Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 330454 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [REL] Ultima Espio Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch
« Reply #375 on: 2010-10-30 16:10:46 »
People are frign stupid in general. Unless proven otherwise, I automatically assume that they bring about barely the minimum level of intelligence to breathe, eat, and shit. thats about it.
Also, it's like food. "Don't like it, don't eat it."
If they don't like it, tell them to shut the hell up and go back to drilling their nose while playing through the game with the exact same story for the 112th time.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2010-10-30 16:19:39 »
this makes no sense to me i dont get it i just dont get i thought i wasw going to learn how to revive her

*insert potentially nasty reply here*

I actually feel quite bad now, its like I've done it for no reason :/
« Last Edit: 2010-10-30 17:53:54 by ultima espio »

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2010-10-30 18:10:13 »
Not true Ultima Espio, you did it for yourself, us (being the members of Qhimm), and anyone else who is an Aeris fan. You can't let people's immature stabs get to you anymore than *insert witty analogy*.

You didn't do it for no reason. You have a fan base here, I am sure. ^_^.
*is bad at motivational crap*...

Hope it helped. :O

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #378 on: 2010-10-30 18:33:40 »
You're always in for a rough ride if you're too sensitive to ignore morons
No matter what you produce
Just go on it with the thought that anyone that doesn't appreciate your work automatically fails the qualification for being a intelligent lifeform.
Link me to the forum so I can go and crack in some skulls. I dont pull punches.

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2010-10-31 01:26:25 »
You're always in for a rough ride if you're too sensitive to ignore morons
No matter what you produce
Just go on it with the thought that anyone that doesn't appreciate your work automatically fails the qualification for being a intelligent lifeform.
Link me to the forum so I can go and crack in some skulls. I dont pull punches.

+1

and Ultima i've asked for your help with something like this for years back when you made the Tifa <-> Aerith unreleased mod. so to actually have this is a godsend for me. you did not do this for nothing, and all your work is highly appreciated and treasured. <3 :3

Einlanzer

« Reply #380 on: 2010-10-31 17:39:56 »
Hear hear to the above posts.  Also, Ultima, I'm a totally random person who just became a member here for this patch, and it has me playing FFVII (and enjoying it) for the first time in about 6 years.  So, you know there are people whom appreciate your work.  But, really, you should do projects like this for yourself and not worry about the fan response is.  Like they said above, the average person is incredibly shallow and stupid (particularly in the US).  I mean, really, look how many creationists there are.... wtf? 
« Last Edit: 2010-10-31 23:51:05 by Einlanzer »

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2010-11-01 21:55:17 »
the first thing that I want to say is thank you for create this mod. I am one of those who was looking for a "real" way to revive her since many years ago and now it possible thanks to you. awesome work Ultima Espio!

By the way, I found a bug in blue_2 file (Forgotten City Lake) but I not sure that this bug is because of this patch.
Before the FMV called funeral.avi, in this place it sounds the vincent theme instead of aeris. is there any way to fix this?

I have another question about this patch. To activate this patch or revive aeris, what do I have to do? Should I go somewhere or do something special or she will be in the party all the time?
I hope you understand my question.  ;D
thanks again

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2010-11-01 22:28:48 »
Did you apply the update for blue_2?

Once Cloud gives his speech about Aeris, she is activated in the PHS again, and she isn't locked into the team. She is free to come and go. If you skip past that part, you will have to use Black Chocobo to manually unlock her.

EDIT: Yeah, that does play Vincent's theme. No idea why.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-01 22:34:39 by ultima espio »

Einlanzer

« Reply #383 on: 2010-11-02 23:54:29 »
Alright just got to disc 3.  For the most part everything seems pretty polished.  Here are a few minor things I noticed though, in case you're interested in working more on this patch at a later date:

Aeris does not appear alongside your other party member in two scenes that I've found-

a.  In Lucretia's cave when you take Vincent after obtaining the sub.   

b.  During the scene after the Corel Huge Materia event, the conversation where you acquire Ultima.

Other minor cosmetic oddities -
a.  During the scene where you are being attacked by the Schizo Left in Gaea's cliff, Aeris appears but stands still with her back to the camera while your other two characters are "interacting" with the scene (looking around, getting in their fight pose, etc).  This might be intentional, but given how well she interacts in other scenes I figured it was probably an oversight. 

b.  When deciding whom to give the black materia to later in Gaea's cliff, her dialog seems to be triggered incorrectly.  She right off makes a comment about following Jenova (I'm assuming this is the dialog she is supposed to switch to after you've given the black materia to someone).  She only makes a comment regarding the black materia when you talk to Vincent prior to giving it to someone, during which she is off-screen, leading me to assume that something is working incorrectly here.

c.  After she moves to the top deck of the airship, her dialog is triggered simply by approaching her, and she does not turn to face you when she says it.  Normally, you have to hit <confirm> to trigger dialog with your other members on the airship (including with Aeris before she moves up top), and they turn to face you. I've accidentally triggered the dialog multiple times just by moving too close to her.  Again, might be intentional, but I wanted to let you know in case it wasn't. 

d.  Aeris does not appear anywhere on the airship when you are docked at the Northern crater.  The scene on the top deck changes, so that's probably why. 

