Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4877669 times)

RascalQueen

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5125 on: 2017-03-30 15:43:34 »
Ah, okay, just wondering.  Was worried about maybe pushing my stats higher than intended with Battle Square grinding.  Pretty sure BS would be a necessary (or at least useful) tool in a Low Level Run of this mod, then.

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: 2017-03-31 02:02:44 »
Also I'd generally agree, going back over previous comments, that damage/HP might be a bit high.  Not too much - I could see a 10-20% reduction honestly giving the game a really satisfying pace while still being challenging.  If you did want to do a 'fast mode' kind of thing, I'd say aim for 25% HP reduction, but otherwise just trim a bit of fat - I find I'm consistently 'solving' fights and then having a few extra minutes of just repeating the routine until they fall over.

EDIT:  Bought my villa, where's my guy with the items?  I'm still on disc 1, if it's relevant - found a nice Mideel grinding strat.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-01 18:46:44 by RascalQueen »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: 2017-04-02 22:04:03 »
Did the villa not spawn anybody? I'll check into that.

Spoiler: show

One thing for everybody, I'm being told that the fix for North Crater doesn't work; if Aeris is sent Left, it will soft-lock the game. Send her Right instead for the time being until I can properly test and implement a solution for 1.5.

GilgameshGG

• View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: 2017-04-03 01:47:28 »
Periodically checking up on this thread, it reminded me of something that perplexed me. I was climbing Mt. Corel, and when I got to the Mako Reactor up there, monsters that I killed on that screen would pop up the 'SP GAINED' message as I killed them. I didn't think twice about it, thinking that it was only past that point that SP gains were unlocked. After progressing a bit more and not getting the SP gains, and reading the last msg's in this thread, I'm wondering if that was supposed to happen.

IIRC, the 'SP GAINED' message only showed up directly on the Mako Reactor screen, and nowhere else. Sadly, I can't tell you if the monsters did give me SP or not. I wasn't really in a beta testing mindset when it happened, I thought it was a feature. lol
« Last Edit: 2017-04-03 01:49:43 by GilgameshGG »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: 2017-04-03 03:02:24 »
Yeah, it was a fragment of the old message that used to play whenever a monster gave SP; now that the level restriction is gone, it's redundant to have it so I removed it. I missed the ones in Corel though, I noticed them too when I went through that area.

GilgameshGG

• View Profile
« Reply #5130 on: 2017-04-04 01:02:11 »
Boxer is literally cancer to Morph :x

After many tries just trying to wear him down, I tried poisoning him with a Dirty bomb and hasting him, so that he stays small, and trying to get the poison damage to do the right amount of damage so my Tifa can morph him, but he always has just enough HP so that I can't morph him, and if I hit him, he just wipes me out of the field every single time...

25 fights later, no Work Glove -.-
I'm gonna try hitting him randomly with one of my characters and see if Poison ticks bring him in Morph dmg range... Seriously, I don't even know what Work Gloves do, yet I spent the last hour trying to get them ._. I really think there should be a database giving the new weapons' stats, it would really help people informed decisions on what to grind for, but at the same time, I do enjoy finding SOME things out on my own. This Boxer is just REALLY frustrating to morph. Good job Sega  :evil:

Maybe there's a better way? A Morph strat that I didn't think of?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-04 02:08:42 by GilgameshGG »

GilgameshGG

• View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: 2017-04-04 02:07:06 »
Alright, my strat worked, but I had to use a calculator to do it right.

OBJECTIVE: We want to figure out how to Poison an enemy, and have its remaining HP be lower than what your Morph attacker does, so you can kill the enemy and Morph them!

That means we have to hit Boxer a couple of times before his HP drops too low, to have him take enough damage so that Poison can take its course and have him left with low enough HP that Morph can kill him in 1 hit, before he kicks you out of the fight!

I'm going to do a little math here, but it's extremely simple, so don't tune out. I'll break it down. For those unfamiliar with it, there's a mathematical operator called 'MOD', which works like this, Let's take, for example, the expression:

9 (MOD) 4

- Mod gives you the remain after you subtracted a number by the dividing number, numerous times, until you can't anymore, and then, it gives you what is left. In the example, 9 / 4 works like this : You take out 4 as many times as you can, until you can't anymore.

The remaining number is the 'mod' result.

