Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328486 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [REL] Ultima Espio Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch
« Reply #350 on: 2010-10-24 04:36:40 »
Thanks so much, finally I can incoperate this patch into my huge mod-a-mod-ff7 version. ( where almost nothing is the same anymore, lol. )

One of these days I'll learn how to do proper mods instead of hack 'n bits stuff.  I hope.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-24 11:06:22 by KuugenTheFox »

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2010-10-24 11:08:26 »
seriously, thank you for your hard work

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2010-10-24 13:34:16 »
If you spot any errors, please let me know.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #353 on: 2010-10-24 15:23:24 »
errors will be hard to identify because of the magnitude of changes I have done myself. But right now, everything works, so I guess i'll report back when I get around to implementing the stuff and playing it.

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2010-10-26 06:25:29 »
i haven't been able to see Aerith on the airship when Cloud has resumed control. i saw her in Tifa's spot when Tifa and then Cid were who you are controlling, also i was wondering where you get her new ultimate weapon? annnd i found a point where she isn't present that (at the moment i believe) isn't causing any real harm.

It's when your going after the Huge Materia and you watch the plane take off from Junon, before you go to rocket town to secure the materia from the rocket.

if i find anything else i'll let ya know ^^
« Last Edit: 2010-10-26 06:27:03 by Aeris »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #355 on: 2010-10-26 07:45:20 »
her new ultimate weapon is ( spoilers. mark the whole post and copy it to see it )
in the slums in the church when you can go back there. there's an event there, or so I'm told.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2010-10-26 09:41:11 »
... mark the whole post and copy it to see it.

OR click "reply", quote the post, and you can see it then, with "[color= white][size= 1pt] <text> [/size][/color]" written around it (actually posting a reply is optional).

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2010-10-26 12:17:24 »
i haven't been able to see Aerith on the airship when Cloud has resumed control. i saw her in Tifa's spot when Tifa and then Cid were who you are controlling, also i was wondering where you get her new ultimate weapon? annnd i found a point where she isn't present that (at the moment i believe) isn't causing any real harm.

It's when your going after the Huge Materia and you watch the plane take off from Junon, before you go to rocket town to secure the materia from the rocket.

if i find anything else i'll let ya know ^^

Yeah, I remember that one, I noticed it when I was playing through the other day...just forgot about it :P

Have you searched the whole Highwind? I thought it was a bit obvious where she went...and it's been mentioned a few times in the thread :P If you find Aeris, she will tell you where to go.

EDIT: So, it's been out for a while now...and nobody's found what I've hidden ;)
« Last Edit: 2010-10-26 13:06:43 by ultima espio »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2010-10-26 14:35:37 »
You should probably start posting this around on youtube and other sites so it can get some more attention than our handful of members

cloudstrife777

« Reply #359 on: 2010-10-26 22:34:13 »
hey this is the coolest patch ever thanks but it would be cool if you divide the patch i think into 4 different patches one where her being there no one notices then 3 one that other take notice of her one where she just kinda there one where that"s pro cloudxaerith and one that's pro cloudxtife thanks again for the sweet patch

Einlanzer

« Reply #360 on: 2010-10-27 09:01:34 »
Okay, I'm currently playing it but I'm still on disc 1 so nothing to report/ask yet.  However, I wanted to make a post covering Aeris' weapons.  I've come up with a few tricks to get the most out of them and wanted to inform whoever might be interested in getting more mileage out of Aeris' arsenal when using her for the full game.  This is easily done with a combination of wallmarket and whitechocobo, the only issue that arises for non-hackers is being unable to edit acquisitions from monsters and treasure chests, which will result in having access to some powerful ones earlier than should be possible. 

1. Guard Stick - Improve slightly - 15 ap, 3 mag, 2 linked slots.  This makes it a tier 2 weapon (like Cloud's Buster Sword) and Aeris can use it the entire time you're in Midgar.  She isn't in the party for as long as Tifa or Barret so she really doesn't need 2 weapons here. Besides, the other Mythril weapons are sold in Kalm.   

2.  Increase the stats on each of her subsequent storebought staves to match the one just above it :
     a.  Mythril Rod - moved to Kalm, identical to unmodified Striking Staff
     b.  Full Metal Staff - moved to Junon, identical to unmodified Striking Staff
     c.   Striking Staff - moved to Cosmo Canyon, identical to unmodified Prism Staff
     d.  Prism Staff - moved to Wutai, identical to unmodified Aurora Rod
     e. Aurora Rod - moved to Icicle Inn, make up stats similar to the other weapons offered there (I chose 61 ap, 15 mg).  Note how (like Mythril Rod), this one is
                              particularly thematically appropriate (Aurora = north pole, get it?). 

3.  Extensive modification for the following -
     f.  Wizer Staff- Redundant with Wizard's Staff. I renamed this to Stardust Rod and made it a late game triple growth weapon with 64 ap and 32 magic, 4 unlinked slots.
     g. Fairy Tale - I renamed to Crystal Rod and put it in Mideel's shop - 73 ap/20 magic. 
     h. Umbrella - Umbrella is useless, it exists as a novelty.  Every other character has one so removing it sucks for uniformity, but with only 11 total weapons, Aeris just
                          can't afford for one of them to be novelty only.
                          Using this patch, this is replaced by Aeris' ultimate weapon.  I renamed it (Dream Waker) and modified it slightly (reduced ap to 92). 
     i.  Princess Guard - I like having this be a normal growth, endgame worthy non-ultimate weapon. 81 atp, 31 mag/12 vit/20 spi.  Again, you'll get this in the Temple
                                   so it will be overpowered until late in the game.  I would like to see a monster/treasure editor.  Come to think of it, I haven't bothered looking for one.
                                Ideally, I would like for the Princess Guard and Umbrella spots to be switched, so that her ultimate weapon is the one with the highest weapon ID
                                number and always gets sorted last.  That's just an OCD thing though, not a big deal really.

