Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2427918 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2050 on: 2014-03-26 02:59:54 »
That could be something he could try also. Regardless, the guide says not to install to system folders, and I will always make my case for that in people's app.log.

The laptop keyboard patch is an option you can select. You can either run Bootleg again with it selected, or manually install it. The file for the patch can be found in The Big List of Mods.

gliliumho

• View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: 2014-03-26 07:10:58 »
Hi, my game is crashing 65th floor of Shinra HQ. I tried using the UNLGP+LGP and then overwrite the blin65_1 file as you mentioned in your FAQ but it still crashes with the boss battle music playing.

Any other way to fix it?

Here's my app.log
Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
ERROR: failed to set fullscreen mode
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series 4.3.12780 Compatibility Profile Context 13.350.1005.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 1024
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
GLITCH: Vsync seems to be forced ON, battle swirl framelimiter will not work
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 1000
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: unhandled exception

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: 2014-03-26 07:47:51 »
Are you using Mode Switching?

gliliumho

• View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: 2014-03-26 08:42:59 »
I believe so. Whenever I open my FF7 Bootloader, there's a droplist fo difficulty mode. How do I disable it?
I remember the first time it crashed, it didn't have mode switching on. Since then, I tried reinstalling different bootleg presets to see if that fixes the problem or not. =\

kaimikatzematrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: 2014-03-26 09:46:53 »
BFE.exe then Game and Translate Text..
German Language works great for me.
EQ2Alyza i dont know why you talking its englisch only xD
« Last Edit: 2014-03-26 09:49:44 by kaimikatzematrix »

shwikkaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: 2014-03-26 12:46:17 »
@Kaldarasha
Right then. Do you know where I can download it and where I put it in?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: 2014-03-26 15:26:11 »
I believe so. Whenever I open my FF7 Bootloader, there's a droplist fo difficulty mode. How do I disable it?
I remember the first time it crashed, it didn't have mode switching on. Since then, I tried reinstalling different bootleg presets to see if that fixes the problem or not. =\

Every time someone reports that crash, they always have Mode Switching installed. It shouldn't crash if you install without Mode Switching. The fix in the FAQ works if it's associated with just installing Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mode, but it doesn't ever work with Mode Switching because of the way it swaps out the flevel.lgp files. If you can find the multiple flevel.lgp files that are used for each difficulty mode selected, then perhaps using the FAQ method needs to be used for each one of them. I've not used Mode Switching in a very long time, so I can't remember if/where those files are stored.

BFE.exe then Game and Translate Text..
German Language works great for me.
EQ2Alyza i dont know why you talking its englisch only xD

It doesn't work in a lot of cases when people choose the Menu Overhaul options. Did you install Bootleg onto an English or German copy of the game? Did you install any Menu Overhaul options?

@Kaldarasha
Right then. Do you know where I can download it and where I put it in?

You can find this information in The Big List of Mods under the Tools, Drivers, and Patches section.

adnanrannu

• View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: 2014-03-26 17:34:30 »
Start over and install the game to a non-system folder. Program Files is a system folder.

It's English only for now.

I'm not.
my system folder is in C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files

adnanrannu

• View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: 2014-03-26 17:38:03 »
To be honest I didn't read his app log. But it doesn't even show an error anyway.  However a look in his config shows the possible reason for the crashes:

I just try that and still I got the damn error window
then I try to update the FF7 opengl to v.0.8.1b
but the font and the image in the bottom got screw up.
I dont know what to do.
please help :-(  :-(

adnanrannu

• View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: 2014-03-26 17:57:32 »
This doesn't solve the memory overflow. With the driver version 0.7.11b you will get this crash sooner or later, depending on how many textures are loaded in over the time. The bigger the textures the faster the crash. The new driver has solved this by limiting the texture cache. So the only solution is either to swap to the new driver (the old GUI overhauls wont work) or not to use too many texture improvements ( I suggest the HQ magic shouldn't be used. Most of them aren't improvements anyway and are only memory eater) and reducing the possibility for a crash.

how could I "not to use too many texture improvements ( I suggest the HQ magic shouldn't be used. Most of them aren't improvements anyway and are only memory eater)" ?

gliliumho

• View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: 2014-03-26 18:31:26 »
Every time someone reports that crash, they always have Mode Switching installed. It shouldn't crash if you install without Mode Switching. The fix in the FAQ works if it's associated with just installing Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mode, but it doesn't ever work with Mode Switching because of the way it swaps out the flevel.lgp files. If you can find the multiple flevel.lgp files that are used for each difficulty mode selected, then perhaps using the FAQ method needs to be used for each one of them. I've not used Mode Switching in a very long time, so I can't remember if/where those files are stored.

