Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837487 times)

Ethario

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5875 on: 2017-08-05 14:59:27 »
If I'm remembering correctly, was a way to let chars "Catch up" in levels.  So every 10 levels you have a plateau of xp. So for an easy example Cloud early game on a normal play through is going to out level everyone. More so if you want/are forced to swap chars for boss fights or certain stretches of time. This plateau causes cloud to not really get any more than 3-4 levels ahead at any time of your reserves.

I'm sure there's a more specific reason that someone can quote but it's too early for me to dig it up.

Makes sense, I was doing my own little challenge run with limited xp. But came to that exact problem, not everyone was the same level. So every level or 5 I synch everyone to clouds XP, suddenly I found I needed x10 xp for a lvl and that raised alarm flags. Been trying to fix for an hour coming to the conclusions theres nothing to fix :D. Have a karma !

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: 2017-08-05 15:03:46 »
Ah, spoke too soon - the Ziegfried fight is still broken for me post patch I'm afraid  :(

I just got through the fight using the original installer, I forgot to patch my game with the hotfixes.

If Tifa is in the party she survives odin, Cast lvl 5 suicide afterward and I got my MP plus, hope it helps !

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: 2017-08-05 15:33:52 »
Hey Chief (or anyone else) could we get some confirmation on whether Cloud and Red's innate's tick with all actions, friendly actions, or only the char's actions? Would love to know without having to trial it myself...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: 2017-08-05 15:49:36 »
Hey Chief (or anyone else) could we get some confirmation on whether Cloud and Red's innate's tick with all actions, friendly actions, or only the char's actions? Would love to know without having to trial it myself...

It's processed after every action taken by any actor.

I'll be at work, but when I get back I'll go through the most recent posts and add any additional fixes to the patch files I've made before uploading them tonight.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: 2017-08-05 16:19:44 »
so umm.... i feel i misunderstand how the mod install works. the readme says to RENAME the language folders and the field files......but that makes no sense to me as it might overwrite the main files. can you clarify this for me? last time i did this, i just deleted the files in question that the readme says to rename, as it made more sense to me.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: 2017-08-05 16:25:35 »
so yeah basically when i try to rename anything to something with the same name, my computer asks if i want to merge them. if i say no i can't rename them....if i say yes it will try to overwrite files of the same name within the folder. perhaps a rewording of the readme is in order? unless of course im missing something.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: 2017-08-05 17:00:42 »

I'll be at work, but when I get back I'll go through the most recent posts and add any additional fixes to the patch files I've made before uploading them tonight.

did you try my save file yet to see if it was something on my end causing the huge damage output

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: 2017-08-05 18:19:45 »
Is Cid's Dragon limit only supposed to absorb roughly 100 HP, along with the same amount of MP? I get the 100 MP absorb but wasn't sure if HP should be more

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: 2017-08-05 18:57:39 »

if that's the case with cloud and red then it RLLY shouldn't take long for red to max himself out. i just got cloud's second wind during the x-atm scorpion battle....so it would stand to reason that had red been in there he'd make quick work of the thing all by himself.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: 2017-08-05 19:07:58 »
Hey Sega chief

after i beat jenvoa at the end of disk 1 on your mod on arrange mode, it went to the wrong scean showing that i had vencent in my party when cloud saids Everyone listen to me, it went to restroom scean where you rest before beating Jenvoa at the end of disk 1

Aquarii

• View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: 2017-08-05 19:13:57 »
Okay, i have NT 1.5 (Arrange) with the latest Patches installed and now fighting Jenova-VECTOR.
My Question: There aren´t any Vector Node Enemys in this Battle. -> No Targets, no Morphing :(
Is that battle working as planned or is it bugged?

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: 2017-08-05 19:47:46 »
The nodes come out later in the battle, if you don't kill Jenova too quickly, or sleep/silence etc. it to prevent Jenova from casting/summoning them. Not sure what the exact trigger is but I'm guessing something like, Jenova HP < 35% then summon Nodes or Jenova Turns = 20 then summon Nodes

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: 2017-08-05 21:59:01 »
so umm.... i feel i misunderstand how the mod install works. the readme says to RENAME the language folders and the field files......but that makes no sense to me as it might overwrite the main files. can you clarify this for me? last time i did this, i just deleted the files in question that the readme says to rename, as it made more sense to me.

