Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 845476 times)

Xinlus

• View Profile
Re: [FF-IX] Hades Workshop
« Reply #175 on: 2014-07-04 17:35:43 »
This is the same patch for spanish PAL version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Zi6lNUy7RwSE1ITDBFNlU4VGs/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for you great work!

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2014-07-06 02:26:15 »
Say, I see you got text color support going! I like it!

Sorry that I'm plying you with problems, then...

I find it always places the opcode at the beginning of the field and I sure haven't got using those arrows down to precision. What I do is cut all the text above the last character where I need an opcode, put in that opcode, and paste the rest of the text in front of it. Repeat.

Is there a better way?

Also, in game, the red text I put in seems to be shadowed.  Is that something I'm doing?

I have a screenshot, and I see buttons to Insert Image (it puts in html codes?) and "Attachments and other options" (nothing about attachments there?), but I haven't worked out how to post it.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2014-07-06 10:06:58 »
@ Xinlus : Thank you for your spanish fellows ^^

@ Vir : Yeah, you can just remove the µ that is created at the beginning of the text and write another one where you want it, then click on "Apply" (if there are missing µ when you click on it, the last opcodes will be removed ; if there are too many of them, the last of them are removed).
I'm thinking of making it a bit more convenient.

For the shadowed red, I'll test it. There are 2 opcodes for each color, so I guess the other one is the best suited. I guess the one you have to choose depends on weather you are editing a "help" message or a generic text, but I'll figure it.

I can't add attachments either. I guess you have to upload your image somewhere else and put the into the IMG tag.
Like 【img】http://YourImage.png【/img】

Also, I added some few dialogs in the first post. The Burmecia's one is not present in the french version ; that's the only one I found that is in that case (usually, there are more translated text in the french version than the US one).

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2014-07-06 22:19:19 »
Hey ! Sorry for double-posting, but I have a request.
I found another unused dialog in Cleyra that is only in the japanese version. It seems to be the dialog between Freya, the king and the high priest in Cleyra's temple.

Could someone nice and motivated translate it?
フライヤ
「ブルメシア王、ごぶさたしております

ブルメシア王
「おお、フライヤ、よくぞ来てくれた

ブルメシア王
「クレイラ大祭司と共に歓迎するぞ

クレイラ大祭司
「フライヤ殿

クレイラ大祭司
「この度のこと、もはや、ブルメシアだけの問題では無くなってきました

フライヤ
「承知いたしております

フライヤ
「ですが……

フライヤ
「私の力ではなんともならぬやもしれませぬ

ブルメシア王
「フライヤ……、あの時のことを言っておるのだな?

ブルメシア王
「あの時のことは、あやまる

ブルメシア王
「どうか、許してくれぬか?

ブルメシア王
「いや!許せぬのは分かっておる

ブルメシア王
「だが、いまは、わずかとなったブルメシアの国民の命がかかっておるのだ

Thanks in advance !

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2014-07-07 01:31:57 »
Freya
It has been some time, Your Majesty.

King of Burmecia
Ah, Freya, well met.
The High Priest and I welcome you.

High Priest of Cleyra
My Lady.
It would appear that this predicament no longer concerns Burmecia alone.

Freya
I understand, Your Holiness.
And yet...
I fear my strength alone may not suffice.

King
Freya...I know what troubles you.
I must apologize for earlier.
Can you ever forgive me?
No! Of course you cannot.
But the fate of the people of Burmecia now hangs by but a thread.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-07 01:50:11 by luksy »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2014-07-07 11:11:07 »
Great job  ;)
I added it to the list, as well as the balloon mini-game.

Yugisokubodai

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2014-07-10 13:52:26 »
I finished the Kanji table for disc 3 today.
Hope a new version will be released soon  :P

By the way, has disc2,4 done yet? If not, I'll take the job done.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2014-07-10 16:23:55 »
Disc 4 is done, there is only disc 2 left then (minus Cleyra) :D

aladore384

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2014-07-10 21:50:49 »
Thank you so much ! I'll upload it ASAP !

http://aladore3viii4.free.fr/patches/

« Last Edit: 2014-07-10 23:07:14 by aladore384 »

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2014-07-11 02:47:52 »
how codes to make all card with all arrow and complete attributes like this Nova dragon?

Yugisokubodai

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2014-07-11 10:34:29 »
I'm done with Disc 2, too.
For me, Hades Workshop is perfect but one litte thing discribed below.
An example here, you can see the dialogue window (bubble) fit the text length perferctly.

But in game it looks like this

It means dialogue bubble lenght doesn't displayed exactly. Since it already knew the lenght (how many pixels) of each characters, so the whole text lenghth calculating and displaying is a piece of cake. Pleas correct if I'm wrong  ;D

Hope to see this get fixed along with the kanji table in the next version.  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2014-07-11 10:36:30 by Yugisokubodai »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2014-07-11 10:59:39 »
Yeah, the bubble's length is inaccurate. You're right when you say that calculating the text's length is a piece of cake, but that means displaying the text with the extracted charmap images. I was thinking of doing that eventually, but that's a totally different way to do it (I basically have to rewrite the whole "WriteText" feature of a text editor ^^).
I don't think it'll come in the next version, but I'll try to do it soon still.

