Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328483 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
i was thinking.. why not give her a scene in the slums, the the pipe house where that sick guy was?

have her lament his death or something, add some closure to that

Ajox

Hi I'm Ajox I've been lurking in the forums for almost 2 years now until i saw this awesome mod and i thought to give my ideas to the project.
First Aeris doesn't need a resurrection scene if don't kill her at all, just simply modify the dialogue when she is killed to make it look like she is badly injured then when cloud is talking in that ancient house to say something like this:

(Party Member): Will Aeris be alright?
Cloud: I hope so.
We just dropped her off in the Life and Death Lake.
According to the stories Ancients used it to heal people in near death situations,
but not everyone lives cause when in that lake, the person faces the judgment of Planet,
only the persons who the Planet find worthy and have a strong will to keep on living are healed.

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
If you would go down Ajox's road. Having her come back later would be kind of awesome. Like, they leaver in the lake, she doesn't come back to life. They leave. And then having to do like one or two quests without her and IF the player takes time to revisit the Ancient Ruins, they would find Aeris either being ressurected or already resurrected and just kneeling or something like that. I think that kind of fits the story with the way characters come and go.

Ajox

If you would go down Ajox's road. Having her come back later would be kind of awesome. Like, they leaver in the lake, she doesn't come back to life. They leave. And then having to do like one or two quests without her and IF the player takes time to revisit the Ancient Ruins, they would find Aeris either being ressurected or already resurrected and just kneeling or something like that. I think that kind of fits the story with the way characters come and go.

Exactly, you just return there and she is healed. That shouldn't be to hard to do...

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
I think it's going to be one of those... "Easier said than done" kind of things, adding dialogue, scenes, could be a lengthy process, but still, definately a good idea

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
 Can't say for Ultima Espio, but knowing how to do all this stuff he does here I would assume he didn't had problems with making new scenes and probably already did all those parts that still come by with different suggestions like above, but with amount of boring and repeatative work to put in changing existing ones and make it all flawless:P. The game have kind of limited amount of locations, but much higher amount of events, and it's not just about adding Aerith but making other characters have knowledge of that. And of course making all of those events to work bug-free. Make note that althrough topic and idea is much older, Ultima Espio couldn't make new dialogues untill recently and probably redo most previous work with new possibilities, patience seems to be the key here now. ;)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Can't say for Ultima Espio, but knowing how to do all this stuff he does here I would assume he didn't had problems with making new scenes and probably already did all those parts that still come by with different suggestions like above, but with amount of boring and repeatative work to put in changing existing ones and make it all flawless:P. The game have kind of limited amount of locations, but much higher amount of events, and it's not just about adding Aerith but making other characters have knowledge of that. And of course making all of those events to work bug-free. Make note that althrough topic and idea is much older, Ultima Espio couldn't make new dialogues untill recently and probably redo most previous work with new possibilities, patience seems to be the key here now. ;)

This. I will not be making any changes to the main story, it'll end up like a fanfic.

Ajox

Just by putting aeris alive is a huge change, might as well try to write a good story.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter

This. I will not be making any changes to the main story, it'll end up like a fanfic.

Thats a wise decision. However, a certain amount of creational freedom is given simply because 'there is no dialogue to speak of'. So you do have to make some up ( because leaving the default dialogue of whoever you copied in looks extremely weird. )
It all comes down to how much work the rewriting is. I know how much of a pain in-character dialogue can be. I write for a living and yeah, dialogue is one of the harder things to make interesting. If you need any help with creating some text, I'd gladly be of help. I have some experience writing Aerith, too.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Well...I guess I should do some more work on this then :-P

Since its been a while I'll have to double check what I've done and what I haven't.

Thats a wise decision. However, a certain amount of creational freedom is given simply because 'there is no dialogue to speak of'. So you do have to make some up ( because leaving the default dialogue of whoever you copied in looks extremely weird. )
It all comes down to how much work the rewriting is. I know how much of a pain in-character dialogue can be. I write for a living and yeah, dialogue is one of the harder things to make interesting. If you need any help with creating some text, I'd gladly be of help. I have some experience writing Aerith, too.

Obviously she's getting new text, I'm not stupid enough to just leave it :-P What I've done so far is just re wrote the other characters lines in a way that Aeris would say them. I'm actually having a lot of trouble with the part where we find out that it was Zack in Nibelheim and not Cloud.

If you could write some dialogue for that scene, that would be awesome ;D

Now then, I mentioned aaages ago about making a new side quest - still working on that. I need to figure out how to make it happen just the once, otherwise it'll happen over and over again, getting infinite rewards for it....

