Author Topic: [PC] Yet Another Multi-Patcher - YAMP  (Read 221896 times)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: Yet Another Multi-Patcher
« Reply #50 on: 2006-07-19 09:12:24 »
Just to let you know, you've edited... Hmm... Comments. Yup, definitely.

dziugo

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006-07-21 17:13:51 »
so how do you create patches for YAMP anyway?  :roll:

i made a small fix for ff7music users that experience delays when it's supposed to switch music in certain locations (the boss after the highway chase comes to mind, where on my box, the boss music wouldn't come on until 10-15 seconds after the battle had started)

and why create another (maybe-not-so-compatible) stand-alone patch, when we have an excellent automated system for applying these kind of things already  :-)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #52 on: 2007-04-25 19:26:31 »
The time has come...to dig some thread from the grave...to update the links...and to annoy some mods of course :)

The links in the first post were updated to match the current forum's mechanics, and Yet Another Misc Patch was added to the list. Did I forget about some public patch? Want to make some private patch a public one (only getting input from those involved :P)? Wanna ban me? Post here, the thread is already revived.

dziugo

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007-04-25 22:32:22 »
The time has come...to dig some thread from the grave...to update the links...and to annoy some mods of course :)

The links in the first post were updated to match the current forum's mechanics, and Yet Another Misc Patch was added to the list. Did I forget about some public patch? Want to make some private patch a public one (only getting input from those involved :P)? Wanna ban me? Post here, the thread is already revived.

dziugo

I hope I won't be banned for responding whereas the thread is already revived  :-D
Well, what do you mean for "private" and "public" patchs? Since when is there a patch for YAMP ???  :?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007-04-26 08:13:06 »
Not a patch for YAMP... YAMP patch :)

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007-04-26 11:25:47 »
If i recall you did a beta test for a custom framerate patch for the minigames and battleswirl (along with fixing the battle swirl crash).
I can see the first post contains the fix but i'm not sure if it includes custom framerate patching.

Anyway, i was one of your testers and it worked flawlessly from memory :) Love your work dziugo

Demarest

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007-04-26 13:08:19 »
In my short time here, dziugo has been helpful time and time again.

Thank you for bumping this thread. I never experienced the battle swirl crash until I started using the Saint's 1280 patch. And even then, it was only after (and even then, not always) I alt+tabbed out of the game and back in. I was just going about not leaving the game. Now I can. Plus the skip FMV patch is a miracle worker. My biggest complaint about replaying FF7 is that long plot points and FMV's must be allowed to play out. Now if only there was a way to skip the major plot points, like Cloud's flashback in Kalm and such. Oh, and the always run patch is useful too. I'm sure they all are, but I won't be using the slots or 9999 patches.

I have a question about Gypt though. I wanted to see if it had worked, so I chose new game and sought to use it to skip the beginning movie. When I press
Code: [Select]
press CTRL
press S
release S
release CTRL
the FMV is skipped, but the screen is black. I hear the train's steam end, and I can hear Biggs and Jessie attacking the guards as well as Cloud flipping off of the train. Then a window pops up with Barret instructing you to come along. Then I press up and can hear myself enter the battle. But at no point am I seeing anything but black.

If however, I press
Code: [Select]
press CTRL
press S
release CTRL
release S
(nothing happens)
press CTRL
press S
release S
release CTRL
the FMV is skipped and I can see everything. In both instances, the climactic background music doesn't play, but that's fine by me if it means being able to skip the two minute new game movie. Is this how it was meant to operate and I just didn't read the explanation properly? Or is there a way to do it the first way and restore my video? Or do I just need to keep doing it the second way as it gets the job done.

And I must give further credit for how well though out this is. I didn't apply the always run patch at first and I had changed my mind about the swirl fram rate. I wasn't sure how it would operate when I asked it to patch again, but it restored the backup and started fresh. Very clever. I appreciate your work with this.

[EDIT]
Forgot to mention a couple things. Even though the background music isn't playing if I skip the new game movie, it plays after the first battle is over.

