Author Topic: [FF7] Qhimm Catalog 3.0 Reports / Requests  (Read 317516 times)

Yuffie1983

• View Profile

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7] Update Reports and Mod Requests
« Reply #151 on: 2016-01-04 22:03:01 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14095.msg197540#msg197540
As far as I know, Cloudiar never released this mod. Can't very well be included if it was never released in the first place.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2016-01-04 22:06:49 »
As far as I know, Cloudiar never released this mod. Can't very well be included if it was never released in the first place.

Really, that sucks I genuinely thought it was released. Sorry about that :-[ should of researched a bit better.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2016-01-04 22:59:20 »
Really, that sucks I genuinely thought it was released. Sorry about that :-[ should of researched a bit better.

Looks kind of interesting, I remember they had an AH in ff9 too, it'd be cool if they added something like that in the remake. As long as it's in game items and not real life micro transactions or dlc for items...knowing Square and other gaming companies today...

What I would really like to see in a mod is the  ff7 GFS retextured I saw some video where the guy ripped the models from ff10, Shiva looked gorgeous.

kidkat

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2016-01-05 00:31:31 »

I think it was released at some point in a VII OVA Remake pack at Cloudiar website (http://ffvii.mooo.com) but the site is down, and couldn't find any mirrors looking at spanish pages, so the only chance would be to find anyone who still has it or contact him to re-upload it.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2016-01-05 01:17:45 »
Ok so ive tried new game with 7h+nt(iro game story) + r03 exe installer, just to see what goes. It appears that nt part is working perfectly, in the beginners hall nt stuff is shown correctly(loaded previously saved game played wo nt mod), as in the YouTube video "new threat mod 1.3 (anti-anima) ep 1- a threatening start" around 34th minute, the tutorial in my game is the same as in video tutorial. The game is nt faithfull u till i beat scorpion 2nd time, didnt go further.
On the other hand ive seen many dialogues ingame so far (started great glacier in disc 2) and there is definitely a lot of changes in dialogue, presumably from r03. Few glitches such as game crashing when i enter sleeping man in the cave north of fort condor (with this install set but wo active nt mod), or not being able to get a second beta from zolom (when he hits yuffie with his tail she freezes and any action i take w other characters freezes commands and game just hangs - this also wo active nt mod), but overall its mostly smooth sailing. :-/
Maybe this will work as is...? Will reinstall to see if those glitches dissappear if yes it will be great. Maybe it would work even better w 2.0 who knows...
Edit: well sleeping man cave still crashes. Cant confirm zolom bug bc he flushes me out of battle, suppose it would also stay the same with present setup.
Maybe try full clean and reinstall all to see if it sorts those bugs.
Edit 2: It could be that it works so well bc r03 is installed and then nt is loaded via 7h on top of it? Just thinking aloud. It may serve some purpose to someone here.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-05 01:46:59 by lionheart82 »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2016-01-05 03:45:51 »
Ok so ive tried new game with 7h+nt(iro game story) + r03 exe installer, just to see what goes. It appears that nt part is working perfectly, in the beginners hall nt stuff is shown correctly(loaded previously saved game played wo nt mod), as in the YouTube video "new threat mod 1.3 (anti-anima) ep 1- a threatening start" around 34th minute, the tutorial in my game is the same as in video tutorial. The game is nt faithfull u till i beat scorpion 2nd time, didnt go further.
On the other hand ive seen many dialogues ingame so far (started great glacier in disc 2) and there is definitely a lot of changes in dialogue, presumably from r03. Few glitches such as game crashing when i enter sleeping man in the cave north of fort condor (with this install set but wo active nt mod), or not being able to get a second beta from zolom (when he hits yuffie with his tail she freezes and any action i take w other characters freezes commands and game just hangs - this also wo active nt mod), but overall its mostly smooth sailing. :-/
Maybe this will work as is...? Will reinstall to see if those glitches dissappear if yes it will be great. Maybe it would work even better w 2.0 who knows...
Edit: well sleeping man cave still crashes. Cant confirm zolom bug bc he flushes me out of battle, suppose it would also stay the same with present setup.
Maybe try full clean and reinstall all to see if it sorts those bugs.
Edit 2: It could be that it works so well bc r03 is installed and then nt is loaded via 7h on top of it? Just thinking aloud. It may serve some purpose to someone here.

Well you also have to keep in mind, if you've never played the Pc version before like me that the PC game script is different than the Ps1, when I first installed New Threat I thought I had reunion somehow because I didn't realize they changed the script for PC a bit, like I said Segachief also altered the script a bit it seems too. So if you are remembering the ps1 script it will be quite different just with PC version and New Threat, even without Reunion.

http://thelifestream.net/ffvii-the-original/ffvii-version-guide/ps-english-versus-pc-english/

Scroll a bit down to see what I mean.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2016-01-05 09:27:09 »
Hahaha you dawg you! That very tiny thought occured to me and vanished as fast as it came but yiu just said it. :-) so the only thing I got from r03 is different menu!? Strawberry strawberry and double strawberry! Marshmallows and lollipops! :O
Ok olearyf you really are an eyeopener. I believe i bought steam version bc of you in the first place as well. ;-) thx. Then there are no qs on that anymore. I gues even that great mo in r03 is not possible to get separately to combine with nt? Since the iros version of mo is not working i guess ill just play nt and be done with it, wait up for 2.0. Troubles is over. I was just about to reinstall the whole setup, just save me the trouble.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #158 on: 2016-01-05 09:33:13 »
You can play NT with the MO from R03e. Both are in Catalog 2.0.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2016-01-05 09:34:09 »
hey Alyza

is catalog 2.0 gonna be released by today

and keep up the great work

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2016-01-05 09:37:02 »
For strawberries sake I'd hug you of you were here. Love you Queenalyza. B-)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #161 on: 2016-01-05 09:58:03 »
hey Alyza

is catalog 2.0 gonna be released by today

and keep up the great work

Trying to. The uploads are at 75% :)