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
For writing Dialogue, I'm interested. Is there anyway you can post or post a .txt containing the Script as it is, and I will do my best to transform it to fit.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
if you could kindly provide a

previous line
aerith line
next line

sort of form so I can actually judge what she would say ( and how many lines, and to who )
Do you need multiple versions of the same dialogue depending on the third character in the party?
And to write anything, I'd need at least partial insight in where you want to add lines ( ALL party events or only those with a full party )

ultima espio

• View Profile
Alright, I think I'll get back to work on this. I just need to find a scene that I haven't already done yet though. I think the only ones left are the Northern cave ones, which I left out due to the fact that I found it hard to test those.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
A rough estimate how far you are with the patch? ( as in, what do you still need to do before you can release a version 0.1 for public testing )
I'm gonna waste time by grinding on CD1 and stuff ( aka, I won't play past CD1 without your patch ) until you're done.

ultima espio

• View Profile
It'll be a while before I'm fully complete, but I want a finished version out before the end of the year. I have an on and off relationship with this, but there's still time between now and December.

I'd say I'm somewhere between 70 and 80 percent done with it. Once I've got a good part of it done, then I'll release something.

I think what I'll release is the start of Disc 2 - Aeris' aftermath up until you play as Tifa. At the moment that seems to be all that is stable.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Just call on me again if you need any dialogue. You haven't responded to my last PM, so I never got an answer to the question I asked.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Oh right, sorry. I'll check again later on, short for time atm.

ClanD

• View Profile
I found this project just recently, and I joined into the forum just to thank you for your efftorts, I'm not programmer at all so I can't really help you, but Aerith is one of my all favorite characters from all the final fantasy saga, and I have been waiting for a way to have her back at Cloud's side ever since I finished the game a long time ago.

Just a little suggection I'm no sure if this fits in your project, but I tought you may consider it.
The way I understood the game, and her later apparitions in the advent children movie, Aerith is not completely "Dead" I mean she can still have a large effect in the phisical world, she can actually "speak" to cloud, she saves him right after his final match with sephiroth (the famous hand sequense) aid Cloud in his battle with bahamut sin, and restore his life after he is nearly killed in the last confrontation of the movie againts sephiroth's brothers, in fact I susspect she became a even more powerfull magician after her "dead", well my point is that maybe (just maybe, please don't flame me on this one hardcore fans) aerith have all of it planned ahead, went Cloud and Aerith meet for the first time, she comments that she can't use her white materia, and she seem to know little about her Cetra/Ancient heritage, but after they visit the forgotten capital, she seems to learn a lot about it from the voices of her ancestors, maybe, again just maybe, one of the things that she learned & didn't told to anyone, is that to overcome her phisical limitations and attaint enought power like to manipulate "Holy" she needed to die, this will give the whole matter a most compeling insight, more than a ressurect, to undone a untimely and tragic death, it will be a rebirth, to complete a painfull yet heroic procces that will awaken her full power as a guardian of the planet, I tought it will be nice if you could ilustrate this point of view in her dialoges of later in the history, I mean that way she won't be talking just to fill in and make her fell real, but also to tell a compeling history about herself, here is a little example of how it could work

Aerith:
At first I was really scared of the tought of dying, but then I tought about you (Cloud) and  I know you will help me come back, I know you won't leave me.

(Sometime after getting back at the Party)

Aerith:
I made a journey thought the lifestream itself in order to attain wath I need to confront him (Sephiroth)

(When getting close to the final battle)

These are just a couple of quick examples, but I think you get the idea.

A just a last thing, will be nice if some of her dialogues involve a lil flirting with old Cloud, I always loved when she did that.

Well that is all I have to say for now, Thanks again and don't give up, I know there are a lot of fans waiting to see this project reach its full complection.
 :-)

Tuxedo

• View Profile
Aeris is simply just strong enough to interfere with the outside world within the lifestream, if you think about it she's pretty similar to Sephiroth in that manner. IIRC it's because of their intense emotions, Sephiroth's being anger/hate while Aeris' I can't remember. You could say because of her heritage and love for her friends I guess.

You can just use that to explain why she's still ''alive''.

ultima espio

• View Profile
I have just finished programming Aeris into every level now ;D

Now all that's left is text and new animations.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter

new animations? such being? ( and what text are you still missing? I dont mind writing the rest of it )

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile

Nice! Drools for screenshots. :)

ultima espio

• View Profile
The new animations are for the ones that she needs but doesn't have, like floating in front of Sephiroth, or falling into the last area. There aren't many, but it'll take a while.

ClanD

• View Profile
Could you post some samples of her new dialogues?
I think it would be cool if the comunity could give some opinions & suggestions on what she say.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
If the final-fight animations are the only ones missing, you could release an alpha version of the patch for testing and such, since there should be a lot to test between End of CD1 and End of CD3