@ gledson999 : You'd like to check out this other awesome program :P

Yugisokubodai

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2014-07-11 11:04:19 »
Oh I didn't know that it's complicated.
By the way, can I paste the Kanji tables to config file ? Or I have to do something special to read proper Japanese?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2014-07-11 11:23:36 »
The program is not configured yet to read several external charmap at once. It'll also come in the next version.

LetCreativityPlay

• Final Fantasy FTW *_*
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/LetCreativityPlay
« Reply #189 on: 2014-07-11 15:52:52 »
wow awesome idea!

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2014-07-12 19:57:03 »
Thanks, I guess. Not sure which idea you're talking about :p

Update to 0.24c. Not a lot of new things here, mainly the support of japanese extended dialogs. Tell me if you find errors in kanjis.
Also, you can now edit textures and images pixels by pixels inside the program. It's not so easy to draw letters but that's better than exporting/importing. You can also make some good stuff with item icons and other UI images. You can zoom in/out using the wheel, but you can't modify the color set in the palettes yet.

And that's quiet all, if I recall well.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2014-07-12 22:14:58 »
I just tested my issue and the second "[RED" (heh, putting that in brackets works on this forum, too) does not shadow, for everyone's future reference. I don't know if that second Red was there in the last version and I overlooked it, but in this version it works fine for sure. Maybe I misunderstood when you said there were two versions; I thought you meant available to code so I didn't check.

Either way, thanks for the great and consistent support!

I'm going to add the colored text to my moddings be in line with the game and probably change the MP cost on Six Dragons. Odd ability, that.

Yugisokubodai

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2014-07-13 01:28:33 »
I don't know why, but there's still some Kanji missing, which is replaced with ?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2014-07-13 09:15:04 »
Where? Which place?
Thisguyaresick2 told me that there was some for enemies' name. I didn't find out how those are handled.
If it is in dialogs, I just checked in everyone of them from disc 1 and didn't find any. You're sure that's not regular ? ? ^^

Yugisokubodai

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2014-07-13 13:30:34 »
Oh it's strange that after resetting my PC, the field message is OK now. But there's stell some missing Kanji in the enemies tab.
For example, disc 1, enemy いただきキャット

I don't know what is the fist character, but the second one is 滅 (metsu) for sure.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2014-07-14 20:35:52 »
Say, I just noticed many items' Battle Help text is messed up in my modded discs. I did not do this. The clean ISOs are okay. All the Battle Help entries before Ice Brand are long strings of 0s, fragments of unknown text, computer gibberish. The actual entries start with Ice Brand: i.e., Ice Brand is "Cinna's Hammer," Coral Sword is "Weapon used by thieves" [Dagger].

Everything looks okay in-game, though, so I thought it might be something with the workshop's reading? If it had been something I'd done... I almost certainly would have asked you anyway ;) Battle Help is the tooltip that comes up for Amarant's Throw menu, right? I downloaded a save GameFAQs (that's how I have been doing my testing) and checked some tooltips in the Throw menu and none of the daggers appeared off.

Thought of doing some further testing for you:

My clean ISOs, which are the basis for my most recent modded discs (the ones I mention here) do not have this issue. Patched disc 1 at least of the previous version of my mod also looks fine. Now this is interesting: if I open the clean ISO and then open the most recent mod (the only one with the symptom), there is no issue. I also looked at the Menu Help tips all the way down the list in case maybe they got offset later (though the erroneous Battle Help doesn't appear to have anything to do with the Menu Help), but it's all in alignment. So it's just something about how Hades Workshop reads this particular patched disc, evidently.

Fyi, the only differences between this mod and the previous versions are that I deleted a little Menu Help text in order to put in the properly colored Elem Atks which I modded and I adjusted Steiner's base magic stones because evidently I had not actually done that in the version I uploaded.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-14 20:45:52 by Vir »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2014-07-14 21:02:22 »
Yes, Amarant's throw menu and also item's menu (ores and potions have a slightly different help).
That's not normal and it will bug if you attend to save.

I guess that's because it scanned the discs wrongly, because it was already patched. It should only scan clean ISO, otherwise that can happen.

Try to do that :
1) Make a scan of a clean ISO (simply open it with HW), you end up with a file (eg. : FFIX_Disc1.hwf) in the directory of your ISO,
2) Rename that .hwf file so it matches the name of your modded ISO (eg. : FFIX_Disc1_Modded.hwf) - replace the old one if needed -,
3) Open your modded ISO with HW.

It shouldn't do a scan of your modded ISO (otherwise you messed up something) and it should work well (otherwise I messed up something ^^).

If that doesn't work, please send me the patch you used and the .hwf file.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2014-07-14 21:58:17 »
It's all straight when loaded that way. It's no problem for me even if it reads it funny as long as it works in the game, of course. Just trying to help if I found a bug :)

itoikenza

• Chrono Cross Modder: http://pastebin.com/fuj8s836
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cross Hacking Wish List!
« Reply #198 on: 2014-07-15 13:21:32 »
Tirlititi, is the change/defend able to fully edit now? i wanna make "change" a custom movelist called "killer" with desc. "Kills and Heals"

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2014-07-15 22:05:14 »
Na, the command pannel hasn't been improved, sorry.
I never had the chance to get the datas related to it. I hope that's not too deeply hardcoded but I fear it is.

I saw there was a patch for improving the ATB speed in-battle. I'll check about it ; maybe that'll give me informations on how commands are handled. I'll see that before getting into the script.