Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] Omzy's Field Pack - dramatically improved backgrounds! (2013-07-13)  (Read 275475 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
You can convert the png to a 24bit bmp than save the tex file. The bigger issue though is the incredible amount of time that'll take. So much easier to just convert your game to the 98 version.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
24 bit works? I've only been doing 32 bit because anything lower doesn't work with PNG format. You know, despite the fact that there are 7000+ field files, the process to convert is all the same. I have all the fields imported and edited, but I can't figure out how Omzy Batch Exported them back into the correct PNG format.

I'm wondering, if we gather enough people and designated smaller amounts across all field files, we can collaboratively get it done pretty quickly. Any thoughts or offers to help?
« Last Edit: 2013-11-12 02:02:52 by EQ2Alyza »

Theclad

• Idir - FFDream.com
    • View Profile
    • FINAL FANTASY DREAM - Webmaster
For sure the collaborative work is the way to go ! I'm in, if you need it ! :)

I need to have some discussion with my bro' Myst6re about this process.

Borde

• View Profile
The original field backgrounds aren't stored in TEX files. The format used to store them is actually completly different and has very heavy color restrictions. Besides, the tile size is not configurable either. There is no way HD backgrounds could be used with the 2012 version. Unless Aali's driver was adapted to support it (or someone else came with an equivalent).

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
I'm not sure meant to say tex file, but rather the file format that Palmer imports the PNG back into. I technically have figured out how to import my field edits, but it's only individually. Omzy has tried to help me in PMs with the batch process, but I can't get it working on my end.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
I'm wondering, if we gather enough people and designated smaller amounts across all field files, we can collaboratively get it done pretty quickly. Any thoughts or offers to help?
Oh still need some help? Don't know what i would need to do though

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
All those who offered help, please stick around. I want to finish my other 2 projects before I get to this one. I will come back to this, hopefully by New Years  :)

Isuldor

• View Profile
I'm not sure if anyone's maintaining this mod at this point, but I'll just leave these here in case it does get some attention again in the future.I'm not sure if any of this is due to Aali's driver, of which I am using 8.1b.
This texture seems to be behaving strangely when you walk out of the door (shown in the screenshot):
http://i.imgur.com/VQhN8ae.png
Here's another misbehaving texture:
http://i.imgur.com/u5GEP8g.png
The railing at the corel reactor looks a bit blocky:
http://i.imgur.com/ksrSiCJ.png
« Last Edit: 2014-01-14 19:52:15 by Isuldor »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
I see it's been addressed, But is there a proper fix for this? I don't use bootleg as i like the control handling the files manually goes, So it's not an option for me.

Asshiah

• View Profile
It seems it is no longer possible to use the 'disable_popup' option in Aali's custom driver configuration file in its latest version.

Thus we can't hide the GLITCH error messaged anymore...

chimobayo

• View Profile
hi, i have the ff7 2012 pc version and i am trying to load on the game the textures of the omzy´s fiedl pack.

Is it possible or do i need to convert the ff2012 version to the old version of the game?

How can i convert the 2012 version to the old version?

Thanks.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
Hi chimobayo. If you want to use Omzy's field pack then you need to convert your game to the 1998 version. Here is a link that will point you in that direction. Keep in mind you will also need Aali's custom driver as well.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14047.0

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Kompass63's GameConverter will install Aali's Custom Driver  0.7.11b :)

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
Neat. I did not know this  :)

chimobayo

• View Profile
Hi, i converted the FF7 2012 game with the Gameconverter and the Gameconverter moved me the game to C:/Games/FF7

By error, the first time i launched the game opening ff7.exe, and the game worked but not in full size, only in windowed mode.

After that, i launched the game using the ff7launch.exe and then the the game worked fine, but i still am not able to load the hi res textures of the Omzys Pack.

I have followed the instructions of this thread an now i have a lot of folders of the Omzy pack textures decompressed in C:/Games/FF7/mods/FacePalmer/field

Previously  i edited the ff7_opengl.cfg and now my mod_path is mod_path = Facepalmer\     but the game didn´t load the hi textures.

How can i load the hi res textures?

How can i know if the mods are really working on my ff7 game?

Thanks for your help.

chimobayo

• View Profile
This is my ff7_opengl-0.7.11b config file

# ff7_opengl-0.7.11b config file

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 960
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = FacePalmer/

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = yes

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.
############################################
#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = yes

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = off

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = yes

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = off

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = off

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = yes

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = off

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = off

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = off

# use pixel buffer objects to speed up texture loading
# will probably crash horribly on ATI cards but should work for NVIDIA users
use_pbo = off

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = off

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = yes

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = off

#######################
# Disable Error Notifications
disable_popup = yes

# extern additional library
load_library = Multi.dll

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
You need to launch the game with ff7.exe otherwise you aren't using the custom driver to support the mods.

To get fullscreen to work, you need to open ff7_opengl.cfg and set the window sizes equal to your windows resolution.

Kompass63

• View Profile
Previously  i edited the ff7_opengl.cfg and now my mod_path is mod_path = Facepalmer\     but the game didn´t load the hi textures.
And I think you have to remove the \ behind mod_path = Facepalmer\

chimobayo

• View Profile
Thankssss!!!, EQ2Alyza and  Kompass63. It worked!!!!.

It works fine and the game now loads the new textures without problem.

Now i am going to see how to change the controls of the game because the 98 version controls are umconfortable and i prefer the 2012 keyboard controls. Do you know if is there any mod for making this change?

Zerox

• 3D Models for FF7
    • View Profile
3GB seems a bit too much for me for this. So I decided to batch resize them to 512x512 with irfan view instead of The 1024x1024. It made it about 1GB instead and I believe the quality looks the same. The only problem I'm having is that the textures aren't displaying transparency in FF7 now. But outside FF7 they have transparency.

How can I fix the transparency in-game?

Sonicmfc

• View Profile
Can a torrent be made it out of this to download? I've tried downloading at least 3 times only to get past 2gb downloaded for a network error to make me have to restart the entire thing which is no fun on a slow connection :-\

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
https://kickass.to/tifa-s-package-bootleg040-mods-t6955570.html#main

Use uTorrent and only select FacePalmer.zip, FixedLightingTextures PART1.rar, FixedLightingTextures PART2.rar, FixedMissing Files.rar, FixedSpecialCases.rar. Extract the fixes after FacePalmer and overwrite.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Does somebody know where the batch file is to remove lighting layers? They still don't work correctly and I don't want to remove them all by hand.

Rufus

• View Profile
I have found a bug:

yarlsons & omzys backgrounds screw up the whirlwind maze, you can’t tell when to cross through the waves.

If the bug cannot be fixed I would suggest updating the texture pack to have the original backgrounds for these scenes until a fix has been made.

I do not see the bug being mentioned on the main page of this thread so I can only assume it has not ben reported as a known issue.

I was using 7th heaven to load the textures if that helps.