The patcher will only look for and update files with the english names; so if you have an installation in, say, German then the patcher will not be able to find them as they use slightly different names:

/English
lang-en folder
flevel.lgp

/German
lang-de
gflevel.lgp

So to get the patcher to correctly find these files, you need to temporarily rename them to their english equivalents, run the patcher, and then for the game itself to run them they need to be changed back to their original german names (or spanish/french if using those). If you have the English version of the game installed then you don't need to change any file names.

did you try my save file yet to see if it was something on my end causing the huge damage output

Not yet, I'll give it a whirl once these patches are up.

Hey Sega chief

after i beat jenvoa at the end of disk 1 on your mod on arrange mode, it went to the wrong scean showing that i had vencent in my party when cloud saids Everyone listen to me, it went to restroom scean where you rest before beating Jenvoa at the end of disk 1

That's not a bug; it's where the scene now takes place, with all the characters present/visible instead of just the active party. I'll check it anyway just to be sure that it's triggering correctly.

Okay, i have NT 1.5 (Arrange) with the latest Patches installed and now fighting Jenova-VECTOR.
My Question: There aren´t any Vector Node Enemys in this Battle. -> No Targets, no Morphing :(
Is that battle working as planned or is it bugged?

I'll change the spawn conditions of the node; the boss' HP was dropped prior to release so it might not be getting the time to spawn them as normal.

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: 2017-08-05 23:38:25 »
Hey Sega Chief
It seems that the NT mod and the world map model characters mod dont work well. What i mean is that if NT mod is active world model characters dont change( this doesnt apply to world textures) I´ve only tested with Cloud´s WMC model so for the others im not so sure.
Now i dont know if this is a  bug thing or i am doing something wrong. in any case its not a big problem but i just thought to leave it here anyway :)

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: 2017-08-06 00:36:23 »
Hey Sega Chief
It seems that the NT mod and the world map model characters mod dont work well. What i mean is that if NT mod is active world model characters dont change( this doesnt apply to world textures) I´ve only tested with Cloud´s WMC model so for the others im not so sure.
Now i dont know if this is a  bug thing or i am doing something wrong. in any case its not a big problem but i just thought to leave it here anyway :)

This sounds like a simple fix, it's most likely a load order issue if you're using 7thHeaven that is. I've found with all my gameplay testing with NT is to load NT at the very bottom of the load order, almost always works perfectly.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: 2017-08-06 01:14:21 »
New patches are up, going to put the IRO together now.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: 2017-08-06 01:58:53 »
Coming out of Kalm, I'm running a rather silly setup with 100% cover on front-row Tifa, with Aeris dedicated to healing her, and she's averaging two limits a battle. It's a shame I'm so bad with the slots :(

I'm having trouble encountering a Mu near the Chocobo Ranch for L5 Suicide. I remember them being fairly plentiful before, was this changed in 1.5?
« Last Edit: 2017-08-06 02:05:19 by El Grillo »

Thraxis

• View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: 2017-08-06 02:06:02 »
I'm having trouble encountering a Mu near the Chocobo Ranch for L5 Suicide. I remember them being fairly plentiful before, was this changed in 1.5?

Just keep trying. If I remember right battles on the map/overworld are practically 100% random so you're just hitting a rough patch of luck. I know I did about 20 battles in the area before 1 even popped up.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: 2017-08-06 02:25:08 »
Hey Sega Chief, thanks for the update! But, uh, I'm having an issue now where during the "switch to disc 2" screen, the game freezes right after I save. I tried twice, and both times right after I save my game on that screen and try to go back to playing I get a black screen with the city of the ancients music playing, but nothing happens. I tried going through the screen WITHOUT saving and the same thing happens. Something is happening there that's causing the game to freeze up, unfortunately.