Anyway, it's been a blast, although I'd like to see more dialog from her in future versions :).  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: 2010-11-03 00:09:56 by Einlanzer »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2010-11-03 13:16:41 »
Seems there's a lot that I lost :-(

I fixed most of that too :/

About the Highwind, I left that on purpose. Since she appears on the Deck, I thought that it was a bit strange to get her to appear on there when It was parked in the Northern Crater. I have no idea why she talks just by approaching her, Yuffie does the same thing. Her dialogue does vary there, you have to do the side quest for it to change. She still doesn't say anything interesting though :P

She isn't off screen in the Black Materia screen, she is behind Cid. You just need to get closer to her. It was the only place I could put her without it breaking the other characters. That was one of the scenes I found it hard to test, because I had to go through too much to get there. I havent found a debug room to warp there quickly.

Einlanzer

« Reply #385 on: 2010-11-03 22:22:33 »
Oh, when I said she was off-screen during that scene, I didn't mean that she didn't appear.  Aeris was in my active party during the Jenova fight, so she appeared by Cloud, meaning that she was standing off-screen when I talked to Vincent.

I left a save there, after doing the scene a couple of more times I see what the issue is, and there's only one.  It's perfect if Aeris isn't in your active party- she appears by Cid, first refuses the black materia, then after you give it to someone she changes to "we should rest here".  All well and good.  If she is in your active party, when you speak to her she says "So we were following Jenova", which sounds right.  But when you speak to Vincent about the black materia, her line "Cloud, I just can't" immediately follows in the dialog.  Not a huge deal by any stretch, but it obviously shouldn't be triggering there.

As for the Highwind, all well and good, I just wasn't sure if you were aware of it.

In my game at least, Yuffie doesn't do that, you have to hit confirm to speak with her, just like with Aeris when she is on the bridge. 
And dare I ask what sidequest you are referring to?  Aeris' line has been the same on the airship since she moved to the deck so I'm curious if I missed something :).

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2010-11-03 22:38:49 »
The hint is in what she says  :P Listen to her, and you'll see ;)

hey friend
you should to make a guide for final fantasy vii pc
with Aeris in the game
That would be great!!

:-o
« Last Edit: 2010-11-06 13:41:20 by ultima espio »

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2010-11-07 04:42:39 »

hey friend
with Aeris in the game
That would be great!!

what the hell? do people gradually get stupider with each passing day? lol. Ultima you've made me laugh and have made my day with that, ty :p <3

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #388 on: 2010-11-07 05:31:10 »

hey friend
with Aeris in the game
That would be great!!

what the hell? do people gradually get stupider with each passing day? lol. Ultima you've made me laugh and have made my day with that, ty :p <3

depends on whom :P politicians and people who expect help with illegal copies? yes, guys like Ultima, Kudistos, Obesebear and sl= hell no :D

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #389 on: 2010-11-07 05:41:37 »
Pretty sure he was asking a rhetorical question.
Because we all know that the public mob isn't the brightest of factions
You'd think that people who played FF7 when they were like what.. 12-15 would be grown up enough now to think like human beings.

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2010-11-07 06:21:27 »
Pretty sure he was asking a rhetorical question.
Because we all know that the public mob isn't the brightest of factions
You'd think that people who played FF7 when they were like what.. 12-15 would be grown up enough now to think like human beings.

she* and yes it was slightly rhetorical, but his response was just as humorous to add to it, and i agree with his statement :P. i also agree with what you said lol.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #391 on: 2010-11-07 15:51:33 »
*poses with FFVII victory fanfare* but yeah, people seem to degrade in brain function at an alarming rate nowadays. i learn differently than some (i absolutely need to try something in order to learn it) and yet i seem smarter than half the people in my hometown, which to be honest, is pretty sizable. i believe one day we shall all be reintroduced to the world of the caveman.... with lazer pistols :D

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #392 on: 2010-11-08 07:16:43 »

hey friend
with Aeris in the game
That would be great!!

Hahaha, this made my night.  It also seems you have inadvertently stumbled upon the answer to one of the mysteries of the universe.  You are indeed correct; people do, in fact, become more stupid with each passing day.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2010-11-11 16:54:11 »
somebody should to make a guide for pc with the patch aeris :)

I thought you would have got the hint after I ignored you the past 6 times.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-11 17:03:19 by ultima espio »

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2010-11-11 22:29:28 »

who is it sending it to you dear? lol. im sure i, or one of the others who love reading this thread, can use 'simple words' to make him understand.. xD

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2010-11-11 22:40:56 »

who is it sending it to you dear? lol. im sure i, or one of the others who love reading this thread, can use 'simple words' to make him understand.. xD

Indeed.

Espio-kun, you tell Kudi-chan all about those people sending you nasty PMs. He'll use his special skills to make them go away.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2010-11-12 04:29:49 »
Espio-kun, you tell Kudi-chan all about those people sending you nasty PMs. He'll use his special skills to make them go away.
This.   Spam is spam.  If you want the person taken care of just let me know.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2010-11-12 10:40:38 »
*cracks his knuckes*

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2010-11-12 11:45:04 »
Hate to disappoint, but they are comments on Youtube :P

Someone called Aerisvida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUiet07LL8o

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2010-11-12 15:39:27 »
Hate to disappoint, but they are comments on Youtube :P

Someone called Aerisvida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUiet07LL8o
Sounds more like Kudistos territory then.