So there it is - this is an effective way to spread her weapons out across the entire game.  She won't have any major lulls or gaps, she'll just lack a tad bit of the end game variety the other characters get.  Again, the only issue, and someone please inform me if there's a way around it, is not being able to modify when she obtains certain weapons, which will cause her to have access to very overpowered weapons fairly early in the game.  In particular these are the Wizer Staff, Crystal Rod, and Princess Guard. 

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2010-10-27 12:56:04 »
hey this is the coolest patch ever thanks but it would be cool if you divide the patch i think into 4 different patches one where her being there no one notices then 3 one that other take notice of her one where she just kinda there one where that"s pro cloudxaerith and one that's pro cloudxtife thanks again for the sweet patch

Well...where to start with this one :/

1 Thanks

2 Punctuation is your friend

3 Are you serious?

I read that post about 3 times to understand what you wanted...in future if someone makes a post that does not use punctuation, I will ignore it.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2010-10-27 13:41:06 »
Haha. Seriously though, I am debating deleting posts like that on sight. If you cannot use any punctuation at all then maybe you do not deserve to have people read your posts.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2010-10-27 14:13:16 »
Haha. Seriously though, I am debating deleting posts like that on sight. If you cannot use any punctuation at all then maybe you do not deserve to have people read your posts.
Get 'em!  This is your house!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #364 on: 2010-10-28 02:11:28 »

I remember one forum where you had to make a post in a special branch of the forum before you were allowed to post anywhere else. If you failed to post that one post correctly ( like mr.punctation-nuke up there ) you got a 24h ban everytime until you did it right.
Those were the good times.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2010-10-28 12:43:31 »
Next update I'll fix that part that Aeris pointed out, and I'll fix that little glitch when Aeris dies. It's strange seeing her with the ribbon in her hair right after seeing a cutscene when it falls out :P

I think now...I'm gonna think about doing a little something for Christmas/New Year.

I'm not going to be working on anything new for a while. I want to sorta forget about FF7 for a while, because It just doesn't feel the same playing it anymore, since I've been playing it almost every week for years testing out various mods.

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2010-10-29 02:15:24 »
hmm.. now that you said that about the ribbon, she would look cute with her hair all down like Tifa's and not in a french braid lol.

Touph Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2010-10-29 05:08:46 »
I had an idea regarding the Aerith's death scene...
How about cutting the FMV short just as you see Sephiroth swooping down, and going straight to a battle against him?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #368 on: 2010-10-29 05:36:31 »
you don't battle sephiroth but Jenova, so that makes little sense.
Also, I dont think cutting short a FMV can be done without actually editing the FMV in question, in which case he would have to ship the modified FMV with the patch
and Aerith with hair down isn't really Aerith. She's bound to have more than one ribbon. I mean, do you know any girl that has only one hair tie? one ribbon? haha.

Touph Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2010-10-29 10:12:55 »
No, I mean fighting Sephiroth (or a pile of Jenova cells in his shape, but that's just a technicality.). As in, a custom enemy. For the edited FMV, you could distribute it through a patch, like the FMVs for the Scorpicus Sephiroth mod. It would probably be too much work for too little gain, but it's just an idea.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #370 on: 2010-10-29 20:41:52 »
a) he said he won't mess with the storyline. changing the battle involves changing scene.bin. that would mean he'd have to include scene.bin in the patch. no thank you
b) editing a FMV to make it fit is one thing, to distribute it and then get people that usually have NFI what they are doing to implement it correctly another

fazit: this is one of the worse ideas in the thread

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2010-10-29 21:45:55 »
a) he said he won't mess with the storyline. changing the battle involves changing scene.bin. that would mean he'd have to include scene.bin in the patch. no thank you
b) editing a FMV to make it fit is one thing, to distribute it and then get people that usually have NFI what they are doing to implement it correctly another

fazit: this is one of the worse ideas in the thread

I think some people just skip everything I say and look for pictures :/

EDIT: Anyone that's on other FF forums...would you mind mentioning this? I'm not registered on any other FF forum, and the other forums where I talk about FF, they all think FF7 is "Overrated" so posting an FF7 mod isn't the best of ideas...

Like Bear said, I didn't go through all this effort for like 6 people to play it.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-29 21:57:31 by ultima espio »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #372 on: 2010-10-30 07:03:48 »
I don't really go to any other final fantasy forum. You get the best publicity by doing the following:
record a video of aerith dying, then staying with the party, record some of the scenes where she is already dead but still in cutscenes and her dialog. Show her in the scene where they find the ancient key, the aftermath with Bugenhagen und then after the Diamond Weapon fight.
Upload on youtube as "Aerith Ressurection Patch" and voila.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2010-10-30 12:54:54 »
I've posted this on another forum, lets see what happens...

I'm just afraid of getting attacked about it. It's happened here once before, some people just don't like the thought of it...

I never liked Aeris. I was pretty happy when Sephiroth pwned her.

Seems I'm right.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-30 13:35:37 by ultima espio »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2010-10-30 13:42:11 »
I've posted this on another forum, lets see what happens...

I'm just afraid of getting attacked about it. It's happened here once before, some people just don't like the thought of it...

I never liked Aeris. I was pretty happy when Sephiroth pwned her.

Seems I'm right.
I can't really imagine that many people are playing FF7 for the brand new and exciting story.   People=dumb