Author Topic: FFVII Remix Patcher issues  (Read 8192 times)

Zantetsuken

• View Profile
FFVII Remix Patcher issues
« on: 2010-06-04 03:41:42 »
sorry if i am asking an annoying question but i found the solution in the bug report but i cant do what the report says.

my issue is my New Game/Continue screen is all screwy *no sword and the word EXTER at the bottom* and so is my ingame txt.
the bug report says FIX: Turn on fancy_transparency in the OpenGL Config file
i go to my OpenGLconfig.bat and i get this
a pop up dos, instantly goes away and is replaced by untitled.txt window with nothing in it and a pop up saying The system could not find the path specified.

seems ive got some errors close to outfoxxed, world map textures not working as well, so i listened to obesebear (page 42 http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8915.1025) and tried activating Aali's driver it updates my registry and i go to run the game, i get a better looking Edios intro but right after that i crash...

Any help would be great, so far i love hardcore and the music is nice, its just this issue is whats holding me back from enjoying the game more...

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: FFVII Remix Patcher issues
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-04 04:14:55 »
im not at my normal computer so im likely getting the name wrong, but open *something something*.cfg that came with aali's driver, fancy transparancy is in there

Zantetsuken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-04 04:24:31 »
i see the Fancy transparency in the ff_opengl.cfg but when i use the ff_opengl.reg to use it, when i boot my game, it crashes
i go to my ff7 config and see what is done and i know that the ff_opengl.cfg is the custom render-er but my game seems to only wanna work right if software driver is enabled...

*also my open gl driver says its broken and i cant load the game up right with it on...
« Last Edit: 2010-06-04 04:26:10 by Zantetsuken »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-04 09:05:47 »
what version of Aali's driver are you trying to use ? also after you get the crash post your app.log (this can be found in the FF7 folder after the crash)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-04 13:06:37 »
well, if your using a .reg, it definately sounds like he's using one of the older ones, try a newer one, open .cfg with notepad, make sure its all to your liking, then let'er rip

Zantetsuken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-04 18:34:45 »
the zip file i got it from is 0.7.7b
as far as i see thats the only one i can find

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-04 18:39:16 »
first of all the remix patch uses 0.7.3 and has some problems with 0.7.7,
But since your using 0.7.7 have you already filled your save slots ? And made a ff7config.cfg ? (dont confuse this with ff7_opengl.cfg)
both of those are usually the reason for the crash on 0.7.7 of Aali's driver. If you look at your app.log it should say your missing them or if it isnt because of those the app.log will tell you what is making the game crash in most cases.

Zantetsuken

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-04 18:54:27 »
here is my app log, lol

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.7b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTS 250/PCI/SSE2 3.2.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 1: 1. Ethernet MIDI, mid=1, pid=102,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
MULTIMEDIA ERROR: The function is not supported. in FILE C:\lib\src\sound\midi1.cpp LINE 356
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
Volume control unsupported
MIDI INITIALIZED
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/flevel/hand_1_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/flevel/sibuki1_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/flevel/sibuki2_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/flevel/sibuki3_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/flevel/sibuki4_00.png, failed
set music volume: 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: H:\FF7\Movies\eidoslogo.avi; truemotion2/pcm_u8 320x240, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.133333, frames: 152
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/opback_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/opback_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/opback_c_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/opback_d_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/opback_e_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/opback_f_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name1_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name1_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name2_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name2_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name3_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name3_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name4_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name4_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name5_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name5_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name6_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name6_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name7_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name7_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name8_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/cr/name8_b_00.png, failed
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/usfont_a_l_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/usfont_b_l_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/btl_win_a_l_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/btl_win_b_l_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/btl_win_c_l_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/btl_win_d_l_00.png, failed
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/usfont_a_h_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/usfont_b_h_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/btl_win_a_h_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/btl_win_b_h_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/btl_win_c_h_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/btl_win_d_h_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/cloud_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/barre_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/tifa_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/earith_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/red_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/yufi_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/ketc_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/bins_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/cido_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/None/menu/buster_00.png, failed
ERROR: could not open file C:\Final Fantasy VII\save/save01.ff7

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-06-04 19:07:53 »
your missing saves, download a save (or copy your current save00.ff7) then copy them and rename them so all slots save00.ff7 to save09.ff7 are full, once thats done the game will get past that point.

