Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838151 times)

blokx

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7025 on: 2018-07-08 22:34:31 »
I'll apply the Limits to the BC.exe and update the installers, etc.

Does 7H handle these updates automatically? Or do I need to download a new IRO manually?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: 2018-07-08 23:43:57 »
Does 7H handle these updates automatically? Or do I need to download a new IRO manually?

It's not automatic, when in doubt use the one I've got on this thread.

blokx

• View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: 2018-07-09 00:26:04 »
It's not automatic, when in doubt use the one I've got on this thread.

Awesome, thanks! 

Edit: Out of curiosity, what is the BC EXE missing right now? Anything major? That's the one I'm using (now that you helped me get that situated). Wondering if I should just wait until it's patched up.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-09 05:43:52 by blokx »

Geshtal123

• View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: 2018-07-09 02:51:29 »
Hey Sega, just wanted to say I'm LOVING your mod! It made a classic even better! Having an issue though, I just got Cait at the Saucer and I'm ranking him up for the 1st time and he got to rank up 3 times. Is this normal?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: 2018-07-09 12:41:38 »
Awesome, thanks! 

Edit: Out of curiosity, what is the BC EXE missing right now? Anything major? That's the one I'm using (now that you helped me get that situated). Wondering if I should just wait until it's patched up.

It seems to have default Limit Breaks at the moment.

Hey Sega, just wanted to say I'm LOVING your mod! It made a classic even better! Having an issue though, I just got Cait at the Saucer and I'm ranking him up for the 1st time and he got to rank up 3 times. Is this normal?

Yeah, the characters that join later on get 1-2 ranks free so that they aren't behind the other characters.

justsaiyandd

• View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: 2018-07-10 12:58:22 »
Sega chief thank you for responding to my post and i have another question. is the masked man supposed to use white wind to heal back 30K after being attacked. i thought that i might be able to beat him if i spammed limits before he used transfusion and then cause the soft lock? thank you again.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: 2018-07-10 19:14:06 »
Already posted on NG+, but maybe it gets seen here a little earlier.

So, the problem is concerning the Enemy Skill Quarry Fuse, buffing the enemy with invincibility, reflect, barrier and m-barrier. I read that it was fixed in the 30th June release, but it does not work with 7th heaven.
Additionally, I noticed the Limits not functioning as intended on the 7th Heaven Iro.

I tested the normal installer and everything works as intended there.

Some information here:
Installed via 7th heaven - already did a complete re-install. The mods I use with it are mainly graphical mods(Models, textures) and the menu overhaul+beacause.

Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: 2018-07-10 19:37:22 »
Sega chief thank you for responding to my post and i have another question. is the masked man supposed to use white wind to heal back 30K after being attacked. i thought that i might be able to beat him if i spammed limits before he used transfusion and then cause the soft lock? thank you again.

He'll only use it in response to a Limit Break; other attacks shouldn't trigger White Wind.

Already posted on NG+, but maybe it gets seen here a little earlier.

So, the problem is concerning the Enemy Skill Quarry Fuse, buffing the enemy with invincibility, reflect, barrier and m-barrier. I read that it was fixed in the 30th June release, but it does not work with 7th heaven.
Additionally, I noticed the Limits not functioning as intended on the 7th Heaven Iro.

I tested the normal installer and everything works as intended there.

Some information here:
Installed via 7th heaven - already did a complete re-install. The mods I use with it are mainly graphical mods(Models, textures) and the menu overhaul+beacause.

Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated.

I'm going to be updating all the files tonight. Quarry Fuse had some flags missing which meant it was setting all statuses instead of none, I must have missed adding the updated scene.bin to the IRO. I also need to sort out Limits on the .exe files; I think it's missing from the ff7_bc.exe used for menu overhaul compatibility.

Edit: I've updated the installer + IRO link with latest fixes. There's a notepad inside both called patch notes July with the changes.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-10 21:48:37 by Sega Chief »

justsaiyandd

• View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: 2018-07-11 00:39:48 »
He'll only use it in response to a Limit Break; other attacks shouldn't trigger White Wind.

I'm going to be updating all the files tonight. Quarry Fuse had some flags missing which meant it was setting all statuses instead of none, I must have missed adding the updated scene.bin to the IRO. I also need to sort out Limits on the .exe files; I think it's missing from the ff7_bc.exe used for menu overhaul compatibility.

Edit: I've updated the installer + IRO link with latest fixes. There's a notepad inside both called patch notes July with the changes.

thank you very much!

justsaiyandd

• View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: 2018-07-11 01:48:46 »
actually there is another question sorry but this seemed like a bug to me.
I beat the boss on floor 69 and after i got sucked in the vortex, i was transported to the ancient forest with no way off the continent .
 again sorry to bother

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7035 on: 2018-07-11 01:57:47 »
Ah, the IRO needs an extra bit of script for the exits on that field. I'll add it now.

