Author Topic: Cosmos Limit Break: backgrounds extended for true widescreen  (Read 10631 times)

Cosmos

• View Profile

Overview
The Cosmos Limit Break mod extends previously 4:3 only field background textures for widescreen displays using a combination of AI and extensive manual editing. This is a complete field texture pack based on the upscaled SYW textures.

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yilGhooepOo

Downloads

You can download the mod from 7thHeaven catalog or from the direct link below:
https://cosmos.7thheaven.rocks/CosmosLimitBreak.iro
Mirror: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/104?tab=files

Troubleshooting
For this mod to work you need to update to have the "widescreen" folder in the "Additional Folders to Monitor" in the General Settings.
New 7thHeaven installs have this set by default but already existing installs need to add the folder. If you don't then do the following:
  • PC users: click on the "Reset Defaults" button and the "widescreen" folder will be automatically added.
  • Steam Deck users: click on the "+" button and the "widescreen" folder manually. 
Also, please update to latest FFNx (either canary or stable is ok).

Screenshots

Credits

Satsuki Yatoshi for providing the 4:3 upscaled backgrounds this mod is based on.
Vertex, TrueOdin and Satsuki Yatoshi for helping processing the backgrounds through the outpainting AI.
myst6re for the Background editor used to export the modified background data
TrueOdin for PR review and assisting me in the development process
Bynyl for the trailer music arrangement
« Last Edit: 2024-02-23 01:10:16 by Cosmos »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Hi! This looks amazing!!

I am getting an error when launching that is no doubt related to the widescreen, mesh and reset defaults buttons you are pointing out, but I cannot figure out what I need to do. I don't have a Widescreen or Mesh folders to point to. Do I need to just manually create these empty folders in the game directory and point 7H to them?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: 2024-01-14 09:43:45 by Template »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Hi Template, you need to first update both 7th Heaven and FFNx in General Settings. Then click on Reset Defaults in General Settings. That should be doing. Oh and of course select Widescreen 16:9 from Game Driver Settings.

Template

• View Profile
Hi Template, you need to first update both 7th Heaven and FFNx in General Settings. Then click on Reset Defaults in General Settings. That should be doing. Oh and of course select Widescreen 16:9 from Game Driver Settings.

Heya, thanks for reply.

Not sure what I did wrong... I don't see an option to update FFNx from General Settings in 7H.

I went to https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx/releases and got 1.17 for both steam and 1998 releases and tried to move the files from the steam release FFNx to my game directory. Now when I go to 7H I get an unhandled exception about a given key not being present when I go to the Game Driver menu.

Edit: Sorry all, think I just needed to download new 7th Heaven as it's been a long time and doesn't seem to be able to update to newest version. Think I'm good to go
« Last Edit: 2024-01-14 10:36:38 by Template »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Yes, you can download last 7H version here. No issue, enjoy this new masterpiece by Cosmos!

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
brilliant work thank you

steffan.blanco

• View Profile
Hello. Sorry to ask, I'm new. Is this the same as the Tsunamods Unified Textures? Should I download this and not the Tsunamods? Thanks

Template

• View Profile
Hello. Sorry to ask, I'm new. Is this the same as the Tsunamods Unified Textures? Should I download this and not the Tsunamods? Thanks

Not the same. Yes download this instead it is unbelievably good.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
This mod is based on my texture witch have been extended to 16/9 with AI stuff and lost of manual tweak.
Its a realy awersome mod if you want to use 16/9 option.
But ATM some screen aren't perfect and some are missing animations (minor issues but can be seen ingame) or have been zoomed+cropped to get 16/9.

So long story short, if you want to use real 16/9, pick this mod, it's a game changer, if you want to play 4/3 or bugfree experience , use my pack.

As Comos's Limit Break will become more and more accurate over time, i think (hope) that in some month my pack will be "obsolete" by a bug free version of Cosmos

Andrews

• View Profile
Hello everyone, sorry if my writing is strange, I'm Brazilian, I'm trying to play using ''Cosmos Limit Break'' and I'm not succeeding, I'm using the version ''7th Heaven v3.3.1.0'' I downloaded the FFNx-FF7_1998-v1.17.1.0 and I replaced the files in the 7th folder, but when I started the game, there were no changes, I already put it in 16:9.

evanft

• View Profile
Is the widescreen folder supposed to be empty while I use this mod?

Andrews

• View Profile
Please, could you help me?

