Author Topic: Field IDs  (Read 3375 times)

picklejar

• View Profile
Field IDs
« on: 2019-04-04 17:21:01 »
Where in the original game files can I find a mapping of field ID (like 116) to field name (like md1stin)?

Couldn't find this. Looks like it's hard-coded in Makou Reactor. Didn't check Ochu source code yet. I'm guessing maybe in flevel.siz but I couldn't read it.

picklejar

• View Profile
Re: Field IDs
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-04 17:33:02 »
Hmm, I think I found it. There's a file called "maplist" inside flevel.lgp. I didn't notice it before because it has the same file extension as the ~700 other field files in the same archive (i.e. no extension).

picklejar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-04 17:50:06 »
Confirmed. File format is very simple. First 2 bytes is the numFieldMaps. Then there are numFieldMaps * strings, where each string is 32 bytes, null-terminated.

picklejar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-04-05 22:43:58 »
I bet DLPB or someone else could answer this pretty easily...

When a field script sends you to the overworld (world map), it does so by sending you to a Field ID between 1 and 64, which corresponds to field names "wm0" through "wm63". The destination x,y,z in this case is 0,0,0.

Where can I find the world map coordinates that correspond to "wm0" through "wm63"?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile

picklejar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-04-06 15:00:49 »
Wow, thanks for pointing me to that thread, I read it once all the way through, looks like codeman and DLPB figured it out, or at least got 90% of the way there. Will digest it again.

codemann8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-04-25 22:25:04 »
Hmm, I think I found it. There's a file called "maplist" inside flevel.lgp. I didn't notice it before because it has the same file extension as the ~700 other field files in the same archive (i.e. no extension).
Another thing to note, as I have been primarily looking into PSX game files (not PC or Steam) which doesn't include a flevel.lgp file. How PSX manages this is the actual field map files are physically located on the game disc (or ISO) in order of ID. There is no other table or map list file that exists on PSX, which is why MR hard codes the field IDs. I had posted the same question to Myst6re myself.

picklejar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-04-29 20:25:07 »
Interesting. BTW, we should update the Wiki with the stuff we're finding.