Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] The Reunion (OLD THREAD, SAVED FOR POSTERITY)  (Read 1251360 times)

eN7eRaF

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Menu Overhaul Project
« Reply #775 on: 2011-10-20 04:04:37 »
Good Luke Mr.DLBP

Well
 I used version 3 and I not see any error
 But in the countdown , a simple error.
 Did not affect on my game
 If there are features in the new version!
 Different from the version 3! you can say to All!

sephilyic

« Reply #776 on: 2011-10-20 06:48:56 »
excuse me, Mr. DLPB.
while the encoding is processing, the 'ff7 text editor' stopped..
can you gimme the solution?

I have installed :
ff7patch v1.02,
ff7 opengl-0.7.11b
avalanche high res.

Roody

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 2011-10-20 12:35:46 »
excuse me, Mr. DLPB.
can you gimme the solution?

I have installed :
ff7patch v1.02,
ff7 opengl-0.7.11b
avalanche high res.

Avalanche won't work with the menu overhual.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2011-10-20 14:04:47 »

Deselect canon name option and american spelling option, try M004b and see what happens.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-20 14:52:26 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 2011-10-20 14:51:27 »
Menu Overhaul Project M004d: CLICK HERE

Notes:

Re-translation does not FULLY support Gjoerulv's hardcore mod.  Hardcore mod has made so many changes to scene and kernel2 that it is impossible to make them work together with a basic install.  It would take the collaboration of both of us at the end of both projects to meld them together.  I added an option to patch only flevel and ff7.exe with translation  (skipping the flevel files that Gjoerulv has altered).

Re-translation does not and never will support Aerith revival.  Plainly, changing the entire premise of the game and rewriting large sections of Aerith dialogue is not the aim of a re-translation project.  I guess if people want me to, I can still patch scene, kernel, ff7.exe and world map.

Hardcore mod and possibly Aerith mod, will crash the installer on a flevel encode (normal menu option).  This is due to faulty code in THEIR mods, and THEY (the hardcore/aerith authors) must address them.  Retranslation SHOULD run fine with hardcore mod.

A future touphScript will look into ways of skipping badly coded files rather than crashing.  It should be noted that the bugs present that crash touphScript, will also crash the game for these mods too.  It is NOT a touphScript issue.

I have changed the installer to show flevel encode, so that you can terminate it if it hangs or crashes. ALWAYS CHECK log.txt FOUND IN DATA FOLDER.  IF ANYTHING IS THERE LET ME KNOW.

Code: [Select]
KNOWN ISSUES:
1. Aali's driver after v0.7.11b will fix the problems with battle fade out and critical hits etc.
2. If you use large character names (like YO BARRET), expect issues with them not fitting into menus. Use common sense.
3. Possible bug with 9999 patch and HP<-->MP Materia.  Please note any issues.
4. Possible crash when accessing magic menu.  Looking into it but cannot replicate it as yet.  Very rare.
5. FF9 graphic title bar in battle is distorted at certain resolutions.  Looking into it.
6. This mod will NOT work with broken flevel files through bad code.  Hardcore mod does have such a file at moment.
7.  Retranslation is not supported for Aerith Revival.  At the very end, FULL support for hardcore mod may be added.

REVISION HISTORY:

For M005:

1. Retranslation Project Revision 002.  In particular consistency with menu descriptions.
2. Any missed bug fixes
3. End credits looked at, mainly the "500 years later" text.
4. Another look at smoother opening menu transition.
5. FeliX graphics fixed (very slight issues).
6. Possible Dzuigo fix to Materia exchange menu (original game has an annoyance where the cursor moves to 8th slot all time).
7. British spellings in ff7.exe also changed with option.

21-Oct-2011 M004 (a-d)
Changes:

1.  Fixed uninstaller and reinstaller
2.  Critical update to touphScript so that it does not crash when encountering a bad kernel2.
3.  Fix for Gjoerulv Hardcore mod and the retranslation project.
4.  touphScript update. Skips badly coded flevel files without crashing.

19-Oct-2011 M004
Changes:

1. Retranslation Project is now merged with this installer. Lots of small changes to layout were also needed with this option.
2. touphScript editor is now deployed for window resize and fixes.
3. Hand icon for the Enemy Skill Roulette is added.
4. FeliX graphics having no grey font is fixed.
5. Bloodshot's avatars are added.
6. Tutorial dialogue boxes fixed.
7. Chocobo name entry menu is fixed.
8. World Map dialogue cursor is fixed.
9. FeliX credits background added.
10. New FF7 and squaresoft logo added at end of credits.
11. Slight changes to some menu alignments.
12. Major bug with the equipment menu fixed (wrong items appearing etc).
13. Equip menu altered so there is not a big black gap.
14. Materia arrange is fixed in retranslation version, thanks Dziugo
15. Option for battle action box resizer (and centre).
16. Slight tweak to field icon locator, although still does not look right because Aalis driver has issue with transparency.
17. Stuttering down-scroll in battle menus fixed (I bet you didn't even notice it).
18. touphScript can now edit Kernel.bin and kernel2.bin so no manual alteration needed.
19. Materia trash box made smaller
20. Defend and Change descriptions in battle are removed.
21. Limit menu background in battle is fixed (very small protrusion).
22. Coin menu background in battle is fixed (very small protrusion).
23. Option to allow full status effects list in the status menu.
24. Gil text when throwing gil now has a space between value and the text.
25. Menus altered to allow for 1 extra EXP digit (my old godly save from year 2000 showed that 1 extra was needed).
26. Status submenu in battle is increased in size.
27. Party Reform menu is fixed (I had no idea it was different).  I have also changed the "Press Start button" mistake.
28. Counter is now correctly Counter Attack in Chocobo prizes for the original game.
29. Chocobo and prize names are expanded. 
30. Fixed issue with Key Item menu background when player has no key items.
31. Better spacing of 2 characters ("&" and the interpunct "∙"). The interpunct is not supported and will show a space.
32. My custom code moved to 1 area and cleaned up.
33. Readme's distributed with installation to desktop.
34. I don't ever want to play the part,
      Of a statistic on a government chart.
« Last Edit: 2011-12-13 23:28:23 by DLPB »