Edit: This IRO has the walkmesh chunks included for correct exits from final cave field.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xhoekm2fk9wc7m1/FF7%20NT%20IRO%2010th%20July%202018.zip
« Last Edit: 2018-07-11 02:21:16 by Sega Chief »

justsaiyandd

• View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: 2018-07-11 02:31:17 »
thanks

again

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: 2018-07-11 15:54:50 »
Hello again.

A little pain point of this mod: Morphing bosses is god damn annoying. Many morph-items you get from bosses(At least early~ish in, just at Junon)  are pretty good accessoires.
Personally, I do not like that. Boss fights are meant to be a test of skill and strategy, but when you really want to morph them, they become super anti-climactic - and that really takes away from gameplay. Having powerful steals is much less annoiyng(Especially if the chance to steal is not abysmally low), as steals are not nearly as limited as morphs.

Maybe this pain point will vanish as the game progresses, but I figured I should just give my thoughts on this regardless.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: 2018-07-11 17:35:08 »
Hello again.

A little pain point of this mod: Morphing bosses is god damn annoying. Many morph-items you get from bosses(At least early~ish in, just at Junon)  are pretty good accessoires.
Personally, I do not like that. Boss fights are meant to be a test of skill and strategy, but when you really want to morph them, they become super anti-climactic - and that really takes away from gameplay. Having powerful steals is much less annoiyng(Especially if the chance to steal is not abysmally low), as steals are not nearly as limited as morphs.

Maybe this pain point will vanish as the game progresses, but I figured I should just give my thoughts on this regardless.

I would prefer to remove boss morphs but when I started that process I got complaints from players who felt Morph wasn't much use as a result and/or they were attempting to morph bosses and ended up with no reward. What I could do is set Morph to deal standard damage (or something close to it) to take some of that annoyance out; and that would also double up as making Command Counter a bit more useful when it's obtained early.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: 2018-07-11 18:02:36 »
I would prefer to remove boss morphs but when I started that process I got complaints from players who felt Morph wasn't much use as a result and/or they were attempting to morph bosses and ended up with no reward. What I could do is set Morph to deal standard damage (or something close to it) to take some of that annoyance out; and that would also double up as making Command Counter a bit more useful when it's obtained early.
Huh, I wouldn't guess people actually WANT to morph bosses. But generally, hammering in the idea of "don't morph bosses" seems to be a good direction.

Hm, I'll give you my take on steal/morph to make both satisfying.

Steal:
On normal enemies, it should have comparably little benefit and few "special" items. That said, it should also be rather easy to steal from them.
On bosses, I'd divide them into two categories:
On some, you can steal a "special"l item(Weapon, Accessoire). This should be is rather hard, but not frustratingly so.
On others, you can either steal nothing or steal a usable item(Elixier, Fire Fang, Potions - stuff like that). Preferably, the items should be immediately useful and the steal should be rather easy.

Morph:
Simply remove morphs from all bosses and switch the items to their drop.
On normal enemies, however... Morph should grant comparatively big rewards - in some cases(For example, rare~ish enemies like Ark Dragon or Eligor), you should be able to morph "special" rewards from them: A strong battle item, equipment, materia... Special stuff. This could also apply to enemies in out-of-the-way locations.
On more common enemies, morph should grant great monetary value and/or nice-to-have usable items. Tents, phoenix downs, ethers... Stuff like that.

This "system" would retain morphs usefulness and cement it as a "special" farming method for items/money, while taking out the gameplay-downs of morphing bosses...
And steal would be a generally useful, yet not overly strong, thing for normal enemies(Basically a "drop-chance" increase in many cases), while having a special spot against bosses - either granting you strong consumables or strong items, the difference of each signified by how hard the steal is(or if there is one).
« Last Edit: 2018-07-11 18:05:32 by Vaylen »

ZCFoxMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: 2018-07-12 00:32:33 »
Playing the Arranged Mode, and I'm wondering... Where do I get Alpha in the latest version? Because the Alpha Zolom uses Beta, much like in the original FF7.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: 2018-07-12 01:11:19 »
Alpha was dropped for a new skill called Transfusion, which is learned via Manipulate from Death Dealers in the North Crater. Holy element on enemy skill was moved over to Magic Breath.

ZCFoxMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: 2018-07-12 01:24:41 »
Oh, that explains it. Thanks. Btw...sorry to bring this up again, but...did you ever find out where Vincent's Supershot ST weapon was? Is it ACTUALLY in the Gelnika?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: 2018-07-12 03:09:30 »
Oh, that explains it. Thanks. Btw...sorry to bring this up again, but...did you ever find out where Vincent's Supershot ST weapon was? Is it ACTUALLY in the Gelnika?

