Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 844980 times)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.33b)
« Reply #500 on: 2016-04-23 22:31:23 »
Thanks Satoh, but the unknown integers are displayed properly ; the values are too round to be 2 splitted numbers and the Steam code source name them "offsets" (as signed shorts).

There are usually sufficient free space to add a bit of code (in general, a good big entry would fit in). The problem is that the exact free space is quiet random and can indeed cause trouble if you need to add some constant code to all the scripts ; there are surely several for which you'll be unlucky and there won't be enough space... For now, and for long, the only solution will be to be inventive and grab some space elsewhere in the script (either by shortening the code, either by cutting unneeded lines).
The length by itself will never "corrupt" the script. You'll get bugs if the script that you added is in conflict with the normal script (or if you do things like dividing by 0 :evil: ), but that's all.

It would be really useful to have a list of unused variables, indeed. I know there are a few gaps in the "chest-opened" flags, but I don't know if there are large ranges of unused (and memory card-saved) variables. I don't have time to investigate it for the moment though :/

I updated my Hidden Dialogs video with the Steam version ; t'was a good practice to see what problems arise with the Steam version when trying to import the modification patterns from the PSX version.

I have a clearer idea of how Hades Workshop could be made compatible with the Steam version now. Don't expect it to come out before 2 weeks (that's my target time, but I know from experience I always pass it because of technical problems I didn't expect ^^"). You won't be able to use the most basic features of HW with the Steam version at the beginning. Oddly enough, the modification of party's spells and items will be more difficult than the enemies spells and AI, or Field scripts.

EDIT : I've had even more technical difficulties than I thought, and I'm just at the stage of reading datas (after that, I'll need to create modded files). And overall, I'm fed up of this steam version...
I'll definitely make a compatibility update next, but it'll take more time than expected.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-01 18:43:40 by Tirlititi »

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2016-04-24 09:21:28 »
I don't know if it helps or is new information to you, but as the steam version is built from Unity, the Mono disassembler in Cheat Engine can crack open what appears to be the full code library in use by the game... I've yet to decipher exactly how to get at the runtime values of the variables and code I found there.

Also, the character models and world map data are stored in the streaming assets/p0data* files. Had only moderate success handling them since those files seem to be a slightly modified form of the Unity raw asset packages, rather than a normal use which could easily be unpacked and repacked at will.

It seems like the UI stuff is in the maindata, resources.assets, and sharedassets.assets files inside [x86|x64]/ff9_data folder.

All in all, once the mono code is figured out, I wouldn't be surprised if the steam version was 10x more moddable, immediately. (Since everything would be coded in one place, in assembled C# from the look of it.)

Welp. I hope that's useful. This is all just outside my normal range of modding skill, but fascinating nonetheless.

uzoko1

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2016-05-06 04:07:19 »
Hey so how is the Steam compatibility coming along? I can't wait to dig into it so I can Change party members :D

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2016-05-06 22:14:42 »
Hum... here is my progress so far (expect a bunch of errors terminating the program when you look at it) :
HadesWorkshop_ProgressVersion

- I've made some file mapping about the assets and all.
- Most of the texts are readed (the accent/ponctuation errors, I'll take care of it soon ; the opcodes will remain displayed like this for a moment).
- Several Chunk datas are readed (enemy stats and scripts).

[UPDATE 16/05] : Link updated. It can now read Fields, World Maps and Tetra Master related datas. The field background are messed up because I need to find out how the tiles are sorted.
[UPDATE 21/05] : Link updated. It can now read all the datas except MIPS code, Battle Scenes and Spell animations (shared ones ; the enemies' ones can be seen).

Needless to say you can't have a practical use for this version ^^"
Even the PSX files won't be loaded correctly for the time I do the compatibility changes.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-09 17:33:39 by Tirlititi »

uzoko1

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2016-05-08 13:18:33 »
Awesome thank you for the feed back bud, I wish there was something I could do to help you with this...Also when I tried opening HW just now i got this error.
"This program can't start because wxmsw30u_core_gcc471TDM.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix this problem."
What is that? Can't even google it.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-08 13:20:56 by uzoko1 »

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2016-05-08 17:14:58 »
I also receive that error message (and also 4 times with another DLL which is missing).

vivigix

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2016-05-09 00:22:58 »
uzoko1, Fraggoso you should place HadesWorkshop_ProgressVersion.exe in Hades Workshop 33b version folder, there wxmsw30u_core_gcc471TDM.dll file located and other dlls, and program will run.
Tirlititi, I tried open bins in assets folder, but program creashes every time when I am trying open any file named p0data. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. What file can open HadesWorkshop_ProgressVersion?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2016-05-09 07:21:37 »
Open the Launcher.exe file. You're not supposed to know in which file whichever data is : the program does it for you ^^"

I don't put the .dll inside the download link to avoid potential misunderstandings. This is not a working version of the tool, only a way to respond to the "how the progression goes" question by a sample.

