Author Topic: i want to make a new tifa battle model  (Read 4688 times)

guywithquestions

• View Profile
i want to make a new tifa battle model
« on: 2011-03-17 17:57:09 »
how would i do this? someone should definitely help me out so i can be part of the ff7 remake team everyones got going. any thoughts?

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: i want to make a new tifa battle model
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-17 18:18:51 »
First off you have to acquire a 3D modelling suite and become reasonably good with it. I wouldn't recommend trying to jump right into modelling without knowing first knowing quite a lot about 3D modelling and how it works.

You have two choices, either go down the free route and get Blender, or
if you have a lot of money at your disposal, get 3DSMax. I personally prefer this program, although a lot of others much prefer Blender.

After you know your way around the program enough, search around here for modelling tutorials. There is an excellent one by Timu Simisu, which I can't seem to find at the moment, but it's around here somewhere.
When you learn how to accurately make a model that meets the standards of TA or any other graphic update projects around here (I don't think there are any others, actually), then you can create and contribute models you've made.

Also, this almost definately isn't Tech-related, so post in the appropriate section next time.

guywithquestions

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-18 06:24:48 »
Thank you for letting me know that. i have a lot of free time so when i get started ill post up pictures real soon.

guywithquestions

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-18 06:52:43 »
First off you have to acquire a 3D modelling suite and become reasonably good with it. I wouldn't recommend trying to jump right into modelling without knowing first knowing quite a lot about 3D modelling and how it works.

You have two choices, either go down the free route and get Blender, or
if you have a lot of money at your disposal, get 3DSMax. I personally prefer this program, although a lot of others much prefer Blender.

After you know your way around the program enough, search around here for modelling tutorials. There is an excellent one by Timu Simisu, which I can't seem to find at the moment, but it's around here somewhere.
When you learn how to accurately make a model that meets the standards of TA or any other graphic update projects around here (I don't think there are any others, actually), then you can create and contribute models you've made.

Also, this almost definately isn't Tech-related, so post in the appropriate section next time.
Also what are the piracy issues, i read a post on here that said ripping a model from the game and customizing it is illegal. or vice versa, creating a model and overwriting the old model in the game is illegal. im not totally sure and was wondering if you could help me out with that

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #4 on: 2011-03-18 08:38:57 »
Read the rules thread, it includes clarification on permissable models.  If you are on Qhimm you can't discuss or rip models from other games.  You can discuss and provide models made from scratch.  You cannot include any data from other games.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-03-18 08:45:25 »
Ugh. If you have to ask about the rules, not only are you openly admitting to not having read them, but you're basically asking us to read them for you. C'mon, I know you can handle this one on your own.

guywithquestions

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-03-18 15:41:47 »
i feel like im at an airpot and cant say the word "bomb" haha alright guys thanks. i cant seem to find that rules thread though

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-03-18 18:15:51 »
It's stickied in the FAQ section. But here's a link.

Obesebear/sl/qhimm/whoever: I know you've decided to eliminate the extraneous rules threads on every board, but it might be a good idea to at least have it duplicated in the Announcements and Site Development board, because that's a logical place to look, and some people might not look both there AND the FAQs board.