Zantetsuken

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-06-04 19:18:09 »
alright the game will load now, but i cant seem to switch to the game, as in a task.
my rez switches to the game, but i have my windows bar and no music ill try a few things but thank you so far for this

also i just went with it and enterd a ballte and it crashed big time and i checked the app log on it says unhandled exception

*it seems to only do it when i use hardcore mode, when i use the regular exe im able to play fine just with a few errors
« Last Edit: 2010-06-04 19:33:34 by Zantetsuken »

Zantetsuken

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-06-04 19:38:40 »
gah... ok i fixed the video error but there is a ridiculous amount of brightness, still no music, and still cant enter a fight :*(
« Last Edit: 2010-06-04 19:41:03 by Zantetsuken »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-06-04 20:58:35 »
well like i was saying the remix patch was mostly made for use with 0.7.3 and alot of random battle's will just crash (i believe there is a thread on this somewhere) so try 0.7.3 and see if that problem still happens,
Is ff7music running ? And are you running the game from the remix .BAT files or are you trying to run from the EXE's ?
And do you have postprocessing on or off ? postprocessing is in the ff7_opengl.cfg and if its on it has a bloom filter which will make the game alot brighter so make sure its off.

Zantetsuken

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-06-04 21:20:46 »
alright to answer a few questions, when i run the game threw the .exe my fights and what not do not crash, when i load from the .bat is when i get the crash.
i fixed the brightness issue
my music didnt give me any issues before when i used the bat to run it, except at the beginning the midi and the remix version would play together but i fixed that, but since im using this driver i get no music at all, the ficedula thing is still running tho
lastly i cant find were to DL version 0.7.3 :/ could you please link me?

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-06-04 22:21:17 »
well 0.7.3 comes with the remix patch so if you reinstall it you should have 0.7.3, but if you dont have the installer you can download it from the qhimm wiki
http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Technical/Customising
also in Aali's driver have you removed the # from the line
#music_plugin
if its still there remove it and try ff7music again and that may help, but if you still have the remix installer it should have everything pre-set up for you.

Zantetsuken

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-06-04 22:35:28 »
ok i still had the installer and i reinstalled it but in my ff7config thing i cant chose anything other then software rendering
i remember seeing the # infront of the music plugin so i guess thats y it wasnt working... im confused on what to do from here tho

Zantetsuken

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-06-04 22:46:05 »
ok what i did was reinstall the Remix, but i took the ff7 config from 0.7.7b and used that, after a bit of configuration i got everything to work, music and no crashing in battles

the only thing that is different but ok, the cmd window when you run the bat file for hardcore says

a duplicate file name exists or the file cannot be found

i dont see an issue with this but its there

Thank you for everyones help!
Very much appreciated :D
« Last Edit: 2010-06-04 22:59:18 by Zantetsuken »

Zantetsuken

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-06-04 23:22:00 »
nvm thanx again!!!
« Last Edit: 2010-06-04 23:29:11 by Zantetsuken »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-06-05 01:57:38 »
nvm thanx again!!!

Quit double and triple posting.  It's obvious you know how to use the edit button, so I suggest you stick to it.

Soros

• View Profile
I'm having a wierd problem when I patch my game with this (and the updater)...
My first (probably not as wierd) problem is that the opening is not replaced with the updated one shown in the youtube video...I'd be happy to try out the mod itself but I can't find it...
The wierd problem is that the very first battle against the two soldiers has been changed in both location and enemies to a forest and two goblins...and goblin punch kills Cloud in one hit...Not great considering that they always get first hit and that's what it uses. Could this be related to the hardcore mod? I doubt the aim of that mod was to make things impossible so my guess is this is some wierd kind of glitch...Any ideas on what I should do?
I'm not using the Ultima edition, worry not =].

EDIT:
Ah sorry, my brower was acting up I didn't know this had already posted!

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Hmm.. There's already a thread for this in programming feedback. Please move your post there and delete this one cause we're trying to clean the forums. Just posted so that you would know. I'll delete it fast when you move your post. :)

Soros

• View Profile
I'll go there then, thanks =D. Urmm...I actually can't find the delete buttons for my post? Where do I find it or can you just delete it (if you're an admin)?

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Now that's odd. I'm sure we can delete posts but the button for deleting a post is removed. There's many changes in the forums. But I guess we can't remove our own posts in Game Tweaking. Obesebear will take care of it. :)

Soros

• View Profile
Yeah I just checked in the help section and I can't find that delete button anywhere. Anyway, thanks again for the help, I was wondering why I can't find a load of stuff that was here yesterday...Sorry for the bother.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-06-10 02:12:54 »
You can only delete posts in Completely Unrelated.

Also...post merged for tidiness.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
Is this dead or what?