The other thing is that if I use the first method mentioned above to skip the next FMV (the one where Cloud looks up to the reactor), everything works fine. But that FMV fades out and the game fades back in anyways. So the "problem" I experience in the first example might only effect FMV's that are meant to play into a playable field map. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any. Furthermore, when I use the first version to skip the new game movie and the screen is black, as soon as Cloud is controllable, bringing up the menu and then returning to the game restores the visuals. So it's not really an issue at all. I was just wondering if maybe I had done something wrong.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-26 13:18:52 by Demarest »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007-04-26 14:27:54 »
@Wuz: Yup, it's that version. Thanks for testing and the support :)

@Demarest: Try Ctrl+D when the screen turns black after skipping the FMV.

Demarest

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007-04-26 14:36:28 »
@Demarest: Try Ctrl+D when the screen turns black after skipping the FMV.
Works great! Is that a feature of one of the patches, or a command that works in the EXE by default? Either way, thanks for sharing.

I came upon a very surprising and WELCOME side effect of Gypt. Remember above when I said I wish there was a way to bypass plot points? Well as a goof, I hit CTRL+S when I entered Corel's ropeway station. The game went into what appeared to be 2x mode which made the motions of Barret's flashback to the story of Corel over with twice as fast! Thankfully, the FMV's of the ropeway reset this condition. I turned it on again and the next plot point did NOT reset it. Battles and menus run regular speed, but anything taking place on the field map is double speed. This is useful for "fast forwarding" through storyline non-FMV "cutscenes" (though you still have to hit okay to get past each speaking part), but not so useful for manuevering about the field maps.

So two questions: Is this intentional? Or just a handy side effect of trying to use Gypt when an FMV isn't playing? Secondly, is there a way to revert back to normal speed so that we could use that feature to fast forward through plot points, but restore regular speed when playing the game? For now, saving and reloading resets the speed and at least on the way to Gold Saucer, the actual FMV being skipped also seemed to reset it.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007-04-26 14:50:37 »
Ctrl+D is a feature of Gypt of course :P And the speed-up is actually a side-effect of skipping the FMV. I told it before (in this thread probably) and I will say it again - I will not "fix" it.

When the FMV is playing, it takes care of the framerate, so the field one is turned off. If there is no FMV playing, there is no framelimiting -> it runs as fast as it can. Anything that enables its own frame-limiter should restore the normal speed. Accessing menu could be the easiest one (if it works of course).

Demarest

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007-04-26 15:30:08 »
I wouldn't want it fixed anyways. It's too useful. A way to toggle it off is all I was curious about. Not able to turn it off is far better than not having the ability to zip through the plot points. The menus work at normal speed, but going in and out of it doesn't resolve the speed on the field maps.

No biggie. Just wanted the greatest understanding of what it was I was messing with. Thanks again for your efforts on these :)

MOD EDIT: How do I double post three hours later?

Just wanted to report to anybody using Gypt: Do not use it to pass the two FMV's that play in Bugenhagen's machine the first time you reach Cosom Canyon. If you skip either one, the game will never resume. I imagine this could be because both FMV's as they play out in the game require the characters on the foreground.

MOD EDIT: How do I shot we... triple post?

Got another update if that's okay. My theory about people being in the foreground cannot be correct because the FMV with the Tiny Bronco taking off just after fighting Palmer can be skipped without issue.

I did find another FMV people will want to avoid skipping as it will prevent the game from resuming: The THIRD FMV during the Gold Saucer date sequence. The first, second, and fourth ones can all be skipped without issue. But the third results in the same as before: The game never properly resumes.

And one last conflict your users should be aware of: Having the Always Run patch installed will prevent you from manually controlling the clock in the Temple of Ancients. This is no big deal as there is a place to save just before this room. Which you can also use once you've done everything you want there and are ready to proceed. Users of Always Run will have to repatch without it just before this room. Easy workaround.

I assure you that I'm chiming in for the sake of documentation. The rewards still far outweigh the minor inconveniences and it's been a real treat being able to play with these advantages :)

MOD EDIT: Rules, Buster. They apply to you too. And since you seem to think that you are all that, I'd suggest following them. Might be somewhat awkward to claim imaginary moral high ground while mods are cleaning up after you.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-27 18:52:23 by Jari »

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007-04-28 07:33:26 »
Having the Always Run patch installed will prevent you from manually controlling the clock in the Temple of Ancients.

Uh, I don't know how exactly you mean "prevent" since I did not try that patch but cannot that be easily solved by holding <CANCEL> to walk?