Okay, I just tried playing it at hardcore difficulty since the file fixes it for hardcore mode. It ran without a problem. I guess that a way to work around it. Thanks a lot!

shwikkaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: 2014-03-26 21:05:27 »
You can find this information in The Big List of Mods under the Tools, Drivers, and Patches section.

I dropped it in and I got the arrow keys and the Enter as a start button, but nothing else. Literally no other button on my keyboard does anything.
Also, I download the music, but nothing happens: it's silent except for sound effects. Does that have anything to do with the "postprocess initializing failed" message I keep getting?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: 2014-03-27 05:22:21 »
I just try that and still I got the damn error window
then I try to update the FF7 opengl to v.0.8.1b
but the font and the image in the bottom got screw up.
I dont know what to do.
please help :-(  :-(
how could I "not to use too many texture improvements ( I suggest the HQ magic shouldn't be used. Most of them aren't improvements anyway and are only memory eater)" ?

@Kaldarasha
*hugs* *hugs* *hugs* I love you, but this has made a mountain out of a molehill.  :) Our responses have mixed together and created a new problem that is too difficult to pinpoint. When responding here, always note that Bootleg 040 and its associated mods are not updated for anything beyond Aali's 0.7.11b. It "may" work in some cases, but that is all dependent on the kind of mods they have chosen to install.

@adnanrannu
You need to start over completely fresh. Everything needs to be uninstalled, cleaned, and reinstalled. Do it by following these directions:
  • Uninstall FF7Music via Windows Control Panel.
  • Uninstall the game via Windows Control Panel.
  • Clean your registry using this tool: HERE
  • Delete the old installation folder completely. It will have junk files leftover from modding, and installing back into will cause a nightmare.
  • Install the game into a NON-SYSTEM folder. Programs Files is a system folder, so do NOT install it there. If you had used FF7GameConverter correctly from Step 1, then it would have been done automatically, but alas you must not have.
Please do this and then run Bootleg again.

It is also okay to choose the updated magic textures as many others and I have completed the entire game with them prior to any texture cache features introduced from Aali's Driver 0.8.11b.

Do NOT overwrite with Aali's Driver 0.8.11b afterwards.

I dropped it in and I got the arrow keys and the Enter as a start button, but nothing else. Literally no other button on my keyboard does anything.
Also, I download the music, but nothing happens: it's silent except for sound effects. Does that have anything to do with the "postprocess initializing failed" message I keep getting?

You should be able to start a New Game now and then configure your controls from the in-game menu.

Try the FF7Music Patch from the FAQ section.

Postprocess initializing failed could be caused by several things. It just means your shaders aren't being initialized. Post your APP.LOG if you want me to take a look at that.

« Last Edit: 2014-03-27 05:25:32 by EQ2Alyza »

EpiKer

• View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: 2014-03-27 05:27:38 »
Hi, I have a problem.

I want the Bootleg just for the Save Anywhere mod, new magic names and the new music but none of them seem to work. Here's what I did.
I installed FFVII, went to BFE > Menu Overhaul and ticked Save Anywhere, ran Bootleg, went to Bootleg.exe and enabled the Save Anywhere and New Magic Names mod. Now, this doesn't work. And also, where do I install the new music mod?

Thanks in advance :)

kaimikatzematrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: 2014-03-27 12:55:38 »
@ EQ2Alyza
I Install Bootleg Translate Text in German.I dont change anything in the overhaul options.Sometimes spelling mistake but this doesnt bother me.
Works fine^^ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

quitit

• View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: 2014-03-27 18:44:59 »
I haven't been successful at installing the mods to my Steam version of FF7.

