Author Topic: Cannot make Aeris Revival patch work, no idea what to do.  (Read 2792 times)

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
No matter what I try, I can't seem to get Aeris Revival to actually work.  Any other Bootleg mods I choose work just fine, apart from some confusion modding in 30,000 HP/MP for all my people, it always works for Cloud and usually Tifa but the others usually don't get the settings I make in Black Chocobo.

Anyway, I haven't done any manual packing/unpacking of char.lgp or flevel.lgp, I just selected Revival in Bootleg .40 and went with it.  The only thing I can imagine is making it not work is that I did this after I'd achieved the save immediately after her death, like I realised I had mistakenly not ticked the Revival option in Bootleg.  When I went back and tried it, completely running Bootleg again, she was predictably not in the party or the PHS upon loading the Forgotten Capital save.  Inserting her via Black Chocobo puts her in my party, but the game won't let me take her out or replace her with anyone, so that can't be how the patch is meant to work.  I've tried rolling my progress back to just before her death/Jenova battle, that doesn't work either.  I think I'm confused as to the exact procedure to get Revival to work, and I could really use some assistance.  If I absolutely ruined my chances this go-round and -have- to restart the game from scratch, okay, but I'd rather know that before I continue and waste more time hoping for something that isn't going to happen.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Cannot make Aeris Revival patch work, no idea what to do.
« Reply #1 on: 2014-03-04 22:03:28 »
This is a section for posting mods you're working on. There is a Troubleshooting and Bootleg section that would better suit posting in.

Even though I've primarily worked with Bootleg, I have not tested the Revival patch with 040. It was okay with 039, so I left it be. The mod itself has worked fine for many years, and it definitely does not require Black Chocobo, so it can only be one of two things. Bootleg 040 has an error in installing it correctly, or you have chosen another mod that conflicts with it. This is all assuming you know what you're doing with Bootleg and installed everything correctly.

I don't deal with the direct coding of Bootleg, so I can't help you there. You can send Vgr a PM to ask if he'll look into it, but I don't know how long that will take. If it's not the coding, than you'll need to fiddle with your mod options and figure things out. Try installing no changes with Bootleg, except for the Revival Patch, and see what happens then.

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-03-04 22:39:15 »
Sorry about putting this in the wrong section, I was too hasty and didn't read the board properly.   I'll post it in the proper section and try the things you suggested, thank you.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-03-05 11:12:30 »
If you've installed it after her death, you will need to use black chocobo to add her to your team, and make sure that you tick that she's available in phs as well as visible in phs.

Second, if you have a save that's later in the game, board the Highwind and tell me if she's there. I've had a couple of people have problems getting it to install properly through bootleg.