- 9 mod 4 basically does this: it will take out 4 out of 9, and check if there's anything left. 9-4 = 5. 5 is greater than 4, so you can remove 4 again out of it. 5-4 = 1. 1 is smaller than 4, so that means that you can't remove 4 out of 1 anymore. So, the result of (9 mod 4) is 1. It essentially equates (9 - (2x4) = 1).

- The Poison effect always does the same damage to the enemy. Morph also always does the same damage to the enemy, if you ignore crits.

- That means that you can use a monster's HP and do a (mod) of its HP by Bio's damage. That'll tell you how much HP it will have when it's used the Poison damage until just before it ticks 1 more time and kills the enemy.

- So the process is this:

1. Poison the enemy (Dirty Bomb, or Bio)
2. Check how much HP the enemy has
3. Check how much damage the Poison effect does every tick
4. Check how much damage your Morph attack does
5. Check (Enemy's HP (MOD) Poison Dmg)
6. Hit the enemy with any attack so that the (MOD) result is lower than the Morph damage).

For example, You check Boxer's HP (2250). You poison a Boxer, and it does 144 dmg per tick. You do this equation: 2250 MOD 144. Just type '2250 mod 144' in google, it'll give you the result : 90 HP.

1. After a few poison ticks, Boxer's HP will be at 90 HP.
2. Tifa's Morph attack does 35 dmg.
3. So, what's an easy way to deal damage to bring a monster with 90 HP below the damage that Morph does?

Any way is good. The simple way here, is just to hit it twice with Tifa's Morph, which does 35 dmg.
90HP minus (35 dmg x 2), to lower it's HP to 20.

That way, when Boxer takes that last Poison tick of 144 damage, it's HP won't be 90, it'll be 20. Then, you can just last-hit it with Tifa's Morph again, and take it out before it knocks your party out of the battle.

The (MOD) operator will save the day in a situation like this, to calculate the last hit of a Morph. Learn it, love it, use it :)
« Last Edit: 2017-04-08 00:26:58 by GilgameshGG »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: 2017-04-04 10:01:10 »
Hey sega chief(or anyone who can answer as well)

I started playing nt again after the long break and I have a few questions.

No bugs, smooth game play but is clouds limit intentionally weak or is that a bug? Tifa like rules w 200 per hit while he drags 70-80 for first and 50 for 2nd break...?

Is 1.5 comming out soon and if yes will it be continuable or mustrestartable?

I remember finding some xls w extensive in depth info on nt te first time i searched, but now nothing....? Is there any text in depth guide or info?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-04 11:23:35 by lionheart82 »

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: 2017-04-04 14:16:17 »
Are you also using Menu Overhaul?  There's a glitch right now where the Menu Overhaul exe packed with 7th Heaven contains data from an older version of New Threat, which causes limit breaks to be weaker than they should.  If you're also seeing Materia with really extreme stat changes, that's probably what's happening.

There's a decent amount of documentation in the .7z release, I want to say there's a way to get to it from the 7th Heaven release as well but I'm not sure.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: 2017-04-04 14:46:26 »
Yes ive seen documents in nt rar installer if you mean that? And yes i use mo but haven't noticed xtrm mtra stats. Will trywo mo and see.

Also were bosses unmorphable iirc?

Thx rascalqueen. Also do you know where are new limits descriptions and comparisons? As other info im sure i had them b4, but cant find them now. Or maybe all those i found for mere vanilla game and they are non-existent for nt version...
« Last Edit: 2017-04-04 15:19:31 by lionheart82 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: 2017-04-04 17:08:54 »
Boxer is literally cancer to Morph :x

After many tries just trying to wear him down, I tried poisoning him with a Dirty bomb and hasting him, so that he stays small, and trying to get the poison damage to do the right amount of damage so my Tifa can morph him, but he always has just enough HP so that I can't morph him, and if I hit him, he just wipes me out of the field every single time...

25 fights later, no Work Glove -.-
I'm gonna try hitting him randomly with one of my characters and see if Poison ticks bring him in Morph dmg range... Seriously, I don't even know what Work Gloves do, yet I spent the last hour trying to get them ._. I really think there should be a database giving the new weapons' stats, it would really help people informed decisions on what to grind for, but at the same time, I do enjoy finding SOME things out on my own. This Boxer is just REALLY frustrating to morph. Good job Sega  :evil:

Maybe there's a better way? A Morph strat that I didn't think of?

