Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 501814 times)

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #300 on: 2009-07-31 06:24:58 »
Woot! Thanks man, this makes making all the weapons a whole lot easier for me  :-D

The least I can do is return the favour; here's a direct download link from my website so you don't have to deal with that megaupload crap:

http://millenia3d.net/misc/Kimera09.rar
« Last Edit: 2009-07-31 06:28:44 by Millenia »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2009-07-31 11:07:35 »
Ugh... right obesebear, it was seriously screwed. Not only it wasn't loading the field models, it was also destroying the animation files. Please, redownload. And well, i won't call it 1.0 at least until I make the 3DS importer :-P.

Thanks Zack Fair, hope it serves your purposes. The interface is a bit unfriendly still, though. I'll see if I can do something better.

Thanks a lot Millenia, having to deal with megaulpoad to download this small file was quiet absurd. But upload the new version please.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-31 11:09:06 by Borde »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2009-07-31 12:49:01 »
Awesomeness!

Must try this out :-D

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #303 on: 2009-07-31 15:19:34 »
this is probably gonna sound stupid, but i get this error when trying to load the new Kimera:

"Component 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

is that a vista thing? 'cause i run vista 32.
i've tried installing VB6 runtime libraries or whatever, but that made no difference, and i really wanna get to using this. any ideas?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2009-07-31 15:23:16 »
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=MSCOMCT2.OCX

Note: I'm using Windows 7 x64.

I had to put this in my windows/system folder and then run the command line for 95, 98, and ME.  You may have to run the XP command line.. but I can't be sure

There will be another one that pops up missing, just do the same thing and you'll be up and running

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2009-07-31 15:26:01 »
i havnt had a chance to play with this yet, but am i correct in understanding that when you say battle animations editable, i can animate them myself?

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #306 on: 2009-07-31 15:40:20 »
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=MSCOMCT2.OCX

Note: I'm using Windows 7 x64.

I had to put this in my windows/system folder and then run the command line for 95, 98, and ME.  You may have to run the XP command line.. but I can't be sure

There will be another one that pops up missing, just do the same thing and you'll be up and running

thanks a lot, at first it errored, but for some stupid f*cking reason vista refuses to awknowledge the "run" function as administrative, nor does it think it's a program. so the only way i could to it was to run task manager as an administrator and THEN run that command line via task magager...*sigh*. anyway, cheers, helped a lot :D

i havnt had a chance to play with this yet, but am i correct in understanding that when you say battle animations editable, i can animate them myself?
i assume so. could be good =DD

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2009-07-31 15:44:54 »
well... its doable lol. Not the most traditional method of animation. At a quick glance it seems like i could edit whats already there. Its hard to tell but it seems almost like they did 3d frame by frame XD, which wouldnt be all that surprising, but would make it kind of tedious to reanimate. (also limited in number of frames unless theres an add frame button i missed)

EDIT:nvm scratch that... its normal key'd animations, however, how do we add keyframes?

EDIT2: srry i'm a noob just found it., well, to add/take away frames... i'll work on figuring out keyframing, and bored, I heavily suggest you put a pause/play button on animations with a loop checkbox.

EDIT3: *i promise this'll b the last one* bored, is there a way to just animate with keyframes? i got a simple animation done, what i did wa erase all the frames so i just had the root frame. i duplicated it and modified, then duplicated that etc... is there another intended way to animate?
« Last Edit: 2009-07-31 15:54:12 by timu sumisu »

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #308 on: 2009-07-31 16:04:22 »
Ugh... right obesebear, it was seriously screwed. Not only it wasn't loading the field models, it was also destroying the animation files. Please, redownload. And well, i won't call it 1.0 at least until I make the 3DS importer :-P.

Thanks Zack Fair, hope it serves your purposes. The interface is a bit unfriendly still, though. I'll see if I can do something better.

Thanks a lot Millenia, having to deal with megaulpoad to download this small file was quiet absurd. But upload the new version please.

Uh, I downloaded the version I uploaded just before I posted? D:

NVM, you must've made some small changes, the modify time is about 12 hours newer on your link. I've changed it now; feel free to add my link to yer first post :p
« Last Edit: 2009-07-31 16:08:07 by Millenia »

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #309 on: 2009-07-31 16:32:13 »
well... its doable lol. Not the most traditional method of animation. At a quick glance it seems like i could edit whats already there. Its hard to tell but it seems almost like they did 3d frame by frame XD, which wouldnt be all that surprising, but would make it kind of tedious to reanimate. (also limited in number of frames unless theres an add frame button i missed)

EDIT:nvm scratch that... its normal key'd animations, however, how do we add keyframes?

EDIT2: srry i'm a noob just found it., well, to add/take away frames... i'll work on figuring out keyframing, and bored, I heavily suggest you put a pause/play button on animations with a loop checkbox.

