but I think it should be possible to win without *too* much trouble.

The Midgar Zolom is perfect for this because it is a completely optional fight and because the player can fight him over and over again; Sephiroth's power is also highlighted by the fact that he can beat him on his own.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-13 13:39:31 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #306 on: 2008-10-15 09:44:42 »
Something interesting happened.   When fighting safer sephiroth, he used shield.  I then used coin for 30k damage and then he instantly died.(the first hit!)  I checked in the scene file to see he was supposed to have 1mil hp but ingame that didn't seem to be the case.  Bizarro did have decent hp but I don't think it was anywhere near the 800k the scene says either.  Anyway could this be something on my end?

It was a mistake in the AI. Do you have the newest scene? See page 1.

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2008-10-18 17:58:48 »
Oh that makes sense.  I feel like a noob lol.  I had to reinstall ff7 and just put in the org mod install and forgot to update.  Anyway I managed to beat safer sephiroth after a couple tries and I was very impressed with the difficulty.  I felt him to be harder than the weapons as he should be.  My only question is if you plan any more additions or if what we have is the final version?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2008-10-21 19:44:02 »
Since we've figured out how to change the prices of things in shops and how to change the x70 modifier for master materia to something more reasonable:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7939.msg95637#msg95637

will you have any price-related mods in future versions, or are you staying away from ff7.exe?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #309 on: 2008-10-22 07:19:52 »
There are many mods that alters the exe. Even I have several patches. I could make a patch that includes what I got on my exe or a mod that only patches the prices. In the 1st case I need to know what patches and modifications people generally wants. Which means they need the original exe to patch a multipatch with mine. But before I do that I would also like to make my flevel.lpg work with other popular patches as well. I can't possibly please everyone though.

@Auraplatonic: This is not the final version. It must still be considered beta. I will work on this some more when I have time to (which gets rarer and rarer these days  :x).

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2008-10-22 10:07:22 »
I see. I thought that there might be a problem with unpatched executables vs. patched ones. Well, it is a mod that most people could make on their own for now (and to their own liking), so I can see why you'd like to make flevel.lpg a priority if it doesn't work for everyone.

Cloud Strife20200

« Reply #311 on: 2008-10-31 22:04:51 »
I was checking out your new bosses and wondered what level you'd recommend being at when you fight them? I'm talking about the three soldier members. Also nice midgar zolom mod leighos.

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2008-11-02 20:05:36 »
excellent mod the fights are much harder.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2008-11-02 20:38:08 »
I have been playing with Locke, Venus and Theo over the past few days and I have noticed that Theo's standard sword attack is actually a magical attack (i.e. the byte at 0x0e is 22h). Is it meant to be like that, or is it a mistake?

In any case, nice job; Erindre was particularly interesting. I've always thought that the game would benefit from having a few more enemies that could heal or even revive themselves.

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2008-11-06 02:15:31 »
Wow. Guard Scorpion was pretty tricky and I'm up to Air Buster now, who is REALLY hard. Great work!

EDIT: Beat him. It was actually easier than I expected, all I had to do was make sure someone with Cure always had full ATB before I let anyone attack. :/
« Last Edit: 2008-11-08 05:10:57 by LJH »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2008-11-09 02:04:23 »
Guard Scorpion isn't very hard if your timing is good. I usually wait until he is doing his search scope and have the targeted character defend (which is all he can do after being paralysed) whilst the other character attacks. Of course, you have to remember when he raises his tail, because if you don't time that well, things can become nasty. It's quite a good difficulty for a first boss; I actually found Air Buster trickier. Perhaps I'm so used to beating him without thinking very much on vanilla FF7 that I get careless; he can wipe you out quite quickly if you do that. Good luck with Aps and the Hell House.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-09 02:08:05 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2008-11-09 19:43:56 »
Aps and Hell House were pathetic. o_O

The only difference I noticed with Aps was he used the reverse tsunami much more often...

Hell House was actually /easier/ than I remember him being before... the counterattack is new though, right?

Up to Locke, Venus and... what was the other one? now. They're giving me hell, 7 attempts so far and still haven't been able to beat them. Got the third one dead once then Venus revived him, but that's it.