For strawberries sake I'd hug you of you were here. Love you Queenalyza. B-)

:lol: Well, I'm glad you're excited.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2016-01-05 10:23:01 »
Oh and one minor request is it possible to remove those random letters before iros names like uehebjfickfkdjsbenfjfujd_animations? Makes it hard to read and arrange iros.

I renamed iros files by number and backed them up so when i reinstall / reset 7h i just copy them wo su scription, import in proper order. Maybe it could be implemented that a proper order of iros is already set when dld so ppl dont have to guess what goes when?
« Last Edit: 2016-01-05 10:26:03 by lionheart82 »

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2016-01-05 10:50:05 »
Trying to. The uploads are at 75% :)

:lol: Well, I'm glad you're excited.

Will the tutorial you wrote from the last release still apply for this one. Also again thank you very very much again young lady for this ;D ;D :) :-*

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2016-01-05 10:52:03 »
And to add to that question will it be enough to just re-download new iros with current setup or as yuffie said reinstall the whole game-7h-eros?

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2016-01-05 11:36:29 »
And to add to that question will it be enough to just re-download new iros with current setup or as yuffie said reinstall the whole game-7h-eros?

A new release like this will require a fresh install so there are as few errors as possible and do a registry cleaner for good measure. You need to remember that a new release has a new interface so alway a fresh start is the always the best way to go.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2016-01-05 11:38:36 »
A new release like this will require a fresh install so there are as few errors as possible and do a registry cleaner for good measure. You need to remember that a new release has a new interface so alway a fresh start is the always the best way to go.
Ahaha so i just did a fresh install w current setup through the whole night for nothing! Thx 4 d heads up yuffie. ;-)
Here we go again, uninstall, reinstall unpack reset... :-P the joys of life. O:-)

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2016-01-05 12:20:20 »
We must reinstall just 7H, or the entire FF7 game too ?

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2016-01-05 12:21:51 »
FML and FTW, reinstall the whole pack, full speed forward and to hell with the torpedoes! ^o^

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2016-01-05 12:24:38 »
We must reinstall just 7H, or the entire FF7 game too ?

Game as well totally from scratch, it does not take long any to install the game anyway.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2016-01-05 12:26:00 »
Wow such live talk we all must be sitting on the eggs waiting for that 2.0 to hatch. ;-)

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2016-01-05 12:56:20 »
Hahaha you dawg you! That very tiny thought occured to me and vanished as fast as it came but yiu just said it. :-) so the only thing I got from r03 is different menu!? Strawberry strawberry and double strawberry! Marshmallows and lollipops! :O
Ok olearyf you really are an eyeopener. I believe i bought steam version bc of you in the first place as well. ;-) thx. Then there are no qs on that anymore. I gues even that great mo in r03 is not possible to get separately to combine with nt? Since the iros version of mo is not working i guess ill just play nt and be done with it, wait up for 2.0. Troubles is over. I was just about to reinstall the whole setup, just save me the trouble.
Lol for a second I thought you were going to call me a spoony bard.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2016-01-05 13:00:09 »

I'm sorry I'm  a newb at modding but I think this might be wrong. 7th heaven injects mods while you play, that is why it creates that folder in the steam directory with all the temporary files of the mods you downloaded. So yes maybe you have a point if he already manually installed a bunch of mods, but I think when Alyza releases the new catalogue all I have to do is delete Satsuki's textures I manually installed and then just use 7th heavens Satsuki textures which they inject at runtime. If we were using bootleg then yes you would have to start over, but I think that is the perk of 7th heaven, everything it does is temporary so it doesn't screw up your game files!

Edit:So yes it might be the case that he has to start over because he manually installed Reunion, and I'm not sure where that installs to or what files it affects, but if it created a reunion folder in your mods folder you probably just have to delete that(Which I think is what happens!). But it was also worrying two other people it seemed so I wanted to try to clarify that they probably don't have to start over. I'd just wait to see what Alyza says before you cause yourself more work.

TLDR: We probably just have to re-download the mod files from 7th heaven when the catalogue is patched, not completely uninstall re-install, key clean ff7. That is the point of 7th heaven as opposed to bootleg from what I can gather. Just wait to see what Alyza says when she is ready to save yourself work/time.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-05 13:09:20 by olearyf2525 »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2016-01-05 14:07:15 »
Ok ive reinstalled game only, defragged, waiting (im)patiently for that post...

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2016-01-05 14:09:03 »
Lol for a second I thought you were going to call me a spoony bard.
You forky minstrel you! Actually thanks to that i bought a bunch of other rpg on ny sale just these days. ^o^ kudos to you.

https://app.box.com/s/57m1his1f4w5ooixve0n51ghc4xdvhqy
« Last Edit: 2016-01-05 14:12:05 by lionheart82 »