Author Topic: Final Fantasy Origins  (Read 11439 times)

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Final Fantasy Origins
« on: 2003-02-13 06:07:23 »
FINAL FANTASY ORIGINS will be available April 8, 2003 for the PlayStation at a suggested retail price of $30. Complete game information and screenshots will be available on this site in just a couple weeks! Visit the official FINAL FANTASY ORIGINS website here for more information about the game.

This Was in an E-mail sent to me from squaresoft.. Iz all on Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II.. The release date is for the US.. so i dunno about all you other foreign people :) They remade the graphics so its not like the original games.. added a few monsters..

Quote from email :

re is what you can look forward to in FINAL FANTASY ORIGINS:

Enhanced graphics breathe life and detail into all game elements, from deep dungeons and vast worlds to menacing creatures and wandering heroes.
Brand new, high quality CG movies and stills visually enhance the storylines in dramatic fashion.
Original event scenes have been revamped and new event scenes added to intensify the emotional impact of story elements.
New opening theme songs and improved sound quality immerse the player even further into the game experience.
A new bestiary contains detailed descriptions of all monsters to assist players in battle.
Access to art galleries featuring beautiful illustrations by renowned artist Yoshitaka Amano.
"Memo File" function added for quick, convenient saves.
New game play modes allow players to choose the level of difficulty within the game. (FINAL FANTASY II - accessible after clearing the game)

So there ya have it.. i gotta buy the damn thing.. I got all the other ones.. I guess this news is new being as how all the links in the letter link to a page that says coming soon.. anyway .. heres the heads up..

Dammit!! I have ruined my 666th post.. now i am 667.. oh well..

Rubicant

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #1 on: 2003-02-13 06:58:08 »
Sounds great..

but if it takes new and shiny graphics just to sell a re-made game, then obviously people don't know what a good game is anymore.

Lord Kane

• View Profile
    • http://lordkane.co.uk
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #2 on: 2003-02-13 11:16:39 »
FYI, the remade grapgics were for the Wonderswan. IIRC, this is basicaly the Wonderswan version with FMVs.

Rubicant

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #3 on: 2003-02-13 15:05:31 »
Ahhh...I remember they re-made FF1 with nice 2d grapics (which is okay)... I thought they were actually using 3d models for this one. Good thing it is 2d or I'd have to shoot someone...with a camera.

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #4 on: 2003-02-14 12:50:49 »
I saw the preview for that, and a friend of mine said: "It's Final Fantasy VI with a Final Fantasy I storyline."

Kendrilian :wicked:

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #5 on: 2003-02-14 15:30:31 »
have any of you guys played FF I or II? i have played II (forgot what happens heh... and i lost it) and i can remeber it was a good story but BAD graphics, i mean it was on SNES for christ's sake

Kendrilian

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #6 on: 2003-02-14 18:16:34 »
I have played both of them.  I like Final Fantasy I better than Final Fantasys II and II, and FFX.  If you want to know more about Final Fantasy I ask Aaron.  He's playing it as I speak.  I'd say he's rather far.  BUt I don't know how far it really is... about half-way into the game I'd say.

Smurgen

• View Profile
    • Http://smurgen.kj-soft.com
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #7 on: 2003-02-14 20:46:49 »
Me wants!

Cyberman

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #8 on: 2003-02-20 16:55:48 »
I've played them (NTSC US release of SLUS-01541
FF1 and FF2..
The FMV's at the beginings are the best part I suppose ;)

The games are very familiar, actually FF1 I think is better than FF2.  I have gotten very far in either.  FF Origins the game is one disk though.  The music isn't too bad the game is a bit difficult considering FF4/5/6 systems are a lot more flexible.

They are OK if you've got the time to pay them that's really all I've got to say on the matter.

Cyb - I don't think I'll make a save state editor for them.

Kendrilian

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #9 on: 2003-02-20 19:47:56 »
Ah good.  I will get them when they come out.  They sound like fun.  But I MUST beat Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX first.  And maybe Final Fantasy V.

Rubicant

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #10 on: 2003-02-20 21:22:04 »
Quote from: Lieron Lonehart
have any of you guys played FF I or II? i have played II (forgot what happens heh... and i lost it) and i can remeber it was a good story but BAD graphics, i mean it was on SNES for christ's sake

I think that one was FF4 that you're thinking of. The real FF2 was only released in japan. Some people translated the nes rom to English. Aaron can hook you up.

The earlier Final Fantasies (1, 2) are just time-consuming. It took me a couple of years to beat FF1, even with a strategy guide. I played FF2j for a couple of weeks (Aaron hooked me up with the rom) and I didn't get very far. I got too busy making my characters stronger. Both games take tons of dedication. You HAVE to level up to beat the games. I sure hope Square preserved this for the gameplay of FF Origins.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #11 on: 2003-02-20 21:33:17 »
Aaron can hook you up.