I followed the instructions on the first page of the first poster of this thread, starting at:
"NOTE: Be careful not to install with Steam inside a system folder, such as Program Files or Program Files (x86)."
So I installed FF7 on my "G:\" hard drive into a folder called "Games" at the root level of this drive, so it looks like this: "G:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"
I download the FF7 empty ISO and mounted it with a virtual drive.

Then I followed the first step which was:
"Step 1: Read, download, and run the latest version of FF7 Game Converter."
I ran the game converter exe as "Run as administrator" by right clicking the exe and clicking that option.
The command line interface (CMD) window runs and prints out my windows OS version and it's bit type, which is windows 7 64-bit.
It shows where it found a reference to the FF7 installation, but since I reinstalled FF7 from the seam default directory (C:\Program Files\Steam\...) to the current "G:\" drive I installed it to, the Game Converter prints out the old directory is the place where FF7 is installed.
I inputted "G:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII" as the location since that's what the Game Converter prompt tells me to do if the tool does not find the correct FF7 installation directory.
The CMD window just hangs, since it looked like it was doing nothing for a long time, I let the Game Converter do its thing overnight and when I came back to the PC the CMD window just had a prompt that said: "Removed CompatFlags from "ff7config.exe"" over and over with a question prompt of "REG DELETE Y/N?" right after the previous message, but I couldn't type in the CMD window at all.  I decided to kill the process by pressing "ctrl+c".

I tried the Game Converter as my user account, and not administrator. Same symptoms as described above happens.
I tried entering "G:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII" without the quotation marks, still the same behavior.

I notice that while the Game Converter is running, a "find.exe" process is running, I assume this is searching for FF7 installation files and registry keys and might be the cause of my problem due to my odd PC setup (more than the normal HDD of common PC setup).
I also notice that the Game Converter will output "can't access directory", but that's because its trying to access the directory of "System Volume Information" for each drive, and is a hidden protected directory.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

My system specs are:
Windows 7 64-bit SP1 + all the updates currently, Disabled UAC since day one of windows installation.
Intel I7 920 stock speed.
12 GB DDR3
Nvidia 650Ti
Asus AC Wi-Fi NIC
1 real physical DVD-RW drive (D:\)
1 virtual drive (P:\)
Multiple hard drives:
C:\ (Samsung 830 256GB, only Windows OS and some games that I want to boot up quickly, 30 GB free).
E:\ (1TB Western Digital Black Edition, used for installation of programs and misc files)
G:\ (1TB Samsung, multimedia files and where I installed FF7)
and 8 other HDD.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-27 23:49:07 by quitit »

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: 2014-03-27 20:08:42 »
Ok, I bought on steam FF VII yesterday just to give a try to this compilation, and I would give thanks you to who make this possible (modders and compilers of bootleg). The game is awsome..  :)

I didn't have many troubles to install all, just converted the game with gc..loaded EQ2Alyza's profile for bootleg (made some changes about models in config for my taste) and let's go all. Now i have just some questions.. Can I install manually some others graphics mods that came out recently (i would think to all last cmh175's great models) using 7thHeaven?  IS there any incompatibility issue? because if I understand well, after i will load and apply the mods with 7thHeaven i have to lunch the game with its launcher, so all bootleg's mods will be load anyway?

I have another question a bit ot, can anyone tell me where can i find this shinra units models?
I tryed to search it follow all mods recompilation thread but didn't find anything.
Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english.  ;)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: 2014-03-28 06:38:25 »
I haven't been successful at installing the mods to my Steam version of FF7.

I followed the instructions on the first page of the first poster of this thread, starting at:
"NOTE: Be careful not to install with Steam inside a system folder, such as Program Files or Program Files (x86)."
So I installed FF7 on my "G:\" hard drive into a folder called "Games" at the root level of this drive, so it looks like this: "G:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"
I download the FF7 empty ISO and mounted it with a virtual drive.