Reno, on the other hand, was kinda a pain... especially with the 200 HP Pyramids...
« Last Edit: 2008-11-10 08:19:52 by LJH »

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2008-11-10 16:54:33 »
with lock venus and tera or whatever her name is  My strategy is to kill the one that revives , then kill the one that cures, then kill locke the blue one last. mindblow with barret is very helpful in that fight, and cross slash's paralyze can be helpful as well. dont forget to steal the silver armlet, there is also a fairy ring and a x potion too.

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2008-11-10 23:25:51 »

The only difference I noticed with Aps was he used the reverse tsunami much more often...

Hell House was actually /easier/ than I remember him being before... the counterattack is new though, right?

Up to Locke, Venus and... what was the other one? now. They're giving me hell, 7 attempts so far and still haven't been able to beat them. Got the third one dead once then Venus revived him, but that's it.

Reno, on the other hand, was kinda a pain... especially with the 200 HP Pyramids...

With Reno I found that not trying to destroy the pyramids was the best strategy.  He won't pyramid all three of the party(at least for me) so just fight him with the remaining party member.  He only has 1000 hp so its not too bad. 

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2008-11-11 02:33:52 »
Locke, Venus and Theo? Just wait until you fight them in the return to Midgar...
« Last Edit: 2008-11-11 02:40:05 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2008-11-11 11:53:13 »

With Reno I found that not trying to destroy the pyramids was the best strategy.  He won't pyramid all three of the party(at least for me) so just fight him with the remaining party member.  He only has 1000 hp so its not too bad. 

He sure did for me. Even if he didn't, he can still Paralyze the remaining member.

Cloud Strife20200

« Reply #321 on: 2008-11-15 20:33:16 »
I thought Guard Scorpion was easy, it was a match of endurance to see who could continuously attack but I just spammed bolt and had barret heal if needed then just attack, now air buster is a different matter, he's the hardest boss I've fought (not counting new bosses), I was maybe slightly underleveled but I just got angry because he kept glitching, even though he wasn't facing me when I used limit breaks they still done normal damage, it was a gamble for my limit break to do huge damage or not. He hits pretty hard but as long as you keep someone ready to heal at all times you will be ok. *sigh* Aps as usual was as easy as ever. since I had aerith on my team I used seal evil then spammed bolt, he only attacked me twice before he died. The Hell house was easy, just put everyone on the back row and spam magic seen as you can't deal good physical damage till he uses suicide drop. Next boss was that poison guy, he wasn't hard seen as I equipped everyone with poison protection and spammed fire. them two bosses in the elevator were laughable, the first one died without using his charged beam, second was slightly harder but still laughable. Rufus would've been hard if I didn't keep my bolt plumes, I used a bolt plume which killed his pet then when I got my limit break rufus died so it only took two moves. their wasn't really any notable battles after that untill jenova who I have to say you done a good job with, she was really quite hard and kept me on edge because of stop (she always kept stopping Nanaki my healer  :-() but as for the new trio they were very hard, I took 3 tries, my stratedgy was give barret fury and cover then everytime he had his limit break use mindblow, then it was a case of slowly concentrating on one enemy untill they died then it got alot easier, slowly but surely they all died. I'm currently at cosmo canyon but I can't go any further because I have a bug where if there's a cutscene that my characters are supposed to move in, they just don't move. Like when you go up into the room with all the planets, my guys stay on the ground and I just have to wait untill I can change room to be in the right place but unfortunately there's a cutscene in that room where a planet gets destroyed but my characters don't stay where they should be. the best bit was at junon where you see a cutscene of the cannon and me and the other soldiers were floating in the air lol

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2008-11-19 12:19:06 »
I get that bug too. :/

I never got it on this PC until I reinstalled windows a while ago, anyone know the fix?

Anyway - Rufus is damn easy without items. Cast Bio on him, throw Cross Slash when you get it, and just heal. Also - his attack is not long range despite using a gun, so BACK ROW.

Btw, I find the names "Biara" and "Biaga" kinda weird... "Biora" and "Bioga" would've been better. :/

Synthesist

« Reply #323 on: 2008-11-25 13:45:42 »
So what remains to be fixed Gjoerulv? This seems like a HELL of a mod!

It seems to be playable from start to finish, has anyone had any game-crashing incidents that are due to the mod and not because of faulty installation?

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2008-11-26 00:44:35 »
Is this still going? Congratulations on keeping it up thus far.
I remember when you were starting it out, hell loads of changes though much be hard to keep track of them all.