EDIT3: *i promise this'll b the last one* bored, is there a way to just animate with keyframes? i got a simple animation done, what i did wa erase all the frames so i just had the root frame. i duplicated it and modified, then duplicated that etc... is there another intended way to animate?

seems that's the only way to animate

also, i seem to have encountered either a glitch or just a misunderstanding or something. when loading field models,  clicking one with textures brings up a thing on the side that shows one of them, and has a dropdown menu, and some buttons. on closer inspection, trying to use the dropdown menu to see the different textures results in kimera trying to load a .P files, which if you DO load it, it puts it on top of the p file you just clicked on to see its textures. also, hitting "remove textures" just deletes the .P file from the bone. im not sure about change and add textures yet.
....in writing this, it seems to have stopped doing this now. was that normal?

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2009-07-31 18:02:08 »
Thanks for the new kimera Borde, I’ll put it in good use right away. :-)

Trishty

« Reply #311 on: 2009-07-31 18:15:56 »
I create some models for field and it work with Kimera but in game crash. Could you add some thing to kimera check models can be work fine in game?
Example:
Cloud kid work with Kimera but in game crash

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2009-07-31 19:31:32 »
Looks like the animation editior is leading to some confusion. Sorry everyone, it's a bit obscure. I'll try to write a small tutorial about it tomorrow.
>++@>(M♥T)<@++<, the models created with Kimera SHOULD work in-game (unless it says it didn't find something while loading it). If they don't, there is a bug in my code. Please, send me the model and I'll take a look to see what went wrong.

By the way, thanks Millenia. Added your mirror to the main post.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2009-08-01 02:42:31 »
Editing animations? now you won't look so weird using the PRP!!! haha

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #314 on: 2009-08-01 12:10:07 »
Editing animations? now you won't look so weird using the PRP!!! haha
actually, i believe editing field model animations has been possible for a long while, with the use of a program named Shera or Cetra or something by Ficedula. it's just that borde's tool is a LOT more user-friendly.

but using them to make normal proportion models look normal in field? why didnt i think of that!

I'm guessing they'd still look a bit weird though.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2009-08-01 12:35:48 »
It would still look strange due to it using joints instead of bones :|

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2009-08-01 13:25:48 »
other then the fast style shift in animations (the normal stand to that run you do as cloud) and his arms being so far apart. (both of which someone could fix i bet) i don't see how they look weird, Maybe it's cause i've never been past the bombing mission. i have an issue with the maretia not appearing at all..

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2009-08-01 18:33:47 »
Nop, sorry, I know it's a very time consumming method, but that's the only thing you can do with the current interface. I'll try to work on some frames interpolation method in order to cut the requeried time.
also, i seem to have encountered either a glitch or just a misunderstanding or something. when loading field models,  clicking one with textures brings up a thing on the side that shows one of them, and has a dropdown menu, and some buttons. on closer inspection, trying to use the dropdown menu to see the different textures results in kimera trying to load a .P files, which if you DO load it, it puts it on top of the p file you just clicked on to see its textures. also, hitting "remove textures" just deletes the .P file from the bone. im not sure about change and add textures yet.
....in writing this, it seems to have stopped doing this now. was that normal?
Well, you probably were using the add part button. It let's you stack several P files on a single bone. The texture options can be accesed through the "Show texture options" button.

The current problem with the modified field models is they are taller than the original ones. Under some circumstances, this may cause the models to look sunken on the ground. This can be adjusted on the animation. by the way, field animations were also editable unsing Kimera084. It was rather buggy though...

Here you have my manual explaining how to use the new features:

Textures
This version of Kimera let's you do some operations releated with the textures. This options are initially hidden, so you must press the "Show Texture options" button to display the controls.
Keep in mind that field models and battle models organize their textures in different ways:
  • Field models: There is a separate list of textures for every part of the model. Thus the part you want to modify must be selected in order to acces to it's textures list.
  • Battle models: There is a single list of textures for the whole model. The list of textures is allways available. Keep in mind there is a limit of 10 textures per battle model. If you need more textures, you can allways combine more than one on a single file
You can see a drop down list (where you can select the texture you are going to operate), and up-down button that let's you change textures order, and 3 more options. Let's take a closer look at what all this controls do:

Change texture order
Final Fantasy VII can apply one texture to a group of polygons in a model. The texture to be applied is specified as an index in the list of loaded textures. You can change the index of every texture using the up-down control next to the textures list. Pressing the up button will decrease the index and pressing up will increse it.

Change texture
You can change directly a texture on the list. When you press the "Change Texture" button a dialog will pop up to let you select a texture file (TEX, BMP, JPG, GIF  and ICO formats are supported). The selected texture will be removed and the new texture will take it's index.

Add texture
You may need to add a new texture, specially if you are using a model imported with PCreator. Pressing the "Add texture button" will let you choose a new texture that will be added at the end of the list.
PD.: Thanks to polaris_027 for his head model. Hope he doesn't mind me posting how it looks like.

Remove texture
This option removes a texture from the list. It's purpose is simply removing textures loaded accidentally. All texture indices after the chosen one will be decreased by one.