I ran the game converter exe as "Run as administrator" by right clicking the exe and clicking that option.
The command line interface (CMD) window runs and prints out my windows OS version and it's bit type, which is windows 7 64-bit.
It shows where it found a reference to the FF7 installation, but since I reinstalled FF7 from the seam default directory (C:\Program Files\Steam\...) to the current "G:\" drive I installed it to, the Game Converter prints out the old directory is the place where FF7 is installed.
I inputted "G:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII" as the location since that's what the Game Converter prompt tells me to do if the tool does not find the correct FF7 installation directory.
The CMD window just hangs, since it looked like it was doing nothing for a long time, I let the Game Converter do its thing overnight and when I came back to the PC the CMD window just had a prompt that said: "Removed CompatFlags from "ff7config.exe"" over and over with a question prompt of "REG DELETE Y/N?" right after the previous message, but I couldn't type in the CMD window at all.  I decided to kill the process by pressing "ctrl+c".

I tried the Game Converter as my user account, and not administrator. Same symptoms as described above happens.
I tried entering "G:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII" without the quotation marks, still the same behavior.

I notice that while the Game Converter is running, a "find.exe" process is running, I assume this is searching for FF7 installation files and registry keys and might be the cause of my problem due to my odd PC setup (more than the normal HDD of common PC setup).
I also notice that the Game Converter will output "can't access directory", but that's because its trying to access the directory of "System Volume Information" for each drive, and is a hidden protected directory.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

My system specs are:
Windows 7 64-bit SP1 + all the updates currently, Disabled UAC since day one of windows installation.
Intel I7 920 stock speed.
12 GB DDR3
Nvidia 650Ti
Asus AC Wi-Fi NIC
1 real physical DVD-RW drive (D:\)
1 virtual drive (P:\)
Multiple hard drives:
C:\ (Samsung 830 256GB, only Windows OS and some games that I want to boot up quickly, 30 GB free).
E:\ (1TB Western Digital Black Edition, used for installation of programs and misc files)
G:\ (1TB Samsung, multimedia files and where I installed FF7)
and 8 other HDD.

I forgot to take out the part about having to move the Steam folder, sorry! We updated the Game Converter to move your game to your main HDD (C:\Games\FF7) if it's located in a system folder. Your C: drive is an SSD with only 30GB free, which it needs about that much after the game is installed. You may want to free up a couple more GB on it just in case.

Go ahead and uninstall all copies of FF7 and clean your registry keys with this: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14421.0
Install the game again wherever you want, and the Game Converter will ask to move it to a non-system folder if it needs to.

Ok, I bought on steam FF VII yesterday just to give a try to this compilation, and I would give thanks you to who make this possible (modders and compilers of bootleg). The game is awsome..  :)

I didn't have many troubles to install all, just converted the game with gc..loaded EQ2Alyza's profile for bootleg (made some changes about models in config for my taste) and let's go all. Now i have just some questions.. Can I install manually some others graphics mods that came out recently (i would think to all last cmh175's great models) using 7thHeaven?  IS there any incompatibility issue? because if I understand well, after i will load and apply the mods with 7thHeaven i have to lunch the game with its launcher, so all bootleg's mods will be load anyway?

I have another question a bit ot, can anyone tell me where can i find this shinra units models?
I tryed to search it follow all mods recompilation thread but didn't find anything.
Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english.  ;)

You should be able to use 7H after a Bootleg install, but I've not tested it to know. I do know you will need to set FF7Music.exe as its program to launch when running the game through 7H.  cmh175 may know more about whether it works, so send him a PM.

I don't know where to find those soldier models. They aren't any I've seen here.

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: 2014-03-28 09:00:42 »
thanks for answer :) The soldier's models seems to be part of a full pack.. or at least i thought that watching this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOqQaYnHp8g Are freacking awsome.. shame that are no released :(

Well if someone else would help me about figure out  how 7thHeaven works with bootleg in pm will be great ;)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: 2014-03-28 13:17:11 »
7thHeaven does not work well with Bootleg, as they both do the same thing, more or less. I recommend sticking to either, but not both at once.