Work Glove is found in a treasure chest in the Temple of the Ancients.

Alright, my strat worked, but I had to use a calculator to do it right.

OBJECTIVE: We want to figure out how to Poison an enemy, and have its remaining HP be lower than what your Morph attacker does, so you can kill the enemy and Morph them!

I'm going to do a little math here, but it's extremely simple, so don't tune out. I'll break it down. For those unfamiliar with it, there's a mathematical operator called 'MOD', which works like this, Let's take, for example, the expression:

9 (MOD) 4

- Mod gives you the remain after you subtracted a number by the dividing number, numerous times, until you can't anymore, and then, it gives you what is left. In the example, 9 / 4 works like this : You take out 4 as many times as you can, until you can't anymore.

The remaining number is the 'mod' result.

- 9 mod 4 basically does this: it will take out 4 out of 9, and check if there's anything left. 9-4 = 5. 5 is greater than 4, so you can remove 4 again out of it. 5-4 = 1. 1 is smaller than 4, so that means that you can't remove 4 out of 1 anymore. So, the result of (9 mod 4) is 1. It essentially equates (9 - (2x4) = 1).

- The Poison effect always does the same damage to the enemy. Morph also always does the same damage to the enemy, if you ignore crits.

- That means that you can use a monster's HP and do a (mod) of its HP by Bio's damage. That'll tell you how much HP it will have when it's used the Poison damage until just before it ticks 1 more time and kills the enemy.

- So the process is this:

1. Poison the enemy (Dirty Bomb, or Bio)
2. Check how much HP the enemy has
3. Check how much damage the Poison effect does every tick
4. Check how much damage your Morph attack does
5. Check (Enemy's HP (MOD) Poison Dmg)
6. Hit the enemy with any attack so that the (MOD) result is lower than the Morph damage).

For example, You check Boxer's HP (2250). You poison a Boxer, and it does 144 dmg per tick. You do this equation: 2250 MOD 144. Just type '2250 mod 144' in google, it'll give you the result : 90 HP.

1. After a few poison ticks, Boxer's HP will be at 90 HP.
2. Tifa's Morph attack does 35 dmg.
3. So, what's an easy way to deal damage to bring a monster with 90 HP below the damage that Morph does?

Any way is good. The simple way here, is just to hit it twice with Tifa's Morph, which does 35 dmg.
90HP minus (35 dmg x 2), to lower it's HP to 20.

That way, when Boxer takes that last Poison tick of 144 damage, it's HP won't be 90, it'll be 20. Then, you can just last-hit it with Tifa's Morph again, and take it out before it knocks your party out of the battle.

The (MOD) operator will save the day in a situation like this, to calculate the last hit of a Morph. Learn it, love it, use it :)

I was going to remove Boxer's Morph item given the difficulty of getting it but seeing as this amount of work went into figuring out a way, I'll leave it.

Miacis

• View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: 2017-04-04 18:50:34 »
Can't Boxers just be put to sleep, then Demi'd...? I think that's how I did it.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: 2017-04-05 04:52:25 »
@Miacis That's also how I did it, though I used a combination of Laser and other spells. It might have been made immune at some point after we did it. In any case, I'm glad someone got the poison -> Morph down for Boxer.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-05 04:54:01 by Bowser9 »

4zrael

• View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: 2017-04-05 23:20:33 »
Hello, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but a question - I have just completed the Ancient Forest area and came upon TWO Apocalypse swords, and an NPC towards the end who couldn't be interacted with (similarly, I had just recently revisited Midgar and found an NPC like this on a map just past the church).

...is this intended? What's missing?

I am pretty sure I'm on v.1.4, but the 7H version. Also, no lvl 70 cap as I had read..

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: 2017-04-05 23:31:10 »
Hello, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but a question - I have just completed the Ancient Forest area and came upon TWO Apocalypse swords, and an NPC towards the end who couldn't be interacted with (similarly, I had just recently revisited Midgar and found an NPC like this on a map just past the church).

...is this intended? What's missing?

I am pretty sure I'm on v.1.4, but the 7H version. Also, no lvl 70 cap as I had read..

Don't worry about it; that last screen wasn't supposed to be used anymore but I've not moved it yet. The level cap was removed a while back.

4zrael

• View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: 2017-04-06 00:52:23 »
Aha, ok, cool, thanks for the swift reply :D

Great mod, by the way, can't say it enough! ^^

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: 2017-04-06 09:22:25 »
Right, it was mo that messed with dmg & equipment. Thx rq.

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: 2017-04-06 15:27:53 »
Im buying smtn, and got an idea, when buying equipment can you make equiped wpn/arm show onscreen along with the buying one so they can be compared? Wishful thinking but hey.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: 2017-04-06 22:08:58 »
Im buying smtn, and got an idea, when buying equipment can you make equiped wpn/arm show onscreen along with the buying one so they can be compared? Wishful thinking but hey.

That'd be beyond what I can do just now, I'm afraid; it'd be useful though due to the stats, effects, etc.

resinate

• View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: 2017-04-07 01:12:44 »
any chance you could add in PPF files for the 3 discs. i wanna play this on psp/emu if possible. dont like steam version of the game

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5145 on: 2017-04-07 03:55:55 »
any chance you could add in PPF files for the 3 discs. i wanna play this on psp/emu if possible. dont like steam version of the game

The mod can't run on the PSX version; the file formats are different and there are limitations on file size that would need to be worked around.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: 2017-04-07 09:42:08 »
Just figured great way for safe battle escape! Hold r1l1 asa battle begins and enter magic menu while still holding it. Most times after you exit, youll escape immediately. No dmg from enemies that way. Dunno if it was in ps version or whatever...

Got to dyne. Wouldn't it be great to replace him for cait sith! Barret would be a happy camper and cs would be outta way w his ugly but

In mt corel, the plateau that is reached at the beginning of the bridge, winding backwards to the ledt and up(and going back to first screen) monsters give away helluva SP! Is that a glitch or a hidden treasure trove?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-07 09:48:46 by lionheart82 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: 2017-04-07 13:58:40 »
They give a normal amount, it's just that the SP Gained message wasn't removed from them; most enemies give SP now.

GilgameshGG

• View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: 2017-04-07 22:35:15 »
Spoiler: show
- Pick your date:...

Aw, really!?! I skipped all those Aerith moments to be with Tifa for the first time ever, all for naught!

Also, ..."Prepare to get REKT!!!"
My sides = launched into orbit.

I'd be pissed, but this is actually great, it lets me experience all of them without doing so many playthroughs. Cool thing you added in there, Chief! Also, after doing all options, I'm happy that 'Nope' still leads you back to the intended result, just for confirmation that everything I did this far worked out to the correct result. Nice catch!

on to the Work Glove

Finally, as a follow-up to my Boxer strat to Morph him for Work Gloves, this weapon is freakin' amazing. There is definitely a great window to Morph it off Boxer before it's actually picked up later in-game.

It has huge Attack power, and also has a single 2-link materia socket. That means you can just link an Elemental + whatever element materia you need to destroy most enemies real fast. For example:

1) I used a ton of summons to drop Lambda Calcule's HP low enough so that he would transform into a Magic type.
2) Then, I just used a single Tifa Limit Break to annihilate it, doing 2k+ per Limit Break wheel, because I had Work Glove + (Elemental+Earth) equipped on it, and Lambda Calcule is weak to Earth.

You can also just Berserk her (with something like a Fury Ring), and watch her go to town with her awesome speed, and basically shred through any monster.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-07 23:53:15 by GilgameshGG »

Necro

• View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: 2017-04-07 23:50:17 »
Hey, I'm sort of new to how 7H patching works. I know the basics from the tutorial and I could get by if I were starting fresh, but I had a question regarding this mod in particular.

I used the standalone exe first, but now I'm wanting to switch over to the 7H version since it has better compatibility (I think? Not sure if I just misunderstood something) and I want those interface mods and stuff.

My question is since I'm already at the Prison and don't want to restart, should I just keep going or would making the switch to 7H version let me keep playing from here?

Also wanted to post it here since the ID forum won't let me post for some reason. I get a soft lock when fighting sandworms in the desert. I can just turn off battles to skip them, but that isn't very fun. I'm on 1.4. Also bummed that there won't be a Dark Cave until the next patch.

edit: Oh should I mention I'm using the steam version? Not sure if it matters.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-07 23:58:27 by Necro »