EDIT: Was playing a later save and came back to the forgotten city. It appears that the game freezes anytime I enter the area with the seashell houses. Something is wrong with this area, which would make sense since this is where you're supposed to be appear at the start of disc 2. Anyway, just wanted to give you as much info as possible, peace :)
« Last Edit: 2017-08-06 03:43:11 by ComradeDroog »

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: 2017-08-06 07:12:27 »
Just finished the Gi Kattan fight on Arrange and not 100% sure he's working as intended. The flames now only heal Gi Kattan with their Demi attacks, not themselves. Also, when a character they're 'occupying' dies, the flame doesn't always exit. Finally, it did a move called 'Rekindle', which appeared to be some kind of restorative, but it missed. All in all it was a much easier fight that I was expecting, so wanted to check if it was a rebalance or a bug.

Oh, also, is there any way of preventing Cloud's second wind from triggering (and failing) if he's KO'd?

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: 2017-08-06 10:20:07 »
Just finished the Gi Kattan fight on Arrange and not 100% sure he's working as intended. The flames now only heal Gi Kattan with their Demi attacks, not themselves. Also, when a character they're 'occupying' dies, the flame doesn't always exit. Finally, it did a move called 'Rekindle', which appeared to be some kind of restorative, but it missed. All in all it was a much easier fight that I was expecting, so wanted to check if it was a rebalance or a bug.

Oh, also, is there any way of preventing Cloud's second wind from triggering (and failing) if he's KO'd?

I think rekindle just spawn another set of flames adds like it did in the original game if im not mistaken. The miss you are seeing is the same miss that you see the boss use where you first get Red XIII. Reanimate or w/e.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-06 10:23:06 by Ethario »

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: 2017-08-06 10:25:49 »
This sounds like a simple fix, it's most likely a load order issue if you're using 7thHeaven that is. I've found with all my gameplay testing with NT is to load NT at the very bottom of the load order, almost always works perfectly.

I followed the load order that is recomended in the 7th heaven topic( That would be using the mod after the Field textures). Also i´ve tried to put the IRO in the last position(within the 7th heaven) and didnt work so im assuming its some kinda of a compatible issue thing

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: 2017-08-06 10:49:29 »
Coming out of Kalm, I'm running a rather silly setup with 100% cover on front-row Tifa, with Aeris dedicated to healing her, and she's averaging two limits a battle. It's a shame I'm so bad with the slots :(

Try the dark green grass in the Ranch Area, rather than the lighter green grass immediately around the Ranch for Mu.

Hey Sega Chief, thanks for the update! But, uh, I'm having an issue now where during the "switch to disc 2" screen, the game freezes right after I save. I tried twice, and both times right after I save my game on that screen and try to go back to playing I get a black screen with the city of the ancients music playing, but nothing happens. I tried going through the screen WITHOUT saving and the same thing happens. Something is happening there that's causing the game to freeze up, unfortunately.

EDIT: Was playing a later save and came back to the forgotten city. It appears that the game freezes anytime I enter the area with the seashell houses. Something is wrong with this area, which would make sense since this is where you're supposed to be appear at the start of disc 2. Anyway, just wanted to give you as much info as possible, peace :)

Found the issue, a check for Aeris was using a command that seems to be incompatible with the Init group; moved the check to Main and it now seems to load (did the same with an Icicle Inn field). I've got an hour before I leave so I'll replace the flevel patch and IRO.

I had to change the fight as a lot of people were complaining about the difficulty of it; the Flames will now only heal the boss rather than themselves and the Demi spells were downgraded one tier. Rekindle is intended to resurrect a dead Flame but will miss if the target is alive. The Flames should be exiting the host if they die though, so I'll check into that. I can add a KO check to Cloud's innate too, forgot to do it before.

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: 2017-08-06 11:22:57 »
I love how Dyne said "is that all you got barret ?" when fighting vincent in the battle arena :D

FFman

• View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: 2017-08-06 14:38:17 »
Sega Chief, any ideas how to get Aeris Back ?
I tried to go at the bottom of North Crater again or talked to the "debug guy" in the Highwind but she's still missing.