The new OpenGL driver does not support popup disabling anymore, but it should work fine with Bootleg, as far as I'm concerned. Some changes in the driver might not go well with Bootleg, however.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #2070 on: 2014-03-28 13:34:32 »
thanks for answer :) The soldier's models seems to be part of a full pack.. or at least i thought that watching this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOqQaYnHp8g Are freacking awsome.. shame that are no released :(

Well if someone else would help me about figure out  how 7thHeaven works with bootleg in pm will be great ;)

Those models cant be released and distributed on Qhimm. You can try your luck with Google, but you wont be able to get help and support for them here.

7thHeaven will work fine with a Bootleg install, regardless of what options you select. It was designed and tested to work regardless of how you installed everything. It'll replace bootloader to launch the game, but you can still use it to set the game settings.

After you download and unzip 7H place it in the same folder you put the tifa torrent. Set to it run as Admin, and open the settings. The Library location is where you want to store your 7H mods, I suggest in the same folder you put 7H. The next line is for the exe, it needs to be the ff7.exe that bootleg installs, not the exe for bootloader (make sure the game is mounted on the D:\, otherwise it wont work). Set the mod path to the folder inside the mods folder, with bootleg that's ff7\mods\bootleg. You can skip the movie path if you're not using an iro for videos. Set the Launch also option to FF7music.exe, that way it'll open it for you when you hit launch. Then just place the 7H mods you want in the library folder you made. When you open 7H and go to the Library tab to activate the mods it'll probably be blank, hit Search and everything will show up.

fizzgig

• View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: 2014-03-28 15:30:25 »
Hey, I just went through the whole modding process, but when I try to launch the game from the bootloader it gives me an error 'could not find ff7.exe in the game folder.' anyone know how I can fix this? can't find anything about it in the FAQ or google

fizzgig

• View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: 2014-03-28 15:43:53 »
Just to add to that this is the exact message i get

EDIT: Same thing happens when I launch ff7 config. it tells me ff7.exe is not found and that it wasn't installed correctly. Should I just reinstall the game? I'm using the steam version
« Last Edit: 2014-03-28 16:14:00 by fizzgig »

SlackerD

• View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: 2014-03-28 18:16:09 »
I try installing it to a non-system folder like you specified, but I get an error message about a steam folder already existing on that drive. How can I fix that?

Nevermind, just found out how to do so on the Steam website.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-28 18:21:30 by SlackerD »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: 2014-03-29 02:43:20 »
Hi quitit,

In the game folder there should be a file "FF7_GC.log", please look for it and post it here.

The CMD window just hangs, since it looked like it was doing nothing for a long time, I let the Game Converter do its thing overnight...

I can go through the game Converter just in 27 seconds ;D
If it takes longer than 2 minutes without something is happening, then you can abort (ctrl + c) ...

... and when I came back to the PC the CMD window just had a prompt that said: "Removed CompatFlags from "ff7config.exe"" over and over with a question prompt of "REG DELETE Y/N?" right after the previous message, but I couldn't type in the CMD window at all.  I decided to kill the process by pressing "ctrl+c".

The question prompt of "REG DELETE Y/N?" should not arise, it should be deleted without question.
Also, there is no situation where the Compat flags are cleared several times.
At this moment I strongly suspect that your system is faulty somewhere.
Try to test the RAM with a test program...

I also have connected multiple hard drives that will not disturb the Game Converter.
Find.exe is a CMD command that is included in any Windows, the game Converter used frequently this command.

? ? ?
The Game Converter does not access the "System Volume Information" which may not be the folder that can not be accessed.

I forgot to take out the part about having to move the Steam folder, sorry! We updated the Game Converter to move your game to your main HDD (C:\Games\FF7) if it's located in a system folder. Your C: drive is an SSD with only 30GB free, which it needs about that much after the game is installed. You may want to free up a couple more GB on it just in case.

30GB are for the Game Converter more than enough, Bootleg needs afterwards so much space.

Hi fizzgig,

obviously lack the (old) main program.
You can try to unpack the ff7.exe from the 1.02 patch and copy it to the game, but the modifications made ​​by Bootleg lost.
Better yet, once again to uninstall everything and start from scratch is.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-29 03:14:53 by Kompass63 »