B Tizo

• Reliving the Fantasy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007-04-28 10:28:38 »
No, he's right.  That section took much longer than it should have because I had to do the random spin and try and time it right.  It probably took me a good 15-20 minutes of just spinning and stopping.  But, having to not hold the Cancel button the rest of the 30 odd hours I've put into FF7 so far definitely outweighs those 15-20 minutes.  dziugo's patches have worked wonders for my copy of FF7.

On a side note, I think post needs to Stickied because of all the great patches it contains.  Or perhaps a sticky needs to be created with all the patches in the forum.  Well, maybe not all, but definitely the important ones.  Just my thoughts.

Demarest

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007-04-28 11:51:02 »
Having the Always Run patch installed will prevent you from manually controlling the clock in the Temple of Ancients.
Uh, I don't know how exactly you mean "prevent" since I did not try that patch but cannot that be easily solved by holding <CANCEL> to walk?
I THINK so. See, I also had a problem when it came time for Cloud to draw his sword against Aeris. He sat there shaking his head as if Cancel was being pressed. When I DID press Cancel, he stopped and I was able to continue. It was at that time that I realized that you MIGHT be able to hold Cancel to do the clock as well. But I didn't try that. At the time, I didn't suppose the patch told the PC Cancel was being pressed. I assumed it toggled the walk/run mode only.

If not, I think saving, unpatching, visiting the rooms you need, setting the clock to six, saving, then repatching is faster than trusting random spins.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007-04-28 13:39:32 »
I didn't suppose the patch told the PC Cancel was being pressed. I assumed it toggled the walk/run mode only.

I thought this patch toggled cancel for walking instead of running? It justs keep canceling so?  :?

Demarest

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007-04-28 20:42:50 »
Another correction I need to make: dziugo said that going into a menu should reset the frame limiter and I said that it didn't. Well I've since discovered that alt+tabbing out of the game and back in does. So now it's fully controllable :)

[EDIT]
Earlier this morning, I went through the Temple of Ancients. Telling the clock I wanted to manually adjust it and immediately holding Cancel DID allow me to manipulate it just fine. Thought I'd report back.

[EDIT2]
Gypt users will also want to avoid using it to skip the very first video of Weapon attacking when Tifa and Barret are prisoners back at Junon. And getting Tifa to free herself with Always Run wasn't easy, but it was possible.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-29 23:08:50 by Demarest »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007-05-06 19:29:00 »
Back from the vacations :)

As for the AlwaysRun patch, consider the bug reported. I'll think of the fix for it when I get some free time.

aquarius1989

« Reply #67 on: 2007-06-09 11:32:43 »
I'm having trouble.  The batch file runs fine, and all the patches get installed, however it seems to corrupt my ff7.exe!

The icon changes to that generic window-thing, and when I try to run it, the error 'ff7.exe is not a valid Win32 application' appears, and when I try to move/delete it, it claims 'it is in use by another program'.

Any help? I'm running Windows XP

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007-06-09 11:35:35 »
One of the patches wasn't installed - you probably tried to install them over a modified/"not typical" ff7.exe. Check the debug file that was created when running the patcher.

aquarius1989

« Reply #69 on: 2007-06-09 11:42:32 »
I checked the debug file.  It claims all the patches failed to be applied  :lol:

Anyway, I tried doing it to the ff7.exe that comes with the ff7_102 patch 'official' patch.  Does it only work for the 1.00 version or what?

aquarius1989

« Reply #70 on: 2007-06-09 11:45:39 »
Actually lol, my misreading, it failed the MiniGames patch and the LuckyTifa.  Sorry

aquarius1989

« Reply #71 on: 2007-06-09 12:33:31 »
UPDATE: Managed to get it working

Thanks for your help dzuigo.  Don't know the exact problem but I probs have a buggy version of the minigames patch, and once one patch in the queue mucks up, the rest ALL cack-up.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007-06-09 12:59:11 »
LMAO triple posted :lol:.
(I know it doesn't add anything meaningfull but it was to funny to pass up)

Psychosupreme

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007-06-29 16:37:13 »
While trying to patch with the HighwayAndSnowboardMinigamesFix patch the install program claims
"Applying Patch: HighwayAndSnowboardMinigamesFix
Access is denied
Somethings gone wrong...dunno what..."   (the last 2 words don't help much lol)

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007-06-29 17:49:55 »
Your ff7.exe is read-only or in use.