Author Topic: [FF8:Remastered] Tripod: Remastered v1.1 - Triple Triad HD Custom Textures  (Read 55018 times)

bliznik

• View Profile
Hey, I seem to get a memory leak when I play Triple Triad using this mod for too long on the REMASTER version.

If I play for too long, I get the following error message:

A program error has occured.
error: 3004232570:461
could not load file textures\cards\back_0.png

That file exists and is in the directory structure though. Do you know what I might be able to do in order to fix this issue?

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Hey, I seem to get a memory leak when I play Triple Triad using this mod for too long on the REMASTER version.

That file exists and is in the directory structure though. Do you know what I might be able to do in order to fix this issue?

That is really weird.... Does it just crash on you when that happens?  And it only happens after a certain point?  The resolution of the backgrounds might need to be dropped.... Is your game on an SSD?

Also, are you using the DEMASTER mod pack or just the zzz files?  If you use DEMASTER, it should resolve this issue.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-22 05:28:53 by Mcindus »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Hello, I wanted to play this mod with your fabulous batle hd mod, but it looks like if I use Demaster patch, patch the main.zzz don't worth, is there any way to play with thoose 2 mods together?
Or better, do you have files that can be use with demaster patch for this mod?
Thx for your answer, and your nicely work.

These files work great with demaster - you will have to unpack the ZZZ file and then drop the textures into /DEMASTER_EXP/textures from the main.fs folder that you unpack for the mod.

Xathyr

• View Profile
Hi, thanks for the great work Mcindus, this is simply amazing, although i was having some slight stutters when loading these textures, even when using a SSD with both cards and board (the stutter happened twice, first when loading the board and then again when revealing opponent cards), so i thought about compressing the textures to see if it worked, and when using reduced size pictures the sutter is completely gone, if you don't mind i'll just share them just in case someone has the same problem as me.

https://mega.nz/file/BE4ABa6J#OQxDwbkxsQvk5vNw5mKmnF1TFwQ-1zyDu_vIA2o-97Y

Edit:

This is true, happened to me too before i switched to compressed textures, if you grind cards for too long no matter what you're gonna get this error eventually.

With the compressed ones it should be less likely tho since they're 1/4 original size.

This only applies to the Demaster version.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-26 09:27:25 by Xathyr »