Did a text search of the flevel there, and I now know why it's missing. It's in the chest next to the Gelnika save point. Problem is, that chest was set to hidden and I didn't set it back to visible. Whoops.

Geshtal123

• View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: 2018-07-12 16:56:29 »
 Quick question: I just got Cid in my party, and I’m curious if I have missed the deathblow materia.  It’s always been one of my favorite skills in the game and I certainly want to throw it on cid, thanks!

blokx

• View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: 2018-07-13 06:54:19 »
I just updated to the July 10th IRO and I just realized all of Aerith's weapons have no bonuses. She used to heal if she attacked with the Aurora Rod, now it's just a regular weapon that does damage. Was that on purpose? I also hit my first save point since the update and it's just a regular save point. None of the hotkeys are showing up. :/ I'm running the ff7_bc.exe

Not sure what happened but I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod and it's working fine again. So ignore me. Maybe some hiccup in 7H? Or maybe a classic PEBKAC.

Edit (again): And I'm back. Things appear to be working fine, but my "Next Level" bars look like this: https://imgur.com/ZW8uhR9
They even look like that on the battle success screen, too.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-13 07:24:00 by blokx »

Sylas420

• View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: 2018-07-13 07:31:37 »
The Level Cap was removed back in v1.35 or so; I thought I'd removed that from the documentation/Beginner's Hall text.

Hey sorry for the late reply... life got in the way and such. So the Level Cap text is definitely removed from the Beginner's Hall section. I didn't see it until I went to the Intermediate Hall in Junon. I had changed from v1.4 to v1.5 since I first started playing and wanted to check and see if there was any new information available. I thought that the level cap was added in v1.5, but looks like maybe the text was just left in the Intermediate Training Hall section. But that is really good to know that there's actually no level cap.

I can't imagine how much you have to keep track of with all the changes between versions, and people constantly asking you questions. You are a stellar person and we really appreciate your hard work. May the gates of Valhalla open for you someday my friend!  8)

warlikewolf

• View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: 2018-07-13 07:32:58 »
Nice Mod, I'm playing and is really amazing!
But I have some problem here. Cloud is with 250 of Power and if I upgrade the SP level I cannot use the Power Upgrade that is automatic received in the itens and the Mr. Smile don't allow me to leave the screen until I use all the upgrades ( but I cannot because already are with the maximum power ) There's a way to contour this?
Also, how I update the patch? I only install the new version over the old one and it's okay?
Thank you! and sorry my bad english

Sylas420

• View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: 2018-07-13 07:45:27 »
Edit (again): And I'm back. Things appear to be working fine, but my "Next Level" bars look like this: https://imgur.com/ZW8uhR9

Whoa that is weird... I think my game did that once before I was even using the NT mod, but it went away after I reloaded a save. What other mods are you using? I may see if I can replicate.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: 2018-07-13 13:06:27 »
I just updated to the July 10th IRO and I just realized all of Aerith's weapons have no bonuses. She used to heal if she attacked with the Aurora Rod, now it's just a regular weapon that does damage. Was that on purpose? I also hit my first save point since the update and it's just a regular save point. None of the hotkeys are showing up. :/ I'm running the ff7_bc.exe

Not sure what happened but I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod and it's working fine again. So ignore me. Maybe some hiccup in 7H? Or maybe a classic PEBKAC.

Sounds like a mod conflict to me. I use the same version without any of those troubles.
Check your load order in 7h(I think NT should be at the top).
Maybe some option in your mods are doing dumb stuff. Check them via 7h.
Use the custom exes included in the 10th july download and copy&replace them to your ff7 game folder.
Check 7h configuration.

If nothing works, redo the installation. Just backup your save files beforehand.

Edit: On an unrelated sidenote, so many good items hidden behind boss morphs really pisses me off at this point ~.~ Guess I will be de-equipping counter for bossfights... Which feels so dumb.

Edit 2: Currently at Mt. Corel and I feel the game is maybe... too easy. As mentioned above, the only "difficulty", if you wanna call it that, is to morph bosses - which is more arduous than anything else.
So I ask 2 questions: First, does the difficulty spike up significantly at certain points in the game? After all, you can spike the difficulty more and more as the player gains more options of play.
Secondly, can I switch to this mods "hardmode" and retain my safe? It is called "arrange mode", I believe. I heard that it is prone to bugs and glitches, though... Is this still the case?
As a sidenote: I think being able to change difficulty modes on the fly is a very good thing. Many people that do not look for a "hardcore"-mod, but still want a challenge, would be inclined to start with normal mode, yet oftentimes wanna go arrange mode at some point into the playthrough.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-13 15:00:11 by Vaylen »