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2016-05-09 20:35:00 »
uzoko1, Fraggoso you should place HadesWorkshop_ProgressVersion.exe in Hades Workshop 33b version folder, there wxmsw30u_core_gcc471TDM.dll file located and other dlls, and program will run.
Tirlititi, I tried open bins in assets folder, but program creashes every time when I am trying open any file named p0data. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. What file can open HadesWorkshop_ProgressVersion?

Thanks for that and also thanks for Tirlititi to point out that you need to open the launcher.exe ^_^
Seem preatty good so far. Random crashes here and there, but that should be obviouse. ^^

uzoko1

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2016-05-11 01:31:38 »
HadesWorkshop 33B version where is that at??? Sorry if I am being blind.

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2016-05-11 16:34:49 »
HadesWorkshop 33B version where is that at??? Sorry if I am being blind.

At the front page of the thread, the big bold "Hades Workshop" right above the list of older versions.

uzoko1

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2016-05-18 22:00:02 »
Okay so what things are we able to really do right now? I can't alter the scripts in the Field menu of enviornments cuz Hades will just shut down on me. Can I change skills still? Sorry if you said this before, but I am reading and confused haha.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2016-05-18 22:30:37 »
Needless to say you can't have a practical use for this version
It seems it was needed in the end...

uzoko1

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2016-05-20 08:23:10 »
What do you mean bud? Also how is the hades workshop coming along?
EDIT: Also if I was to configure everything on the old Hades and you get the new one up and running, will I be able to transfer the modded on onto that?
And to add onto that, any key new features that may appear in the new one for steam because it will open a lot more than the psx ver.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-20 22:36:22 by uzoko1 »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2016-05-21 10:11:43 »
@uzoko1 : That means you can't mod the game with this version of HW. Only see the datas (and enjoy the program's crashes :p ).
About transferring mods from the PSX version to the Steam version : yes it will be possible minus a few things :
1) MIPS code and Battle Scene model changes won't be importable,
2) Maybe the Spell Animations won't be either for the first versions,
3) All the texts will likely be in that case as well (moreover, Steam's datas have 7 different languages ; you'll need to modify the texts in each one to have a proper mod),
4) It might be that the script importation will be buggy, as there is also 1 script per language. Though they are mostly the same among the different versions, there are few differences (the only one I noticed is the Ragtime Mouse's way of talking : in the US, the dialogs are split in 2 windows while in the french version, the dialogs are in a 2-lines window).

Also, I hope to have more features for the Steam version. Most of the data size limitations will be removed in the next release (they'll still be there for the PSX versions). Later, I think I'll add an IL code modifier looking like the PSX's MIPS code and an Unity Archive editor, to have something a bit more adapted to FF9's assets files.

I updated the WIP link ; most of the datas can be properly viewed now (the field scripts can sometimes crash the program... I think it's a RAM capacity problem, but that's kinda weird). The field backgrounds and texts are still badly displayed.

I'm also planning to create a github project for this, as it's getting bigger and bigger. I'll finish that version first, but tell me if you're interested in coding the tool with me.

uzoko1

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2016-05-21 13:13:44 »
I am definitely interested in coding, but as you know through our emails, i am no pro...but I also can donate to you if you actually need money for this project, unless its absolutely free, just time consuming. I of course want to be able to do at least these 2 things as soon as things get working: Add and remove people to the party, as you know my Blank, and also be able to allow them to hold whatever they want, I would allow Zidane to hold spears and swords. So those things are the major things I would love to get working personally. Other than that idk what you would want me to help with or how to start. You also know my email, I have been checking constantly everyday these forums and my email for updates about HW, this is all I want, I love FFIX.

uzoko1

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2016-05-22 06:22:30 »
Also, I am working on the epsxe ver again, For the Evil Forest, I am setting Blank in, how do I set the pluto Blank again? Another question, For the first boss fight, how can I code them into there? it keeps "hard coding" steiner into the battle and no one else. Any ideas? I know it can be done cuz ive seen on youtube but idk how :/

froggy25

• View Profile
    • PokéPlayer
« Reply #517 on: 2016-05-29 14:24:11 »
I'll be sure to contribute if you create a GitHub project for hw :)

uzoko1

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2016-06-04 09:26:18 »
Tirlititi have you given up on the mod too...? You haven't been on in a while...