sephilyic

« Reply #780 on: 2011-10-20 15:03:47 »
So, you mean. This can be installed although I've installed "avalanche high res"?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2011-10-20 15:18:55 »
the only avalanche thing you cannot install is the menu overhaul they did.  It is a separate thing.  As long as you install this mod LAST it will be fine either way. The first post explains this.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2011-10-20 15:28:38 »
DLPB, i installed your m004a patch, worked flawlessly, should i update to the m004c? or is that bug fixes that are for mods? Only mod i use is Team avalanche, which i already got working with your new mod (which by the way is beautiful)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2011-10-20 15:35:44 »
DLPB, i installed your m004a patch, worked flawlessly, should i update to the m004c? or is that bug fixes that are for mods? Only mod i use is Team avalanche, which i already got working with your new mod (which by the way is beautiful)

M004c fixes retranslation with hardcore mod (albeit basic fix), and fixes possible crash with a "bad" kernel2.  That's about it.  Not worth it in your case.

M004c is released

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2011-10-21 17:06:42 »
M004d released, see first post for link (it is now in place of M004c just a little further up).  This is a fix for hangs in the installer.  touphScript will now skip bad files in flevel.  I have also updated retranslation project a little bit, cleaning up some mistakes.

There will be no more small updates with M004.  Next version is M005.

edit:

I have also fixed the red, green field arrows and locator hand.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-22 05:46:19 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2011-10-22 21:34:15 »
Can I just make a personal thank you to Dziugo.  These are the things he has done:

Gypt
Lucky Cait
Lucky Tifa
9999 break HP patch
Default Run
- Help with understanding some of the code
- Fix to Materia exchange menu
- Help with Re-translation arrange items
- Fix for Materia arrange order
- Possibly help with the menu-opening transition fix.

« Last Edit: 2011-10-22 21:36:20 by DLPB »

ConHuevos

« Reply #786 on: 2011-10-23 00:38:15 »
EDIT:  Nevermind.  Would probably be best to edit the first post and put the newest download there.

Thanks.  Great mod.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 2011-10-23 00:59:11 »
It is the newest on the first post...  it links to it.

TheYearZero

« Reply #788 on: 2011-10-23 10:35:57 »
I installed the M004d mod and it worked but now no music plays  :-(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2011-10-23 15:23:55 »
I installed the M004d mod and it worked but now no music plays  :-(

I don't follow how... this mod makes no changes to music parts of code.  Are you sure you didn't put your music or ff7music etc inside the modpath?  And do you mean midi?

TheYearZero

« Reply #790 on: 2011-10-24 04:22:24 »
Yeah, I meant the midi. I don't use ff7music or any custom music at all.. Nevermind coz I uninstalled then reistalled the game and M004d and everything works again! :D. But the last time it didn't work I installed it with the 'Remove command box' option and the text was awful. When I reinstalled everything, I didn't use the option and now it works perfectly. I still don't know if it had anything to do with what affected the sound or the font tho..

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2011-10-24 04:42:28 »
More likely you installed it on some bad exe etc... out of remix patch.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2011-10-25 17:09:35 »
Dziugo does it again!

He has shown me the menu transition code area and optimal values, so now I have made the menu smooth like the PSX game (see here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDzDYo8OjP0  38 seconds in)

At same time, I also had a look into the waiting times, and reduced them, so the menus should open and close faster now too.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2011-10-26 03:16:59 »
Well my idea for that cave dude to tell you all stats is kaput.  Mem3 will let you add things from memory but the base offset is 00DC08DC and to change it would likely cause huge issues... not to mention mem3 seems to be made simply for the 3 chocobo attributes.  There are 3 different parts of code that deal with them using the base offset + dialogue value, and they only take in ff7text anyway... not values.

So without a rewrite to add the ability it is no go, and best guess that be a nightmare.

So only things cave dude can really show you are things which mem1 and mem2 display (like roller coaster scores).

We will see if I bother adding those in.  Prob a waste of time.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2011-10-30 06:37:48 »
Due to a slight bug in tS, retranslation option will wreck the world map dialogue.  This will be corrected in M005.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: 2011-10-30 16:12:33 »
DLPB, Will all the differences between the two be fixed in m005 as well? Menu transitions, and the frames between slots.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 2011-10-30 16:15:36 »
Frames between slots?  Which things do you mean?  M005 should be the last major revision...  so everything on the todo list should be done :)  This includes opening menu transition, better magic barrier animation, fix for world map dialogue box resize, exhange menu annoyance fixed,and possibly a choice on whether the battle information stays even when sub menus are open.

Is that what you meant?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2011-10-31 13:10:19 »
Kinda, in your video, you show on the PSX you have 8 frames between images in the slots, in the PC there are only 2, just curious if you intended to fix that or not.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: 2011-10-31 13:20:29 »
I can't fix it...  battles need to be at 60fps (this is a frame rate problem), see 60fps thread. :)  At first I thought the menu transition was some frame rate calculation error, but it wasn't... so I fixed that :)
« Last Edit: 2011-10-31 14:11:29 by DLPB »

Asuka_XL

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 2011-10-31 14:17:03 »
i got this..

cannot see the numbers there