Author Topic: Mouthless mod for 7th heaven?  (Read 5813 times)

KohryuZX

• View Profile
Mouthless mod for 7th heaven?
« on: 2019-05-18 00:09:36 »
Has anyone made a mod to remove the awful mouths on the PC models? Or a mod that at least fixes the sex doll style ones?
I'd be fine with either really.

If nobody has done it yet I would go do some digging to find the really old mods to make it compatible, this would be mostly for people who want to keep the stylistic choices of the original game and its super deformed models but dont want those mouths ruining the experience.

I remember 7th heaven had this option once and i dont understand why it was removed.

Edit - I found the old mouth replace from "Sega Chief" that replaces the dumb O with normal mouths like the main party, here's the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dn4ujcbgglxuzj4/FF7+-+Mouth+Replacer.exe

How should i go about it without breaking everything though? Turn off every field mod? Anyone interested into turning this EXE installer into a 7th heaven mod?
I wouldn't even know where to start.

All credits for the mod go to user "Sega Chief"

Edit 2 - If I used it as it is I'm worried i would corrupt the mods i've installed with 7th heaven.
here's a link to the original topic where the mod was posted.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14425.0

EDIT 3 - DO NOT INSTALL THE MOD AS IS, IT WILL BREAK THE ANIMATION MOD FROM 7TH HEAVEN MAKING YOU CRASH!
« Last Edit: 2019-05-18 01:09:29 by KohryuZX »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: Mouthless mod for 7th heaven?
« Reply #1 on: 2019-05-18 01:22:31 »
Has anyone made a mod to remove the awful mouths on the PC models? Or a mod that at least fixes the sex doll style ones?
I'd be fine with either really.

If nobody has done it yet I would go do some digging to find the really old mods to make it compatible, this would be mostly for people who want to keep the stylistic choices of the original game and its super deformed models but dont want those mouths ruining the experience.

I remember 7th heaven had this option once and i dont understand why it was removed.

Edit - I found the old mouth replace from "Sega Chief" that replaces the dumb O with normal mouths like the main party, here's the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dn4ujcbgglxuzj4/FF7+-+Mouth+Replacer.exe

How should i go about it without breaking everything though? Turn off every field mod? Anyone interested into turning this EXE installer into a 7th heaven mod?
I wouldn't even know where to start.

All credits for the mod go to user "Sega Chief"

Edit 2 - If I used it as it is I'm worried i would corrupt the mods i've installed with 7th heaven.
here's a link to the original topic where the mod was posted.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14425.0

EDIT 3 - DO NOT INSTALL THE MOD AS IS, IT WILL BREAK THE ANIMATION MOD FROM 7TH HEAVEN MAKING YOU CRASH!

Derek told me about this thread, I'm going to try and put the mod together as an IRO for compatibility; it was my first mod so I should support it.

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-05-18 01:24:57 »
Oh my god its you!
That would be very helpful!

Also restoring the original char.lpg fixed the issue it seems.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-18 08:05:47 by KohryuZX »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-05-18 11:45:41 »
Oh my god its you!
That would be very helpful!

Also restoring the original char.lpg fixed the issue it seems.

This is the IRO: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nclipjuk18jk4sk/FF7_Mouths_Mod_IRO.iro/file

It has two options; PSX style 'no mouths' for all characters, and PC mouth texture replacer for all NPCs. To be used with models based on the original chibi models only (it may work with Kald's models, but not tested - definitely won't work with models that use a full body texture).

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-05-19 19:15:50 »
Thanks for your work!
Now i can finally play this in the classic og way!

Cloud’s Stripe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-06-07 07:44:08 »
Cannot thank you enough for this mod as well Sega Chief. I could’t get over those stripes on the original character models, so your mod was *the* prerequisite for me to replay the game since ‘97 (even tho i bought it on ps4) and my gateway iro into all the other fantastic stuff on here :)

ps: so now i’m running the game with 7th heaven, reunion r05c (translation&limiter), combo of satsuki & remako hd stuff, music & save states, wallmarket merely for maintaining base weapon textures and a reshade scanline filter on top. No new models, just an incredible OG looking version of the game thanks to all of your great work. The one issue i cannot resolve is whenever i want to rebind controller buttons (or keyboard keys), the game freezes. No matter what i try (new config file, ds4 windows, game convertor, steam overlay, xbox fix, joy2key,... tried everything i found on the forum). All that registers now is the analog stick of my steam controller and the A button (x&y never did, used the backpanels instead 0_o). Maybe i need to run the game unmodded once before modding it as the now redundant xbox mod states. Feel welcome if there’s any direction to guide me in, because i don’t seem to find a thread stating that specific issue; thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darthdrew87

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-07-17 03:56:23 »
This is the IRO: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nclipjuk18jk4sk/FF7_Mouths_Mod_IRO.iro/file

It has two options; PSX style 'no mouths' for all characters, and PC mouth texture replacer for all NPCs. To be used with models based on the original chibi models only (it may work with Kald's models, but not tested - definitely won't work with models that use a full body texture).

Hi! I cannot seem to get this to work. It is active in 7th Heaven. I have tried both options. The only other mod I use is Remako. Any insight into what I may be doing wrong?

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-07-17 13:02:42 »
Hi! I cannot seem to get this to work. It is active in 7th Heaven. I have tried both options. The only other mod I use is Remako. Any insight into what I may be doing wrong?
Post your ff7_opengl.cfg file

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-07-17 16:33:16 »

Have you put the mouth mod over the Mako mod?

TinySarabia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2020-04-10 10:26:55 »

Hi there bud. Was frantic finding a mod like this for the chibi models. Been using your .iro for the past few days. I just noticed the mod does not affect all the characters (e.g. I'm using the PC Mouth option but Barret and Aerith still don't have mouths). I'm using this with the new 7th heaven btw along with the Qhimm Catalog mods.