Pelig

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2016-06-07 19:27:23 »
Tirlititi have you given up on the mod too...? You haven't been on in a while...

I hope he's still working on it. I'm waiting the steam version of HW sooo much.

IzzacSturnburg

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2016-06-08 15:34:58 »
I hope he's still working on it. I'm waiting the steam version of HW sooo much.

He might have some life things to do, so I'll be patient. Doing the same stuff for long periods of time will burn out a person. So I completely understand.

He will come back to it eventually sometime.

Pelig

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2016-06-08 21:42:09 »
Sure, his life things have priority. No doubt.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2016-06-09 17:22:37 »
Actually, I do have an important work to do in the following month and I neglected it too much, so I won't work on HW for some time (unless there's a incredibly bad bug that can be fixed without too much effort).

Also, I lost my magic stick that makes modding games a piece o' cake  :'(

I let another WIP here, more interesting though, cause you can mod a bunch of things with it. I call it a beta release, because there will be much more bugs than usual.

Link removed ; the program has been updated in the first post

Special Warnings
  • I'm not sure that you can open modded versions of the game. I only know for sure that it's not compatible with Albeoris's Memoria (maybe applying Memoria after HW mods would work, but not the other way around).
  • You can't export your mod informations into .hws files as for the PSX version (it will come next though). That means there's no guarantee that you can create a mod, close the program and come back editing it, since I'm not sure HW will correctly read your modded game. You can try though.
  • The program creates no backup. You must create them yourself. More infos in the Save Instructions below.
  • You can't modify texts or Cards, only read them.
  • You can't modify the Battle Scenes in the "Enemies" panel, and they display wrong.
  • Editing things in the "Regular Items" and in the party's "Stats" panels will most likely make your game unplayable. Avoid it.
  • Modifying the game script's size strangely makes the game unplayable as well. Modifying the arguments of functions, such as "SetPartyReserve", should be fine, but don't add/remove lines of code. Remember the scripts are language-dependant.
  • The features under the menus "Batch" and "Tools" will likely bug.
  • I have absolutely no idea of how the PSX file edition fares... Safest plan for it is to use the last version of HW.

Everything else should work fine, unless it is disabled, like MIPS code edition. Also, contrary to the last WIP, it should still work after a SquareEnix update.

Saving Instructions
As said, you have to backup your files yourself. The program reads a "FF9_Launcher.exe" file and ask you a folder where you want to save your modded files. In any case, never choose the folder in which the selected "FF9_Launcher.exe" lies, either create a new folder either save it in a folder containing another "FF9_Launcher.exe".

Here are the 2 safest possible choices :
1) Start by creating a backup of your "FINAL FANTASY IX" folder. When you use HW, only open the backup files and choose the non-backup "FINAL FANTASY IX" folder when you save (it's important that you keep that default name). As that's the game launched by Steam, you'll have your game directly modded.
2) Start by creating a backup of your "FINAL FANTASY IX" folder and use that backup for HW, but create a new folder somewhere else for the saving. To apply the mod, you need to replace manually the files in the "FINAL FANTASY IX" folder by the modded ones.

In any case, a 3rd backup is not a bad idea, unless you don't mind downloading the game again in case of problems.

For the wisest of you, I'll see you when I release a stable version  :P
« Last Edit: 2016-07-22 18:58:06 by Tirlititi »

IzzacSturnburg

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2016-06-09 18:05:26 »
Heeey nice move there Tir, That should keep people composed awhile on the wait. Sorry to hear you lost your magic stick, hopefully you find it.  Thank's for the beta release and your time. Can't wait to see it evolve in the future.

Albeoris

• View Profile
    • FFRTT
« Reply #524 on: 2016-06-11 00:53:46 »
Good job! Do you change Assembly-CSharp.dll? If you don't - yes, you can apply Memoria after HW. But items and abilities data will be loaded from external CSV-tables. Otherwise, you get a checksum error.
Any ideas about integration? (:
https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria