Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007802 times)

Kalkano

• View Profile
Re: [REL] The Reunion
« Reply #175 on: 2014-01-20 01:52:31 »
FF7 shares vars.

*facepalm*  ...seriously...?

Edit:  When you get Cloud back, and the whole group is talking on the Highwind, Cloud says, "Hojo's Sephiroth Clones are nothing special. The process used to create them is identical to the one that's used on members of Soldier."

I don't know if it was intentional, but that's the first time they're referred to as "Clones".  Everywhere else, it's "Copies".
« Last Edit: 2014-01-20 03:50:34 by Kalkano »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2014-01-20 09:24:24 »
Thank you... that is a mistake.  I am still unsure whether I will even leave it as "Copy" too... But the writers are totally at fault for using the English word copy.

Red46

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2014-01-20 17:09:00 »
This is a known issue. Options in the game may be broken in some places with that installer. I think I might need to make a "known issues" list.

That would be really helpful. I think it would avoid clogging the thread with reports of issues you are already aware of.

Anyways, I stumbled across another broken script in the game, this time its in Gaea's cliff, on the screen where you have to fight the icicles (field gaiin_5). After defeating the second one, the window asking you whether or not to jump doesn't appear, and Cloud just jumps off on it's own.

Easily fixed by changing the fourth line in script3 located inside group cloud. The line reads If Var[5][12] == 3 (else go to label 1) the 3 should be replaced with a 2. No idea why it works the first time though, but at least now we can reach the Last Elixir.

« Last Edit: 2014-01-20 17:16:46 by Red46 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2014-01-20 18:49:56 »
It's ts that's doing it.  I haven't altered any script other than some options.  What Luksy is doing with his new script program will fix the remaining issues.  I have fixed 95% by just keeping the option positions the same, so ts doesn't alter the script.  It's safe to ignore all option issues now until R02 is out.  ;D

Isuldor

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2014-01-21 04:42:30 »
After playing for awhile, it seems strange to see Cloud running around with the buster sword when he hasn't had it equipped since the beginning of the game.  Any chance you plan to include kaldarasha's dynamic weapon model project? (assuming it's moved past the proof of concept of course)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #180 on: 2014-01-21 04:58:25 »
I'm not sure of the present status of the mod, last I'd heard there was a problem switching weapons without having the field reload. I think it does work though after entering a new field Id. The mod works only with 7thHeaven though, it doesn't alter the char.lgp so it's not compatible with the Reunion installer

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2014-01-21 10:05:00 »
I won't add every weapon to the installer.  His buster sword is the storyline sword.  You may add these others separately of course :) 
« Last Edit: 2014-01-21 10:13:28 by DLPB »

superneko

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2014-01-21 23:38:37 »
Hello, hello.

I wanted to take advantage of a few different pieces of this but I already have a few other mods installed.

I am currently using these ones and enjoy them:

Aali's OpenGL
Team Avalanche GUI and High Res
Omzy's Field
Anxious Heart music

Is there a way to still use this mod, a recommended way of installing it with these mods, or a way to take advantage of the other features (reduced menu and improved translation is the one I'm interested in most)?

By the way ... excellent job, good sir.

superneko

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2014-01-21 23:41:21 »
You know what ... don't ask me how or what it was ... but after a complete re-install, installing the mods mentioned above in said order (minus Anxious Heart), it's working!

THIS IS EXCITING! I am starting the game just after Cosmo Canyon with said mods ... half tempted to start over from the beginning just to check it all out.

Again, many thank yous (and again: THANK YOU).

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #184 on: 2014-01-22 00:02:58 »
@superneko

If memory serves me well, the Menu Overhaul mod of The Reunion incorporates elements from the TA GUI, so I'm not so sure it's wise to install them both. It may be working now, but who knows what you will experience throughout the rest of your playthrough. And since you're starting at Cosmo Canyon, who knows what did or didn't work prior.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2014-01-22 00:09:34 »
He's done a clean install now, and that's what the Menu Overhaul post also instructs:  Not to use TA GUI with Reunion.  Ever.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-22 00:56:39 by DLPB »

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #186 on: 2014-01-22 01:50:00 »
So, Aali Driver 8.1b + Anxious Heart + Reunion crashes the game upon start-up.  0_o Gonna try a totally clean install and see if I can pinpoint the problem and maybe get  8.1b to actually let  me have a smaller window.

Nevermind, I think it was related to my brilliant mistake of forgetting to apply the update patch after reinstalling.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-22 08:34:26 by mugenginga »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2014-01-22 10:30:18 »
Don't worry, I deliberately didn't answer that post because I knew it wasn't my fault.  :evil:

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #188 on: 2014-01-23 09:22:21 »

Alignment issue on the directional buttons at the Beginner's Hall.  I seem to recall there being some issues with this during the testing phase, too.

Also, during the tutorial on Status it says "This is your limit gauge" but I don't actually see it anywhere on the screen? Error of the original game, possibly?

There's also a potential layering issue with the pointer and the pink text/speech box.  During a tutorial when it highlights spell names, the pointer shows through the bottom of the box.  It does't show through when its highlighting stuff on the upper screen, so I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be transparent at any point.  I can show pictures to clarify if needed!
« Last Edit: 2014-01-23 09:41:55 by mugenginga »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2014-01-23 11:10:57 »
All of those are known.  The cursor issue cannot be fixed without a load of messing, so i left it.  The Playstation buttons being wrong is unavoidable because it is designed for use with the words, not the buttons (I can pick one or the other, but I ain't doing both). The limit gauge was removed by me. 

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #190 on: 2014-01-23 13:01:06 »
Found a typo/grammar issue.  When you talk to the guy at Corneo's mansion before you go in and he chuckles to himself about a friend, he says "The don'll be happy." I'm pretty sure don should be capitalized, although I could be wrong.

Okay, I'm assuming it's not an issue at all as he was mentioned by his title in another place and it was also lowercase.  Given its a title, it might be better off to capitalize it?  Then again, if it was translated you probably wouldn't capitalize it so I get it if you don't, too!
« Last Edit: 2014-01-23 13:50:58 by mugenginga »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2014-01-23 16:17:55 »
Found a typo/grammar issue.  When you talk to the guy at Corneo's mansion before you go in and he chuckles to himself about a friend, he says "The don'll be happy." I'm pretty sure don should be capitalized, although I could be wrong.

Okay, I'm assuming it's not an issue at all as he was mentioned by his title in another place and it was also lowercase.  Given its a title, it might be better off to capitalize it?  Then again, if it was translated you probably wouldn't capitalize it so I get it if you don't, too!
Don is a Spanish title. They don't capitalize it. I had to look this one up when I was proofreading it, and I'm assuming Dan looked it up before he put it there. Unless he secretly speaks Spanish.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #192 on: 2014-01-23 16:38:15 »
Yeah but this has an old New York Mob feel to it, and in Italian they capitalize the Don just like Caporegime or Consigliere. They're considered titles of honor and respect in a crime family.   

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2014-01-23 18:16:12 »
Don should be capitalized when part of his name "I gave this to Don Corneo" but not as "It is thanks to the don".  The exact same thing is true of English titles.  "How are you, Miss Brown?"  "How are you, miss?"

This is correct grammar based on most style guides including OED.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-23 18:18:52 by DLPB »

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #194 on: 2014-01-23 18:43:06 »
Gotcha!

On the support tower, when you're running up, if you answer 'I see' to Jessie I think there may be a grammar mistake.  During her reply she says: "Always I liked that.... in you."

Possibly intentional, but "I always liked that" seems to make a bit more sense.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2014-01-23 18:58:17 »
It's deliberate.  She is dying, and is struggling to speak.  It sounds a little more dramatic that way.  I left that I think from the original game.

Ver Greeneyes

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2014-01-23 19:31:43 »
"Always I liked that.... in you."
It's deliberate.  She is dying, and is struggling to speak.  It sounds a little more dramatic that way.
Hmm. I can see how she might say it but it still looks weird to me. Perhaps "Always, I liked that.... in you." so there's some indication of a pause, and/or emphasis on 'Always' ... Either that or "Always liked that.... in you." would look better I think.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2014-01-23 19:38:13 »
Covarr has already noted that.  It's been corrected and the ellipsis added back.   ;D

Always... I liked that... in you."

Asshiah

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2014-01-23 21:20:38 »
I encountered a script problem when using The Reunion.
At cd2 when climbing the ice mountain, there is a time when you need to beat 4 stalactites to create a path to the next room.
The problem is once the second is down, i automatically jump down and can't continue to beat the others.
If i retry to go un the upper stage to continu, I jump down again...

Thus I can't continue the story...

Asshiah

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2014-01-23 21:24:25 »
OK,

I fact i can continue the story, it is just that answering No when asked to jump down just jump down...

Wrong action related to the script.