Author Topic: Error when trying to download mods  (Read 1280 times)

nimbusdimbus

• View Profile
Error when trying to download mods
« on: 2018-12-20 16:50:34 »
So I bought the game from steam. installed it on the F:\ partition in the directory F:\GAMES\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII

I used the converter and then ran the 7thHeaven program. It did try to update to 1.55 but it was incomplete (I did run it as administrator) so i just re-extracted the v1.54 to use instead. This is the error I got when I tried to download some mods and also when I was changing some things in settings and closed the settings menu.

System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(String fullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Install.DownloadAndInstall(Mod m) in C:\Code\7H\7thHeaven.Code\Install.cs:line 83
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pMod.bAction_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\pMod.cs:line 161
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I had the 7thHeaven extracted to F:\ partition in the directory F:\GAMES\steamapps\common\
so I thought maybe steam was giving an issue but moving it to C:\Users\A\Downloads

Thank you for the help

nimbusdimbus

• View Profile
Re: Error when trying to download mods
« Reply #1 on: 2018-12-20 17:09:10 »
Im running windows 7 V6.1 Build 7601 SP1

nimbusdimbus

• View Profile
Re: Error when trying to download mods
« Reply #2 on: 2018-12-20 22:22:38 »
I got another version of FF7 and its running perfectly so i am good. The steam version I don't know what the issue was.

Maybe the developers will want to see the error though.
« Last Edit: 2018-12-20 22:27:38 by nimbusdimbus »