Tee hee... I'm famous :P

Anyway, I'm rather far in FF1 at the moment, and I plan to play FF2 and FF3 after I finish it, just 'cause I haven't played them before.

However, FF4+ are way better games than these first three, if only because they had the technology available to make the games good.  Not only graphics, but say, in FF1, there is never ever more than one little box of dialog.  If you walk up to a boss, you talk to him, he says a box of dialog and then you fight him.  No dialog after the boss or anything.  No more than one box of dialog when you save a princess or return an item.

While the story may not be that bad, story development is hindered due to this limitation.

Not to mention it drives me nuts that if you tell more than one character to attack the same enemy, and the first character attacks it and it dies, then the rest of the characters will attack the now dead enemy resulting in an "Ineffective" strike.  Grr.  FF2 is like this too.

Rubicant

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #12 on: 2003-02-21 00:06:41 »
Yeah, it is a little annoying to have "ineffective" pop up when you hit a nonexistant monster. However, it teaches you to strategize in the battle. What's so different about FF1 is the way that you choose your party right at the beginning. You're strategizing from start to finish in FF1.

One annoying thing in FF2 is that so many of the monsters run away. Since you have to "level up" differently in FF2 because there are no levels, you need to stay in battle longer to get your characters stronger. You'll just have to see it for yourself.

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #13 on: 2003-02-21 03:49:46 »
FF1 is so addictive, though . . .

I was snowed in over the weekend because of a huge blizzard, and about all I did for 2 days straight was play FF1.

I made it all the way from that swamp labrynth near elf kingdom to the last palace.  It really isn't that hard after the ice cave. (which has to be the hardest part of the entire game.)

Lord Kane

• View Profile
    • http://lordkane.co.uk
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #14 on: 2003-02-22 09:40:50 »
>a good story but BAD graphics, i mean it was on SNES for christ's sake

RPGs shouldn't be about the graphics, but about the gameplay and the plot, which FF4 (2US) had in spades aparently. I hated the game, but not because of sucky graphics.
Futhermore, the SNES graphics don't suck nearly as much as you are making out. Ever played Secret of Mana? Ever played Chrono Trigger? Final Fantasy 6 (3US)?

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #15 on: 2003-02-22 16:15:13 »
ooo chrono trigger... *relives memories*

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #16 on: 2003-02-23 05:06:53 »
Dude i thought Secret of Mana was awesome.. I loved that game.. playing it through an SNES emulator is quite complicated for me though.. it never seems to save right and has a few glitches.. plus its really hard to go back to..

Rubicant

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #17 on: 2003-02-24 05:07:05 »
I had the SNES cartridge of Secret of Mana. It took me about 2 years to beat the game the first time I played it. What's so great about that game is that everything looks good, sounds good, and feels good. There's nothing about that game that bugs me at all. It's great!

Cyberman

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #18 on: 2003-02-24 05:56:18 »
Tales of Phantasia is excelent.. but not square ;)

The version for the SNES included in game song and lots of excelent music.

Back on subject SOM == awesome
LOM == HUH?

:)

Cyb

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #19 on: 2003-02-24 10:53:13 »
April 8th?
*pats ISO*

Hmm. Not that I've trieid the game yet... If its FFI iwith FFVI styles graphics it'l be nice.
Allthough this game is still more "milking the cow" by Square imo.

Nori

• View Profile
SoM
« Reply #20 on: 2003-02-24 12:21:25 »
Tales of Phantasia - I have the PS Japanese version,
but is there English version of it (Indeed good game!!)??
Secret of Mana - I really liked the multiplayer mode (SNES & emulators.)

By the way I'm at Cresent-Lake =))
http://club.pep.ne.jp/%7Ehiroette/en/facemarks/index.html
(TiadaghtonDude)

Aaron

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #21 on: 2003-02-24 12:22:53 »
I've finished Tales of Phantasia on my SNES emulator (English translated version).  Nice game.

I even have the OST :P

Cyberman

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #22 on: 2003-02-24 16:19:22 »
Quote from: nayoung
Tales of Phantasia - I have the PS Japanese version,
but is there English version of it (Indeed good game!!)??

Yes and No.. no official translation of it, however there is a hacked SNES version that is translated. It's actually surprisingly good.  I just can't play the PSX version because there be no translation, I suppose I could take the translation patch and look at the PSX game and see if I could translate the TOP Jap copy I have to English.  It does however have some problems especially since all the voices are in japanese.  Oh well :)

Legend of Mana is OK.. I just wish they spent a little more time in designing the game, it gets boring after a while the way it's setup.  There is no engrossing story .. you make your own in it.

Cyb

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #23 on: 2003-02-25 03:45:02 »
ToP - Played it, loved it.  The guys at dejap did a very good job translating it to English.  (there were less errors in it than, say, FFVII)

nayoung:  That's alot of smileys!! \(^0^)/

Aaron

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Origins
« Reply #24 on: 2003-02-25 13:44:13 »
Can't wait til DeJap finishes their Star Ocean patch... :P