Cosmos

• View Profile
Hello everyone, sorry if my writing is strange, I'm Brazilian, I'm trying to play using ''Cosmos Limit Break'' and I'm not succeeding, I'm using the version ''7th Heaven v3.3.1.0'' I downloaded the FFNx-FF7_1998-v1.17.1.0 and I replaced the files in the 7th folder, but when I started the game, there were no changes, I already put it in 16:9.
Have you checked if you have the "widescreen" folder as explained in the "Troubleshooting" section above?

rhymesmatter

• View Profile
@Cosmos Please help! 7th Heaven is telling me that there is an updated version of the mod since the day before yesterday, yet everytime I try to download it just hangs indefinitely. There were updates for other mods like ECHO-S and ESUI that downloaded and installed normally so the issues seems to be specific to this mod! I definitely have latest stable version for 7th Heaven and FFx (non-canary builds). The version I have is 1.01 and the version that the system is trying to download is 1.02. Please haaaalp!
« Last Edit: 2024-02-15 23:00:23 by rhymesmatter »

Final_Figue

• View Profile
yet everytime I try to download it just hangs indefinitely.

In my case took me like five hours to download the update...

Andrews

• View Profile
Have you checked if you have the "widescreen" folder as explained in the "Troubleshooting" section above?

Yes, you already have the ''widescreen'' folder

rhymesmatter

• View Profile
In my case took me like five hours to download the update...

So that's definitely abnormal. Is there some issue with the file or the server?? I simply can't downoad it. I get speeds like 55 MB/s yet nothing happens. It just keeps hanging/freezing without actually dowloading. Is this a 7th heaven mod manager issue or a mod issue?

Template

• View Profile
So that's definitely abnormal. Is there some issue with the file or the server?? I simply can't downoad it. I get speeds like 55 MB/s yet nothing happens. It just keeps hanging/freezing without actually dowloading. Is this a 7th heaven mod manager issue or a mod issue?

Same. Sometimes I see an update for this mod and try to download it. Had good download speed this time tonight, but it failed and then the update disappeared from the catalog.

Exostenza

• View Profile
@Cosmos Please help! 7th Heaven is telling me that there is an updated version of the mod since the day before yesterday, yet everytime I try to download it just hangs indefinitely. There were updates for other mods like ECHO-S and ESUI that downloaded and installed normally so the issues seems to be specific to this mod! I definitely have latest stable version for 7th Heaven and FFx (non-canary builds). The version I have is 1.01 and the version that the system is trying to download is 1.02. Please haaaalp!

Same for me. I have tried to download the update through 7th heaven so many times now and it just downloads a bunch and then hangs at some point forever. I am on here now using the manual download link hoping it is updated so I can just chuck it in the folder and be done with this already.

Edit: Well, the manual download failed twice so there is clearly something wrong with the hosted file.
« Last Edit: 2024-02-20 03:20:22 by Exostenza »

Cosmos

• View Profile
Sorry, it seems the server is being hammered with too much traffic. I added the nexusmods mirror to the OT so please use that if you have problems downloading from the catalog.

Exostenza

• View Profile
Sorry, it seems the server is being hammered with too much traffic. I added the nexusmods mirror to the OT so please use that if you have problems downloading from the catalog.

Nice! I downloaded it from Nexus Mods just fine.

rhymesmatter

• View Profile

Success! Downloaded update from Nexus mod. BTW there's something seriously wrong with the 7th Heaven download version. I waited about 1 hour with constant pausing and unpausing the download and when it eventually finished and the seconds became 0 nothing was happening and the download continued into negative seconds. Thank you for including the Nexus version! Hopefully the 7th heaven server issue gets fixed soon.

Schtenk

• View Profile
I have created a torrent for this for anyone impatient like me or having trouble downloading this through 7th Heaven or Nexus Mods.

Torrent:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J4TShEwU_sazZhKUJCtUUMBnujvr6EJC/view?usp=sharing

I will seed as much as I can.

Most likely no longer necessary/ there is a newer version.
« Last Edit: 2024-02-27 12:54:49 by Schtenk »

Lycantros

• View Profile
Hello friends,
Excuse my incompetence, but no matter how much I have tried to get the mod to work, I can't. I have the folders that you indicate, but the game starts without any graphical changes. Is there a tutorial on how to install it?

Aceinvader

• View Profile
Hi @Cosmos,

I am wondering if I can take these amazingly enhanced textures and improve them by going in and personally adjusting each image in Adobe Photoshop and maybe upscale each to 4k (not sure if it is already). Tough part is compacting it if I do go forward with that.

I have the .dds files so it should not be too difficult from here. I just wanted to get your ok, and say thank you to the modding community for making my favorite game of all time better! A bit about me, I am a digital engineer who develops FPGA designs at a space contractor. Also an artist, so I do think I can improve this. Ofc it will take time, but I am passionate about this game. New to creating mods though lol.

Anyways, thanks for the awesome work.
« Last Edit: 2024-03-08 22:58:38 by Aceinvader »