Animations
The animations (both battle and fiels ones) can be almost completly edited (there is some data on the battle models who's meaning is still unknown for me). The interface is a bit unconfortable, though. The animation options re hidden by default, and you must press the "Show frame options" in order to display them.
Now you will notice a box tittled "Bone Rotation". It will display the rotation on the X, Y and Z axes for the selected bone and the selected frame. You can change this data by pressing the up-down buttons next to every text box or write the value you want directly there. Please note if there is no bone selected this field will be disabled.
You may also want to change the root rotation and root translation of the model. You can switch between those different data fields by pressing the up-down button next to the "Frame data part" label.
Then you also have a couple more options for frames:
  • Duplicate Frame: Duplicates the currently selected frame. This way you can change the duplicate to define the next frame ofthe animation.
  • Remove Frame: Removes the currently selected frame. You can't do this if there is only one frame on the animation.

Notes about animations:
When working with animations please keep in mind the following things:
  • Be careful with the gimbal lock. Depending on the rotation you define you may notice it doesn't look as it should. This happens because some of the axes gets locked. This is a mathematical limitation of the euler angles description of rotations. It can be solved though several methods (quaternions, matrices, etc.), but I think none of the is compatible with FF7
  • The battle animations don't have a root rotation. Thus, this data can't be edited on battle animations.
  • The weapon animations are independet of the model animations. So if you change the model animation keep in mind to change the weapon animation also. Select the weapon in order to acces to it's data.

Well, hope this solves most of your doubts. If not, don't heasitate to ask.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-01 18:49:51 by Borde »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2009-08-02 00:32:56 »
Sigh, another problem with .9...

.84b can open certain files in world_us.lgp, like Cloud and Cid and Diamond Weapon.  However, .9 can't view them.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2009-08-02 05:41:04 »
hey borde can i request 3 features pritty pritty please anyway here it is can you put in an auto correct to set offset feature that applys the same changes you made to the first frame

maybe i didnt word that right say you move a limb right 15 degrees rather then go threw and move all the frames after that the same way push the button and it move that bone the 15 degrees  for you i.e you modify the ready stance and it keeps bobing up and down as per normal

the second is like the first only with a slight difference its an incrimental offset maker you set the incriment say to 5 then it would move that bone 5 degrees then 10 then 15 i.e for attack animations like cloud swinging his swordto hack a badguy up

the 3rd being to select a group to modify in the p editor portion so you can select the texture group and and stretch the texture area without modifing the model itself or vice-versa

anywho heres what i've done already with the new version

i've also noticed that the output **da file is quite a bit larger then the original  but that could be because the difference in the frames is quite substantial atm or is it because they arnt being save compressed

also it seems to highlight the wrong bone for some reason

the green is the bone that i have selected but the red circled hand is the one that is being moved

edit: added another feature request a pick and an errror
« Last Edit: 2009-08-02 08:02:09 by Zack Fair »

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2009-08-02 15:28:45 »
Hi guys. I've a problem with kimera that I hope you can help me.
First I want to say that I agree with the new rules of this forum. I don't like this rules but I understand the halkun's reasons to create them. In that case the images that I expose here are like an example ok? I think this is the best way to explain my doubt. If I must to erase the images, tell me please.  :-)
Well I've finished this model with kimera. But when I try to load an field animation this is the problem.

Then I tried to repair the model again with this animation but when I do that other animations change also.

Is there any way to change one animation without any changes to the others?
Thanks

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #321 on: 2009-08-02 18:49:54 »
Actually, not to change the subject, but this is exactly why the rule was created.

I'm sure it was difficult for you to segregate the model to it's individual components, but the model was obviously not designed with ff7 in mind. In fact, it looks terrible when you use it because of the way the armatures themselves are rigged, and really nothing to do with the animation or the model.

In this case you probably need to import or make a new armature (skeleton) as well.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2009-08-02 19:31:15 »
Borde, another question...

I've been messing around with adding new textures to new bones with the new .bmp function.  All textures seem to work fine as long as they are set to texture 0.  As soon as I scroll to texture 1 and attempt to change it to a different .bmp nothing will display.  However if I scroll back to texture 0 again, the new .bmp I was trying add replaces the original texture I started off with.

This may just be user error though...  I'm still new to editing all this stuff :-P

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Say I make a new .p file called MTCI in PCreator and MTCI uses texture ID 2, as long as I use IMG2TEX to rename my .bmp to MTAE, Kimera.9 will load everything perfectly :)  As a matter of fact, I have 3 total textures used on Safer Sephiroth (eyes, black wing, white wing) but if I try to use Kimera to scroll through the different textures, it opens the "open model" box.

It seems like a lot of complaining from me, so I would like to reiterate how thankful I am you took the time to make this awesome program! :)
« Last Edit: 2009-08-02 20:05:45 by obesebear »

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2009-08-02 20:29:11 »
yeah of course. They are different games... I'm a beginner in this matter. It's the best thing that I could have done. Anyway, thank you very much. I'll try to do it again  :-D :-D

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2009-08-03 00:00:53 »
borde would it be possible to make a ghost button that create a tranparent copy of a specific frame so you can line up things like the feet for idle animations

i think that will be my last feature request

anywho just so people know the edited animations work wonders ingame